M

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Legend
Legend
Steelers play at Tennessee this week, so they’ll have an altered schedule I’d think

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
What's going on with spectator restrictions? It seems like the stands in most stadiums are completely empty, but in Dallas today there were quite a few.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: jfanent
What's going on with spectator restrictions? It seems like the stands in most stadiums are completely empty, but in Dallas today there were quite a few.

I think it depends on local policy. Mercedes Benz Stadium hasnt allowed any fans so far.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
And it looked like Chicago had no fans.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent

Each team is allowed to make their own determination on how many fans (if any) they want... some of it may depend on the state/city they are in.... but the NFL basically told the NFL teams to figure it out on their own...

Texans for example didn't want any fans for their first home game... they wanted to figure out how to get the teams and staff through a game first... today they allowed about 13-15,000 fans in the building...

<><

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually it was the city that didn't allow fans at the Titans first home game.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Actually it was the city that didn't allow fans at the Titans first home game.

The odds of players getting Covid from a fan is pretty slim IMO.

They are getting like any of us could.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's about having the same standard for the city. I'm pretty sure you've been to the honky tonks on Broadway. It would be a breeding ground for Covid.

And I know you wish to focus on the players in your post. But let's not forget about those fans. They all stand in line at the concession stands and go to the bathroom.

It's how you try and protect everyone rather than a special group of people.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
It's about having the same standard for the city. I'm pretty sure you've been to the honky tonks on Broadway. It would be a breeding ground for Covid.

And I know you wish to focus on the players in your post. But let's not forget about those fans. They all stand in line at the concession stands and go to the bathroom.

I am worried about that. The question was about keeping players safe. I am simply saying getting it from fans is the least of their worries.

Chances are some player broke the bond and went out clubbing somewhere.

As far as the same standard, each state sets the standard for their state.

In Ohio the Browns and Bengals have been limited to 6000 fans thus far. Some games have no fans. Others look like 20,000.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
In Ohio the Browns and Bengals have been limited to 6000 fans thus far. Some games have no fans. Others look like 20,000.

Ohio health department just changed it to 12,000

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
Quote:

Ohio health department just changed it to 12,000

Thanks for the update. I knew the 6,000 was for the first two games. I hadn't seen any word on a waiver from that amount.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
No one will agree with me here, but I strongly believe if the Titans end up forfeiting to the Bills, they should forfeit to the Steelers as well.

But I hope that both games can be played.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
No one will agree with me here, but I strongly believe if the Titans end up forfeiting to the Bills, they should forfeit to the Steelers as well.

I don't believe in any forfeits. I feel they should reschedule it.

No Craps Given
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
EveDawg - I agree, both games should be played.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
EveDawg - I agree, both games should be played.

The NFL has all the power. They can change schedules at will. So, therefore, they should make a reschedule work.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Schedule Bills vs Titans to the day before we play Tennessee smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

I don't believe in any forfeits. I feel they should reschedule it.

I think forfeit becomes a topic of conversation if it can be proved they flagrantly violated virus protocols, which led to the infections. If that's the case, I could see forfeits being on the table.

Otherwise, for sure play. We all knew it was going to be a crazy, difficult season.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Legend
Legend
F
If you can field a team with the players that tested negative, get out there and play

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I am worried about that. The question was about keeping players safe. I am simply saying getting it from fans is the least of their worries.

Chances are some player broke the bond and went out clubbing somewhere.

As far as the same standard, each state sets the standard for their state.

Having no fans isn't about the players it's about fan safety. You can't pack 80,000 people into a stadium and not have a huge Covid outbreak.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Tenn. just had to close their practice facility again because of Covid. I actually don't want the Browns anywhere NEAR the Titans players. All it takes is one case passing on to the Browns and then we have big problems.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't care about packing stadiums. It wouldn't bother me if no fans were allowed at all.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Tenn. just had to close their practice facility again because of Covid. I actually don't want the Browns anywhere NEAR the Titans players. All it takes is one case passing on to the Browns and then we have big problems.

Where did you see this, I can find nothing about it.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
B
Legend
Legend
B
The Falcons have players who tested positive.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
He's caught in a time warp???

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
So now we wait..

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
https://apple.news/AGMnrtzaeRUm3rYbSAL2qOg

Jaguars’ RB out for season related to COVID symptoms. This virus doesn’t care if you’re a 20 something athlete.

Wear your masks. Keep your distances. Keep your circle small.

Article....
WHILE MOST NFL players have recovered quickly from COVID-19, Jacksonville Jaguars running back Ryquell Armstead has not.
Armstead, who some within the Jacksonville organization thought would replace Leonard Fournette as the starting running back, is not expected to play again this season because of symptoms that he has suffered while battling COVID-19, league sources told ESPN.
Armstead has been hospitalized twice and has suffered from a variety of complications connected to the virus, including significant respiratory issues, and has been hit harder than some expected.
Jacksonville placed Armstead on the reserve/COVID-19 list twice this season -- the second time coming during the first week in September, when head coach Doug Marrone said he couldn't "put an exact timetable" on Armstead's recovery but noted that "he'll be out a while."
Armstead, 23, is expected to return next season at full strength, according to sources. Armstead was projected to be a significant contributor to the Jaguars at the time he was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list. His absence has allowed rookie undrafted free agent James Robinson to emerge as the Jaguars' starting running back.

[Linked Image]
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Broncos GM ELway and team president Ellis test positive for covid.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Broncos not allowing fans at games after this Sunday.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Dobbins and Ingram are out with COVID for the next couple weeks.

It just got announced on TV. I can’t find a link to the story yet.

Here’s Ingram’s report. 7 minutes old.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fantasypros.com/nfl/news/278635/mark-ingram-tests-positive-covid-19.php%3famp

Last edited by PortlandDawg; 11/23/20 03:56 PM. Reason: Updating

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Cleveland coronavirus cases up 1,200 percent since early October

The Cleveland area has seen its number of coronavirus cases skyrocket by 1,259 percent in the past seven weeks according to the Ohio Department of Health, as cases across the country continue to climb.

On Oct. 1, when Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine (R) released an advisory alert map, the Cleveland/Akron area was reporting an average of 83 cases a day, according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Now, the area is averaging 1,134 cases a day.

The Buckeye State, like many states in recent weeks, on Friday broke its record for new cases in a single day, reporting 8,808 cases. So far, 343,286 coronavirus cases and 5,984 deaths have been reported in Ohio.

Last week Franklin County, where the state’s capital of Columbus is located, was elevated to the highest public emergency level, indicating a risk of “severe exposure and spread.” The recommendation for residents in a county at this level is to “only leave home for supplies and services.”

Last week, Columbus health officials announced a month-long health advisory, urging residents to only leave the home for essential needs, work and school.

“I'm not going to mince words: We have entered a dangerous time in our fight against COVID-19. This surge is much scarier than we saw in the spring or again in the summer," Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther (D) said after the advisory was announced.

When the advisory system was first released on Oct. 1, 11 counties were classified as Level 3. Now, of Ohio's 88 counties, 15 are at Level 2, one is at Level 4 and the rest are Level 3.

In a tweet last week, DeWine warned that “Other counties may not yet be seeing continuous, uninterrupted increases in the same way that is causing Franklin to move to purple, but make no mistake—almost all counties are seeing more cases and more healthcare use that could threaten the medical system if they continue.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch...e-early-october

We may be just seeing the beginning of this with the Browns. With that increase, everyone the team has contact with, including those at home, are a higher spread risk than anything to date.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
https://sports.yahoo.com/buffalo-bills-t...-232820531.html

Bills TE Tommy Sweeney out for season after developing heart condition linked to COVID-19

Let’s hope Myles gets through his virus run in without complications.

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
With all the very tight playoff races in the AFC I kind of wonder if the last team standing will be the one with the best Covid culture of being a hermit and just playing football. And #notgettingsick

No Craps Given
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
But hey, herd immunity right!?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's hard to develop herd immunity with the lousy immune systems many people in this country have. Herd immunity is great in theory, but theories don't frequently work as well as expected outside of a carefully controlled environment.

I'm wondering a bit if too much focus is being put on the after potentially infected end (i.e, masks) and not enough on why many people in this country are so susceptible in the first place.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not to beat a dead horse (but it's sounding like we should) people are extra susceptible here BECAUSE of things like masking, distancing, etc. :-p

But more to your point, it's pretty established that our healthcare 'culture' (for lack of a better word) is way heavy on treatment and not so much on prevention. We do a really terrible job on taking care of ourselves and then look to docs/hospitals to fix everything that breaks (an apple a day... and all that).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Covid-19 and the NFL

Link Copied to Clipboard