Last five 10 wins in a season QBs for #Browns
@bakermayfield
Derek Anderson, 2007
@BernieKosarQB
, 1986
Brian Sipe, 1980
Mike Phipps, 1972

https://twitter.com/richeisen/status/1340873844077129729

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
T
Legend
Legend
T
Only team that's scored fewer points than the Giants on the season, (before today)
Are the Jets, up next week! thumbsup

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The Jets played well today we can't take them lightly.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Gameball to Freddie for calling a great game for us haha!

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Our Offense can and will be special

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Walk in the park. Easy win as predicted. A bit of a yawner.

- Baker was able to do whatever he wanted with the ball. Extremely accurate.

- Stefanski had the team prepared. 1-0

- Jarvis with dumb penalty...again.

- Most importantly, get healthy. There was never a chance the Browns would lose this game.

Go Browns! Playoffs are going to be fun!!!!

L
Legend
Legend
L
Baker was lights out, spreading the ball around. 27-32, 297...

Giants wanted to stop our run, and they were mostly effective. Bake hit Higgs, Jarvis for big gains. We had a couple of long TD drives... says a lot about our O.

I hope Hubbard is ok, Harris didn’t seem to be a noticeable drop off after Paul went out.

10-4. A game we had to win cuz every other AFC contender won today.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
L
Legend
Legend
L
I thought the taunting penalty on Landry was a BS call.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

P
Legend
Legend
P
We are in the Catbird seat smile

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It looked like the Giants player started it.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Don't jaw at a guy when you have history of taunting penalties.

I won't lose sleep over it.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
As far as the Giants D overall their not bad and their D-line is said to be one of the better ones in the league.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
As far as the Giants D overall their not bad and their D-line is said to be one of the better ones in the league.

We cooked their defense (they were missing their best corner). We won by 14 and it could have been more.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
A good solid, methodical, boring win.

Not every game needs to be a barnstormer.

2 95 yd td drives.

Need to go hard and find Defense in the offseason.

I have good feelings about the future of this team

Legend
Legend
10-4!!! The passing game is clicking like I haven’t seen since Bernie. The run game struggled a bit but we still ran for over 100 yards.

The defense started off shaky against the run but by the middle of the second quarter they stepped up. Thought we made Colt look like a competent QB. Part of it was all the quick throws. Overall I’m ecstatic with where this team is at.

#gmstrong
1st String
1st String
I'm pleased that the defense stepped up after looking disgraceful in the first few series

Baker is a playmaker and is one of the top QBs at this very moment

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Ten wins.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Would not post. Baker pop culture reference. TLC.

Last edited by Milk Man; 12/21/20 01:23 AM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Saw the refs once again cost us points.

What did Jarvis do? He was celebrating a TD and the other guy ran up and bumped into him while he was doing his celebration.

It's my understanding that when you score a TD the other guys are supposed to walk away, it's not like Jarvis chased him down and didn't even touch the guy or throw the ball at him or anything.

I dunno why they keep hitting him with those ticky tacky penalties.

Legend
Legend
The thing I liked best about this win:

It looked like so many wins that have been notched against CLE for sooo many years: a superior team came into Our House, handled their business, were never really threatened by us... and left with more to do. Wipe the cleats; retool for next week.

Tonight, we treated another NFL team like that.

I hope that Dawgs take a moment to consider how important that is.

Clemdawg, for the extra point:

This has been the most jacked-up football year since the 1987 Replacement Season. COVID has jacked up the professional flow of every team in the NFL, and yet-

For the most part, the teams who were expected to do well pre-CVD, are still expected to make the playoffs during COVID. There have been few surprises in this year, considering all that these players have been put through. Teams like PIT, GB, KC, SEA are expected at the dance. They are there.

And now... believe it or not, the CLE Browns are in the absolute thick of it- with just 2 games remaining.

This team is a surprise to many (outsiders), but it is not a fluke.

What we are witnessing is a prime example of competent, professional football being played in a season where our players and coaches couldn't even introduce themselves to each other with a handshake and in-person eye contact. This high level of football has been produced under the most demanding circumstances to beset any modern team... and ours had to do it while implementing an entirely new infrastructure. Mind = boggled.

Tonight, I was elated to watch Our Team cruise to a late-season victory- on its way to the playoffs. Such a novel experience.

Recent NFL playoff history favors teams that get hot in December. Browns find themselves in uncharted waters, being 'uncomfortably warm' at just the right time. As a 'Dawgwhipped Fan,' I must confess: I don't really know what to do with all of this.

For the first time ever, I'm OK with leaving it in the hands of those who actually present the games to us... and be content to let the chips fall as they may. This season has exceeded any reasonable (and fantastical) expectations I had, so everything we're seeing is just the cake's icing for me.

It feels like I spent the last 20 years riding a clunky subway car, and just transferred onto a high-speed bullet train.

Main point: I think this team is getting primed for years of the kind of football Browns fans have been starving for. The immediate future looks more promising than it has since the Muni Days.

I love it.

A satisfying late-season win, despite all the injury side stories.
Winners find a way to get s# done. Win #10/2020: done.

On to 1-0 next week.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
This season has exceeded any reasonable (and fantastical) expectations I had, so everything we're seeing is just the cake's icing for me.

It feels like I spent the last 20 years riding a clunky subway car, and just transferred onto a high-speed bullet train.

Main point: I think this team is getting primed for years of the kind of football Browns fans have been starving for. The immediate future looks more promising than it has since the Muni Days.
xactly!

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Main concern now is Hubbard and Richardson. Richardson neck x-ray were negative. Hopefully it's not actually a collarbone injury or some kind of nerve injury. As for hubbard, it was reported once he made it to the tunnel he had to ride a golf cart the rest of the way. I have a feeling he has a season ending injury. I certainly hope that's not the case

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Hubbard is extremely valuable. He’s our backup at four different offensive line positions. With that said, Harris played well today and after we drafted him many people said he’s a perfect fit for our offense. Also, Teller’s injury is not season ending and he should be back this week or the following week.

Legend
Legend
Callahan seemed impressed with the kid all through camp, while filling in for Tretter. Harris looked solid tonight for being thrown into the fire.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Apparently Brett Kollman was immediately impressed with Nick when got swapped in.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
oh, this is nice

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Callahan has done such a great job with the OL. He is one of this team’s MVPs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
- Kept the #5 seed. A loss would have dropped us to #8 and on the outside looking in.

- We looked prepared. I was not nervous with the lead as I have been in other games.

- The D looked shaky at first, but only gave up 6 points. That is good. I think addition by subtraction. Sandejo was out, and Mack Wilson was a healthy (I think) scratch. Our weakest links in our weakest parts of the defense.

- But different. I think Sandejo knows what he is supposed to do, he just lacks the ability to do it. Wilson, on the other hand, is 6 pounds of clueless in a 5 pound bag. Maybe not a bust due to draft position, but there were plans of him being a starter. A wasted pick, at the least, if not a bust.

- Was shocked at the lack of a pass rush from us.

- Takitaki, Malcolm Smith, and Goodson have been showing flashes of adequacy.

- Ward, Joseph, and Vernon with good games. Saw a hold called on Vernon, finally.

- Hope Richardson and Hubbard are OK.

- Rookie Harris came in and played well, on the OL. The OL was outstanding.

- Baker has been playing extremely well. Takes the pressure off of the run game. Gives the defense something to think about. They have to respect Chubb and Hunt, but they can also get dissected through the air.

- Higgins with another strong showing.

- Landry with another stupid penalty. Just beat the guy for a TD (and why did Baker not hit Njoku who was in front of Landry and wiiiiide open?) so why do you have to taunt? I get that he has fire and all of that, but there is a line. That missed XP was on Landry. Didn't matter in the end.

- The TEs. So this off-season we heard all about the TEs being a big part of the offense. They are not. What we are doing is working, so there is that. But we signed Hooper to a huge contract, and it is not paying off. He made a couple catches last night, but he is probably the most overpaid guy on the team.

- Njoku had a nice catch on a contested pass.

- Bryant, meh. I am not sure what he brings to the table. This season has shown us that he is not physical enough to play TE in the NFL. He cannot catch contested/50-50 passes. He can catch it when he is alone. He gets the ball poked out too easily when running with it. Last night he catches a ball and is running with it like he's Larry Csonka, both arms wrapping the ball. He needs to do it as that is his only hope for not fumbling, but that hampers the run. IMO - Bryant is a distant 4th wit the TEs. I would prefer to see Carlson out there.

- Bryant also muffed the onside kick. You're on the hands team for a reason.

- One of the announcers mentioned us bringing in 3 TEs means we're running the ball. LOL. I've been watching our TEs block lately. Watching Hooper and Bryant try to block is comical. Since the bye, whenever one of our TEs has an effective block, it's been Njoku. When he is the best blocking TE on the roster ....

- Bryant looks like Jane. Plays like Jane's grandmother.

- Ok, TE rant is over. It's just been disappointing.

- On to the Jets. At least we cannot be their first victory.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I love Stefanski's conservative use of PA. People in the gameday forum kept screaming for it, but if you use it continuously it loses it's effectiveness. It seemed that each time we did go that route it went for a big gain. I remember teams getting hip to it when we had Hoyer the destroyer rolling out every play and shutting him down (but then again Hunt/Chubb warrant more attention thant West/Crowell).

I was so ticked at Collinsworth who kept saying that Baker's only effective when he faces no pressure. He had stats and charts and wouldn't let it go, even toward the end of the game after being proven wrong. When the game started, he was glorifying the Giants D-line as one of the best in the game and it seemed like he couldn't wait until they forced Baker into making mistakes.

I also hope that Garrett gets his wind back. He's always huffing and puffing, but after the COVID ordeal he is really suffering out there.

Last edited by jfanent; 12/21/20 08:44 AM. Reason: add diddy about Garrett

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Very good read Cap.
I don't agree on ya TE assessment but I agree with the rest.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
Legend
Legend
Quote:
and why did Baker not hit Njoku who was in front of Landry and wiiiiide open?

Baker said that he saw Njoku stumble, so he came off to Jarvis.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Quote:
and why did Baker not hit Njoku who was in front of Landry and wiiiiide open?

Baker said that he saw Njoku stumble, so he came off to Jarvis.

That makes a lot of sense. I did not see that happen, but I am glad to hear Baker is paying closer attention than I am. Can't argue with the result.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
10 wins baby!!!

And baker was lighting they asses up! I swear every game he gets more and more confident with his throws.

That TD pass to Landry in the back of the end zone was a straight up heat check.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Video is blocked by the NFL. I assume that Jarvis said something unnecessary which started it, which is why he got the taunting call.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
If you click on the video, you can view it on YouTube.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 20 Giants 6 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard