Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
This loss sucks but, man, this team was put in a very tough place just 24 hours ago.

And if that happens, whats the next best thing that can happen? Oh I dont know, maybe play the worst team in the league. Everything lined up for the Browns to deliver. They choked. Not one player stepped up and made a play.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I think you’re over-reacting. I also don’t think the Jets are playing like the worst team in the league.

Last edited by lampdogg; 12/27/20 05:36 PM.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
If we beat Pitts’ next week we’re in. - And I like our odds considering we’lll most likely be playing against their back ups.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I think you’re over-reacting. I also don’t think the Jets are playing like the worst team in the league.

How am I over reacting?

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
This loss sucks but, man, this team was put in a very tough place just 24 hours ago.

And if that happens, whats the next best thing that can happen? Oh I dont know, maybe play the worst team in the league. Everything lined up for the Browns to deliver. They choked. Not one player stepped up and made a play.

I agree with this, especially on defense.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
Beating the Steelers next week will guarantee a playoff spot!

No, it does not.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
If you break protocols, you risk the current and following week. Our players didn’t care enough about the season to follow the guidelines. It will be the reason we don’t make the playoffs and the entire league will laugh at us for being losers. And we are. Pathetic.

Screw this team. I hope the get shutout next week.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Got to give the Offense a bye for the most part. Defense continues to be the weak link. We will be fixing that in the off season.

Overall team was in a bad spot missing 2 starting Oline as well as our WR at 5:00 the day before. Still in it, just need to win next week and see where the cards lay.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
This team is a very soft 10-5. Our losses were from good teams or games where there was pressure. And we ALWAYS blow it.

Covid wasn't the reason we lost - we were playing the worst team in the league. If you can't beat them, you don't belong, period. If Mayfield has 3 different chances to win the game and blows everyone, he doesn't belong, period.

Ben does it. Tom does it. Mahommes does it. Baker does not.

This team is nowhere near as close as they appear. We had an extremely easy schedule. Nothing more.

See you all next year when we assume the the position and humiliate ourselves all over again.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I understand the injuries and lack of talent, I am not a fan of Joe Woods.and his schemes and playcalling one bit.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Jets D played tough - our O was decimated. It was the perfect storm. It sucks balls. Take a breath and on to next week is all we can do. If we don't beat PIT then we dont deserve it.

At least our season lasts another week...maybe more.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Lamm and Harris got worked today.

Agreed. Harris more than Lamm, IMO.

Tackles are tackles.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Yes the browns sucked today and were horrible on both sides of the ball. Stefanski waiting till too late to call the plays that just about everyone knew were better than the ones he was calling. The screens, outside runs, dink and dunk. Alot falls on him, but Joe woods is trash. Either you aren't good at teaching your scheme, or you're calling the wrong plays with how bad we were getting beat. And Baker with his ball control is just unacceptable but goes back to stefanski. No way we should be doing that on a 4 and 1 with game on line...give it to your RB's that are built for that and can hang on to the ball.

But aside all that, and the BS that the NFL allowed this game to happen, it all goes back to what i said in the Covid post. These guys need to be more accountable for their actions. They are all millionaires playing meaningful games with thousands depending on their best ability, availablility. Stay the F home, don't go out in public, have groceries delivered and cook at home, postpone or send a representative to charity events. Just ISOLATE like you're supposed to. Its not hard. From the team standpoint we obviously aren't doing enough.. Why in the hell would a multi billion dollar organization not have the ability to provide socially distanced therapy. Browns have handled this worse than most teams have and it came back to bite them.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
R
Legend
Legend
R
Baker did not deliver. Plain and simple.

Extremely disappointing.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

Definitely a choke job. The Jets didn't even play well. Darnold had 175 yards, 3.9 yards per carry.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
We still are not nearly as good as Pittsburgh or Baltimore, especially when something is on the line.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: DaveyD
I understand the injuries and lack of talent, I am not a fan of Joe Woods.and his schemes and playcalling one bit.

All three TDs were on broken coverages. He never has that unit ready to play.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Sadly I have to agree. It's a maturation processs?

Legend
Legend

Extremely disappointing.

Chubb & Hunt screwed us, too.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1st String
1st String
i really thought we'd pull that one out. a damn fumble ends the game?!!? im so sick from that.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P

Extremely disappointing.

Baker got a lot better than last year. I think he is trending in the right direction. We. were down about 4 or 5 starters this game.

Our main problems are defense and Stefanski's game management.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Felt cute decided to put the ball on 4th down in the hands of a quarterback who runs as fast as Bernie Kosar when we have the 6th best RB in the NFL - Kevin Stefanski

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
The Browns are losers. Seems like they always will be.

Baker had multiple opportunities to put the team on his back and deliver the first playoffs in nearly 20 years and repeatedly failed. He's the one who told the fans to adjust their expectations. He should deliver on them then.

