Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
B
1st String
1st String
B
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
hope he is ok

I just read a bit on Cleveland.com saying we fear it is serious and he may be out the rest of the season.

That would be typical Browns luck.

B
Legend
Legend
B

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm of a small notion to go back to the draft day posts and see what we all thought of Donovan..

dang did they all get deleted when we closed down the draft forum?

Last edited by SaintDawg; 10/25/20 07:09 PM.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
I'm of a small notion to go back to the draft day posts and see what we all thought of Donovan..

dang did they all get deleted when we closed down the draft forum?

https://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthreads.php/topics/1757796/1

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
thanks.. appears like most here said Meh..

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I think pretty much everyone at this point wants to trade OBJ. Its what must happen in order for Baker to regain his confidence and become the alpha in the locker room, it is a MUST.

Trade OBJ for a safety. Do it as soon as he's healthy, do not re-sign him either. Its not a slight to OBJ either but he just hasn't worked out here, just hasn't. Time to move on from him.

Our starting WR's should be:

Landry (Better than OBJ)
Hollywood Higgins
Peoples Jones
KaDarel Hodge

Simple as that. These guys work and word hard, they're not divas.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
V
Legend
Legend
V
Eck!

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
I think pretty much everyone at this point wants to trade OBJ. Its what must happen in order for Baker to regain his confidence and become the alpha in the locker room, it is a MUST.

Trade OBJ for a safety. Do it as soon as he's healthy, do not re-sign him either. Its not a slight to OBJ either but he just hasn't worked out here, just hasn't. Time to move on from him.

Our starting WR's should be:

Landry (Better than OBJ)
Hollywood Higgins
Peoples Jones
KaDarel Hodge

Simple as that. These guys work and word hard, they're not divas.

I dont want to trade OBJ. Baker has no weird issue with OBJ on the field. Its in your imagination.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Baker's problems weren't because OBJ was on the field. You don't trade one of the best receivers in the league because the qb suddenly pulled his head out of his arse after the injury.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree with you.
OBJ is a premier athlete but Baker is a completely different Qb when OBJ is in the field.
Don't know for sure why but it it pretty clear that is the case.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Jester
I agree with you.
OBJ is a premier athlete but Baker is a completely different Qb when OBJ is in the field.
Don't know for sure why but it it pretty clear that is the case.

We were playing Cinci. How did we do against Cinci the first time we played them this year? Did we get shut out or something.

People love to scream "agenda" and question fandom if one uses film breakdowns, analytical stats, etc to evaluate Baker, but people have no problem just trashing OBJ w/out any evidence at all to support their biased opinions.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
The weird part is I can't explain or articulate why really, its just a feeling I have. You can see the difference on the field though and it's clear. To say otherwise is just pretending not to.

Personally I think when OBJ is on the field he always looks at him first and because his eyes are over there he misses when other people and routes come open. Maybe it sounds crazy but it seems logical to me.

All the other players seem to be selfless and he sees them as equals without a ME attitude where something bad might happen if they don't get the ball. There is a natural scanning of the field to who is open. That is when they play as a team. Not looking at OBJ, waiting, oh is he going to come open, is he not? Not waiting on OBJ and just playing whatever the defense gives you naturally is the best way to go in my opinion. OBJ may work for a lot of teams but he doesn't work for the Cleveland Browns and Baker Mayfield.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 10/25/20 09:22 PM.

-Charles Bukowski
V
Legend
Legend
V
You are making things up. I get why. And I get that many will agree w/you.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
haven't been on here in a long while, so just clicking.....

But i think a bunch of you dawgs are going to get your wish and see Baker play without OBJ for an extended time.

I've watched that replay of OBJ a bunch, trying to figure out what the heck happened to him. His knee buckled weird, before he even got caught up in the tackle. It was before contact. I'd be shocked if this isn't an ACL, and he's out for the year.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I never questioned anyone's fandom.
I am not trashing OBJ.
Just observing that OBJ and Baker have a forced chemistry.

OBJ is way nmore talented than Higgins but Baker is way more comfortable with Higgins on the field that OBJ

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
We'll see how "made up" it is in the upcoming weeks when Baker plays well with no OBJ on the field. I predict that's what will happen because he'll spread the ball around. If not having OBJ is what makes Baker comfortable then you do that. Don't try to fit a square peg into a round hole just for the sake of massaging an ego like many our past coaches or GM's have done.

-Charles Bukowski
E
Legend
Legend
E
What if Baker plays well because he's Baker and our other receivers are good? It proves nothing.

Nobody every said we are winners soley because of OBJ.
So why would we suck because he is out? We wouldnt.

No Craps Given
T
Legend
Legend
T
The weird part is I can't explain or articulate why really, its just a feeling I have.

So is indigestion

So is the urge fish have that make them bite into a lure that gets them Caught! ...

Have a slice of pizza, Drink a cup of coffee,

People make bad choices on "feelings" all the time, look at the jerry springer show, look at impulse advertising, look at half of people vote for the stupid side in politics,
A Gut Feeling...
May be a reason to go to vegas and get Married in front of Elvis,

But it is NOT a reason to wish for the trading of one of the BEST WR in the history of your franchise!

Half a day after a BENGAL GAME! Where some things went good.

Everyone, after a deep breath, is smarter than this, Continuity, Don't be the typical Browns' overreaction-ing into a mistake,
Team is 5-2, have a nanner sleep on it. thumbsup

Oh my freaking gosh.
And Dude, (Get well soon) is dealing with whatever kind of injury.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
The weird part is I can't explain or articulate why really, its just a feeling I have.

So is indigestion

Hahaha! Bravo, sir!

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Baker's problems weren't because OBJ was on the field. You don't trade one of the best receivers in the league because the qb suddenly pulled his head out of his arse after the injury.

Correlation vs Causation...

While Baker pulling his head out of his butt happened after the OBJ injury (long after), one did not cause the other. It's a coincidence.

I will say one thing, though. Stefanski has mentioned that they do look to get OBJ involved early in games. Some would call that forcing the ball to OBJ, and I'm not sure I totally disagree. Now, that could be causing issues (giving an extra look at OBJ on certain plays, leading to difficulty moving off that first read and hitting an open guy) but that issue is Baker's to address, not OBJ's or KS's.

I think the argument that OBJ intimidates Baker is silly. There has literally been no evidence of that at all, and with what we know of Baker's personality makes it even less likely.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
I guess we’ll see if OBJ was the problem now. . .

Legend
Legend
WOW our third WR to go down already banghead

This leaves us with only

Landry
Higgens
Jones
Taylor

on the roster and only Switzer and Bradley on the practice squad. I look for Switzer to be added to the roster as depth at WR and to return punts and kicks so Jones can focus on just playing WR.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: GMdawg

This leaves us with only

Landry
Higgens
Jones
Taylor

on the roster and only Switzer and Bradley on the practice squad. I look for Switzer to be added to the roster as depth at WR and to return punts and kicks so Jones can focus on just playing WR.

+1

Legend
Legend
In my NFL fantasy, I hope DPJ seizes the moment, Eminem style, and shows he was the steal of the draft.

Look
If you had
One shot
Or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
In one moment
Would you capture it
Or just let it slip?

I can hear the music now as we watch his forthcoming 2020 highlight reel...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hate to see OBJ go down ... BUT, we have a very good situation at WR with Landry, and Higgins and DPJ looked like he can step in and be a legit deep threat also we have Taylor and Switzer which should take over the return duties and as said earlier give DPJ a chance to concentrate on being a WR ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
O
Legend
Legend
O
I honestly didn't expect we'd be testing our depth at WR and RB so early in the season.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I honestly didn't expect we'd be testing our depth at WR and RB so early in the season.

One more game and we will be full strength at RB which will make this team even harder to stop with Chubb ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

This leaves us with only

Landry
Higgens
Jones
Taylor

Hodge is expected to return this week.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

This leaves us with only

Landry
Higgens
Jones
Taylor

Didn't know that, more good news I like this kid a lot ...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

One more game and we will be full strength at RB which will make this team even harder to stop with Chubb ...

Not likely, at all.
One more game before he can be removed from IR. Then he has to be activated, then he has to get back into shape and prove to the coaches and himself that he's ready to go.

That said, in the context that our Bye is coming up and he could be back after the Bye, then yes.... perhaps just one more game and we'll be back to healthy at the position.

Last edited by PrplPplEater; 10/26/20 01:00 PM. Reason: updated for Bye

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Not likely, at all.
One more game before he can be removed from IR. Then he has to be activated, then he has to get back into shape and prove to the coaches and himself that he's ready to go.

Raiders then the Bye then the Texans which will be 6 Weeks they said 4-6 weeks he will play against Houston ... JMHO

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
J/C

I keep wanting to call Hodge "Reggie Hodge", and I couldn't think of why. Then I remember the punter Reggie Hodges we had back in 2010 that ran that long fake punt against the Saints. Crazy what sticks in your brain.

Cool story, yeah I know.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Any reason to recall that fake punt is good in my book.

Punter didn't make it all the way to the endzone because he got tired. He was smiling/laughing at one point during the run.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
J/C

I keep wanting to call Hodge "Reggie Hodge", and I couldn't think of why. Then I remember the punter Reggie Hodges we had back in 2010 that ran that long fake punt against the Saints. Crazy what sticks in your brain.

Cool story, yeah I know.

I was at that game. It was a thing of beauty smile

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

This leaves us with only

Landry
Higgens
Jones
Taylor

I heard that last night. Returning one week earlier than thought cool

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Odell

Link Copied to Clipboard