Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Legend
Legend
I agree, but that game last week ruined his chances. The Buckeyes didn't play enough games to have a stinker in there.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I agree, but that game last week ruined his chances. The Buckeyes didn't play enough games to have a stinker in there.

I dunno about that, I don't think one game makes or breaks your draft stock. Besides, the NFL is drafting guys on what they think that can do, and not so much what they did in college. They obviously have to use some of that, and there were some definite flaws in that game.

I think Lawrence goes 1 still, but Fields has a lot of qualities that teams are looking for in this new NFL.

They're both going to have to make a lot of strides when they get to the next level though.

T
Legend
Legend
T
GC. About 6 pm today I saw an Indiana wr #13 I think, get so wide open, and drop the ball.
He was easily 14-20 yards deeper and alone than any defender.

And it first looked like a catch, hit him right in the hands.

He just ran by the defense, they didn't even look up, almost like when someone jumps the snap count, but a WR.

edit: maybe it was Wisconsin, same color jerseys, Wisc. has a number 13, maybe it was the same guy who dropped the final td attempt for wisc.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 12/05/20 07:49 PM.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Remember when Georgia chose Jake Fromm over Justin Fields?

Legend
Legend
praying we actually get to play UM.... heck of a game today particularly without an OL...

<><

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
What's up with Teague today, it looks like he's running in quicksand.

He’s a plodder. No suddenness. Average vision. Fair to poor balance. Maybe one of the least impressive backs I’ve seen the Bucks field in some time.
I was more impressed by the kid Williams that came in at the end of the game. I liked his balance and vision a ton more than Teague. Williams came in and ran for 2+ yards per run better than Teague.

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Not long ago Joe Burrow ended up at LSU.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Worst RB core we have had in 10 years

S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Jcamm
Worst RB core we have had in 10 years

And still a very good group, it's just that JK Dobbins left a gigantic pair of cleats to fill. Man he was a good one

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

Not long ago Joe Burrow ended up at LSU.

Right. Burrow's story is unique. He played for LSU the previous and was average. He took a huge leap. Fromm was never great and everyone knew Fields was a stud.

Legend
Legend

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 12/07/20 08:45 AM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
J
Legend
Legend
J

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

P
Legend
Legend
P
I just saw this moments ago. Man is this ever going to complicate the playoff implications.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
The Big Ten needs to step up and cancel the stupid rule they imposed !!!

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Which "stupid rule" would that be?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
They will meet and change the rule. You are not going to penalize the 4th ranked team that will be representing your conference in the playoffs (should the win the title game) because of COVID. That is just idiotic.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Which "stupid rule" would that be?
Big 10 initially said you have to play 6 games to qualify for the Big 10 Title game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
NCAA will amend the rule for qualifying for the College Football Playoffs. Ohio State brings in way too much money to not have them in on a technicality.

C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
Biggest Harbaugh victory since he has been at Michigan.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
The Big Ten needs to step up and cancel the stupid rule they imposed !!!

Which rule...and changing rules mid game is rinky dink.

Everybody knew the rules going in. You don't change rules to benefit one player.

If OSU gets in the title game, who is that kicking out?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Indiana

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
NCAA will amend the rule for qualifying for the College Football Playoffs. Ohio State brings in way too much money to not have them in on a technicality.

First, it isn't a technicity. It was the agreed upon rules.

Second, how does OSU bring in any more money?

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg
Indiana

I figured, but wasn't sure.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

First, it isn't a technicity. It was the agreed upon rules.

Second, how does OSU bring in any more money?

The rules will change.

Ad revenue. More eyeballs on the game, the higher the ad dollar charged per 30 second or 60 second commercial break.

Ohio State is a huge draw.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Not so much more than any other team to play in the game.

OSU doesn't have a cod lock on fans.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Also, even if the Big Ten rigs the deck in favor of OSU, the BCS committee is by no means a sure thing to vote them in the top 4.
I would think several of the voters would change their vote under those circumstances.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Where do Buckeyes go now after Michigan cancelled The Game?
https://lettermenrow.com/ohio-state-foot...-ten-next-step/
COLUMBUS — The true worst-case scenario at Ohio State arrived.

The Buckeyes have already faced plenty of adversity, they’ve dealt with numerous disappointments and they had previously lost two games. But the program builds its entire year around The Game, and now that has officially been ripped away from it as well.

Tuesday will be a dark day in the history of this storied rivalry, and clearly Ohio State was rattled when the decision was handed down from Michigan that it wouldn’t be able to play on Saturday. But what will make it ever harder to process in the short term is there’s no time to waste to put a contingency plan in place in order to salvage the rest of their goals in the Big Ten and College Football Playoff chases.

“I think the [minimum-games rule] was one of those things that was put into place early on, and decisions are made based on the information that you have at the time,” Ohio State coach Ryan Day said on Tuesday just an hour before the cancellation. “Things change, as we know. They cancelled a non-conference season early on, it got changed to conference only, then it got changed to no season, then it got changed to a season — there’s been a lot of changes. I think we have to take a hard look periodically at all this stuff. I think this is one of those situations.

“If we don’t quite get the games that we need to get into the championship game, then I think that needs to be looked at hard, just like it would for anybody else in the conference. But there’s no easy solution in times like this. I know those guys are going to come together, take a hard look at it and make sure it was the right decision.”

That is obviously a far more pressing issue for the Big Ten and the Buckeyes now. And as everybody looks forward to the next step, Lettermen Row is breaking down the current options.

Big Ten can reschedule Ohio State-Maryland matchup

The conversations were already underway over the weekend when the possibility that Michigan might not be ready in time for The Game became apparent with its program shutdown in effect. Those were also scheduled to continue as Ohio State remained in communication with the Big Ten about what the next steps would be if it needed a new opponent. At this point, there has been no indication from the conference that it is willing to revisit the minimum-games requirement that has created this mess — but the conference is fully aware of the financial and competitive implications if it doesn’t then act on the schedule.

Maryland was at the top of the list of potential backup options, and making up the game that was cancelled between those two East Division opponents earlier in the season would provide a relatively simple fix. That move might not be as straight-forward as it could have been if Minnesota wasn’t in line to play this week, and certainly the league wouldn’t want to sit down a team like Rutgers without giving it a chance to suit up when it has done everything right so far this year. But in the greater interest of the conference, that might be what needs to happen in order to maintain the credibility of the Big Ten title and keep it in position to play in the College Football Playoff.

Big Ten can schedule Buckeyes-Indiana rematch

Without question, something has to give for the Big Ten. Among its many preferences in scheduling this season, one thing it was hoping to avoid as much as possible was a rematch between conference opponents. So, even though there’s another potentially ready-made solution with Purdue now dealing with COVID issues ahead of its own rivalry showdown with Indiana, a return bout between the two best teams in the Big Ten isn’t likely to be favored in the league offices.

There’s no question it would be marketable for the broadcast partners, and Ohio State winning again would obviously erase any doubts whatsoever about who deserved to be in Indianapolis playing for the conference crown — although that shouldn’t really be up for debate anyway based on the previous head-to-head result. But another reason the Big Ten might not be interested in scheduling Round Two? If Indiana were to somehow pull off the upset, that would muddy the situation even more with the two teams having split the series while also likely eliminating the conference from the College Football Playoff. It’s far more likely that Purdue’s cancellation opens up another path to Ohio State-Maryland, even if that means a rematch for Indiana and Rutgers.

Big Ten can change non-conference, minimum-games rules

Ohio State is absolutely willing to schedule a matchup outside the league on short notice, and it would even be willing to take on another College Football Playoff contender on Saturday if it was allowed to do so. But the dreams of a potential showdown with somebody like Texas A&M are extremely unlikely to turn into reality for a number of reasons — starting with the Big Ten rules barring games outside of the league this year. On top of that, the logistics for dealing with broadcast partners and contracts are daunting even if the Big Ten signed off on it, which the Buckeyes have no expectant of happening at this point anyway.

So, beyond that, the only other choice on the table for the conference if it doesn’t want to do the work to give the Buckeyes an opponent is changing the minimum-games rule. It’s virtually impossible to see how there would be an argument against putting the three-time defending conference champs, the highest-ranked team in the league and the program with a head-to-head win over Indiana in the championship as the East representative. Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez has already publicly acknowledged that’s an option that must be considered for the good of the league. There’s simply no question that the Big Ten can’t just sit on its hands at this point now that a time for decisive action has arrived.

Where do the Buckeyes go from here?

It’s up to the Big Ten now to figure it out as soon as possible.

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Who are they going to put in? Florida just after Alabama stomps them in SEC Championship only to meet again? Texas A&M...yawn. Cincinnati...I don't think so.

The NCAA loves money.

Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm not sure why anyone would feel the NCAA would consider a team who has only played five games when there are arguably other teams that could be considered for that #4 slot.

Texes A&M's game has been called off because Old Miss has Covid. The best case scenario is if OSU could get Texas A&M to play them this week-end. That would solidify OSU making the playoffs.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Fine!

Buckeyes should become an independent program, break away from the big 10!

and Re join the big 10 next april! Who cares about basketball anyhow.

This is all the Ohio Governor, and other Big 10 overeducated health, microscope lookers fault for what they did to suspend the season,

25 years ago, in late July 2020.

Ahh, this is an opportunity ! !

Power to the people? Stick it to the man?
Buckeyes! Should!

Break away from the B 1 G, <stupiedest( I know most stupid is the correct grammar, but it's not as fun to say.)
B 1 G < Stupidest logo this century.

Ohio State Football independent!

... Good idea for the next 5 years, after that, ehhhhh, would become less a good idea with each passing year.

I start to ask, what is the worst, what is the worst that would happen if Ohio State broke away from the Big Ten Conference?

^ That's all eaiser for me to argue for, than to argue the 5 wins team in the CFP argument; Cut the BS.

I told you my threshold, I could support 7 games, SEVEN, after the champ week, 7-0 and Big 10 conf. champion, < you have my vote I can support that,

6-0 and Big 10 conf. champion, < what the blank, No Way! I can't support a potential for the CFP champion only being 8-0 when all 300 teams are done playing and they never played a 9th game.
I can't support that in any way whatsoever.

Not in a year whan a lot of teams are going to play, how many games? How many games does a team that played all the weeks this year, how many do they have?

Much easier to support that Ohio State goes independent, or
joins the Sec,
or joins the acc,

I guess I'd miss... I guess I'd miss those games against penn state?

(Buckeyes' should go play Texas A and M , straight up! This Week!

and 2 days later play BYU, because BYU said, any team any stadium, any time.

That's how I feel at the moment, LEAVE THE BIG 10!

And beee onne geee! is the STUPIDEST LOGO EVER, and I don't have to Pretend that it's not anymore!

Bottom line, find a way to play a 7th game or else

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Everybody knew the rules going in. You don't change rules to benefit one player.

Buckeye hate is kind of showing there, lol. The rule was hastily written this year so teams couldn't use COVID to avoid difficult games and cakewalk into the championship game. That's clearly not the case here. The team that would go in OSU's place would be Indiana...who OSU beat.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Someone wrote: If OSU gets in the title game, who is that kicking out?

Just team they Beat, IU had their chance and couldn't beat us therefore they shouldn't het in the Championship game through the backdoor ... tsktsk

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Buckeye hate is kind of showing there, lol. The rule was hastily written this year so teams couldn't use COVID to avoid difficult games and cakewalk into the championship game. That's clearly not the case here. The team that would go in OSU's place would be Indiana...who OSU beat.

It really isn't Buckeye hate.

It's simply a matter of ethics.

Everybody in the conference ok'd the deal, written in haste or not.

Everybody knew the rules going in to this deal. Now all of a sudden they are looking at changing the rules for, IMO, the money. Plain and simple.

The Big Ten is already somewhat tarnished because it is in reality the Big 1 conference. Since the BCS started, OSU has won the championship 2 times, and are the only team out of the Big 10 to do so.

The SEC has won it 12 times, with 5 different teams doing so.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

It really isn't Buckeye hate.

It's simply a matter of ethics.

Everybody in the conference ok'd the deal, written in haste or not.

Everybody knew the rules going in to this deal. Now all of a sudden they are looking at changing the rules for, IMO, the money. Plain and simple.

The Big Ten is already somewhat tarnished because it is in reality the Big 1 conference. Since the BCS started, OSU has won the championship 2 times, and are the only team out of the Big 10 to do so.

The SEC has won it 12 times, with 5 different teams doing so.

Be honest Peen it's all about getting another $EC team in, not only you but the Powers to be ... E$PN

Last edited by PastorMarc; 12/08/20 07:47 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Big 10 all voted to cancel this season and they changed their mind on that. You have your best team who is ranked #4 in the country. Of coarse you will get together and vote to change another agreed upon rule.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Thee Ohio State Football Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard