Hall of Famer
P

[Linked Image]
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Didn’t you see it coming?

What do you think the purpose of this subforum is?

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Didn’t you see it coming?

yes.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
It’s so hilarious watching the conservative ideology who called everyone snowflakes and made fun of safe spaces run to that app Parlor because it’s a conservative safe space allowing them to act like snowflakes the moment trump lost.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

[over PA system]: "Cleanup- on aisle 45..."

same as it ever was,
same as it ever was,
same as it ever was...

Clinton cleaned up after Reagan (balanced budget, after decades of deficit).
Obama cleaned up after B43 (Detroit still lives/housing industry rises from life support/banks remain solvent/Bin Laden:deep-sixed).

And now, Joe gets the same job on his watch.
Mops, boots, rubber gloves... dirty, smelly clean-up work.
Just like "The Good Ol' Days," back in '08.

Only this time, Americans get to wear masks while the entire Nation gets sprayed down, irradiated, and intimately wiped down/up with Clorox Clean-Ups®.

"Great again," my ass.

Every time, they ramp up the level of nasty, stupid, and anti-common sense.
Every time, Donks come in to clean up the mess.

One step forward/two steps back.
It's like being a janitor in a retirement home, during a C.diff outbreak.

This is why America hasn't had nice things for almost 40 years.

Thanks, GOP.
And thanks, also- for Trump.

thumbsup

I wish this emoji featured a different digit.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Wishing we could have a return to 2011-2015 type discussion and debate over political topics with the fascist-in-Chief on his way out.

So conservative leanings dawgs, what say you?

Legend
Legend

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

I wish this emoji featured a different digit.

rofl Thank you for a laugh on a sad morning so far for me. Much appreciated.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
You know the writing is on the wall when this happens:

After Pouring Gasoline On U.S. Divide, Charles Koch Now Claims He Wants To Heal Nation

“Boy did we screw up,” says the billionaire who backed Donald Trump. “What a mess.”

After spending decades bankrolling causes and politicians that fueled America’s increasingly ugly and hostile national divide, billionaire mogul Charles Koch told The Wall Street Journal in an interview Friday that he now wants to focus on bridging the gap he helped create.

“Boy, did we screw up. What a mess,” is how the Donald Trump supporter characterizes his partisan battles in his soon-to-be-published book, “Believe in People: Bottom-Up Solutions for a Top-Down World,” the Journal noted.

*** The rest of the article and several tweets at the link below.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/charles-k...5b6d05e86e6e743

The reason I posted this has little to do with Koch, but more to to with his acknowledgement of us needing bottom up solutions. I about fell out of my seat seeing this hardcore alt-right pandering/funding republican state that we need a progressive agenda! Maybe there is hope.

Not going to buy his book to see his proposals, but will gladly welcome his money to promote a progressive people first agenda.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/15/20 09:03 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
In Iraq they called it "disappeared"

Right thinking individuals were "disappeared"

hmm,
who knows.

I guess it's about 50/50, flip of a coin.

Future is blight. live with it.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Wishing we could have a return to 2011-2015 type discussion and debate over political topics with the fascist-in-Chief on his way out.

^^They've just arrived.

and, for silence it must be because

Maybe would, in love give you some one on one personal enlightenment, no malice intended, but the internet is no longer safe, neither the streets, or other options.

Aw Fletch (the movie)
I'm not in a hurry to hasten impending doom.

So I don't forsee political discussion as safe, maybe in person, in an intimate setting, like across a pic nic table or something, but satelites are here to force opinions, truth be danged.

So, surely it's become evident? observe-- around.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
What?

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: TI84_Plus
What?

~Lyuokdea
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Triangle filibusters belong to the lonely tycoons. They no longer repute living pupils and flings. To be freed from singing by armchairs reminds which crux bleeds from chandeliers of stone. Don’t belong or demand fortune from rock towers.

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B

Right.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
His posts remind me of Yes lyrics.
...without the rhyming.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Or the entertainment. I don’t even read the first word anymore. Zzzzzzzzzz

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Lyuokdea
Originally Posted By: TI84_Plus
What?

Stop mocking Nostradawgus

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Nostradawgus

.... rofl. Very well played, Eve...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Just wait, though. In the next election cycle, he's going to back Ted Cruz, who I actually place on the same level as Trump. I'm calling it now. He's not as outwardly crazy as Trump, but he's more manipulative and strategically opportunistic.

SOS, different day.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

Sounds good to me.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
This version is better than the pre-election version.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Sounds good to me.

110% on board.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
After the last 4 years of the left's act, if you think that possible, think again.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
After the last 4 years of trump supporters act, if you think that’s possible, think again.

Fixed it for you....trump supporters went off the cliff, along time ago and they aren’t climbing out of the hell hole they fell into anytime soon. Enjoy your spot.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
So, let me ask you, Peen, how has the right been any better? Let me also ask, what is your proposed solution to our division? To not talk and keep living in echo chambers to feed our own narrow world views?

You've read your signature, haven't you?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
So, let me ask you, Peen, how has the right been any better? Let me also ask, what is your proposed solution to our division? To not talk and keep living in echo chambers to feed our own narrow world views?

DL05. Hit’s nail on head.

– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B

I have lived my sig for decades. My comment isn't necessarily my view. It is more a statement of reality.

I lean right, but am more towards the center on many issues. It's comments like Spirals that make me dismiss much of what the left has to say.

How to fix it? You probably don't short of a full blown civil war. Face it, we have been fighting one on a mini scale for some time now. People have taken sides. You aren't all of a sudden going to convince one side or the other that now everything is great. Did President Trump convince the left that everything is great? Did President Obama? Did President Bush?

A President Biden isn't going to have any better chance. It's foolish to think he will.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
After the last 4 years of trump supporters act, if you think that’s possible, think again.

Fixed it for you....trump supporters went off the cliff, along time ago and they aren’t climbing out of the hell hole they fell into anytime soon. Enjoy your spot.

Both of these messages are what the adults have to fight against in order to have a decent discussion.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Both of these messages are what the adults have to fight against in order to have a decent discussion.

Exactly. And it’s why I don’t bother to have a decent discussion with those I know who followed trump over the cliff. I know how it ends.

– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think he was talking about your comment and you "fixing" my comment.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I think he was talking about your comment and you "fixing" my comment.

I think you missed the point. If you want to start a productive political conversation, I’m all ears. Otherwise I’ll just continue to ruthlessly mock you trump supporters.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
Both... though that might not have been clear because I included his version of your post.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies

Q is that you?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I have lived my sig for decades. My comment isn't necessarily my view. It is more a statement of reality.

I lean right, but am more towards the center on many issues. It's comments like Spirals that make me dismiss much of what the left has to say.

How to fix it? You probably don't short of a full blown civil war. Face it, we have been fighting one on a mini scale for some time now. People have taken sides. You aren't all of a sudden going to convince one side or the other that now everything is great. Did President Trump convince the left that everything is great? Did President Obama? Did President Bush?

A President Biden isn't going to have any better chance. It's foolish to think he will.

I'm sorry if I came off as harsh in my response. You know I have a lot of respect for you.

I don't think much of Biden at all. I'm just talking about the constituents. We've been seeing nothing but relentless attack ads because politicians know the best way to stay in power is to remove rationality via employing fear and anger. Unfortunately, that worked, but now the machine they created is getting out of their own control and we have the social environment that we see over and over again. When it comes to rapproach, both sides are waiting for the other to step up first, or people are just saying that it's hopeless.

I'm still one who would like to avoid catastrophe. I can't control anyone, but me, so when I see someone like Rocket offer that olive branch, I'm going to take it. I still believe that most people in this country are good and that the well-intentioned people outnumber those who are not. We have to start humanizing the other side. That starts through conversation. If I start a conversation with someone and they attack me, or act like a buffoon, then I at least know I tried, and I know it's them who has the problem.

Other countries, like Russia especially, see the divide we have that you are highlighting, and they exacerbate that divide in hopes of bringing us down. What's worse is that our own domestic "news" anchors, like Sean Hannity, Rachel Maddow and Tucker Carlson do the same damn thing because it furthers their influence and their bank accounts. I still have pride in this country and our people and I refuse to become a part of that dynamic.

So much of the social and political movement involve fast conclusions and cancelling. We need to allow for openness and healing in our conversations and acknowledge that the vast majority of people want what's good, even though they may differ from us.

Oober nailed the nutshell of the poor dynamic, and Perfect's response is Exhibit A of our current rationale: "Well, they keep saying stupid or mean things, so I'm going to keep patronizing them." I'm not saying this to throw shade at Perfect specifically, but this dynamic is so juvenile.

So, let me ask, who will step up? We can't keep waiting on other people to do it.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Don't get me started on the media. What we have these days is nothing better than National Enquirer type reporting. It's mostly left leaning, but Fox isn't any better. That is what needs to change if you want to see real improvement.

After that, I don't have any real answers. It just has to play out IMO.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

The lengths you go to find your echo chamber is astounding.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yesterday I watched Letterman's Netflix series where he interviewed Barack Obama. It was actually a very good interview, and really didn't touch much on politics, but this was something Obama said, and I think it carries a lot of weight:

“We were reliant on a bunch of 22 and 23 year olds and volunteers who we were sending out … they were communicating entirely through social media, and we essentially built what ended up being the most effective political campaign probably in modern political history. I had a very optimistic feeling about it, and I think what we missed is people in power, special interests, foreign governments etc., can in fact manipulate that and propagandize it.”

But, Obama adds, the Russian government couldn’t have manipulated the election if Americans weren’t already so divided. “What the Russians exploited – but it was already here – is: We are operating in completely different information universes. If you watch Fox News, you are living on a different planet than you are if you listen to NPR.”

He then tells the former late night host that “if you are getting all of your information off algorithms on a phone, it’s just reinforcing whatever biases you have …. That’s what is happening with these Facebook pages where more and more people are getting their news from. At a certain point, you just live in a bubble, and that’s part of why our politics is so polarized right now. I think it’s a solvable problem, but it’s one that we need to spend some valuable time thinking about.”

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Post Election: The Purge

Link Copied to Clipboard