Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Trump To Nation: ‘Don’t Let Your Lives Be Dominated By Fear Unless It’s Related To Immigrants’

https://www.theonion.com/trump-to-nation..._source=twitter

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

I was watching the baseball games.

Pulling for the Braves. Changing channels watching some of the other series.

I saw Aaron Boone in the dugout mask on. Watched him pull the mask down so he could spit?

WTF?

SMH notallthere

First baseman spit constantly. Guys in the dugout spitting.

Felt like it should be on John Oliver's Last Week Tonight..

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I was confronted by some idiot at Kroger last week who told me, "You know your mask is fake, right?"

Let's just say when the conversation was over, he wasn't happy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

He claims there is a cure now.

He claims because he feels good he doesn't believe he's contagious anymore.

He wants to start holding rallies again right away. You know, the kind where nobody has to wear a mask.

He now says that he probably was infected by Gold Star families.

There are a number of people in this world that never learn anything no matter what the facts are to the contrary. Many of those people end up in prison. But at least one of them was elected president.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Given the rumblings out of NY, I wouldn't say that he's avoided the prison part.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I should have used the caveat "To this point". smile

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Lindsey Graham refusing to use Covid protocol prior to debate.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I was confronted by some idiot at Kroger last week who told me, "You know your mask is fake, right?"

I don't understand. How can a mask be fake?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
You're not supposed to understand it.

I've started a list of weird stuff I've heard in the Kroger parking lot.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I have no idea. He wasn't wearing one and I kept my distance. He claimed they didn't do anything and we were being controlled by the media. I reminded him that the media is reporting what the scientists and experts on the subject were saying as fact and that maybe if he listened to people who knew what the hell they were talking about instead of those who didn't, he might be better informed. I can't use the expletives that became involved in the back and forth but let's just say other people at Kroger were looking at him like he was an idiot.

I never confront those who aren't wearing a mask. But I'm not going to stand there and listen to someone tell me I'm wrong for wearing one. My best estimate is that when I go to Kroger, 95% to 98% of the people there are now wearing them. It wasn't that way at first until Nashville became such a hot spot.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

34 people connected to White House, more than previously known, infected by coronavirus: Internal FEMA memo

The administration has sought to downplay the spread.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/34-peopl...ory?id=73487381

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

He claims there is a cure now.

He claims because he feels good he doesn't believe he's contagious anymore.

He wants to start holding rallies again right away. You know, the kind where nobody has to wear a mask.

He now says that he probably was infected by Gold Star families.

There are a number of people in this world that never learn anything no matter what the facts are to the contrary. Many of those people end up in prison. But at least one of them was elected president.

Didn't he also say that he feels so good that he doesn't think he even ever had coronavirus?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Coughing Trump suggests he may never even have had coronavirus in Fox News interview: 'They found very little, if any'

The Independent
Mayank Aggarwal
,The Independent•October 9, 2020

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coughing-trump-suggests-may-never-083458491.html

Legend
Legend

cool Good job bro

I peed off my son in law a while back because I couldn't keep my mouth shut on his facebook. One of his friends who had convinced my son in law that they guy was a scientist who was bashing everybody about wasting their time wearing masks. I confronted him and heard how he was a scientist who dealt with covid every day and that he knew more than me. After some digging (oh hell yes I'm good at that lol)I found out he was a lab tech at the Cleveland Clinic, and a part time auto mechanic teacher. Needless to say he ran away after I confronted him with those facts.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Jester
Coughing Trump suggests he may never even have had coronavirus in Fox News interview: 'They found very little, if any'

The Independent
Mayank Aggarwal
,The Independent•October 9, 2020

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coughing-trump-suggests-may-never-083458491.html

Just when you thought he couldn't utter a more stupid, moronic, baseless, lie ... he dug really deep and found something ridiculous to say. I mean this and the bleach dealio - priceless.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

If you look at the mask retention for virus, there are a lot of charts that indicate that unless it is a N95 mask or a surgical mask it will not be effective against virus.

While this is true, what has been found is that virus is contained in water particles, not just floating around freely. So masks that stop aerosols are more effective than none.

There was a lot of work done after the homemade masks call went out in March/April, and the studies demonstrated that masks were far more effective than none.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A lot of people argue that the masks we are wearing are not 100% effective because they are not N95. But they don't need to be.

