Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend

Disgusted. Like sick to my stomach.

Knew all the BS would be on the Board.

Harris was abused. So was Lamm.

Reality. 5th, 6th,and 7th string receivers.

Harris third string guard. Lamm third string LT behind Wills and Hubbard.

Eight starters out of the game.
Hard to win with that against any team.

The last play was a mistake on KS. He should have called a timeout. The DL was not the same as when Baker went for the fourth down. They were zeroed in on the sneak.

Wrong play. Go with Hunt behind the fullback.
Or, spread them out with an empty backfield let Baker throw or run a QB draw.

We had chances but the reality was we did not have the players to execute.

Blown coverage on trips right. Joseph gets picked.
Ward blew a coverage as well.

We are a good team. But not good enough to miss that many starters.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: redddog
Originally Posted By: RedBaron
Welp...up to Pittsburgh to save us two weeks in a row, lol.

This one was tough, but a win next week and we are the 7 seed over the eventual 11-5 Colts.

This is not true. We need unlikely help along with a win. And we won't win. So....

Yes, it is true. A win next week guarantees at least the 7 seed over the 11-5 Colts.

No "help" is needed.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: RememberMuni
If we beat Pitts’ next week we’re in. - And I like our odds considering we’lll most likely be playing against their back ups.
If we beat Pitts’ next week we’re in. - And I like our odds considering we’lll most likely be playing against their back ups.

As much as I like this to be true it is not true.. we need Miami Baltimore or the Colts to lose next week with a win

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
J
Rookie
Rookie
J
He fumbled it forwards, it hit a lineman and went backwards where Hunt grabbed it.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Questions about competitve balance have to come up. NFL said that if something like this happened they'd add an 8th team to playoffs.. This makes a good case for that especially if we have people still out next week. Because theres no way they think we would have lost to this team at full strength. Its the NFL shoddy protocols that don't account for this

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Post game thoughts: Thank you NFL for AGAIN demonstrating your bias in making any decisions. The Browns were given ZERO days for the guys who were added YESTERDAY to practice. ZERO days. What could possibly go wrong with the loss of their LT and FOUR top WRs? Yeah, a team should be expected to just add FOUR guys off the street and compete with ZERO days of practice. Sure they should. I'm sure the RAVENS would have been asked to do that. Oh wait, their game got pushed back HOW MANY TIMES?

Screw you NFL. Screw you Goodell. I better not see one game pushed back going forward given your decision today. And I better not see the words COMPETITIVE BALANCE used in ANY excuse given for any game being pushed back. You are nothing more than cheaters and hypocrites.

Yes, the Browns had their chances today. And yes, they are probably getting run off the field in the playoffs. The point is they got CHEATED out of their chance. And that is BS.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
The Browns are losers. Seems like they always will be.

Baker had multiple opportunities to put the team on his back and deliver the first playoffs in nearly 20 years and repeatedly failed. He's the one who told the fans to adjust their expectations. He should deliver on them then.

This team gets what they deserve. You want the playoffs. Then win.

It's a team game. He didn't have a running game, the pass protection was poor, penalties constantly put him in a hole, and there were way too many drops by the TEs. Plenty of blame to go around.

The refs and NFL added some extra challenges. I personally did not expect the Browns to win this when I saw the news about the Covid absences.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I think you’re over-reacting. I also don’t think the Jets are playing like the worst team in the league.

You think?? LOL

Of course he is. He has been like that for a few seasons now.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Felt cute decided to put the ball on 4th down in the hands of a quarterback who runs as fast as Bernie Kosar when we have the 6th best RB in the NFL - Kevin Stefanski

QB sneaks are the most efficient play in the league. They basically always work. The QB has to hold on to the ball.

Baker has now fumbled like 2 or 3 times doing this. He should not have the ball when the game is on the line.

Side note... the ball was fumbled backwards. We should have been allowed to advance it.

97% sure anyway

I thought the same thing, I only thought that rule was put in place because of the holy roller.

Puzzled.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Felt cute decided to put the ball on 4th down in the hands of a quarterback who runs as fast as Bernie Kosar when we have the 6th best RB in the NFL - Kevin Stefanski

QB sneaks are the most efficient play in the league. They basically always work. The QB has to hold on to the ball.

Baker has now fumbled like 2 or 3 times doing this. He should not have the ball when the game is on the line.

Side note... the ball was fumbled backwards. We should have been allowed to advance it.

97% sure anyway

Since it was 4th down I think only the person who fumbled it can recover it.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg

As much as I like this to be true it is not true.. we need Miami Baltimore or the Colts to lose next week with a win

Okay I was wrong! All we have to do is win I'll take that. We will win if we get our receivers back and maybe one offensive lineman. We can do that

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
At the end of the day our offense wet the bed. We had our chances to make plays and get the lead but didn’t.

3 fumbles is 3 fumbles.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: pfm1963

97% sure anyway

Since it was 4th down I think only the person who fumbled it can recover it.

ding ding ding...this was even said by announcers, as soon as baker fumbled, if he doesn't recover, regardless who does, it goes back to the spot of the fumble, which we were short of Line to gain

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
Beating the Steelers next week will guarantee a playoff spot!

No, it does not.

I was just saying the same thing. I think they may be right I just ran it in the nfl website and it may be true

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Beating the Steelers next week will guarantee a playoff spot!

No, it does not.
yes it does. Although we lost to the Jets today we are in the 7th spot. If the season ended today we are in. Indy lost today and are 10-5. If we win and they win next week we will both be 11-5 and we win the tie breaker because we beat them. If we lose and they win next week we are out.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Reality. 5th, 6th,and 7th string receivers. + No reps with Baker clearly.

Harris third string guard. Lamm third string LT behind Wills and Hubbard. + And a liability in pass protection and zero ability to create running lanes.

Eight starters out of the game.

And Myles Garrett clearly still struggling from Covid and playing at maybe 75% of himself.

The last play was a mistake on KS. He should have called a timeout.

Agree and added a couple things.

The D has been bad all year. Giving up those big TDs on D today with blown coverage was awful .... I could understand or forgive those wide open recievers if we were blitzing the snot out of Darnold ... but we weren't.

10-5 and a winning season despite all the obstacles. No need to panic.

10-5 with a chance to secure a playoff birth with a win over the Steelers. No need to panic.

10-5 with Baker having improved in so many areas over the course of the season. No need to panic on the back of a game with 8 starters out - 6 of them on offense.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
T
Legend
Legend
T
GC.
I think, at least I'm glad
they won't be at that, first howard stern movie word, vacuuming word, stadium next week.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Swish
At the end of the day our offense wet the bed. We had our chances to make plays and get the lead but didn’t.

3 fumbles is 3 fumbles.

This. Losers are going to lose.

Mayfield told the fans to adjust their expectations. He said for the first time he's not making off season plans after game 16 (seems comical he would say that now; what an idiot for assuming they would make the playoffs).

And then didn't deliver.

Losers lose. The whole team is full of them.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Berry has his work cutout for him. Not alot of keepers on defense. Baker still has to prove he can bring the team along. Just saying that you give Tom brady the same oline and same weapons baker had today and he puts up 30+ on them. Its just the ability to hit a moving target mentally to know that what you've done before isn't going to work now and how to adjust your approach
where do you get this stuff?! All of our receivers were down with practice squad receivers activated yesterday with no practice.. missing two offensive linemen and you think Brady would have done better!!!

M
Legend
Legend
M

We clearly should cut Baker, gut the team and start over.

Man - only in Cleveland.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg
Berry has his work cutout for him. Not alot of keepers on defense. Baker still has to prove he can bring the team along. Just saying that you give Tom brady the same oline and same weapons baker had today and he puts up 30+ on them. Its just the ability to hit a moving target mentally to know that what you've done before isn't going to work now and how to adjust your approach
where do you get this stuff?! All of our receivers were down with practice squad receivers activated yesterday with no practice.. missing two offensive linemen and you think Brady would have done better!!!

Have you not watched brady last 20 years.. he has done better.

P
Legend
Legend
P

3 fumbles is 3 fumbles.

Mayfield told the fans to adjust their expectations. He said for the first time he's not making off season plans after game 16 (seems comical he would say that now; what an idiot for assuming they would make the playoffs).

And then didn't deliver.

Why do you root for this team superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
S
All Pro
All Pro
S
Originally Posted By: Jeremy2020
He fumbled it forwards, it hit a lineman and went backwards where Hunt grabbed it.

I watched it again. I see the ball only go backwards. I don't know what caused it to come out, it looks like nobody touched the ball, he just lost control of it and it squirted backwards.

I don't think the rules of the NFL really have a way to distinguish whether that should be considered a lateral or a fumble.

L
Legend
Legend
L
if it was 1, 2, or 3rd down then play would have stood with hunt advancing.. it was 4th under 2 minutes..different rules

B
Legend
Legend
B

3 fumbles is 3 fumbles.

And then didn't deliver.

LOL

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

3 fumbles is 3 fumbles.

And then didn't deliver.

Do you enjoy moral victories?

I don’t.

We got dealt a crappy hand today. We had the perfect counter. We got the worst team in the league. If you're going to get dealt a crappy hand, that's a nice situation to be in. The QB told the fans they need to start adjusting our expectations and expect better, then crapped the bed.

What am I supposed to be rooting for?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

Baker had multiple opportunities to put the team on his back and deliver the first playoffs in nearly 20 years and repeatedly failed. He's the one who told the fans to adjust their expectations. He should deliver on them then.

There has been tremendous improvement. They are not losers. They've won 10 games and are still in the hunt. Improve the LB core and we should be SB contenders next season.

I call on this. Brady has looked awful under pressure this year. Today, he would have been under pressure. Look, the situation wasn't ideal, we laid a collective egg. However, to ignore the strides made is foolish. We need to keep building though. 1-0. 1-0.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P

3 fumbles is 3 fumbles.

And then didn't deliver.

Do you enjoy moral victories?

I don’t.

We got dealt a crappy hand today. We had the perfect counter. We got the worst team in the league. If you're going to get dealt a crappy hand, that's a nice situation to be in. The QB told the fans they need to start adjusting our expectations and expect better, then crapped the bed.

What am I supposed to be rooting for?

2nd worst team. Jags are the worst.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

The problem is, given our penchant for analytics, that this has happened to Baker more than once. The safe play would be hand it off
and if they had stuffed that you'd say why didn't they sneak it!

1st String
1st String
do we get automatically if we win next week?

Last edited by 85_Browns_Queen; 12/27/20 06:10 PM.
Swish #1832607 12/27/20 06:10 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
No need to feel bad. You started this type of thread. Others seem to be in a hurry to get it posted for you.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: redddog
Originally Posted By: RedBaron
Welp...up to Pittsburgh to save us two weeks in a row, lol.

This one was tough, but a win next week and we are the 7 seed over the eventual 11-5 Colts.

This is not true. We need unlikely help along with a win. And we won't win. So....
all we have to do is win. Use the NFL playoffs website. We are the 7th seed with a win

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: drobs

There has been tremendous improvement. They are not losers. They've won 10 games and are still in the hunt. Improve the LB core and we should be SB contenders next season.

I call on this. Brady has looked awful under pressure this year. Today, he would have been under pressure. Look, the situation wasn't ideal, we laid a collective egg. However, to ignore the strides made is foolish. We need to keep building though. 1-0. 1-0.

Yet at 43 years old he set TB team records for TD's thrown in season, has his team clinched a playoff spot and setting team records on offense..at 43..

Legend
Legend
I’m seeing conflicting reports about next week.

If we win are we in?

Or do we need help?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: 85_Browns_Queen
do we get automatically if we win next week?

Yes

#gmstrong
1st String
1st String

3 fumbles is 3 fumbles.

And then didn't deliver.

he's in his feelings (as many are after this game).

Swish #1832615 12/27/20 06:12 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Every time Baker tries to sneak the ball he fumbles.

DBs and LBs suck. That reminds me of the Browns a couple of years ago.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

If we win are we in?

Or do we need help?

If we win we’re in. If we lose we need help

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: drobs

Yet at 43 years old he set TB team records for TD's thrown in season, has his team clinched a playoff spot and setting team records on offense..at 43..

You choose to ignore my point I will respectfully ignore yours. We are all here to see the Browns win.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

If we win are we in?

Or do we need help?
Yes, if we win we are in and don't need help.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 16 Jets 23 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard