leadtheway #1823596 12/06/20 10:12 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Lead left that office pretty pizzed off. smile

Eating crow is not enjoyable.

Both combined have an iq of 1, not sure which one it comes from and I love that I live rent free in your heads, talking about me hours after a post I made and later gave credit to same player .. it’s good to be me

Well, at least you're admitting you love the fact that your continuous insulting of our coaches and players might affect fellow Cleveland fans trying to enjoy a game. Seriously, is there anyone you know that enjoys watching a game with you while you do that?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
GratefulDawg #1823600 12/06/20 10:42 PM
Legend
Legend
I love baldy breakdowns

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Swish #1823601 12/06/20 10:50 PM
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
I have no issues with the coaches in the second half. I think they called it the way almost any coach would with that big of a lead. The mistakes that we didn't make in the first half, we made in the second half and that is why things looked so bad. WE had two bad third down drops. Two bad punts, we had at least one 3rd down stop and one interception overturned because of penalties, and of course, the fumble.

The team has come a long way this season and the big difference is that we have great coaches and we are making fewer mistakes.

Baker has become the game manager that we need him to be (others say it as an insult, in my book, all great QBs are game managers). How about that heads up time out he called? His mental game has been on point lately.

s003apr #1823603 12/06/20 11:15 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Calling for Sendejo to be cut after each game I think has turned in to a good luck charm.

fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed DON'T fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed

fingerscrossedfingerscrossed fingerscrossed CHANGEfingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossed

fingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossedA fingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossed

:fingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossed THING fingerscrossedfingerscrossedfingerscrossed

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Swish #1823608 12/06/20 11:34 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
My brain might need a little more time to process what happened today (I did watch the game, already... insert my usual plug for Gamepass here).

That fumble at the end was really a bummer, because otherwise Baker basically played as perfect a game (if limited) as you're gonna get. Not that I want to restart the "put the team on his back" pissing contest, but while our running game is what it is, he won't be asked to do as much as many other teams ask of his QBs. So that, said, today was an unbelievable game from him. Very very few mistakes, and the vast majority of his throws were on time and on target.
Yes, our receivers were getting absolutely absurd separation from their DBs (the Landry and DPJ TDs... good lord they smoked their defenders), but even still... look at those throws. He hit DPJ with a perfect pass, dude didn't have to break stride at all. The Landry TD saw Baker scanning the field and make the right (obvious) read. If he was completely unable to read coverages, that TD doesn't happen.

Our defense is what it is. No lead will ever be safe. But these guys can make plays, and shutting down Henry is a HUGE feather in their cap. They came out flying today. While Sendejo had his characteristic misses (I think it was the first TD to that one TE that picked up the fumble on the other TD), he also made some plays and was hitting hard.

I think the officiating, much like the field, was consistently bad for both teams.

Our special teams was flying around out there. Tackling was pretty much spot on.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
oobernoober #1823613 12/06/20 11:44 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Homewood Dog #1823614 12/06/20 11:44 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Last year in our opener against the Titans we had like 18 or 19 penalties. That's more than 30 in 2 games. Doesn't seem right.

4 penalties for 25 in the first half.. 9 for 67 in the second half... seems right.

yebat' Putin
oobernoober #1823615 12/06/20 11:51 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Mayfield's play-action fakes are absolutely devastating.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
oobernoober #1823616 12/06/20 11:56 PM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

I meant to mention this in my post game thoughts.

I think he's the best in the NFL currently.

He is very, very, very good at selling fakes.

Swish #1823620 12/07/20 12:13 AM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
whenever he fakes you can see he peels like 1 or 2 defenders

oobernoober #1823637 12/07/20 06:13 AM
Legend
Legend
this and his hard counts have drastically improved

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Rishuz #1823643 12/07/20 07:23 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

...and greatly aided that our running game is devastating. thumbsup

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Swish #1823644 12/07/20 07:43 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
So this guy just continues to nail his Browns analyses. Look at this breakdown from Friday before the game and tell me he didn't pretty much tell us what was going to happen this weekend.

And I watched his post game for the first time. Enjoyable.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/07/20 07:47 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
GratefulDawg #1823647 12/07/20 07:52 AM
Legend
Legend

Thanks so much for posting all the stuff you post. I love Baldy's breakdowns. He is one of my favorite analysts.

cfrs15 #1823651 12/07/20 08:32 AM
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
If Stefanski cannot manage the game at the end then we are going nowhere in the playoffs. He really needs to rethink some decisions.

I hate to say it but if Baker doesn’t fumble this conversation doesn’t happen.

Why is your franchise QB doing a sneak when even turning it over on downs is survivable? Too much risk having 11 guys piling on your QB because we all knew they were figuring it was going to be Hunt coming through.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Swish #1823655 12/07/20 09:00 AM
Legend
Legend
Browns Are 9-3 BTW
What I like about the Browns this morning:

Baker Mayfield was legit in a big game. I’ve been negative on Mayfield, particularly his inaccuracy downfield. He was marvelous on those deep balls Sunday in building a huge lead. His TD throws to Donovan Peoples-Jones (45 yards in the air) and Rashard Higgins (33) were both perfect. Forget the numbers, which were very good. This was about Mayfield hitting open receivers in stride, which is vital for the Browns down the stretch. Cleveland now is the fifth seed in the AFC at 9-3. Seeing that they might have to beat explosive teams like Buffalo, Pittsburgh and Kansas City—perhaps in that order—should they make the playoffs having a big-strike offense is almost essential to January success.

The mindset of a team not feeling too good about itself. Coach Kevin Stefanski has been maniacal about the “just go 1-0 this week” ethos, and the players are buying. Really, what else matters? “No one’s playing for stats,” defensive end Myles Garrett told me post-game. “We’re just looking to be 1-0 and to win the day. That’s not just Sundays, that’s every day in practice competing, making sure that we’re there with that one mission in mind. We just go out there and play. Not much thinking, just being out there playing.”

I don’t like the defense barely finishing the job, but credit to the D for holding Derrick Henry to 60 rushing yards. Cleveland got outscored 28-3 in the second half, but not letting Henry take over the game paid off. The assignment, Garrett said, was no arm-tackling but to “show up violently against him, and grab a body part. You gotta ride him and knock him to the ground. For the most part, we did a good job.”

Garrett (10 games, 10.5 sacks) made an effective return from two weeks gone with COVID-19. He had a sack and three tackles, though he didn’t feel a strong as he usually is. “Having COVID,” he said, “is a helpless feeling, and not only being helpless to help my team but being so weak, so tired. Just so sore, that I just don’t wanna move. My body’s just hurting for no reason. Just random body parts, headache, eyes hurt, and you’re just trying to fight for however long this thing’s gonna be up on you.” I asked how he was feeling. “Pretty dang tired,” Garrett said. “But get back home, recover a little bit, get on the Peloton, start getting my wind back.”

He’d better hurry. Baltimore comes to Cleveland on Sunday, and the Ravens will have some desperation, needing three or four wins down the stretch to make the playoffs. “We are Cleveland,” Garrett said, “and we’re gonna try to make them proud.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...mia-peter-king/

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Swish #1823657 12/07/20 09:07 AM
Legend
Legend
Offensive Players of the Week

Baker Mayfield, quarterback, Cleveland. Not the best final 20 minutes or so for Mayfield, but four touchdown passes, including two thrown wonderfully to lead receivers in coverage, keyed the Browns’ 41-35 win over Tennessee. Mayfield’s four TDs came over 13 minutes in the first half, on passes of 2, 1, 17 and 75 yards. As importantly, Mayfield’s penchant for throwing high balls wasn’t there in the Browns’ most significant victory of the year. The first pick in the 2017 draft completed 25 of 33 throws for 334 yards with no interceptions. More games like that and the Browns will not only make the playoffs but also be a factor in them. First Cleveland quarterback to throw four first-half TDs since the great Otto Graham in 1951.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...mia-peter-king/

#gmSTRONG
GratefulDawg #1823658 12/07/20 09:13 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
NFL Week 13 PFF ReFocused: Cleveland Browns 41, Tennessee Titans 35

If the Cleveland Browns were paying attention to the talk of them being overrated or a fraudulent 8-3 team heading into this week, they evidently weren’t impressed with it. The Browns countered with an absolute beat down of the Tennessee Titans in Week 13 — at least for the first half.

Somehow, with the Browns unaccustomed to holding monstrous leads and turnovers flying in the second half, the Titans were able to claw the deficit back and see the clock tick zero with them just six points behind, but this game was functionally over before halftime.

STORY OF THE GAME
After struggling for much of the season between good defenses, weather and inconsistent play, Baker Mayfield set the Titans' secondary on fire, throwing four touchdowns and 290 yards in the first half alone on his way to one of the best games of his career — and probably the best game that didn’t come against the Cincinnati Bengals.

The Browns weren’t really able to restart once the second half began, and Mayfield finished the game with 334 yards and the same four passing scores. He generated a 90% adjusted completion rate for the game, and the team averaged almost an entire expected point per pass attempt.

The Titans kept chipping away, and they made it look close in the end but were blown off the field in their own building with plenty to play for in the first half. Nothing summed up how their afternoon was going more than the play they ran just before the half. Tennessee got the ball into the hands of A.J. Brown — who has shed plenty of tackles and made big plays this season — only to see him fumble it away as the team slumped to the locker room in a deep hole.

We expected this to be a game of two teams with powerful rushing attacks trying to crush each other in the ground game. But they combined for fewer than 200 rushing yards, with the Browns barely topping 100 despite an entire half of game flow in which they would have been looking to chew the clock.

ROOKIE WATCH
Jedrick Wills Jr., Cleveland's top 2020 NFL Draft pick, had another solid day, aided by the complete lack of success from Tennessee's pass-rushers. Wills allowed just one pressure across 36 pass-blocking snaps.

Browns wideout Donovan Peoples-Jones had a big day, reeling in two catches for 92 yards and a score after he got behind a coverage bust for one of Mayfield’s touchdowns. He also had a dropped pass, which will limit his overall grade.

Tight end Harrison Bryant played 38 snaps and blocked well, but he couldn’t catch either of the targets that were thrown his way. Undrafted receiver Ja’Marcus Bradley saw 11 snaps of action, as well.

On defense, both interior lineman Jordan Elliott and linebacker Jacob Phillips played well on limited snaps. Elliott was on the field for 21 defensive plays, whereas Phillips saw 16 snaps.

The Titans have relied little on rookies all season long, and this game was no exception. The only one to see significant snaps on either side of the ball was interior defensive lineman Teair Tart, who played 22 snaps on defense and was little more than a speed bump for the Browns' blockers up front.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-week-13-pff-refocused-cleveland-browns-41-tennessee-titans-35

Tackles are tackles.
bbrowns32 #1823660 12/07/20 09:21 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

...and greatly aided that our running game is devastating. thumbsup

No play makes this more evident than the Lamm TD.

Chubb in as FB, Hunt at RB, Lamm as extra (eligible) blocker.

Chubb fakes the dive, almost the entire D reacts like "oh @#$%".
Hunt is running in the flat, Baker looks at him, remainder of the D reacts like "oh #$%@".

Browns player all alone in the EZ receives what's basically an underhand toss from the QB.

-PrplPplEater
oobernoober #1823663 12/07/20 09:28 AM
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
oobernoober #1823664 12/07/20 09:29 AM
Legend
Legend
I want to circle back to the Kendall Lamm TD. Stefanski subbed him in and out several times before then so that when the play took place the Titans wouldn’t find it odd. Dude is playing chess.

https://twitter.com/dylansolesCLE/status/1335809728417554432

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
My takes from the game:

- Baker had a great game but the offensive line played a huge part in Baker having the time to make accurate throws.

- I'm glad that it seems like we're seeing more play-action from Baker. I had been screaming this for some time now. Pass to set up the run.

- I think the defensive line did a decent job at containing Henry early on but that became a moot point once the Titans were forced to throw the ball being so far behind. I felt like I heard Richardson's and Ogunjobi's names called a bit. Garrett doesn't get any calls.

- Our secondary is trash right now. I feel like Mitchell's play has diminished recently or it's simply that he is now being asked to cover better WRs and he is struggling. Until we get guys like Ward and Harrison back, I'm guessing the game plan against us will be to expose the secondary unit as much as possible.

- Again, Stefanski continues to prove he is the real deal.

- I love seeing Mayfield running with the play to help block and to celebrate a good run with his players. I think that goes a long way in the locker room that he is right there in the play with everyone else.

Tackles are tackles.
Swish #1823669 12/07/20 09:33 AM
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

Baker found his comfort zone.

The OL was terrific. With pass protection Baker took over. He was really good. Dropping dimes but also reading coverages. There were multiple times he moved his eyes and went to second and third receivers. Ball placement was excellent.

His best game as a Brown.

Coming at the right time.

We all wanted improvement and we got it. Both from Baker but also the team. They have lost key guys throughout the year. Players have stepped up. Bought into the mantra of
1-0.

The defense at the end gave up chunk plays. However, they again won the turnover battle. They held a great runner down. Got a fumble from a guy who does not fumble.
Held a good offense to 7 points in the first half.

The Baker fumble made the game look close. But the game was not close. We took them apart.

Swish #1823672 12/07/20 09:40 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like victory Monday.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

When does the mock draft thread go up? It's already December!

Tackles are tackles.
GratefulDawg #1823677 12/07/20 09:43 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M
""Tennessee sold out so hard for the run that even if Borders had stayed with Peoples-Jones in coverage, David Njoku (85) was also wide open on a crossing route with plenty of room to run.""

From your article - that play was a thing of beauty and if you watch - 85 is indeed wide open for at least a 20 yard catch and run.

Monday morning feels good after a game like that.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
I like victory Monday.

The Browns do NOT have a losing record this year!!! Damn that's a good feeling... let's hope this is the start to something beautiful year in and year out...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So proud of MG and this group. Some quality people are also outstanding players and growing as leaders! MG, The Chubb, BM, Cleve-Landry, and more. Winning is infectious.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
GratefulDawg #1823691 12/07/20 10:11 AM
Legend
Legend
Hats off to Kendall "Hot Hands" Lamm! Love to watch the sea-pigs score! Dude has mad skills.

Nobody will stop him I'm the red zone LOLetc.!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Swish #1823695 12/07/20 10:28 AM
Legend
Legend
Someone posted it above, but it’s pretty obvious that Stefanski thinks 2-3 moves ahead with a lot of decisions. Formations/substitutions/tendencies that add onto each other. Adding wrinkles and saving stuff for later. It’s just nice to see us have a plan

Dawgs4Life #1823704 12/07/20 10:52 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Someone posted it above, but it’s pretty obvious that Stefanski thinks 2-3 moves ahead with a lot of decisions. Formations/substitutions/tendencies that add onto each other. Adding wrinkles and saving stuff for later. It’s just nice to see us have a plan

Unlike guys like Hue who seemed to be a few moves behind on everything.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1823705 12/07/20 10:53 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Unlike guys like Hue who seemed to be a few moves behind on everything.
yeah, make them react to you, not the other way around

Rishuz #1823709 12/07/20 11:03 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
--Can't wait for Nick Wright to absolutely destroy his panel on behalf of Baker tomorrow. You want to see some good TV, tune in (or YouTube it). The panel will probably say he didn't play good in the second half.

Nick went hard at them. They really had nothing to say. And he's constantly bashing them for moving the goalposts on the Browns and Baker. It was great.

Swish #1823713 12/07/20 11:30 AM
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
Did the safety that we picked up from KC get any time? I didn't see his name on the stat line so I am assuming no.

Swish #1823714 12/07/20 11:44 AM
Legend
Legend
I don’t think he was active?

Dawgs4Life #1823721 12/07/20 11:57 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think I remember seeing he wouldn't clear COVID protocol to join the team until Saturday so it makes sense he didn't play.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Swish #1823724 12/07/20 12:00 PM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T

Swish #1823731 12/07/20 12:15 PM
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 41 Titans 35 Post Game

Link Copied to Clipboard