Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
E
Legend
Legend
E
Just wondering, are all these states with increasing covid, states which never had a second wave?

Because it looks like Europe never had a second wave.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/29/europe/europe-coronavirus-local-national-lockdown-intl/index.html

Georgia had a second wave months ago.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Isn't Europe's second wave going on now? I believe it is, at least in certain areas (ex. UK).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Europe is definitely having a second wave. Belgium is getting hammered again (and was also the worst hit country of the first wave).

~Lyuokdea
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes they are. It's been all over the news for anyone who has been watching. France too just imposed stronger restrictions.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Just wondering, are all these states with increasing covid, states which never had a second wave?

Because it looks like Europe never had a second wave.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/29/europe/europe-coronavirus-local-national-lockdown-intl/index.html

Georgia had a second wave months ago.

England is shutting down for a month. Boris Johnson said yesterday that this is spreading even faster than the worst case scenario

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Had a couple different things happen this week that I don't understand-at both ends of the age scale to people in our area with covid.

The first is a friend of my wifes family-The father and mother both got covid about a week ago. They are about 80 yrs old. The father went in the hospital after the second or third day-he has heart issues and couldn't breathe. The wife was sent back home. The father was in the hospital for about 4 days and sent back home. The wife was at home and got really sick, couldn't breathe, fever and dehydration. She got in the car and went back to the ER and they checked her out and told her she isn't bad enough-go home. She called her daughter and son in law (my wifes friends) and they went to the hospital to get the mom. She was so out of it she left the hospital and turned the wrong way (she lives 5 minutes away) so the kids got her to stop and turn around. She went back down past the hospital and went out to the main road and made another wrong turn-so the son in law got her to stop again-put on his mask and drove her home. Now the son in law and daughter have to get tested and are self quarantining for 2 weeks. They thought mom was going to kill her or somebody else. And they are really pissed at the hospital but the hospital said come back if you get worse.

Another woman is a nurse who has a daughter who is 19 with asthma who tested positive. She said she couldn't breathe so she went to her doctor-doctor said he couldn't treat her- she had to go to a med express medical clinic. They said they couldn't do nothing, went to ER. The hospital said they know she is sick and can't breathe, she is not bad enough yet to be in the hospital. They sent her home with a prednisone prescription and told her to call if it gets worse.

I know when I went to my doctor a couple months ago for yearly checkup and labs, I asked my doctor what were his practice plans for the fall and winter flu season. He is part of a larger practice of doctors and they said they got a memo in mid summer that their practice wanted no covid patients coming to doctors offices. They are going to set up a covid clinic (which I still have not heard they have done) or if you are bad, you have to go to the emergency room.

A
Legend
Legend
A
As I've stated before, my 'elderly' parents had it. They've been told they are not contagious anymore, but I and my sis have been taking food to them.

They are exhausted, all the time. Both were in the e.r. Tuesday. Both got sent home later in the day.

I've done their leaves twice this week. (they live in a wooded area - leaves are terrible.)

Did the leaves yesterday,and dad waved at me while I was outside. From his chair. 3 1/2 hours later, when I was done, I went in to tell them I was done. Both were sleeping, again/still. They had food.

Texted dad during the game today. He said they were fine, just tired. That was 2 pm.

Called my sis about an hour ago to see if dad was being honest about the food. She said yea, but dad took mom to the e.r. again, around 5. ER took her in, but made dad go outside. He went to the car since he couldn't even be in the waiting room.

Blah blah blah........mom's in the e.r. currently. The coughing she was having may be pneumonia, but I've not heard anything for sure. Dad is at home, a wreck.

They've been assured they are not contagious, and just friday they had gone to get gas, and eat - got food at a drive thru - and that was a big plus as far as I was concerned. They had the energy to walk to their car, and drive. Big improvement over earlier in the week.

And now this......

T
Legend
Legend
T
Gas Pump Handles. thumbsdown

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Arch,
Don't blah blah blah.
I have been through this with my dad in the nursing home telling us he has a 50/50 shot and we can't go and see him until he is near the end.

It killed our family not being able to be there for a parent and waiting that if you got "the call" that he was going to pass.

It really sucks-you don't know what its like until you have to go through it-not being there

But he made it though and was put in hospice a short time ago. Now they tell us we can't go visit him because there is another outbreak at his nursing home.

A
Legend
Legend
A
I'm not sure what you mean by "don't blah blah blah". I said that, yes, but it was not to make light of the situation. Instead it was an attempt for me to not go into anymore detail.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
I'm not sure what you mean by "don't blah blah blah". I said that, yes, but it was not to make light of the situation. Instead it was an attempt for me to not go into anymore detail.

Take the time.
Use the extra words.
Tell the complete story.

Haven't you figured it out, yet?
THIS is exactly the time and place to truly make a connection with your community.

How else are we to know what you truly mean, if we don't have context?

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm sorry to hear your parents are going through this arch. Sadly, when anyone in our family has to deal with something like this, it not only impacts them, but their entire family, friends and the community in general.

I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sorry to hear what you are going through. As this thing spreads throughout our nation, more and more families, friends and communities are going through similar situations. It's a matter people overall need to take much more seriously than some do. The prayer list just keeps getting longer but there's always room for more. You and your family are added to that list.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

Take the time.
Use the extra words.
Tell the complete story.

Haven't you figured it out, yet?
THIS is exactly the time and place to truly make a connection with your community.

How else are we to know what you truly mean, if we don't have context?

Arch, Clem said what I was thinking-use the extra words.
Thanks Clem

A
Legend
Legend
A
The blah blah blah bit:

Knowing their age, mom's 79 tomorrow, dad will be in a few months. Mom's diabetic, They are both overweight. Dad's got bladder issues - not leakage, but a cyst like growth that keeps coming back.

Dad taking mom to the e.r. ?? It just doesn't happen, although it's twice now in less than a week.

Seeing them, literally exhausted all the time, knowing how dad felt when he was sitting in the car at the hospital because he couldn't go in. Then driving home to be by himself, truthfully not knowing if he'd ever see his wife again - things like that go through all of our heads.

He's doing better than mom now, but that isn't saying much. Her x-rays show her lungs are ok, but she coughs, all the time.

Knowing the situation, knowing these after effects could take 1 of them - and what that would do to the other one - and knowing it could take both of them.....

Thankfully I'm not an only child, and with 2 brothers living out of state, it's up to me and my sister right now - to get them fed, take care of things, etc. It's stressful.

Then, I get to fill in my brothers. They want to assist, but distance prevents that. Bro in Indiana said he and his wife would try to bring a meal. I said WHY? You have a 2 hour drive just to get here.

Brother in Colorado, retired, keeps saying "Hey, I can come if I'm needed." Well, come, we have a spare room. But what would you do? He's just getting over covid himself. I guess he could cook, he's good at that - but my parents aren't good at eating.

Dad, obviously not as spry as he was 5 years ago, or last year even, loved having the 2 of us out side working together. Now, he sits inside, sleeping, while I, and a time or 2 my nephews, do stuff outside.

The blah blah blah was just "this is stressful. And it's not getting much better. When you're told, during the Browns game on Sunday that "oh, we're doing better", and 2 hours later you hear "mom's back in the e.r.", you start to question the truthfulness of what you're being told, know what I mean?

I stopped in today. Opened the garage, went in the house. First thing I did was look in the fridge. Sure enough, there's food that my sis and I had taken over. A lot of it. Dad did walk into the kitchen without needing to sit down - so that's good. An improvement from just a few days ago.

Dad's temperament has changed. Lethargic, testy - from the stress. He's 'short', if you will. Still covering for himself, and mom. I guess that is normal for older couples though?

I hope that helps.

Legend
Legend
My Dad has been around three people with Covid. He is still not happy that he didn't catch it. He really wants to go onto his next life and see/hear my MOM frown

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
A
Legend
Legend
A
8 1/2 hours after I gave 'context'. Nothing.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I pretty much understood the "blah, blah, blah" comment the first time you said it. I am sorry you are having to deal w/this. It is very easy for me to visualize your words because I know people just like your dad and understand what you and your siblings are going through.

It is a tough situation and there are no easy answers. No right vs wrong. As an outsider, all I can do is to say I sympathize w/your situation and offer my support and prayers.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Arch, if you have any doubt about their condition, or ability to overcome anything, then I would encourage your brothers to come visit.

I lost my sister this past April on Easter weekend to cancer. Due to COVID, and her staying with my mom and uncle (My uncle is undergoing cancer treatment and is on oxygen), I restricted my visits to see them. I was still working and around other people daily, I did not want to bring anything to my mom's house.

Sadly, I didn't get to see my sister much in her last few weeks, and it's something that still bothers me today. We just had her celebration of life 2 weeks ago finally.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Here's a pic from our local HS taken yesterday.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

NFL COVID update: Broncos GM John Elway, team president Joe Ellis positive for coronavirus

https://www.newsnationnow.com/sports/bro...ce=facebook.com

#gmstrong
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
J/C

My test came back positive yesterday.

My I got it from my father and mother, who I am worried about. They are doing ok, sick as dogs - but Dad heart issues so we are keeping an eye on him, and Mom beat colon cancer just two years ago and is diabetic, so worried as well.

I started out with a small cough on Tuesday night (I was with them Saturday and Sunday), that went into one of the worst headaches I ever had. Sore muscles accompanied the headach, with a light cough, dizziness.

All those lasted all day Wednesday, in which I never got up other than to go to the restroom. Couldnt eat, couldnt open my eyes my head hurt so bad. Thursday the headache continued throughout the morning, and into the night. The dizziness picked up as well.

Friday morning the headache started to subside, but the dizziness picked up. Neck is really sore (not sure from covid, or just because i have been laying so much). Friday night i lost all smell and most of my taste and have not got it back. Headache is almost gone, but the dizziness is extremely bad. I feel like I am going to pass out everytime I stand up.

Its not fun.

Legend
Legend
Praying for you, and your parents. Hope you get over this quickly.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Sorry to hear that, will.

I had it, too. Lasted about 3.5 weeks. Symptoms were similar to yours but I did not lose sense of smell. The diarrhea and constant nausea was the worst part.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Thank you.

I havent really had the runny stuff yet smile

The loss of smell and taste is weird. I cant tell if i can taste something a little bit, or its just my brain telling me what its supposed to taste like, if that makes sense.

The loss of smell and taste has had its benefits, as my wife has been doing the cooking since ive been sick smile

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Sorry to hear that, will.

I had it, too. Lasted about 3.5 weeks. Symptoms were similar to yours but I did not lose sense of smell. The diarrhea and constant nausea was the worst part.
Thank you.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Get well. Load up on Zinc and Vitamin C. If you’re able to get out into the sun, do so. Sun on skin. Vitamin D3 from the sun contacting our skin is powerful stuff.
Stay hydrated.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I've been taking 10,000 IU Vitamin D3 and a couple of Cold-Eze every day since this started. So far (knock on wood) so good.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Your symptoms sound exactly like several people I know that had it. Mid 50's, other wise good health.

Be prepared, with your parents. My parents are in their late 70s. Both had it, both have other health issues. Several e.r. visits, but never admitted. Worst for them was the absolute lack of any energy. Walking 20-30 feet left them breathless. No appetite, etc. They are past the virus, have been for a couple of weeks (dad - 10 days or so for mom), and aside from their fears, just dealing with the after affects, and the duration of those, has been tough.

Mom texted this morning "For the first time in 3 1/2 weeks, I feel like a person again." It'll take time for your parents, and maybe even you, but you and they will get there.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, the biggest worry is for the elderly. It's gotta be tough for folks who have Covid and have parents who have it at the same time. Almost impossible to care for them.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
J/C

My test came back positive yesterday.

My I got it from my father and mother, who I am worried about. They are doing ok, sick as dogs - but Dad heart issues so we are keeping an eye on him, and Mom beat colon cancer just two years ago and is diabetic, so worried as well.

I started out with a small cough on Tuesday night (I was with them Saturday and Sunday), that went into one of the worst headaches I ever had. Sore muscles accompanied the headach, with a light cough, dizziness.

All those lasted all day Wednesday, in which I never got up other than to go to the restroom. Couldnt eat, couldnt open my eyes my head hurt so bad. Thursday the headache continued throughout the morning, and into the night. The dizziness picked up as well.

Friday morning the headache started to subside, but the dizziness picked up. Neck is really sore (not sure from covid, or just because i have been laying so much). Friday night i lost all smell and most of my taste and have not got it back. Headache is almost gone, but the dizziness is extremely bad. I feel like I am going to pass out everytime I stand up.

Its not fun.

Praying that you and your parents get well soon.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Take care of yourself Willit and try to keep us updated. Hoping you and your family come through this with minimum difficulty.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Pfizer Announces Vaccine is 90% Effective - No Major Side Effects!!!!

https://investors.pfizer.com/investor-ne...dy/default.aspx

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
Prayers for you. Hope all get better ASAP. Be as well as possible. Special prayers for parents. My Mom is locked down in nursing home. Hope to visit her.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
O
Legend
Legend
O
DeWine: Mask mandate will be enforced, other restrictions coming; bars, restaurants, fitness centers may be closed

COLUMBUS — Speaking in a somber tone in a statewide broadcast from his Statehouse office, Gov. Mike DeWine Wednesday told Ohioans he will step up enforcement of his mandatory mask order and some new restrictions will be ordered.

It comes in response to record high numbers of new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations. The Ohio Department of Health figures show there were 5,784 new coronavirus cases reported in the last 24 hours period and 253 new people hospitalized in that same period.

DeWine ordered that businesses must post a Face Covering Requirement sign at all entrances. Most businesses have them already but many have told employees not to challenge customers who are not wearing a mask, out of fear of angering them.

Also each store will be responsible for employees and customers wearing a mask. The governor said a new Retail Compliance Unit from the Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation will inspect stores for compliance.

In April the state issued an order limiting public gatherings to ten people and DeWine reminded people that the order remains in effect.

“Despite this order we have seen rampant spread of the order as a result of banquets, wedding receptions, and social gatherings following funerals. We have seen great tragedy associated with these events,” DeWine said.

A new order coming in the next few days will address those gatherings, requiring people to be seated and wearing a mask unless they are actively consuming food. Congregate areas cannot be open. Dancing and games will be prohibited

Other categories of businesses are also being targeted by DeWine.

“If the current trend continues and cases keep increasing, we will be forced to close bars, restaurants and fitness centers. We will look at this one week from tomorrow. I’m very well aware of the burden this will place on employees. I’m very well aware of the burden this will place on the owners, but these are places candidly where it is impossible to maintain mask wearing which we know is the chief way of slowing this virus,” DeWine said.

As some school districts have begun to shift the virtual learning, DeWine said people must do everything in their power to slow the virus down so kids can stay in school.

“It is up to each and every one of us. What you do in the community …what we all do in the community impacts whether our kids can stay in schools. Because no matter how good our schools are they cannot overcome widespread COVID in the community that will get into the schools,” DeWine said.

The governor also thanked universities for moving students off-campuses after the Thanksgiving break and through the end of the year. If the virus continues to spread, DeWine said, universities may have to remain virtual when they return in January.

DeWine quoted former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill, who led his battered nation through World War II, when he said “When you’re going through hell, keep going.”

he governor asked Ohioans to keep going.

“Recommit your individual efforts to stay safe. Because what you do in your private lives effects everyone. Please, please don’t host that birthday party, that baby shower or kids' sleepover or that get-together to watch he football game,” DeWine said.

Like several other governors around the state, DeWine urged people to stay home when they can, to work from home when they can and to remember to avoid letting someone into their homes, including extended family members to come into their home for Thanksgiving.

He urged people if they are attending a gathering, to make sure everyone is wearing a mask.

https://www.whio.com/news/local/dewine-m...DO5MROT4WUUMIY/

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/study-pi...-173213085.html

Summarizing the article:

On average, the researchers determined that the following locations “produced the largest predicted increases in infections when reopened”:

Full-service restaurants

Gyms

Hotels

Cafés

Religious organizations

Limited-service restaurants

In fact, the study linked more than 80 percent of infections to these locations.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Sweden dealing with massive Covid-19 surge.

Hi Prp. Want to walk back those herd immunity claims, yet?

Jester #1815036 11/13/20 07:35 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Jester

Summarizing the article:

On average, the researchers determined that the following locations “produced the largest predicted increases in infections when reopened”:

Full-service restaurants

Gyms

Hotels

Cafés

Religious organizations

In fact, the study linked more than 80 percent of infections to these locations.

Not true with our church, NOT ONE person has contracted COVID 19, yes we have taken precautions but still no cases ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Originally Posted By: Jester

Summarizing the article:

Full-service restaurants

Gyms

Hotels

Cafés

Religious organizations

Not true with our church, NOT ONE person has contracted COVID 19, yes we have taken precautions but still no cases ...

It’s raining in Portland. Proof there’s no drought in Africa.

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Covid-19: Again

Link Copied to Clipboard