Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Do any of you have a VR system?

Managed to snag one online while monitoring stock of the Rift S.

I've been playing A TON of beatsaber. For the unfamiliar, here's a video

Space Pirate Trainer is a good time waster as well.

Lone Echo is probably my favorite so far. You're a robot who is on a space station trying to trouble shoot what's wrong deep in space.

S
Legend
Legend
S
my wife got me the ps vr for christmas, but i have not really had a chance to reallly get into it. We're trying to get out of our crappy apartment, and I am hoping to get a house that has an entertainment area where we can have room for VR. Got some cool games though. we did mess around with it a little.

I just don't like all the extra cords and hookups that is required. one day i am sure itll be wireless and without the extra crap and that will be pretty cool

Legend
Legend
Nephew was here over the weekend with his Oculus Quest. Played a boxing game for about 45 minutes and was sore for two days lol. Decided it would be a great way to work out since I spend the weekdays and half the weekends in an apartment.

Picked up my Quest 2 today.

What a blast!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Just bought the Oculus Quest for my youngest son on his birthday.

It's a blast!

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Oh man, do I have recs for both of you...

Walking Dead is very good.

If you like story games and scifi, take a look at Lone Echo.

If you find yourself wanting more, get a PC. You'll be able to get more VR games off of steam. I suggest getting a Rift S and a nVidia 1080 graphics card if you want to go that route.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm thinking of splashing for a PS5 .... been an Xbox guy since the beginning but nephew in UK and Brother in Law are 100% PS and I was over there recently and had a lot of fun playing with them and figure I'll switch just to hang out with them online more. Any idea how the PS5 will stack up for VR? Recommendations?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I'll play for maybe 5-10 minutes with my son and then need to move on to other things.

Definitely not a gamer.

Had lots of fun with Beat Saber. Population One was great, but I lack any patience or care to learn all the controls. tongue

Very cool experience, but my kids are the ones that truly enjoy it.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:
idea how the PS5 will stack up for VR?

There will be a new headset eventually announced for the PS5.

The current one sort of works with it, but a lot of the current games for PSVR on PS4 won't work for PS5.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Thanks for posting this. My wife and I have no clue what to get our 12 year old for Christmas. We saw a commercial for the Oculus yesterday and it looks awesome. Is this a system that you have to insert your phone into the headset? Or are the games downloaded into the headset?

Legend
Legend
You download games directly to headset.

64GB version is $299
256GB is $399

I opted for the 64GB, although some of the new games are as big as 13GB, many to most are under 1GB. Yes, they will trend higher, but I was convinced to buy the 64GB when I learned you can keep games in your library even if you have to delete from device. In other words, you may end up juggling storage space if device becomes full but would still own games that you purchased.

I just figured that as quick as the tech is evolving, by the time you are juggling storage space, the next $100 would be better spent on a more advanced device.

Legend
Legend
Alright. It's gonna be a rough day, I'll do my best to stay away.

Need to take a day off because my arm is so sore lmao. I spent the first day basically throwing 150 passes in "training mode". Very well set up with moving targets, a practice field to iron out your plays and timing (you can even design your own plays in this game), and a bunch of really cool gimmicks to make you want to improve your throwing. Makes much more sense than hitting the field and then being mad because you suck lol.

I remember looking at some vr football games when I got my oculus, but they all looked lame.

Saw Andrew Hawkins on stage, during the draft, talking about his new joint effort with the NFL; so I decided to take a second peek.

Reviews for this game sold me... most just screaming "JUST BUY IT - YOU WON'T BE SORRY!"

I'm not, it was $15 ( saywhat ) well spent.

Here's a vid that reviews the most recent updates...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I have PSVR but had to stop using it due to the stress on my wrists and elbows. O should try it again now that I am on better medicine.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I have a PS...4 I guess. All I play is golf, 2021. My son left one of the maddens over here, I have played it some. I haven't found a hockey. I liked that with a X box system I used to have. There was a boxing I liked as well.
I don't like the shoot 'em up games anymore.

You get to an age where you just can't make all of the commands fast enough to pull out the weapons you need.

That first game Rocket showed looked cool, but it would probably hypnotize me to my chair if I played that for very long.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I know this seems counterintuitive, Peen, but these VR games are actually much easier. For golf you are doing things like swinging your arms and, at the most, releasing a button to strike a ball. Boxing is nothing more than swinging your arms...

And that is my favorite thing. That game he mentioned (Beat Saber), boxing, etc... are actually a great workout and can be learned in five minutes flat. One of my favorites, Pistol Whipped is a shooting game where you are constantly ducking and crouching to avoid obstacles, you'll set your legs on fire in under 30 minutes!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Looks fun! People are going to be running into to their walls and furniture playing this one, lol.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming VR (PSVR/Oculus/Valve Index/HTC)

Link Copied to Clipboard