Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I’m seeing conflicting reports about next week.

If we win are we in?

Or do we need help?
Yes.

:lol:

EDIT: Apologies, no idea how to do emoticons. I did laugh out loud at that post, my son would be proud at my reference laugh

Last edited by drobs; 12/27/20 06:18 PM.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: drobs
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
I’m seeing conflicting reports about next week.

If we win are we in?

Or do we need help?
Yes.

:lol:
Fixed it.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: leadtheway
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg
Berry has his work cutout for him. Not alot of keepers on defense. Baker still has to prove he can bring the team along. Just saying that you give Tom brady the same oline and same weapons baker had today and he puts up 30+ on them. Its just the ability to hit a moving target mentally to know that what you've done before isn't going to work now and how to adjust your approach
where do you get this stuff?! All of our receivers were down with practice squad receivers activated yesterday with no practice.. missing two offensive linemen and you think Brady would have done better!!!

Have you not watched brady last 20 years.. he has done better.
I don't think I've seen Brady play while missing he 4 starting WR with receivers he didn't have a week of practice with. Must have missed that. When was it?

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
So, genuine question - we win are we in?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
yes!

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend

Yes

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Yes.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: Swish
At the end of the day our offense wet the bed. We had our chances to make plays and get the lead but didn’t.

3 fumbles is 3 fumbles.

This. Losers are going to lose.

Mayfield told the fans to adjust their expectations. He said for the first time he's not making off season plans after game 16 (seems comical he would say that now; what an idiot for assuming they would make the playoffs).

And then didn't deliver.

Losers lose. The whole team is full of them.

Losers don't have more wins than loses. You arent by definition making a statement that is a fact, period. We've played bad football and missed some oppurtunities, but we're winners this year. That is a fact, not your statement.

I'm grateful for Browns football.
Legend
Legend
I’d feel much better had we just WON today haha

I’d also feel much better if we were playing any other team in the NFL next week besides Pittsburgh

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Duty #1832639 12/27/20 06:24 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
Every time Baker tries to sneak the ball he fumbles.

That isn't true. Just today I saw him sneak it at least 2 times for a 1st down without issue.

Just saying.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
L
Legend
Legend
L
getting outcoached by adam gase, you should resign

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Let's just go and win next week. One more week of anticipation. Against the sweetest of rivals. I mean, man - come on - getting to the playoffs against the Jets or beating Pit at home? Sheeeesh!

(I lie - I wanted the former)

Last edited by drobs; 12/27/20 06:26 PM.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: KyDawg
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Originally Posted By: Swish
At the end of the day our offense wet the bed. We had our chances to make plays and get the lead but didn’t.

3 fumbles is 3 fumbles.

This. Losers are going to lose.

Mayfield told the fans to adjust their expectations. He said for the first time he's not making off season plans after game 16 (seems comical he would say that now; what an idiot for assuming they would make the playoffs).

And then didn't deliver.

Losers lose. The whole team is full of them.

Losers don't have more wins than loses. You arent by definition making a statement that is a fact, period. We've played bad football and missed some oppurtunities, but we're winners this year. That is a fact, not your statement.

Moral victory time.

Legend
Legend
We were in stand we lost it on the field. This wasn't a playoff team. Question the game plan.

We abandon the run early on, to throw poorly, so we emphasize that. With the NFL's 1-2 punch running, we throw at them instead of establishing the run more first. Our D held for us.
We can't kick extras again. And BM loafs his drops and pumps and fidgets. He did not look mobile or mentally prepared. This was an unarguable opportunity inexplicably squandered.

Yahoo. flamingmad

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
One guy who’s really hit the wall to me is Bryant. Ever since his fumble issues he seems really frail ... I don’t trust him at all

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Let's just go and win next week. One more week of anticipation. Against the sweetest of rivals. I mean, man - come on - getting to the playoffs against the Jets or beating Pit at home? Sheeeesh!

(I lie - I wanted the former)

I wanted to wrap it up today as well, but it didn't happen, so, lets do it next week.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Felt cute decided to put the ball on 4th down in the hands of a quarterback who runs as fast as Bernie Kosar when we have the 6th best RB in the NFL - Kevin Stefanski

QB sneaks are the most efficient play in the league. They basically always work. The QB has to hold on to the ball.

Baker has now fumbled like 2 or 3 times doing this. He should not have the ball when the game is on the line.

Side note... the ball was fumbled backwards. We should have been allowed to advance it.

97% sure anyway

Since it was 4th down I think only the person who fumbled it can recover it.

ding ding ding...this was even said by announcers, as soon as baker fumbled, if he doesn't recover, regardless who does, it goes back to the spot of the fumble, which we were short of Line to gain

It was because it was in the last 2 minutes, not because of the down.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
This was a bad loss. However, all is not lost. We win next week we will be in. We should have most of the 8 starters\contributers back.The sky didn't fall

#gmstrong
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
This was a bad loss. However, all is not lost. We win next week we will be in. We should have most of the 8 starters\contributers back.The sky didn't fall

It fell.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
J/C - If we can't come out like it's a burning building next week then, yeah, then we have questions. Beating Pit at home, regardless, is a minimum expectation. Stay safe all week, all you fine, fine people. We are closer than we are far away. I truly believe that.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I’d feel much better had we just WON today haha

I’d also feel much better if we were playing any other team in the NFL next week besides Pittsburgh

Nail hit on the head. Think everyone is in the same boat.