On an individual level, imagine that you are crossing a street. If you don't look both ways before you cross, you have a higher likelihood of getting hit by a car but that risk of getting hit by a car is not 100%. Much depends on which street you are crossing. But if you look both ways before crossing your risk of getting hit by a car is significantly reduced but not zero. In this metaphor, getting hit by a car is catching covid while looking both ways brfore crossing is wearing a mask

On a more global level, the mask again doesn't need to be 100% effective. It needs to be effective enough to get the R-naught to less than 1. R-naught is the number of new cases that arise from each case. The R-naught needs to be >1 to be considered a pandemic. If we can get the R-naught to <1 then the virus can burn itself out.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
On a more global level, the mask again doesn't need to be 100% effective. It needs to be effective enough to get the R-naught to less than 1.

^this, right here.^

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

COVID-19 cases rising in 39 states – 9 months into the pandemic: 'We are overwhelmed'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/heal...rds/5906943002/

As today Trump once again tried to downplay the virus saying yet again, "It will disappear" while he was using our White House as the backdrop of another political rally.

Another one of those unwritten rules nobody thought you actually had to write because it was never expected a president to stoop that low.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
White House Blocked C.D.C. From Requiring Masks on Public Transportation
The order would have mandated that both passengers and employees wear face coverings on planes, trains, buses and subways and in airports, stations and depots.

By Sheila Kaplan
Oct. 9, 2020
Updated 8:00 p.m. ET

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention drafted a sweeping order last month requiring all passengers and employees to wear masks on all forms of public and commercial transportation in the United States, but it was blocked by the White House, according to two federal health officials.

The order would have been the toughest federal mandate to date aimed at curbing the spread of the coronavirus, which continues to infect more than 40,000 Americans a day. The officials said that it was drafted under the agency’s “quarantine powers” and that it had the support of the secretary of health and human services, Alex M. Azar II, but the White House Coronavirus Task Force, led by Vice President Mike Pence, declined to even discuss it.

The two officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to comment, said the order would have required face coverings on airplanes, trains, buses and subways, and in transit hubs such as airports, train stations and bus depots.

A task force official said the decision to require masks should be left up to states and localities. The administration requires the task force to sign off on coronavirus-related policies.

“The approach the task force has taken with any mask mandate is, the response in New York City is different than Montana, or Tuscaloosa, Alabama,” said the official who asked not to be identified because he did not have permission to discuss the matter. “Local and state authorities need to determine the best approach for their responsive effort depending on how the coronavirus is impacting their area.”

Most public health officials believe that wearing masks is one of the most effective ways to protect against the spread of the virus, particularly in crowded, poorly ventilated public places that attract people from all over, like transportation venues. Many feel that the Trump administration has turned the wearing — or not wearing — of masks into a political expression, as seen most dramatically on Monday evening when President Trump whipped off his surgical mask at the White House door after returning from the hospital where he was treated for Covid-19.

“I think masks are the most powerful weapon we have to confront Covid and we all need to embrace masks and set the example for each other,” Dr. Robert R. Redfield, the C.D.C. director, who oversaw the drafting of the order, said in a recent interview.

Dr. Redfield has been publicly at odds with President Trump for promoting mask wearing along with social distancing, and for warning that a vaccine for the virus won’t be widely available until next year.

The thwarting of the mask rule is the latest in a number of C.D.C. actions stalled or changed by the White House. Late last month, the coronavirus task force overruled the C.D.C. director’s order to keep cruise ships docked until mid-February. That plan was opposed by the tourism industry in Florida, an important swing state in the presidential election. Political appointees at the White House and the Department of Health and Human Services have also been involved in rewriting the agency’s guidelines on reopening schools and testing for the virus, bypassing the agency’s scientists.

Some other members of the White House Task Force support a mask mandate. But others do not, among them Dr. Scott W. Atlas, a radiologist who has become Mr. Trump’s closest adviser on the coronavirus, and Mr. Pence, who runs the panel and sets the agenda.

Representative Peter A. DeFazio, Democrat of Oregon and chairman of the House committee on transportation and infrastructure, criticized Mr. Trump for ignoring public health experts from his own administration on the mask issue.

“It’s especially outrageous because the science is so clear: masks save lives,” Mr. DeFazio said. “The millions of Americans who work in and use our transportation systems every day — from bus drivers, train conductors and flight attendants, to the frontline workers who rely on public transit — deserve to know their president is relying on experts’ best advice and doing everything possible to keep them safe.”

The transportation trades department of the A.F.L.-C.I.O., which represents 33 unions with what it describes as “millions” of transportation workers, said that the administration last week rejected its July petition to require passengers to wear masks on public transportation.

Larry Willis, president of the department, said his members were being endangered by a patchwork of rules regarding face coverings on airplanes, trains and buses around the country, as well as in airports, train stations and bus depots.

“Some airports are all in and they require masks when you walk in the door,” Mr. Willis said. “Some places where masks have become too politicized, the right mandates are not in place.”

“I think it creates an uncertain level of health and safety for workers and passengers,” he said. “This is a global pandemic, this is a national emergency. We should have a national standard.”

Sara Nelson, international president of the Association of Flight Attendants, said that while airlines do technically require passengers to wear face coverings, enforcement can be difficult.

“If there is a requirement by regulation or law, then there’s typically a consequence for not following that regulation or law,” Ms. Nelson said. “So that gives us backing and it often serves as a deterrent from bad behavior.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/09/health/coronavirus-covid-masks-cdc.html

P
Legend
Legend
P
They'll still say Trump didn't kill anybody.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-ne...-study-n1242970

I wonder if and when we will ever stop hearing that the deaths and news are fake and manufactured to make Trump look bad?? Or maybe the Journal of the American Medical Association is Deep State too?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
So anyways a second Covid Vaccine has been put on hold due to some test recipients coming down with unexplained sicknesses.

Huge setback. While trump hosts unmasked Super spreader rallies. Known from now on as Trump’s SS sending us to the gas chambers.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/10/12/john...in-participant/

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Not a huge setback.

This is to be expected for vaccines that are fast-tracked in development. Jester can probably chime in here, but 90% of vaccines don't actually ever make it to market.

There's still a good chance we get a viable vaccine. Just a matter of which one it will be, how effective it is, and if we can update it quick enough in comparison to how covid mutates.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

cool Good job bro

I peed off my son in law a while back because I couldn't keep my mouth shut on his facebook. One of his friends who had convinced my son in law that they guy was a scientist who was bashing everybody about wasting their time wearing masks. I confronted him and heard how he was a scientist who dealt with covid every day and that he knew more than me. After some digging (oh hell yes I'm good at that lol)I found out he was a lab tech at the Cleveland Clinic, and a part time auto mechanic teacher. Needless to say he ran away after I confronted him with those facts.

LOL I was at Heinens in Aurora last week.. I was wearing my mask as required.. Some lady was standing near me at the Deli counter. She Said, out of nowhere, you do know that these masks don't help right?

I asked her if she got her Medical degree from Trump University..... She wasn't happy, but the deli clerk sure was.... rofl

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

And the Covid lies continue from Trump's cronies....

Rudy Giuliani Tells Trump Supporters ‘People Don’t Die’ Of Coronavirus Anymore

Trump’s personal attorney made the egregious comment while standing in a small office space in Philadelphia.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giul...ign=hp_fb_pages

#gmstrong
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
IF this is true- oh, man.

I'm going to wait to see if this is anything, because this is about as bad as it could be. This tweet is my first exposure to any such story... and at first blush, it seems too nakedly awful to accept. So I'm going to take My Pops' advice: "Don't go off half-cocked when you hear something that makes you mad. Wait for the facts. If they stand up, then you can go off fully-cocked."

This would be further proof that rich, powerful people don't give a flying fox about people like us. None of them.

44 admin was guilty of bailing out banks while giving us crumbs.
45 admin told the truth to their moneyed friends- then directly lied to the rest of us about something that could kill us all.

No wonder Americans of every stripe are depressed, angry, and openly hostile.

But hey- the 60's were a blazing dumpster fire, and we managed to stagger our way out of that. Guess we'll see if we have what it takes to do it again, a half-century later.

Damn, we're stupid as a society.
Damn, we're stupid as a species.

#GMStong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I agree. But in the 60s at least we had good drugs and music to get us through... wink

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Ohio reports new single-day record high of 2,039 COVID-19 cases

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/2020...day/5971439002/

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The Woodward tapes told me everything I needed to know. Trump knew the truth and he said it on tape. That's all the evidence I needed to know he would lie even if it kills people. Lots of people.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Woodward tapes told me everything I needed to know. Trump knew the truth and he said it on tape. That's all the evidence I needed to know he would lie even if it kills people. Lots of people.

Whats a few hundred thousand deaths if he can get re-elected?

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P
To him? It appears it doesn't mean that much.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
US sees highest daily coronavirus count since August, with nearly 60K new cases Wednesday

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/nation...cases-wednesday

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

trump administration was telling wealthy donors something else.
too long to post so I will include the link.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/14/us/politics/stock-market-coronavirus-trump.html

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chris Christie says he was in ICU for 7 days battling Covid-19, urges Americans to wear masks
NBC News
Dareh Gregorian
,NBC News•October 15, 2020

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Thursday urged Americans to wear masks to fight the coronavirus that put him in intensive care for seven days, and warned the virus is "something to take very seriously."

Christie was one of a number of people with ties to the White House who tested positive for the coronavirus at around the same time as President Donald Trump.

