Print Thread
#1821652 12/04/20 09:28 AM
H
hitt Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
H
Gordon, who is a member of Seattle football team, can play in last two games of this season. Commish reinstated Gordon after essentially another year off for stuff. Should we look for him in the off season, could bring a veteran perspective to WRs....not. Go Browns!!!!
https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-wr-josh-gordon-reinstated-by-nfl

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
M
Legend
Legend
M
I always wished the guy well with his fight against his demons... Such a waste of talent.

However this is such a crock of BS, after the way he was indefinitely suspended for the Browns. Went to the Patriots and got reinstated after another transgression, and now the same thing for Seattle. Not hard to see why some fans don't think the NFL is a level playing Field.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
This dude has more lives than my cats.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Andapparently he can play forever in the NFL; this is really a big deal to me. How often? Is there a literal point of no return?

Is there an over/under for how long this one will last? Wrong message. Ban him.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
O
Legend
Legend
O
He's no longer our problem. Enough time has passed, I no longer have any strong feelings towards him (other than pity). Let's be honest... no punishment put on him can come anywhere near the punishment he's put on himself (peeing away a guaranteed HoF-caliber career, and all that goes with it).

How old is he? 30-something, right? His prime is probably past. I expect the injury bug to start hitting him shortly (that is, if he can actually be on a roster for at least a season).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Legend
Legend
L
Good luck to him but I no longer care.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't wish anything poorly for the guy, but I just expect sometime in the next few weeks, or sometime next offseason, to read a headline about him putting himself back in rehab preemptively before he gets caught again.

The guy has demons and big time ailments. He also demonstrates a high degree of manipulation. I don't say that judgingly, but bringing it up as a condition to coincide with his substance abuse to demonstrate some type of severe underlying personality disorder.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
One thing to keep in mind going forward... The NFL's marijuana policy has changed drastically since his last suspension.

Testing threshold has quadrupled and testing timeline has been reduced to two weeks before training camp.

Although Josh was (admittedly) an equal opportunity abuser, marijuana is no longer a problem for him.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
His NFL mileage is the equivalent of a car some little old lady only uses to get to church on Sundays.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's because it was always at the dealership for multiple recalls.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Deja vu

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
Dude struggled with, (substances) iirc, originally to get the suspensions, not performance enhancing, I honestly don't remember that first point as I remember the next two.

At one point the story included some financials that seemed to me to be devastating, and he'd need to play football indefinetly to pay his financials.

At another point, the public comments around him changed in a 24 hour period from everyones attitude to where, I concluded,

(Well why would multiple people suddenly come out with supportative comments about a public figure who they had been condemning as a head case, draw your own conclusion)

If so, they didn't want it to be public and that's his right.

H
hitt Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
H
As I remember it, he has that in his background, a dealership let him sell cars/work there awhile. He has demons, all of us have our own crosses, I can't believe folks still giving him chances. Yes, talent wasted.....Peace to him hopefully.....Glad he's not with Browns!!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's not how I remember it. He simply couldn't live without the ganja. He peed dirty, and kept peeing dirty no matter how many chances he got. Dude had the brass ring right there within his grasp, all he had to do was put down the blunt. He couldn't do it.

Now many have argued that the restrictions on marijuana either shouldn't be, or shouldn't be as harsh. And while that may be true, it remains that it was a violation of the rules. That didn't stop him form repeatedly violating those rules.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
H
hitt Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, it ain't good our country has changed rules on MJ, now we got folks high on MJ and alcoholics running down the road...sweet, hope he stays clean- wonder how much he's been paid for each catch......LOT of dough....GO Browns!!!!

Legend
Legend
Amen. Won't last long IMO. SMH

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
LOL!

1st String
1st String
There's an interview on YT of him talking about his weed addiction. He said he used to walk the streets at night looking for a dealer while on suspension and his suspension didn't feel like one. It was more like a vacation in his eyes; more opportunities to smoke. He has/had issues. I wish him the best but I'm glad he's not our problem anymore. Such a waste.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
His name is Flash for a reason.

"Flash in the pan."

E
Legend
Legend
E
All the potheads on this forum claim that pot isn't addictive.

Then what is this guy's problem?

If he has some kind of stress/personality disorder then why doesn't he go to a psych dr? I can't believe no one has ever suggested this to him.

There's meds for anxiety.

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L
It was a lot more than pot.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
E
Legend
Legend
E
I can agree/suggest that he is self medicating his mental disorder with the pot.

But why doesn't he go to the Dr? They could solve it for him.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
marijuana
alcohol
xanax
codeine
cocaine
hydrocodone
oxycodone
adderall

And that's just what he has admitted as repeated abuse. With a gameday ritual of "bong rips and shots of whiskey".

If drugs didn't exist, Josh would be addicted to sex, food and long walks on the beach... It's not the drugs, it's Josh Gordon - the person.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
People can't seem to comprehend the difference between a mental addiction and a physical addiction. Weed isn't physically addictive. It can be mentally addictive. But then so can Krispy Kreme and I don't hear people throwing fits about closing their locations down.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
What most people fail to realize - and totally choose to downplay as if it isn't a big deal - is that the mental addiction is by far the more dangerous aspect. Beating a physical addiction is easy. Even the worst heroin addict is done with detox in a week or so. The physical addiction is broken and done.

Once you get past those first few days, it isn't the physical addiction that controls behavior or causes relapses or convinces the person to lower their moral standards to get their next fix. It is ALWAYS the mental addiction that lives inside your head that causes that. The alcoholic/addict that goes back out after 20 years sober and ends that night dead because they just needed to try it one more time.... that is PURELY the mental side.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Sadly the mental side applies to almost everything. It can be sex, gambling, food or almost anything. You simply can't legislate your way out of it.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yes, it does.

Probably the biggest one in America that nobody ever talks about is Sugar. It is real and it is wrecking the health of this entire country.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
Sadly the mental side applies to almost everything. It can be sex, gambling, food or almost anything.

Physical disabilities are more accepted then the mental disabilities. I guess that's why I hate the prison system. (another topic).

Gordon, Winslow both have / had talent..Heck you can add Weeden in that class. When a athlete can be given so many chances as Josh , and then you see a first time offender who has done no crime except some drug use locked up for years..It makes me feel like Josh should make minimum wage working in a facility helping others with addiction.

P
Legend
Legend
P
While I certainly agree with you, I think in order for Josh to do that he would first have to establish a long term ability to stay clean himself. I haven't seen that. I'm not sure how someone who is an addict themselves can actually be of help to other addicts. While I certainly think his story of what addiction has cost him might serve as a useful tool in warning other addicts, I think it may be best if someone else were teaching them that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Any team that signs this turd is seriously hard up.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
*snicker* Meathead rises again. lol How long will he last this time? Two games? Three? He plays just long enough to get enough money to party on and then he parties on...

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
H
All Pro
All Pro
H
I hope he has gotten better, and makes enough money to set his family up for life.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Hamfist
I hope he has gotten better, and makes enough money to set his family up for life.

Yeah, the good news is if he can just even be a backup for 3 years in the NFL that's more money than I've made in my lifetime lol

Don't feel bad for him, but do wish him the best (unless we play them in the SB, then I hope he stinks for a game)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: myka

Yeah, the good news is if he can just even be a backup for 3 years in the NFL that's more money than I've made in my lifetime lol

Don't feel bad for him, but do wish him the best (unless we play them in the SB, then I hope he stinks for a game)

For normal people that would be a true statment, for Josh, not likely... He has expensive habits.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Originally Posted By: myka

For normal people that would be a true statment, for Josh, not likely... He has expensive habits.

Well that's on him.

I could be perfectly fine getting high every day for the rest of my life if I had the chance at one of his contracts lol

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Hmmm, sounds like a move to help SeaChickens in a late season playoff push....Goodell is a tool

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Flash Gordon Reinstated

Link Copied to Clipboard