Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This MNF game couldn't have come on a better week. I'm swamped at work and this will give me Sunday afternoon to catch up on a lot of work, while following some games that will impact the Browns playoff chances but I don't plan to actually watch much football until possibly the game tonight.

Typically by this point in the season many fans were somewhat indifferent to whether they watched the Browns or not because we were 3-9 and playing for draft picks and talking about what new coach we wanted next year... So what's everybody else doing? Spending the day watching other games? Getting stuff done? Spending a rare in-season Sunday out with the family? Christmas shopping?

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am rooting for KC to beat Miami
Cin to beat Dallas to improve our strength of schedule
Jax to beat Tenn

Indy to beat LV
Buffalo to beat Pitt

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
A little laziness early, then the rest of the day will be spent slowly working on getting the house packed up. I will likely have others games on in the background while I work.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Same here.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
A little laziness early, then the rest of the day will be spent slowly working on getting the house packed up. I will likely have others games on in the background while I work.

Moving?

I'm watching redzone all day. My routine doesn't change even though the Browns aren't playing. I get up every Sunday morning between 6am and 7am, get some food cooking for the day, get my standard list of Sunday morning chores done while listening to WKNR, then at 10am I start watching football and don't stop until the night game is over.

Legend
Legend
Yup. Sold my house in the city and I'm moving the country. Got a few acres out in Medina County.

Browns is the Browns

R
Legend
Legend
R
Congrats. My wife would love to do something like that.

Legend
Legend
It has been my dream since I bought the place. It took me 20 years in my starter home to get there, but I'm finally getting to do it.

Browns is the Browns

R
Legend
Legend
R
My parents own property somewhere in Amish country. Don't know the area or the county. I think it's a couple of hours south of Cleveland. In fracking country. We may build on it at some point in the future after my parents leave it to us. Depends on if we want to spend time on the east coast. We might do an RV pad and use it as a base as well.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
We might do an RV pad and use it as a base as well.

That's been a dream of mine for a while, too. The new place has a barn on it already. Depending on how much I'm allowed to enlarge it, that may be in the near future for me. Nothing grandiose like one of those RV buses, just a small RV or perhaps a used 5th Wheel.

I looked at quite a few places in Amish country as my mom was raised there (in Sugarcreek), so I spent a lot of time there as a kid, too. It's a better, quieter, humbler way of life out there. I love everything about it.

Browns is the Browns

A
Legend
Legend
A
Careful.......you might get accused of not being 'hep', ya know, country life, not being in the midst of all that cities have to offer and what not. Well, of just being small minded over all.

P
Legend
Legend
P
You already have the market cornered on that one.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Wrong, but good try.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Watching RedZone for the 1pm and 4pm games with my kids. Then I'll watch the SNF.

Knocked out a couple chores earlier today.

Leave for Savannah, GA tomorrow for a week for work and then back again after the holidays.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm flipping between the KC-Miami and Cinci-Dallas games, and I'm about to make a meatloaf, baked potato, steamed green beans dinner. Looking forward to Buffalo-Pitt game tonight.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Jax to beat Tenn

Indy to beat LV
Buffalo to beat Pitt

Is the rationale behind rooting for Indy because we have the tie-breaker over them but LV has the tie-breaker over us?

LV already has 5 losses and Indy only has 4. Is there no benefit to getting as many teams as possible to 5 losses or more?

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Quote:
We might do an RV pad and use it as a base as well.

That's been a dream of mine for a while, too. The new place has a barn on it already. Depending on how much I'm allowed to enlarge it, that may be in the near future for me. Nothing grandiose like one of those RV buses, just a small RV or perhaps a used 5th Wheel.

I looked at quite a few places in Amish country as my mom was raised there (in Sugarcreek), so I spent a lot of time there as a kid, too. It's a better, quieter, humbler way of life out there. I love everything about it.

Have you or your mom ever been to/ stayed at "The Inn at Honeyrun".

Millersburg. Just a stones throw(perhaps up to 3 throws) from Sugarcreek. Totally Amish built. 100% Amish cooking. Terrific place.....beautiful.

My wife and I have been there 6-7 times over the years. Been years since. Always stayed in a "honeycomb"(a half circle room built into the side of a hill. I'd say they have 10-12ish.

The term "Serenity" comes to mind.

https://www.innathoneyrun.com/accommodations/

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
My mom's boyfriend had a house in Millersburg; I don't know if they ever stayed at the Inn, but I'm sure they knew of it.

That sounds like an amazingly cool place, though. I need to look it up.

Browns is the Browns

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Pork steaks and sticky rice. And a nice care free day of watching the Redzone channel

Legend
Legend
We gotta eliminate the Raiders

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
A
Legend
Legend
A
Church at 8. Chill. Watched Dunhams Thanksgiving special with my wife. Nap (failed there)

Tonight, a 'zoom' Christmas get together with my family. Me, wife, Sooga, son, brother and his wife and 2 adopted kids (Indiana), nephew, nephew and his wife, brother and his wife in Colorado, sis and her family, and mom and dad. 22 of us I believe.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Jax to beat Tenn

Indy to beat LV
Buffalo to beat Pitt

Is the rationale behind rooting for Indy because we have the tie-breaker over them but LV has the tie-breaker over us?

LV already has 5 losses and Indy only has 4. Is there no benefit to getting as many teams as possible to 5 losses or more?

Indy win Miami loss and LV loss shores up the playoffs more.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Jax to beat Tenn

Indy to beat LV
Buffalo to beat Pitt

Indy win Miami loss and LV loss shores up the playoffs more.
this is what I’ve figured as well

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 42 Ravens 47 So what's on the agenda today?

Link Copied to Clipboard