"I believed that when I entered the White House grounds, that I had entered a safe zone, due to the testing that and I and many others underwent every day. I was wrong. I was wrong to not wear a mask at the Amy Coney Barrett announcement and I was wrong not to wear a mask at my multiple debate prep sessions with the President and the rest of the team," Christie said in a statement obtained by NBC News.

The government's top infectious disease doctor, Anthony Fauci, last week called the Rose Garden event, where few attendees wore masks, a "superspreader event."

The longtime Trump ally said he's now recovered from his illness, and thanked his doctors and "the manufacturers of Remdesivir and the Eli Lilly monoclonal anti-body cocktail for giving me access to their extraordinary treatments. I am confident that all of those factors contributed to my good health today."

Christie also appeared to distance himself from the president, who said he felt better that he's felt in decades after getting treated with a different antibody cocktail for the virus.

"No one should be happy to get the virus and no one should be cavalier about being infected or infecting others," Christie said. "It is something to take very seriously. The ramifications are wildly random and potentially deadly."

He added that "as a former public official, I believe we have not treated Americans as adults, who understand truth, sacrifice and responsibility."

"When you have seven days in isolation in an ICU though, you have time to do a lot of thinking," Christie said, advocating that people "follow CDC guidelines in public no matter where you are and wear a mask to protect yourself and others."

"Every public official, regardless of party or position, should advocate for every American to wear a mask in public, appropriately socially distance and to wash your hands frequently every day. At the same time, we should be reopening in every corner of this nation under these guidelines," Christie said.

"I believe that these two steps can bring our country together while our pharmaceutical companies invent the therapeutics and vaccines which will rid us of this virus," he added.

"While we may seem very divided today, I do believe we can use this public health tragedy to bring us together. It is never too late to start," he said, but "It will take leadership that both challenges and trusts the American people."

https://news.yahoo.com/chris-christie-says-icu-7-224343806.html

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I believe we have not treated Americans as adults, who understand truth, sacrifice and responsibility."

For me, this was the line of the entire article. Never before have we seen executive level mixed messages and contradictory public statements like this. In every crisis, we have seen unanimity of message from the early days of crisis response. A plan of action was devised, the American people were informed, and guidelines were established for the public to help. Victory gardens and recycling tin cans were a feature of WWII domestic life. Even after 9/11, POTUS 43 advised the public to shop, go do the things you always did. Don't let these people to make you live in fear"

All partisanship aside, leadership looks like that.

A year ago+, PP was discussing the divide in our nation's psyche. Someone asked what it would take to bring us back to each other. I suggested that it would take a national threat on the level of 9/11. This could have been that event. We never had a chance.

Quote:
"Every public official, regardless of party or position, should advocate for every American to wear a mask in public, appropriately socially distance and to wash your hands frequently every day. At the same time, we should be reopening in every corner of this nation under these guidelines,"

...is how we could have had that chance. All oars in the water, boat heading in a straight line. We never had a chance.

and then, there's this:
Quote:
"I believed that when I entered the White House grounds, that I had entered a safe zone, due to the testing that and I and many others underwent every day. I was wrong. I was wrong to not wear a mask at the Amy Coney Barrett announcement and I was wrong not to wear a mask at my multiple debate prep sessions with the President and the rest of the team,"

...is what a responsible adult says when he's seen his errors. He is someone who has earned the right to speak. This dude saw Jesus- and he's still here to tell us about this evil thing.

IMHO, we never had a chance because we were never given that chance.
From the very start, this crisis has been- from top to bottom- every man for himself.

All partisanship aside, leadership looks nothing like that.

#GMStong
Legend
Legend

A all time new low.

Last night trump made the totally false claim that 85% of those wearing a mask caught the virus.

Not only is this dead wrong. That in itself is bad.

But to make that claim as thousands are dying when all the science underlines the importance of wearing a mask is unconscionable and irresponsible to the highest degree.

trumps pal Chris Christie's message about wearing masks:
"I was Wrong."

This type of behavior from the highest office in the Land is beyond all reason.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well he also claimed that a radiologist is a world expert on infectious diseases, so....

He also claims as Covid cases skyrocket that we've "turned the corner and it will disappear". He just keeps doubling down on stupidity.

Let me give you an example of just one difference between the two candidates.

Trump never admits he's wrong even while hundreds of thousands of Americans are dying. Still denied that wearing masks is a good thing because of the lie he is perpetuating that "85% of people dying from Covid wear masks".

Biden admitted he was wrong in his vote on the 1994 crime bill. He stated what was good about it and what was bad about it. Then he stated what he had learned from it.

I want a president that learns from his mistakes. Not one who feels he has nothing to learn and never makes a mistake.

#gmstrong
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus COVID-19: Trump Knew

Link Copied to Clipboard