Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Legend
Legend
I agree w/you guys ... the coaching is such a breath of fresh air. We aren’t perfect, but we have a sound plan and attack.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
Titans!
Bills !!
Raiders !!!
Saints !!!!
Parade!!!!!

Say it!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can't believe the Steelers lost.

I'll take it and it keeps them less interested in rolling out their first team for the last game of the season. Maybe, we will lock up the 5 seed and we can rest our players too.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I worry about the raiders still. This week the colts have to travel to Vegas to play them. If raiders win, the rest of thier schedule is a cake walk. They could end up 11-5. Which means we need to be 12-4. Raiders own the tie breaker on us.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
T
Legend
Legend
T
Joe Burrow, and the hapless brush fire of the Cincinnati Bengals not having a quarterback; is really hurting the Browns chances of making the playoffs. thumbsdown

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think for us to overtake the Steelers (barring a complete collapse by the steelers?) Then they need 2 losses prior to the finale against us (duh) but one needs to be against the bengals.

I think that is the only way for us to win the tie breakers.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jester
I think for us to overtake the Steelers (barring a complete collapse by the steelers?) Then they need 2 losses prior to the finale against us (duh) but one needs to be against the bengals.

I think that is the only way for us to win the tie breakers.

I wondered how the tie breakers would work with PIT. Granted, seeing us tied w PIT is really looking ahead. I can see them losing to BUF. Then if we run the table, we would have the same record.

I think point differential comes into play at some point. We have won 75% of our games, and our point differential is still negative.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Unless Pitt loses to Cincy, they’d the tie breaker over us due to division record. We’d need them to lose 3 more times

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
Found out, If the Browns plan to just win once more, only 1 more,( even if it is the Ravens, or even if it is the Jets, and no others, but if the Patriots win out 10-6, the patriots hold the tie breaker in "common games" either you win twice and get 11(10.5) or risk the patriots, among others, taking your spot.
Pats hold tie breaker over Browns,... AS IF.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I was very happy we won on Sunday and I couldn't believe my eyes especially in the 1st half. However, being a Browns fan for over 50 years I've learned not to get too excited. I want our Browns to do well and win a Super Bowl as much as anyone but let's take it one game at a time. The Titans game was only 1 game. Let's see if we can string 3 or 4 games like that together before we anoint them Super Bowl bound. I believe there is a bright future here with Andrew Berry and our coaches and players but let's see how it all plays out. JMHO

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 12/08/20 11:06 AM.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
onto Baltimore...

T
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
T
yes, buffalo, indy, and us!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I was very happy we won on Sunday and I couldn't believe my eyes especially in the 1st half. However, being a Browns fan for over 50 years I've learned not to get too excited. I want our Browns to do well and win a Super Bowl as much as anyone but let's take it one game at a time. The Titans game was only 1 game. Let's see if we can string 3 or 4 games like that together before we anoint them Super Bowl bound. I believe there is a bright future here with Andrew Berry and our coaches and players but let's see how it all plays out. JMHO

I'm not sure we have the roster in place (on defense) to do so, but the thing I'd love to see this team learn how to do is to finish games when we're up. We tend to bleed the scoreboard more than the clock to finish out games. Not poo-pooing our wins, just saying that that's a critical milestone in this team becoming a contender.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree Oober. Maybe with a healthy Denzel Ward, Greedy Williams, Ronnie Harrison, Grant Delpit and if Andrew Billings was playing we would have a better chance. Unfortunately they're not.

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
The only 2 real fails in the second half, in my view, were the first TD, where we let them score in 3 plays, 1 minute off the clock, and Baker's fumble. Should've had 3 turnovers from Tenn, turned into 1 from bad luck. Should've had holding calls on MG. Should've not dropped 2 3rd down conversions. If even half those things went right, it's a 20 point win.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: slick
I worry about the raiders still. This week the colts have to travel to Vegas to play them. If raiders win, the rest of thier schedule is a cake walk. They could end up 11-5. Which means we need to be 12-4. Raiders own the tie breaker on us.

We need to beat the Ravens, which would almost guarantee us finishing ahead of them in the division, which, as I found out recently, would be huge.

the Jets tanking on the final play to the Raiders certainly didn't help but we control our own destiny and we just need to keep winning.

If we beat the Ravens, even if we lose to the Gmen and go 11-5, our odds of making the playoffs are still really high. There isn't a game on our schedule we can't win.. we could also lose about 3 of them if we don't keep the intensity up... so just keep playing.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Oh, if we beat Baltimore we all but clinch it I’d assume. How sweet would it be to beat them on MNF in December to clinch the playoffs

Legend
Legend
Go to nfl.com right this moment, they have a graphic up on the front page of what the playoff picture would look like right now and they have the "C" for the Chicago Bears where the Browns should be..

No respect I tell ya.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Go to nfl.com right this moment, they have a graphic up on the front page of what the playoff picture would look like right now and they have the "C" for the Chicago Bears where the Browns should be..

No respect I tell ya.

I couldn't find it

Legend
Legend
It's been replaced. I have a screenshot of it but I have no idea how to put that on here. Or if you go to Twitter @Browns or @NFL, I tagged them when I tweeted it.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
NFL Power Rankings

Browns:
ESPN - 8
Yahoo Sports - 6
Bleacher Report - 6

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
I hope they're not letting all the love go to their head.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
If Freddie Kitchens was still the coach he'd have rented out pedal bar wagons for the team to get tanked on and ride around town by now.

Stefanski won't allow them to smell themselves.

Notice the Browns have not had any of the usual dumb distractions that seems to come out each year? Hell, last year a member of the team threatened to kill a member of the Browns media (Dustin Fox) in a tweet immediately after a game. Ha!

Legend
Legend
It's been replaced. I have a screenshot of it but I have no idea how to put that on here. Or if you go to Twitter @Browns or @NFL, I tagged them when I tweeted it.

Did you use a hashtag? If not I can’t find it without knowing your Twitter account name.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Funny I just had that conversation with my son.

However, this year has taken a toll on all the teams.

Adapt and overcome. Every team will be weakened by the playoff time.

This post season may be about which teams handle the loss of starters.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. The only other coach we've had since we came back that there was discipline like this and no nonsense was Eric Mangini. Oh and a good rushing attack and a physical O-Line. There are some strong similarities. Mangini didn't have a QB that could throw and leadership skills like Baker.

P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
If we beat the Ravens (6-5) Monday that pretty much eliminates them from going ahead of us, all we need is one more win: Ravens havens weak Schedule Besides Us: Vs Cowboys @ Browns Vs JAX and NYG @ Bengals: We have a 2 1/2 Game lead on them:

Other Teams Chasing us for the Playoffs:

Browns: (9-3): Vs Ravens @ NYG and NYJ Vs Steelers:

Bills: (9-3): Vs Steelers @ Broncos @ Pats Vs Dolphins: We are tied with them:

Miami (8-4): Vs. Chiefs and Patriots @ Raiders and Bills: We have a 1 Game lead on them:

Las Vegas: (7-5): Vs. Colts, Chargers and Dolphins @ Broncos: We have a 2 Game lead on them: They have Tie breaker:

Tennessee: (8-4): @ JAX Vs Detroit @ GB and Houston: We have 1 Game lead on them: We Have the tie breaker:

Colts: (8-4): @ Raiders Vs Texans @ Steelers Vs. JAX: We have a 1 Game lead on them: We hold the tie breaker:

NE: (6-6): @ Rams and Dolphins Vs Bills and Jets: We are 3 games ahead of them:

Out of these 8 teams 2 will be Division Champs leaving 6: NE is a long shot leaving 5: Miami has the toughest Schedule and only 3 can make the Wild Cards: I think we are setting in a good spot, but a win Monday Night would go along way to us getting in and depending on a couple games Sunday we could clinch a spot: GO COLTS and GO CHIFS smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
T
Legend
Legend
T
We need to beat the Ravens, which would almost guarantee us finishing ahead of them in the division, which, as I found out recently, would be huge.

sigh, heavy breathing, whew,

Bottom line,

BEAT THE RAVENS!!!! and that win, ...

whew, (scared myself because they tied in the tie break I was counting on, and I got worried, so 4th tie break, and WHEW!!! Browns win it, if they beat the ravens, .

Beat the Ravens, and the Browns are P-Owning the Ravens in common games
9-1 with 2 games to play,
and ravens 5-3 with 4 games to play,

worst case it's a tie, goes next to overall afc record.
Browns 7-5 vs afc, (thanks to BEATING BALT. you MUST, BEAT THE RAVENS!)

And bad guys 6-6 vs the afc.

(Do you know how hard it is to GET, to the afc record being the tie break between two teams in the 'same' division)
even overall record 10-6
4-2, - 4-2 in the division equal
9-3 9-3, even in common games
7-5 to 6-6 vs. the afc, Whew!
Wow. ,
Browns Ravens common games, + equals win, - equals loss, and tbd equals not played yet.

Browns Vs. Ravens, common games tie break,

Steelers, Ravens? R -2, Browns? B -1
Bengals, R, +1 ... B, +2

Wash.FT R+ ... B+
Dallas R(tbd) ... B+
Eagles R+ ... B+
Giants R(tbd ... B(tbd)

Colts R+ ... B+
Texans R+ ... B+
Titans R(loss) ... B+
Jaguars R(tbd) ... B+

Tally, Ravens 5-3 with 4 (tbd)

Tally, Browns 9-1 with 3 (tbd) Worst case scenario, is a tie which means

go to next tie break, AFC record,
Ravens vs AFC, would be 6-6
Browns vs AFC would be 7-5,

BROWNS 2nd place, Ravens suffer the 3rd place poison pill.

BEAT THE RAVENS, and secure no worse than 2nd place in the AFC North. Worst case scenario it goes to 4th tie break (tie breaks among two teams, in the same division

If you Lose to the Ravens they swept you head to head and it doesn't matter,
If you tie, they beat you first time and it doesn't matter.

BEAT THE RAVENS!

BEAT THE RAVENS, and the Cowboy vs Ravens, .. and the Browns at Giants, doesn't tie break anything, still counts for overall record.

BEAT THE RAVENS, and if the Steelers beat the hapless Burrow less bengals, and don't lose to the Bills and colts then the week 17 Steeler game won't ...

BEAT THE RAVENS,

On a scale of 1-10 the Ravens game is a SIXTEEN, of importance

and I won't go above 16.9-, or less than 7 on that 1-10 scale.

T
Legend
Legend
T
If this happens

Pittsburg loses to bills wins division 14-2 one or two seed
Kansas City beats the dolphins, better than 12-4 1 or two seed.

3 seed Titans 11-5. 8-4 afc, 5-1 div. (lose at packers, win division own tie breaks with Bills head to head and Dolphins 4-1 vs3-2 common games

4 seed Bills, 11-5, 8-4 afc, 4-2 div. (beat Steelers and Broncos, lose to Patriots and Dolphins) in this scenario they win the div. in by a week 15 win over Broncos to tie break them ahead of the Dolphins

In this scenario there is a 6 way tie at 11-5

Remain for fist wild card spot.
Remove Browns from3rd place poison pill , 4 way tie at 11-5 becomes 3 way between, Ravens, Colts, Dolphins,
Nobody swept or lost sweep,
Conf. record goes Dolphins 8-4, vs others 7-5

5 seed, Dolphins 11-5, 8-4, 4-2 (Dolphins lose to chiefs only)

6. After the Dolphins go in there is a 3 way tie Ravens, Browns Colts, all 11-5, 7-5 vs afc, Browns lose 3rd place in div poison pill and head to head goes to the Ravens beat the colts.

6. seed, Ravens 11-5

7.seed. (If Colts lose to pittsburg go 11-5

7 seed Browns head to head over colts.

In this scenario the Colts will know that beating the Steelers gets them in the playoffs, and the Steelers won't have that much incentive to win that colts game anyway.

Bottom line, Lose the Ravens game and the Browns are probably OUT.

T
Legend
Legend
T
If the Browns Beat the Ravens but nobody else, finish 10-6,

They will not have a tie break against the Dolphins, or the Patriots,

My last post showed how the Raiders, Patriots, and Colts would be out, and the Dolphins, Ravens, and Browns could be in,

I'll seek a way to show how the whole 3 group could vice versa.

and the Patriots Colts, and Raiders would all get in, and the Ravens Browns and Dolphins would all be out.

There probably will be an 11-5 AFC team, not in the playoffs.

Browns are going to be sitting there
11-4

week 17, and Needing a win against the Steelers and Ben R. who carves you up like thanksgiving turkeys' nearly every year,

and if you don't win you are out of the playoffs.

DON'T LET IT COME TO THAT, Must Beat the Ravens and then the Giants and jets to get to 12.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Browns are NOT making the playoffs.
Not with Lamar Jackson back on the rat birds and Ben throwing in Pukesburg.
And you can cash that, it'll still be good in 4 weeks.

Shame. frown epletative wasted year.

The Browns aren't trying hard enough, save a couple

and Chubb? not getting into the end zone? stepping out at the one, and then the next week,
all next game, when the Browns player was loose in the open field, they couldn't get around Anybody.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

and Chubb? not getting into the end zone? stepping out at the one, and then the next week,
all next game, when the Browns player was loose in the open field, they couldn't get around Anybody.

We're 9-3! Enjoy it while it lasts, worry about the losing if it happens later!

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
They won't... but it'd be awesome if they flexed the NY v Browns game into Sunday night...

That sunday night game that week is Dallas and the 49ers... not a huge game in the scheme of things now.

But you're still swapping an NFC East team for another.. they love airing NFC east teams...

The right thing to do honestly is to flex the Saints and Chiefs to that game....

Last edited by The Collector; 12/09/20 04:02 AM.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
There's still a LOT of football to be played.

Cleveland: Ravens, Giants, Jets, Steelers
Baltimore: Browns, Jags, Giants, Bengals
Steelers: Bills, Bengals, Colts, Browns

The final games for the Steelers are no cakewalk. That Bills game is going to be tough, And the Colts are a tough team... they beat the Packers. There's going to be a lot of teams beating up other teams that are in contention these next 4 weeks.

Nothing is certain at this point. There is even a chance the Browns could become the 2nd seed. So lets just hold onto our hats.

Last edited by The Collector; 12/09/20 04:20 AM.
O
Legend
Legend
O

rolleyes We just have to go 1-0 this week.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
we have 3 tough games left all 3 of the teams have won a lot of games the last 2 months.

1. Baltimore
2. Giants (we will know if they are legit or not after the AZ game)
3. Pittsburgh (they could mail this one in unless we are tied with the same record)

We only have the New Browns (Jets) as a gimmie.

If we are lucky, we will split the last 4 games and end up 11-5. We could also end up 13-3.

If I had to put my wager for the remainder of the season, I'd bet 9-4 this week. 10-4 next week. 11-5 against the Jets and Pitts could end up giving us an early Xmas present if we need it to get to 12-4 or stay at 11-5 and rest our starters for the playoffs.

Legend
Legend

Why is it so important to you to keep repeating this stuff post after post? Is there some need you're getting met by doing this? Do you want someone to agree with you? What is it?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Never seen anyone so negative as you and that's saying something.

Goodbye and GO BROWNS!

O
Legend
Legend
O
Now you'll just see large stretches of empty posts. :-p

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Who peed in your Wheaties this morning?.....

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum AFC Playoff Chase Today (Discussion)

Link Copied to Clipboard