Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
The Jets would be fools to trade him to the Pats.

If you don't think he's good enough to keep on your team, why would you be afraid to play against him twice a year?

yebat' Putin
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
He's young and has been poorly coached since he came into the league. He has enough tools to develop into a decent QB. Why take the chance and trade him to a team that's dominated your division for the past 20 years? Not to mention he'll have a chip on his shoulder every time he plays you. No thanks. Trade him to the Bears.

Legend
Legend
If you view him that way, then why would you trade him?
You should fire the bad coaching and get competent coaching that will bring your young, talented QB to being the best he can.
Why get rid of talent you already have just to chase talent you don't have that you know less about?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
If the Jets get the #1 pick Trevor Lawrence is viewed as an Excellent QB prospect. That's more than Donald was coming out and how he is now. Also, It's possible he could benefit from a change of scenery. It's speculation of course but I'm sure the new HC will have a lot of say in what happens to him. Maybe he feels Sam is good enough. Time will tell.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
If you view him that way, then why would you trade him?
You should fire the bad coaching and get competent coaching that will bring your young, talented QB to being the best he can.
Why get rid of talent you already have just to chase talent you don't have that you know less about?

That was kind of my point. If you are afraid to let him go in your division where you have to play him because you think he can blossom into something really good, then use that #1 pick to get him the best OL you can find and get him some weapons and coach him up..

If you think he's too damaged to ever be any good, then why do you care where he goes?

But they will probably let him go, draft Lawrence, and ruin him in 3 years.

yebat' Putin
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
What I posted is just my opinion. The new coaching staff will speak to him and watch tape. If they feel they can win with him they'll draft accordingly if not they will draft Lawrence and trade him. Again. It's JMO and speculation but if I do trade him it won't be to the Pats.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I tend to agree with you. It's fairly common practice that teams do not like trading players to teams in their own division. People can parse the reason behind that all they like, but that's normal for the NFL.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It's usually that way in Baseball too. Don't trade a guy to a division foe. Trade him to the other league if possible and feasible.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
He's young and has been poorly coached since he came into the league. He has enough tools to develop into a decent QB. Why take the chance and trade him to a team that's dominated your division for the past 20 years? Not to mention he'll have a chip on his shoulder every time he plays you. No thanks. Trade him to the Bears.

You're not alone with this take, but I don't think I've ever seen a similar reaction for a QB who's never been good at any level in the entire history of the NFL.

Legend
Legend
What do you mean "never been any good at any level?"

First-team All- Pac-12 (2017)
Rose Bowl Champion (2017)
Rose Bowl Offensive MVP (2017)
Pac-12 Champion (2017)
Pac-12 Championship Game MVP (2017)
Archie Griffin Award (2016)
Pac-12 Offensive Freshman of the Year (2016)

Last edited by bonefish; 12/13/20 05:17 PM.
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c... Top 15 article I know this list is definitely Stat motivated.

But me what can I say I just watch the games and make my mind up. Won't get into it too much cause I know that you all know that I am a "HOMER" but no way in heck you can tell me that Tannehill is a better QB than Baker, sorry and my list for that is greater but I don't wish to get into some rock em sock em QB battles - I'll just stick with that one and if your argument (not you personally but anyone) says otherwise well then I just don't think you know (You again meaning anyone) doesn't know jack about QB play tongue catfight

lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
EO would you agree with my opinion that Tannehill is a better PASSER than Lamar Jackson? nNot necessarily a better QB but just a passer.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I would say 66% of the Qbs in the league are better passers than Jackson.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: eotab
j/c... Top 15 article I know this list is definitely Stat motivated.

But me what can I say I just watch the games and make my mind up. Won't get into it too much cause I know that you all know that I am a "HOMER" but no way in heck you can tell me that Tannehill is a better QB than Baker, sorry and my list for that is greater but I don't wish to get into some rock em sock em QB battles - I'll just stick with that one and if your argument (not you personally but anyone) says otherwise well then I just don't think you know (You again meaning anyone) doesn't know jack about QB play tongue catfight

lol laugh

But you told me a little over a year ago that Kyler Murray didn't have an "NFL" arm.?

M
Legend
Legend
M
So for all the Lamar lovers .... What do you think Browns Fan would say if on 3rd and 19 in a must win game, Stefanski called a run. In good weather. No rain and no 70 mph wind ?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker is definitely the qb of the future for this team.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker has his moxy back and once he perfects KS's offense, he will become a complete player!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2020 stats
23 td
8 int
62.3% completion
2785 yards
96.61 rtg

Over 10,000 yards 72 td to 43 int 61.8 completion % 89.68 rating for his career

By far the best we have seen since the 90's.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Bro I am ALL IN on the bake train!!!

Man I’m so proud of our QB. We finally got the guy, and the QB position is the one thing we ain’t worried about going into the offseason regardless of how the season plays out.

We got the HC, we got the QB, we got the Oline and RBs.

We can freaking go toe to toe with anybody!! All we need is experience!!

I love this team man I’m so up on them right now.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Baker was struggling early on. What did we/he do (other than starting to mix up the run/pass selection) that opened up our offense?

Theory #1: We seemed to move away from bigger chunk passes to shorter quick-strike passes and Baker was hitting those.

Last edited by oobernoober; 12/15/20 09:52 AM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Baker was struggling early on. What did we/he do (other than starting to mix up the run/pass selection) that opened up our offense?

Theory #1: We seemed to move away from bigger chunk passes to shorter quick-strike passes and Baker was hitting those.

I have not watched the game again - but I think our receivers all kept getting jammed on the line and Baker was under pressure in the pocket quickly, throwing off timing routes.

Add to that - just my opinion - but I think KS calls a game plan that keeps plays back for the second half. We seemed to go very vanilla for a spell after the initial TD.

Legend
Legend
I think he’s finally starting to read defenses. The ravens defensive scheme on him was good early on, even though we were still moving thanks to our run game.

But he did what good QBs are supposed to do: adjust. He started moving and manipulating the pocket. The rollouts, the QB pocket awareness under pressure just shot up.

Basically he went super saiyan.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Swish

Man I’m so proud of our QB. We finally got the guy, and the QB position is the one thing we ain’t worried about going into the offseason regardless of how the season plays out.

Thank you ... so refreshing to read that instead of the doom and gloom and hate from the Game Day thread and those obsessed with Play offs that think we are doomed. . . . 9-4 baby.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm hesitant to declare that's what he did simply because that is the ultimate "he can't do that", and if he actually can that means I actually should start hoping.

My other theory is that the Ravens D starting wearing down, as they had key guys starting to drop out at the end of games, but I'm not 100% sure about this because we started rolling shortly BEFORE this.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I also think our WRs were being challenged and pressed early on and they weren’t winning their matchups in the 2nd quarter. I’d like to see what we ran to adjust ... plus we targeted their worst CB more often

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
I think he’s finally starting to read defenses. The ravens defensive scheme on him was good early on, even though we were still moving thanks to our run game.

But he did what good QBs are supposed to do: adjust. He started moving and manipulating the pocket. The rollouts, the QB pocket awareness under pressure just shot up.

This.

Baker looks like a QB who had a light switch go on.

The best thing about Baker is when he has his swag going he's not afraid of anyone or any team. That was 2018 final game or the season Baker last night.

Between him and Stefanski we can play with anyone.

The D...I have no words.

We need the next two. Let's see how hungry these guys are.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Baker looks like a QB who had a light switch go off.

Did you mean "on"?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The Giants game is basically a playoff game for us (and for them). Any word on their injury situation? I know Jones has been dealing with a bad hamstring

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

After the INT, Baker was 12/15 for 155 yards, 2 passing TDs and a rushing TD...

I kept getting frustrated when they would show the stats that were like, Baker is:

12/23 for 100 yards

and then below that there was this insert that said:

On playaction he is 9/12

Do the math.. I'm not sure why we EVER go empty backfield but we seem to do it a lot.

yebat' Putin
W
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
On playaction he is 9/12

Do the math.. I'm not sure why we EVER go empty backfield but we seem to do it a lot.

I agree and I agree.

All Pro
All Pro
Our future franchise QB. That’s all I have to say.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Floquinho
Our future franchise QB. That’s all I have to say.
he’s sure looked like it the past two months

Legend
Legend

Their DBs got injured and they had to change the lineup in their secondary.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Hey Swish, on the first drive did you hear Baker call out "Stiffler! Stiffler!" At first I was like did I just hear that??? Then as they went to commercial break the announcer said "Baker Mayfield giving us a little American Pie" rofl

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Their DBs got injured and they had to change the lineup in their secondary.

I gotta hand it to their DBs... they played our guys tough. But I also couldn't but notice they were getting worn out and looking beat up down the stretch. Considering we didn't run too much, I think that implies our WRs were taking it to them just as hard.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

Hey Swish, on the first drive did you hear Baker call out "Stiffler! Stiffler!" At first I was like did I just hear that??? Then as they went to commercial break the announcer said "Baker Mayfield giving us a little American Pie" rofl

I heard that. It was funny.

No Craps Given
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Also want to add, you can see he's getting more comfortable, the game is slowing down for him. One point I want to bring up is his awareness, not only directing players where to line up and etc. He was aware of the extra personnel on the field for the one penalty.

The second one.... was at a big moment (i think it was on 4th down?) in the 4th quarter. We just finished running a play. Everyone is getting back to the line. He yells Turbo! Turbo! to get a quick snap and Harbaugh had to call a time out. We would've had a free first down, b/c of too many players on the field.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

I heard that. It was funny.

That was funny.
I was surprised no-one brought this up a couple weeks ago (unless i missed it) from the Jags game. I can't post it on here (language), but search Baker Mayfield cute. We were set to run a play and the Jags D-line did a line shift. Baker makes a comment in this cadence that is hilarious and very cocky, that you can hear in the broadcast lol.

Last edited by ScottPlayersFacemask; 12/15/20 11:55 PM.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Baker has caught alot of crap by alot, myself included, but damn..lately its like a switch has clicked and he's just locked in. He's proven he can put the offense on his shoulders when he needs to and make a defense pay.. This offense next year will be right up with the chiefs I believe. Baker is comfortable now in the offense, so next year he gets OBJ back and Baker can get the ball to him organically instead of trying to force OBJ the ball.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Can we say that Baker Mayfield is dangerous?

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Baker Comparisons 3

Link Copied to Clipboard