This team gets what they deserve. You want the playoffs. Then win.
There has been tremendous improvement. They are not losers. They've won 10 games and are still in the hunt. Improve the LB core and we should be SB contenders next season.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Berry has his work cutout for him. Not alot of keepers on defense. Baker still has to prove he can bring the team along. Just saying that you give Tom brady the same oline and same weapons baker had today and he puts up 30+ on them. Its just the ability to hit a moving target mentally to know that what you've done before isn't going to work now and how to adjust your approach

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
The Browns are losers. Seems like they always will be.

Baker had multiple opportunities to put the team on his back and deliver the first playoffs in nearly 20 years and repeatedly failed. He's the one who told the fans to adjust their expectations. He should deliver on them then.

This team gets what they deserve. You want the playoffs. Then win.
There has been tremendous improvement. They are not losers. They've won 10 games and are still in the hunt. Improve the LB core and we should be SB contenders next season.

Hush. The rabid don't want to hear logic and truth. They want to vent and froth.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
We still are not nearly as good as Pittsburgh or Baltimore, especially when something is on the line.

This.

Prime time, an important win, any game against good teams, rats or stoolers - all losses with this team. Never any different.

We would have been humiliated in the playoffs. Totally humiliated. Nowhere close to those teams.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Honestly, im not mad. The game was very entertaining and frustrating. This is a learning game for the coaching staff, players, and fans.

I think we have some talent on the practice squad.
I
#nextmanup

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Felt cute decided to put the ball on 4th down in the hands of a quarterback who runs as fast as Bernie Kosar when we have the 6th best RB in the NFL - Kevin Stefanski

QB sneaks are the most efficient play in the league. They basically always work. The QB has to hold on to the ball.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
They did just what I said they would do. Get back in the game only to fall short and break our hearts again. Really bad!! Forget about the playoffs unless you want to get kicked in the stomach again next week.

L
Legend
Legend
L
we dont' have the defense to compete in playoffs yet. We still don't have that leader/glue type. Myles ain't it.. He's a great pass rusher but he's not that impactful and hes not a vocal leader. We need a ray lewis type. someone to light that fire when things get rough

S
All Pro
All Pro
S

As good as our back are, they still get stuffed in short yardage all of the time, and with two holes on the line, it only makes it more difficult.

The QB needs to be able to hold onto the ball when running the sneak. It's that simple.

R
Legend
Legend
R

Extremely disappointing.

Baker got a lot better than last year. I think he is trending in the right direction. We. were down about 4 or 5 starters this game.

100% Baker is the guy moving forward. Has had a great year and really improved.

We needed him to be Superman today. He was just mortal. Winning QBs would have been Superman with so much on the line. Is Baker a winner? I don't know. He had multiple shots at game winning drives. I'm not big on criticizing QBs for fumbling, especially when they are hanging in the pocket to make throws. But the last one is just inexcusable. It literally made the difference between winning and losing. If you're a winner, you don't fumble there.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

QB sneaks are the most efficient play in the league. They basically always work. The QB has to hold on to the ball.

Baker has now fumbled like 2 or 3 times doing this. He should not have the ball when the game is on the line.

Side note... the ball was fumbled backwards. We should have been allowed to advance it.

97% sure anyway

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

The problem is, given our penchant for analytics, that this has happened to Baker more than once. The safe play would be hand it off

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Honestly, im not mad. The game was very entertaining and frustrating. This is a learning game for the coaching staff, players, and fans.

I
#nextmanup

Browns Fans don't need to learn how to lose anymore. We are the most experienced fans in that regard of any professional sports team in existence.

All Pro
All Pro
Welp...up to Pittsburgh to save us two weeks in a row, lol.

This one was tough, but a win next week and we are the 7 seed over the eventual 11-5 Colts.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By: RedBaron
Welp...up to Pittsburgh to save us two weeks in a row, lol.

This one was tough, but a win next week and we are the 7 seed over the eventual 11-5 Colts.

This is not true. We need unlikely help along with a win. And we won't win. So....

L
Legend
Legend
L

Extremely disappointing.

100% Baker is the guy moving forward. Has had a great year and really improved.

We needed him to be Superman today. He was just mortal. Winning QBs would have been Superman with so much on the line. Is Baker a winner? I don't know. He had multiple shots at game winning drives. I'm not big on criticizing QBs for fumbling, especially when they are hanging in the pocket to make throws. But the last one is just inexcusable. It literally made the difference between winning and losing. If you're a winner, you don't fumble there.

yep, Guys like Brady, won superbowls with less talent on offense that we put out there today. I think Baker is good when the conditions are perfect. Running game working, getting his league best 3+ seconds to scan the field and good playcalling. The minute that starts to falter you learn alot about what you have.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: redddog

I
#nextmanup

Browns Fans don't need to learn how to lose anymore. We are the most experienced fans in that regard of any professional sports team in existence.

Yep, the moral victors are going to be out in full force.

J
Rookie
Rookie
J
Fumble 1 Definition.
A ball that is intentionally muffed, and goes forward or backward, is a batted ball (12-1-8). ... If the player loses possession after he has tucked the ball into his body, it is a fumble.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 16 Jets 23 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard