Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Holy crap, I'm so sorry, Jules frown

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
So sorry to hear the news Arch frown

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

To both Jules and arch, I'm so sorry to hear the news. Sadly the impact of this virus is becoming more wide spread by the day and is impacting the life of more and more people. Those who play this down and think their freedom includes risking the life of everyone around them need a wake up call.

I don't have the answer or know what it will take for them to wake up, but until they do it's people like your friends and everyone surrounding them that will pay the price.

My heart goes out to them, their family and friends. Hopefully you will all find peace and closure.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Arch and Jules, sorry for your loss.

Everybody please stay safe. Do the right thing.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Just found out my (step) brother in law got admitted to the hospital today for COVID related pneumonia. Ex marine with a bad heart and a little over weight. He and my step sis have been mask wearers and such through all this.
Frustratingly his sister in law, my other step sister, is asking for thoughts and prayers.... meanwhile her Facebook page is covered in anti mask nonsense. Such cognitive disconnect it’s shockingly sad.

For those that do pray, say a prayer for him... and wear your masks.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Prayers sent. The world is full or morons.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Prayers sent for everyone affected. I'm pretty sure we all new that the frequency and quantity of these stories would increase here on Dawgtalkers, but it doesn't minimize the disheartening shock felt when we read them. We are also seeing these increases in the hospital I work at with both staff and patients. I just hope the anti maskers will overcome their ignorance and see just how wrong they are.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
It's sad that there is such a thing as an "anti-masker".

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I'm not anti-mask, I'm not anti-vaxx.. I am though, as a rule, anti-government mandate.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Like speeding?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Or wearing a seat belt?

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
I'm not anti-mask, I'm not anti-vaxx.. I am though, as a rule, anti-government mandate.

Nobody likes a government mandate except for snowflakes. However, wearing a mask may be uncomfortable, but having a cotton swab shoved up your sinuses is probably more uncomfortable. Not to mention getting covid.

Sometimes you gotta pick your battles in a smart way.

No Craps Given
Swish #1821828 12/04/20 10:39 PM
Legend
Legend
both of those are regulating a privilege.
Being alive and walking around is not a privilege.... that's the difference.

And, I absolutely should be allowed to skip wearing a seat belt if I so choose.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
The act of driving itself is a privilege. Everything else is a law.

It’s why you get fined and/or jailed depending on which one you violate, obviously depending on if
You get caught or not.

A privilege is something that can be taken away with no other consequence attached to it.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Deep condolences, arch.
I pray that we can all get on the other side of this.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
j/c

Click here for a story that might lift some spirits.

As awful as this time of life is, we are still neighbors with people who are a ray of sunshine.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Swish #1821838 12/04/20 11:42 PM
Legend
Legend
Yes, they are laws, and those laws can be made to restrict driving BECAUSE driving is a privilege. If driving were a right, those laws would be infringing upon that right and would be deemed unconstitutional.

Browns is the Browns

E
Legend
Legend
E

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
You just said the same thing I said.

Good lord. Some of y’all are trying to be difficult just for the sake of it. Remind me of those sovereign citizens types. Please don’t be like that.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Anyways.

2nd day in a row we’ve reached over 225k cases and over 2500 deaths.

I remember when this country was making fun of the Ebola running through countries in Africa.

Boy do we not have any room to judge on anything......

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I would like to add one thing to that.

and while wearing a mask, wear it correctly. We shouldn't all see your nose hair and boogers when you have a mask on. banghead

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's a good thing that life isn't a privilege. That somehow risking the health, safety and the life of others can't be mandated. That people somehow think they have some God given right to risk the life of their fellow Americans. I mean you can't yell fire in a theater or yell bomb on an airplane, but risking the health, safety and life of your fellow Americans in some other way is perfectly fine. That's just BS.

I don't like mandates either. But when your rights negatively impact the life of others, it's no longer your right. Your rights can't include the possibility of killing other people through intentional tort or negligence.

#gmstrong
GMdawg #1821892 12/05/20 12:31 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Quote:

I would like to add one thing to that.

and while wearing a mask, wear it correctly. We shouldn't all see your nose hair and boogers when you have a mask on. banghead

Agreed... and keep your dirty paws off of it. Place it on while touching only the ear bands. Take it off the same. Ideally using hand sanitizer before and after. Put it on. Keep it on. Stop playing with it. Stop touching it. Your not a toddler. Have some self control.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Sorry, but my masks always ride up into my glasses and eyes, They fog my glasses, especially after I 1st enter a store. I am not going to walk around blindfolded by the damn thing, or with it in my eyes.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Here is a list for you buddy.

https://www.health.com/condition/infectious-diseases/coronavirus/best-face-masks-with-nose-wires

You need a few washable masks with both a moldable nose wire, and adjustable elastic ear loops. Mine don't slip at all and I have had very little trouble with fogging.

GMdawg #1821956 12/05/20 04:28 PM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I'd like to see the death toll so far caused by the government shutdowns and isolation combined with mental illness. I've yet to see those statistics and its not something that's talked about very often. We need more communication around it everyday.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
I'd like to see the death toll so far caused by the government shutdowns and isolation combined with mental illness. I've yet to see those statistics and its not something that's talked about very often. We need more communication around it everyday.

I don't know that it actually caused any mental illness BUT it certainly revealed a whole lot of people with pre existing mental issues.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L

It does show up in the excess mortality numbers -- as will the lives that are saved by the Covid-19 response (e.g., fatal car accidents are down this year).

I think there are about 350,000 excess deaths so far this year - compared to about 250,000 confirmed Covid-19 deaths. So it's a big difference.

Some of the other excess deaths are almost certainly undiagnosed Covid (especially in March/April when testing was bad).

A scarily high number of excess deaths are people who didn't seek medical care because of Covid (Bob felt a bit tight in the chest, but didn't want to go to the doctor because of the pandemic, then had a heart attack the next day).

Some of those are more directly caused by the pandemic (e.g., ER doctors who have been working overtime shifts for months miss the symptoms of an internal bleed and send a bicycle accident victim home).

Sadly, we won't even know about all of these for some time (the cancers that would have been detected in routine checkups in August - but those checkups were pushed back and the cancers will be detected too late).

And some are probably suicides, food insecurity, etc.

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 12/05/20 04:56 PM.

~Lyuokdea
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
The covid test I take at work every Monday is a self administered test. It is like a very thin qtip, you roll inside each nostril ten times about a half inch deep. Very tolerable

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: Lyuokdea

It does show up in the excess mortality numbers -- as will the lives that are saved by the Covid-19 response (e.g., fatal car accidents are down this year).

I think there are about 350,000 excess deaths so far this year - compared to about 250,000 confirmed Covid-19 deaths. So it's a big difference.

Some of the other excess deaths are almost certainly undiagnosed Covid (especially in March/April when testing was bad).

A scarily high number of excess deaths are people who didn't seek medical care because of Covid (Bob felt a bit tight in the chest, but didn't want to go to the doctor because of the pandemic, then had a heart attack the next day).

Some of those are more directly caused by the pandemic (e.g., ER doctors who have been working overtime shifts for months miss the symptoms of an internal bleed and send a bicycle accident victim home).

Sadly, we won't even know about all of these for some time (the cancers that would have been detected in routine checkups in August - but those checkups were pushed back and the cancers will be detected too late).

And some are probably suicides, food insecurity, etc.

I had my police scanner in my office during the snow last week for a couple days.

I was truly amazed at both the number of calls for people wanting an ambulance for covid conditions that they wanted to go to the hospital (they always said universal precautions), the number of people that already had covid and had to go to the hospital and the number of ambulance calls for overdoses.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
So very sorry for your loss Arch

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
A family friend died from Covid complications this morning. Not elderly and in good shape before he contracted the virus. Young children and a wife left behind. The hospital I’m working with right now is starting to get overwhelmed.

I’m becoming less and less tolerant of people downplaying this virus or dismissing it altogether. Reasonable people do not behave this way in the midst of something like this pandemic.

I am so very sorry to hear Jules.

And yes reasonable people don't act this way

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm very sorry to hear this also. I've taken this seriously since this started in March. I can't believe some people didn't take it seriously and refused to wear masks and social distance. My wife has health issues right now and the family is scared she will catch it. I myself am over 60 and have to be cautious. I really feel for the family's that have lost loved ones to this miserable virus.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Arch and Jules, I am sorry for your loss...

My MIL and FIL have both tested positive. They are both 84. So far they are ok.

Typing this is a bit surreal. They are good people.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
I'm sorry for your losses arch and Jules.

#gmstrong
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L

~Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
We should bomb China.

Browns is the Browns

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

FATE #1824413 12/09/20 03:59 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: FATE

My symptoms started the day after Thanksgiving. By that evening I felt like I got hit by a TRUCK. As I kept telling my wife - it was like my bones actually hurt. Ringing in my ears, massive headaches. Spent three days laying around and taking multiple naps. Never had anything other than a mild fever. I've lost ALL taste and smell. Spent two days having a hard time breathing - that was pretty scary. Did breathing exercises all day yesterday. It's day five and I can actually move around and have a little energy. "Viral load" must not have been very high. Wouldn't wish this on anyone and my case was pretty mild in comparison.

I posted a while back about my 'elderly' parents - 78 and 79, and all they went through, the length of time they were just exhausted, my sis and I having to take food to them, etc.

They are as recovered as they'll possibly ever be, which is good news.

Just this afternoon I went over to cut up a tree that had fallen from their yard into a field. Dad had asked last week if I could do it.

So, I did it. Imagine my surprise when dad walked out as I was sawing and started picking up the logs to put in the wheel barrow. Now, he wasn't overdoing it by any stretch, but it was so nice to see him actually doing work.

And when I left, he said "I may as well get my walk in now." They have a long lane, and when it's nice, and when they weren't/aren't sick from covid they like to walk at least a half mile a day. In the summer, longer distances.

And my brother, 57, over covid for about a month or so, still doesn't have his energy levels up to snuff. Said he still can't get to even 80% of his workout routine pre covid.

And, of course, my friend that just died Friday.

And now I'm hearing you can get it a second time???

Most recover, make no doubt about that, but geez......A friends' 13 year old son was positive. He's recovered, but the doctor told him if he's exposed again after 90 days, he may get it again.

Another friend, 2 years older than me, had it. His son, sophomore in h.s. had to quarantine, as well as my friends wife. Didn't get it. Went back to school - he plays basketball - and someone on the team had covid, so back to quarantine for him. Gets that done, back to school, and lo and behold, someone he sat by in class was positive, so he's now BACK in quarantine for a third time.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
arch...thoughts and prayers for your family and all the folks up in your area...sounds like it's been a tough time for everyone.

Stay safe, be smart and keep fighting..we will get through this COVID thing.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Covid-19: Again

Link Copied to Clipboard