Think our chances of making the play offs may rest on Teller, Wills and the status of the WRs. We've overcome a truly atrocious D all year. On offense we need our starters, or more than 7.....

The more things change the more they stay the same.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
My thoughts are the loss of the players at the last minute killed our chances. Baker fumbling killed our chances. A defense that lets WRs run free on third down kills our chances. A kicker with the yips, killed our chances.

I think the biggest factor today, other than an inept defensive backfield, was losing Wills. Baker was not comfortable and became inaccurate. The Jets sold out to stop Chubb, knowing they could hassle Baker if put in the position to have to pass to win.

I just hope we get back some players for next week. B J Goodson is maligned a lot on this board, but he makes plays. Wilson has declined since his injury. And Sendejo is never in position to cover deep receivers.

If Harrison, Wills, and at least one receiver is back next week, I think we have a chance. But, as a life long fan, I tend to believe we will go into that game short handed again. The curse is real

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Legend
Legend
The number of miscommunications and blown plays in the secondary today were alarming. We gave up 2/3 of the easiest TDs you’ll ever see

Swish #1832665 12/27/20 06:46 PM
L
Legend
Legend
L
I have no issue with the sneak. We simply got a bad break.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
- Not one for excuses. We need to play with who we have.

- A lot of people yesterday were all "No worries. it's the Jets." Ask the Rams. And the Raiders.

- Remember when people were laughing at PIT for losing to CIN?

- Disappointed that the run game was not there for us today.

- Lamm had a rough game. As did Harris.

- Surprised at how well Becton (spelling?) did against Garrett.

- Gotta say it. Three fumbles. This was a game where we needed Baker to carry us. Need to take care of the ball.

- Also gotta say this. There are people on this board who have anointed Bryant a stud, but I do not see it. Started the game with a drop (not the one Bake threw over his head, before that) and ended the game with another. And that was huge. Inside the 30 with a couple of minutes on the clock and down by 7 there is little margin for error. You gotta make the plays when they are there. He was open with room to run, Bake put the throw on the money. No excuse. Can't block, fumbles to easily. And now he can't catch.

- Outside of a few major breakdowns in coverage, the D held up well. Kept us in the game. But they were major breakdowns.

Last edited by CapCity Dawg; 12/27/20 06:52 PM.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
lampdogg #1832672 12/27/20 06:52 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
I have no issue with the sneak. We simply got a bad break.

If we hadn't run it twice already, maybe. I think a time out was called for. But it's done, we lost... Wwe need to find a way to beat the Steelers.

All Pro
All Pro
I’m very disappointed but I love my team. Wins or losses doesn’t matter because we do this journey together.

First. I’m not happy with the NFL, they don’t treat us fair. So many players out because of COVID and they can’t postpone the game 24 or 48h. That’s lame and unfair.

Secondly I think Kevin Stefanski didn’t have a fair chance to prepare a decent game plan under the circumstances so I will be careful with criticism against him or the players.

Baker is fine. Let the national media be the haters, I’m not onboard on that train,

Whatever happens against the Steelers I’m proud of our players and our season. What a journey! It has been a pleasure to follow the Browns and I’m so thrilled to go with them into the future. We have something good to look forward too. Let’s now forget and move on. Let’s support our team and the players, they deserves it after a horrible week.

cfrs15 #1832674 12/27/20 06:54 PM
Legend
Legend
Lamm and Harris were two big reasons we lost IMO. They were really, really bad. I’ll be shocked if they get anywhere near a below average grade

Legend
Legend
I think the issue is that overall has to be stefanski JUST for this game.

I’m only disappointed due to the fact that we still had a chance to control our own destiny but didn’t. It’s a team thing, not on any one player.

But this L is on the coach. You do not get away from your identity just because of starters being out. The ravens had to play the Steelers with JV guys, and they still stuck to their identity and ran the football.

We are a running team, period. Stefanski not making that clear to the jets that we were gonna run the rock single handily turned is into a one dimensional team. He outsmarted himself today. We still had a decent line and decent run blocking TE’s to run the ball to keep them honest. But not running the ball in the first half negated the PA game that really had baker excelling. From the first series on, we didn’t establish any sort of physicality by running the ball, and combined with the fumbles, had us in a deficit that we wouldn’t recover from no matter how healthy or team was.

Running teams run the ball even though the other team knows their running it. The Titans aren’t gonna stop running Henry because defenses are stacking the box. The ravens aren’t gonna stop running because other teams are stacking the box.

I love our coach, our QB, and our future, but unfortunately stefanski coached himself out of the coach of the year running today.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
One thing I’m curious about ... it seems some games we totally abandon the bootleg/rollout/PA combos. I wonder if that has more to do with the defense or our own approach

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think we saw the value of last year’s investment in offensive linemen. With 2 of the out, Chubb, Hunt, and Mayfield became mediocre. Mayfield was under pressure all day long. And it showed.

Get Heathy and win against Pittsburgh. Is is a playoff game.

Looking forward, fix that defense. It is terrible outside of Ward, Garrett, Richardson and Vernon.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Bryant’s been getting on my nerves lately, with his drops and fumbles, the kicker also has been ticking me off.

Bryant is a rookie though, no need to throw him in the trash. He might want to hit the weights in the off-season and add some muscle.

Disappointing that some of our players allowed the COVID thing to seep into our locker room. All of them better look in the flipping mirror.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yep = agreed. Feels like a punch to the gut and hard not to lament or lapse into the "Same old Browns" thoughts. But I do think it's different - and I don't expect coach or players to be perfect. We've shown the ability to bounce back and I think we can do that again vs Steelers.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
-jc-

All in all let’s not get into calling names. There are fans that are shell shocked over the last 20 years and are going to be Debbie downers. Then there are the fake fans that really root for other teams and only come here to Ghost Troll. You know the ones that only provide back hand compliments and always point out the negatives.

Browns fan for life here. I am so proud of this team. We can spend the entire offseason fixing the Defense and perhaps find a Kicker and we will be there right with the elite teams in the league. Baker in a year 2 of the same offensive scheme will be great as well.

The year isn’t over, get healthy and let’s go beat the Steelers next week!!!

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jeremy2020
He fumbled it forwards, it hit a lineman and went backwards where Hunt grabbed it.

it was punched behind him.

I guess there is some dumb rule that you can't fumble the ball and advance it under 2 minutes. that's stupid

plus, the ball never hit the ground. SO, that would have been a legal lateral.

just saying.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I think that's a rule because of a Raiders- Chargers game back in 1978. Ken Stabler was getting sacked so just before he hit the ground he rolled the ball forward and it went into the end zone where a Raider fell on it and it won the game. They dubbed it the Holy Roller. The Chargers were furious. It led to that rule change IIRC

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 12/27/20 08:05 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I think that's a rule because of a Raiders- Chargers game back in 1978. Ken Stabler was getting sacked so just before he hit the ground he rolled the ball forward and it went into the end zone where a Raider fell on it and it won the game. They dubbed it the Holy Roller. The Chargers were furious. It led to that rule change IIRC

but, it was backwards, and the ball never touched the ground. that should be a legal lateral like we tried when we lost the game with the last play being a safety

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

but, it was backwards, and the ball never touched the ground. that should be a legal lateral like we tried when we lost the game with the last play being a safety

Just because the ball doesn't touch the ground doesn't mean it's not a fumble. In the last two minutes of the half, only the ball carrier who loses possession of the ball can advance it. If the ball is recovered by the offense, the ball is placed at the original spot of the fumble. In this case, the Browns recovered but were short of the line to gain. The officials actually got the call correct (this time).

I don't think under any circumstance that anyone looking at the play could come to the conclusion that Fumblefield was trying to lateral the ball. He simply fumbled. Again. For the THIRD time in the game.

Maybe Stefanski, being the genius that he is, can re-think this type of play call going forward. Sometimes thinking you're the smartest guy in the room is actually counter productive. You know, like today. SMH

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: The Beast

Just because the ball doesn't touch the ground doesn't mean it's not a fumble. In the last two minutes of the half, only the ball carrier who loses possession of the ball can advance it. If the ball is recovered by the offense, the ball is placed at the original spot of the fumble. In this case, the Browns recovered but were short of the line to gain. The officials actually got the call correct (this time).

what about the hook and ladder?

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
-Bench Harrison Bryant, he can't catch the football. Put Njoku in the game immediately, Bryant is currently a scrub thus far.

-Cut Cody Parkey as soon as possible. He just doesn't have mentality to be an NFL kicker. Dude tightens up in certain situations and can't handle it. If we would have scored a touchdown at the end I would have went for 2 points and the win because I DO NOT TRUST PARKEY. DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN!

-Stefanski is part of this loss as he didn't call any screen passes until what? The 4th quarter? It was absolutely pathetic. First time he did call one, it went for 30+ yards! SCREEN THEM TO DEATH, its not rocket science at all, seriously....

-Sick of the QB sneak garbage. Run I-formation with either Hunt or Chubb getting the ball. Simple.

-Put Hunt\Chubb on the field at the same time in Twin I formation. Why we don't do this continues to baffle me. I have no idea what they're doing with this.

-Do we use the fullback that we traded for? Run I formation? Why are we always running in shotgun with nobody in the backfield!? It drives me crazy!!!!

-Our only chance in beating the Steelers is to out score them. Screw the defense, act like they're not there, screw it, I'm done with them.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 12/27/20 08:51 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 16 Jets 23 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard