Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Xanthros
Browns’ Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, Donovan Peoples-Jones, KhaDarel Hodge, B.J. Goodson, Jacob Phillips on COVID-19 list and out for Jets game

This is going to be a tough test on a team trending up. Baker will have to show up this week.

Go Browns

Wouldn't it be great if Willies gets called up and comes through big.
Or, All the regular receivers test negative too!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I can't take it!!! I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! banghead notallthere

Stay out of my foxhole.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
You got it pal!! thumbsup

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
IF all those receivers are out I guess it's a safe bet we'll see Marvin Hall suit up. Interesting.

Legend
Legend
Browns’ Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, Donovan Peoples-Jones, KhaDarel Hodge, B.J. Goodson, Jacob Phillips on COVID-19 list and out for Jets game

This is going to be a tough test on a team trending up. Baker will have to show up this week.

Go Browns

I'm assuming all of the WR were close contact exposure with Goodson....
We should not be allowing every starting player from any single unit hang out together outside of the practice facility.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

Go Browns

I'm assuming all of the WR were close contact exposure with Goodson....
We should not be allowing every starting player from any single unit hang out together outside of the practice facility.

It’s against the NFL’s rules.

P
Legend
Legend
P
OL is in tack except Teller and we have Chubb and Hunt and Baker and we have Njoku, Hooper, and Bryant and Willies isn't bad so we will have to see ???

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: BADdog
I'm just asking why was the ravens game delayed and delayed

Because they had a ton of positive tests and the positives were not slowing down. We have one positive test. Positive tests by multiple people for multiple days is very different than close contacts.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We've been put in a difficult position but we have a HC and a QB that will find a way to deal with this. KS is smart and has shown poise this year and Baker has pride and will take this as another challenge to overcome. This team has lot more confidence now than they did at the beginning of the season. I don't know how things will come out but I know this team will fight.

L
Legend
Legend
L
The coaching staff has their hands full, trying to improvise. I doubt our offensive coaches have given much thought to what happens when you’re WR unit is decimated, on short notice. But now that I think of it, they probably have thought about a scenario like this.

We’ll beat the Jets anyway, as long as we can get to the stadium, and get the game started with enough players.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Nothing like a little drama. And this is NOTHING like a LITTLE drama.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Well, 10-6 is still a pretty good year!!! thumbsup

T
Legend
Legend
T
! thumbsup

Dude, I've never felt further away from you than that statement.

I'd just delete that post.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Did the Browns fly to New Jersey?

Is the Game going to be played tomorrow at 1 pm or not?

Legend
Legend
Yes we are en route ... game on for 1pm

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
At this juncture they need to be getting the vaccines.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
At this juncture they need to be getting the vaccines.

Over the frontline workers? That’s a hard no.

C
Legend
Legend
C

T
Legend
Legend
T
Kevin Johnson CB, can line up a wr
Karl Joseph Cb can line up at wr
Case Keenum can line up at wr
Baker Mayfield can line up a WR with Keenum in a qb.

Derrick Willies WR can line up at WR
and Marvin Hall can line up at WR.

Bryant TE can line up as a WR.
Which elevates Carlson TE to next TE.

Same with Hooper, and Njoku.

D'Ernest Johnson can line up at Wr
or take next spot if Hunt or Chubb do.

Then there are Terrence Mitchell,
and Ward
and Tedrick and Sendejo can take their place a few snaps.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I can no longer stand your posts. Say hello to SuperBrown.

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

They always provide a great laugh, great entertainment for me.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I don’t.

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dave
Play the game. Let the chips fall where they may. No excuses.

Cause there is nothing better than setting your Ferrari on fire because it ran out of washer fluid.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The NFL is not about excuses. It is about overcoming adversity. If you make mistakes they can kill your season.

Why were WRs having a close contact with LBs? The NFL has protocols that involve players not being around other players except at certain times. If members of the team broke those protocols, then they hurt the team and the rest of the team needs to buck up and try to cover the mistake.

Fussing and whining does nothing to help, the Browns play the Jets tomorrow. It is what it is, and they need to find a way to win.

I will say I am glad this didn't happen a week (or two) later.

J
Legend
Legend
J
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

You must be starved for entertainment. Seriously.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: JulesDawg
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

You must be starved for entertainment. Seriously.

Not really, life's pretty good to me.

However I do enjoy a dark comedy from time to time. grin

C
Legend
Legend
C
Remember how bad we were when we had one win? That’s the Jets right now. San Darnold has started ten games and has six touchdown passes. He is averaging 176 yards per game.

If we lose it’s not because of COVID, it’s because we crapped the bed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Remember how bad we were when we had one win? That’s the Jets right now. San Darnold has started ten games and has six touchdown passes. He is averaging 176 yards per game.

If we lose it’s not because of COVID, it’s because we crapped the bed.

I agree, if the script were flipped as it has been so many times over past history. We would still think we didn't have a chance if we were in their shoes.

But I can't blame some of our fans for feeling this way. I've been very negative over the years only because I'm scared to think positive because the losses only hurt more when I started to believe.

And I can only think back to week 16 of 2007 when all we had to do is beat the lowly Bengals to clinch a spot and DA threw 4 picks. I went to the game since I only live 45 minutes away from Cincinnati. It was such a painful loss, all the crap I had to hear as I walked back to the car after that....

So I'm still kind of scared, but something about this team feels so different. The coaching, the players.. I think we will overcome the adversity this time.

C
Legend
Legend
C
The Browns panic DNA is strong.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Waited all week hoping nothing like this would come down and sure as hell it did. Just wiped out our entire receiver corps and starting MIKE (defensive signal caller) in the blink of an eye. Already down Teller which hurts the run game big time and of course Wills is hanging by a thread.

There is some hope here. The Jets are out Quinnen Williams, and he is a beast for them ranking 15th overall for interior defenders per PFF and 10th against the run (he's been even more disruptive than those grades suggest as well). For those that think the Browns can just line up and run the ball down any NFL team's throat, it doesn't work that way. That, and the Jets rank 8th in DVOA against the rush, they are absolutely not a pushover in the run game, but Williams was a massive part of their success in that area. They rank 29th in DVOA against the pass, and that was no doubt the game plan coming in without Teller -- and Williams out for them -- throw the ball to set up the run. Similar to the Giants game and many others except for those 3 bad weather bastards that set the entire offense back. This team has to have the threat of the passing game to set up the running game the way they want it, it's not "just line up and run down their throats with 10 boxers".

The other thing is this is very short notice. The coaching staff is under extreme duress here to come up with an alternative game plan using guys off the street at WR. There is absolutely no way these guys are going to all know the playbook to the point the Browns could somewhat run their original planned scheme, even if they wanted to. Jarvis would have ate these guys for lunch this week, he was ready for a go off game against slot corner Guidry as was and that dude is doubtful now as well.

That said, the Jets are undoubtedly going to load the box and most likely blitz like crazy. Browns are going to need to utilize all 4 TEs throughout the game heavily, along with Chubb and Hunt in 2 back sets where Hunt slots out or tries to isolate a backer. I picture a very short passing game and a lot of boot/rollouts using misdirection and having the WRs who do play try to settle in zones. Baker will still need to take some pokes downfield and there could me some opportunities there if the Jets start getting too box heavy and their safeties try to make a bunch of hero plays. Look for a lot of screens to both the backs and the TEs. Also, this could be a seam breaker game for Njoku (if he hangs onto the ball)

The defense should be able to hang okay but the Jets are showing signs of an offense. They schemed the Rams by getting the ball out quick and it worked, so they will no doubt do that against us to keep our Dline at bay. That means the Browns will have to be somewhat aggressive and not allow easy completions underneath, which opens up getting beat downfield.

This is a whole new game now and one I still expect to win, but the caveat is the Browns can ill afford to shoot themselves in the foot. They need to play a clean, efficient game on both sides of the ball and hopefully either win or not get killed in the turnover battle.

If the Browns go in and take care of business, they will get even more respect nationally than they have already. The Jets just went across country and beat a playoff team with a top 5 defense in their house, so this game is not a pushover whatsoever. Let's hope we don't have flag happy refs, penalties will be much harder to overcome.

This is a game that will go down in Browns lore if we win it -- especially win it going away -- regardless what happens and who plays next week against the Puke.

"Does Howdy Doody got Wooden balls, man?"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Chill people! We got this. It's all just part of the story of the 2020 Browns rising from the ashes like a phoenix.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Betting line just re-posted after being off the board.

Browns went from -9.5 to -7. Vegas still says Browns win w/o much sweat.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Chill people! We got this. It's all just part of the story of the 2020 Browns rising from the ashes like a phoenix.

Don't sweat those guys. One of them pizzed and moaned and whined while predicting a loss in every game and series leading to the Cavs Championship. There's not a person on earth that would enjoy watching a game with someone acting like that, so they come here and hide behind a keyboard to spout that crap.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

All thread titles should be web links.

It worked well enough to get you to click on it. Mission accomplished.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
If we can’t run against the Jets loading the box then we don’t deserve to win.

Hat on a hat.
Beat your man.
Be the bully.
Win the game.

It's football... in December.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Quote:
There's not a person on earth that would enjoy watching a game with someone acting like that

"Hey, guys! Great party! The jams are slappin', the girls are smokin', and the only thing that's missing from the punch bowl is a turd or two floatin' around. We can fix this problem!!!"

smdh.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
If we're going to lose some of our starting players I'd rather see it delayed a few days.

That's what I'm saying, say we lose Goodson + 5 other starters that would not be fair to a team in the Playoff chase ...

ECCLESIASTES 9:11

I returned and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither bread to the wise, nor riches to men of understanding, nor favor to men of skill; but time and chance happen to them all.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
A Nor'eastern develops the day before the Jets game....
WR's will not be a factor as the wind conditions are too severe....
Sound familiar?
O Staff goes to the Weather Package.... we have to have one.... now if only we had a Great TE and RB Core... oh wait....

The weather in East Rutherford will be cool and seasonable. Skies will be partly cloudy to start the game, progressing to mostly sunny as the game wears on. Winds will be light and variable at 5 - 10 mph out of the southwest throughout the game.

If only Baker could spread it around...oh wait...

MIKE goes down the day before the game.... OH NO.... oh wait.... I think we prepared for this.... plus Ward is back.....

I still see a WIN...
If we can't win this one we have no reason to be in the Playoffs.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 16 Jets 23 https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-fl ight-to-new-jersey-delayed-followi ng-positive-covid-19-test

Link Copied to Clipboard