Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Music threads are always a welcome distraction. I know I welcome any distraction from the world around me. Music being my go to modality. My escape. With that, it’s nice to share the creative endeavors of the under-appreciated. So post a video of a band you’re digging that’s under the radar.

This is a band I’ve been really loving. I first heard about them last winter. I was excited as they’d been booked at festival I had planned on being involved with artistically. Sadly... 2020...
So here’s to hoping 2021 brings live music back into our lives.

Introducing, out of Norwalk, CT.... Goose
(Note.... this video is the beginning of a live concert they released. At the top is a slow intro into the video. Just fast forward to the 4 minute mark. The music starts there.)

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Well since no one else is chiming in I’ll add another. I caught them at a festival in 2019. Really talented group of musicians that play incredibly tight, but loose, live. A tricky balance.

A band out of Prescott, AZ... Spafford.

[Linked Image]
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I'm not sure what you mean by "current".

If it's an under appreciated band that's only been around the last five or ten years, I have trouble coming up with one.

If it's an under appreciated band (that probably not many people know about) that are still currently putting out albums and were touring before the virus, I'd say the band Elbow.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Girl Named Tom. Check youtube. They are coming out with more and more original songs, but right now they cover most of the time.

P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
I guess by current I mean not some unknown 70’s, or whatever era, band. Someone putting out music today. I guess on some level I was thinking more along the lines of ‘newer’ bands. Which is tricky. By the time most people have heard of a band they’ve been around for 5-10 years already. Playing locally... then touring locally... then touring regionally... then getting a broader following. So ‘current’ often times correlates to geography or scene as much as time.

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Girl Named Tom. Check youtube. They are coming out with more and more original songs, but right now they cover most of the time.

Nice vocal skills. Hopefully they can cross the bridge of solid original song writing to compliment their vocal talent.

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
They are working on it. They have several originals out now, more to come.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Here's an original.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Brand new, only a handful of songs out in the last month.

They've been around a while but don't get all the love they deserve IMHO.

New and growing on me.

New to me. Was introduced to his music just this year. Hard to believe I had never heard of him before.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Legend
Legend
A

That's a link to an hour plus of music. But, if you skip ahead to about 1 hour, you'll see their dad playing Bob Dylan (acting). And stick with it to 1 hour 5 minutes or so, you'll see them playing the Bodeans "Still The Night".

Yah, the cancer having trying to survive dad, singing with his kids. It's awesome, really. Not their best version of the Bodeans..............but the best one is only on facebook, and the only way to connect to that is on my facebook page, and I sure as hell won't put that on here due to.........well, about 4 people. Imagine Chris, the dad, literally killing it on the drums.....

I would encourage you to skip to the times I listed. Won't take but ........depending, 3-8 minutes. Keep in mind, the dad has cancer and has an end date. Unless there's some miracle coming....

A
Legend
Legend
A
Oh, if you stick around for the last song, ABBA, you'll be impressed.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Parkway Drive, Ice Nine Kills, I Prevail, Motionless in White, SAUL. All are great bands, we had tickets to all these bands, but covid hit. Would love to post some youtube videos, don’t know how too.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Black Pumas

The Budos Band

Parquet Courts

Y
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Y
Favorite unknown/small band... Them Evils. I've seen them 4 times now...

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Really liked the RGP Blues Band but man that Jelly Roll vocal knocked me out! Great stuff!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Them Evils added to playlist, thanks!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
A twofer of sorts,Sharon Shannon with the Waterboys.She is one of the best fiddle players around,here she is on accordion.
Saints and Angels

And for those of us who enjoy the occasional ice pick to the brain;
We willnot be lovers

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
L
Legend
Legend
L
Matt Mays

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Oh, if you stick around for the last song, ABBA, you'll be impressed.

I have always been an ABBA fan.....and yes I was impressed.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

Nice vocal skills. Hopefully they can cross the bridge of solid original song writing to compliment their vocal talent.

As I stated earlier, they do have a number of originals. I won't name them right now.

But, this is one. In this vid, they are partnered with Mollie B and SqueezeBox. (local people) They are a polka band that USED to tour the U.S., even got in Clint Eastwoods movie "The Mule", because Clint watches their shows quite often. He likes them, he put them in a movie.

Here's the song/video from GNT, performed with Mollie B. at Mollie and Ted's studio just a couple of miles from me.

And, here's Mollie and Ted with Clint. https://www.texaspolkanews.com/news/new-eastwood-movie-features-mollie-b-texas-dancers

(I'm not a polka fan by the way, but Mollie and Ted have made a good living doing that music)

Legend
Legend

Thanks. Never heard of them.

I like their sound.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Thanks. Never heard of them.

I like their sound.

Never heard of who? Girl Named Tom? Probably not. Or Mollie B and Sqeeze box? Probably not them either, unless you're into polka.

You can check out some more GNT original songs on youtube.

Barrier Reef, written when they were in Florida. 6 foot distance, written because of covid, Walnut Hills (written in memory of their grandpa) Backup Plan, written about Cabe being a girls second choice), and their are others.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Favorite current band no one knows about.

Link Copied to Clipboard