Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Legend
Legend
Good thought jay! You bring up a good point ... we need myles to be more of himself than he has been. He’s really labored with Covid side effects

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: bonefish

First off Mike Tomlin will play to win.

Second for all those ragging on the Browns calling out Baker. Calling the team losers etc., etc.

People have short term memory loss. It was not long ago that we went 1-32.

Let that sink in.

So let's have some perspective.

Before this season started we didn't know a thing about Kevin Stefanski. How many coaches have we gone through?

Didn't know if Baker was going to be the guy going forward.
Let's revisit 1-32.

Didn't know what Andrew Berry would really bring to the table. Well free agency and the draft brought some new players and the team is 10-5.

When was our last winning season? 2007.

So moral victories? Well no.

How about victories? How about not losing two games in a row?

The crap that I read on here at times is mind numbing.

Whatever happens the rest of the way. For once we are making real progress.

*And the season is not over. We can beat the Steelers.

After that if we are healthy. We can beat any team.

We will find out because our first playoff game begins next week.

If the Browns lose next week and miss the playoffs are you going to hold your head up high and believe better days are ahead?

I hope so. Because that's the only way your perspective makes any sense at all.

I just can't get there.

Baker could get hurt in game 1 next year and be out for the season. Stefanski could have a sophomore slump. Myles, we know, will not play 16 games, and we will lose him at the worst possible time.

Tomorrow is not a given. Take advantage of today. Be present in the moment. Hold your head up high today because the Browns ended the 18 year playoff drought.

Anything less than a win next week, and it's the same old loser Browns.

Legend
Legend
I agree. I think we all are happy with what we’ve seen this year ... but goodness, we are RIGHT there RIGHT now to make the playoffs. Now’s the time. We are worthy. Freaking win this game and knock down that barrier

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I agree. I think we all are happy with what we’ve seen this year ... but goodness, we are RIGHT there RIGHT now to make the playoffs. Now’s the time. We are worthy. Freaking win this game and knock down that barrier

It's too late. When you are handed a 1-13 team to knock down that barrier and choke it away, there's really no coming back from that.

The drought will continue. You don't come back from the embarrassment of yesterday.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
I like the way you think!

It's the Jake Taylor philosophy.... only one thing left to do... win the whole friggin thing....

I mean seriously!! Some of these posts are crazy... I don't care if we're playing the 72 dolphins this sunday...we have a chance to make the friggin playoffs.... I actually love our chances... at home, playoffs on the line, and we get pissed off baker... if we get our WRs back it's over.....

<><

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
I'm channeling my bizarro jaybird.

Hopefully both work.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
That's right, we are right there. We were right there yesterday too and looked what happened. That fumble at the end of the game had nothing to do with anything other than Baker fumbled. That's what usually happens to this team at crunch time. It's been happening for 50 years. A fumble, an interception, a crucial penalty, a bad call, a stupid play by one of our players and so on. It happens to other teams too but with us I think it's more. I can't wait for the next episode this coming Sunday. Should be a real side splitter!!!

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I've been conditioned to expect that the stoolers come and shove it up our beehinds. Until we win a game like this, that won't change.

If you guys think that this defense can stop a motivated stoolers team with a chance to make us look the joke we've been, I'm all for it.

I'm just not seeing how this defense does that.

Last edited by redddog; 12/28/20 11:53 PM.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: redddog
I'm just not seeing how this defense does that.

Speaking of the defense, when does Woods start taking heat?

We lost the Ravens game because two of our defenders bumped into each other.

And every single Jet TD yesterday was on a blown coverage.

Wth. I've never seen a defense so confused for an entire season. It's almost 11pm EST on Monday, and I bet they are still confused from yesterday.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The last game in our winless season we played the Steelers. They had clinched and were playing all their backups. We didn't want to finish the season without a win so we played hard. We were driving at the end of the game and we had enough time. 4th down play not far from their end zone. Corey Coleman wide open with room to run nobody around him and he drops an easy pass. Game over. It's like the Steelers didn't care if we beat them and we still couldn't. 3 years later we have a much better team with real hope for the future unlike then. You know what? put us in the same situation and the something negative will happen.Just like yesterday.

Legend
Legend
Be negative all you want.I choose to believe in this team! Make fun of me all you want,I don't give a damn.This is the best team Cleveland has had since the rebirth and I'm choosing not to be miserable for the rest of the season, even if it is only one more week!

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Here, here.

The negative crap a lot of you posters throw out there makes me want to puke.

Maybe throwing some positivity out there will change things up.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: jaybird

It's the Jake Taylor philosophy.... only one thing left to do... win the whole friggin thing....

I mean seriously!! Some of these posts are crazy... I don't care if we're playing the 72 dolphins this sunday...we have a chance to make the friggin playoffs.... I actually love our chances... at home, playoffs on the line, and we get pissed off baker... if we get our WRs back it's over.....

Lol I'm sure the players took a hard "pass" on the Jimmy Haslam peel away life size cut out tongue

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: slick

Lol I'm sure the players took a hard "pass" on the Jimmy Haslam peel away life size cut out tongue
haha but what about Dee wink

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: slick

haha but what about Dee wink

.........good lord

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Be negative all you want.I choose to believe in this team! Make fun of me all you want,I don't give a damn.This is the best team Cleveland has had since the rebirth and I'm choosing not to be miserable for the rest of the season, even if it is only one more week!

Amen... screw history... screw Big ben... screw the steelers... I'm praying we get pissed off baker.... defense just needs to be decent if we get an offense that's pissed off... if we get landry back he's gonna be pretty pissed off as well and want to make a statement...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Same old loser Browns.

That is bs. No matter what happens this team is not a loser.

This team is not the same as any team before it. Stefanski and Berry were not with this team in the capacity they currently are as head coach and GM.

Then go down the roster and see how many players are new to "this" team.

I have no problem playing the Steelers to go to the playoffs no matter who they play. In fact I am glad we are playing them.

Because in order to be a playoff team we should be able to beat one.

I expect to beat them.

I will be sad if we were to lose.

But that will not change my opinion of the progress the Browns have made.

No matter i will go into next season with very high hopes.
I am impressed with the organization as it stands today.

I believe in Baker Mayfield. I think the future is bright for Mayfield/Stefanski relationship.

The thought of starting a camp with continuity is exciting.

I also recognize the Browns are no there - yet.

We do not have a championship caliber defense. We need upgrades on defense.

We may do some damage with what we have because the offense can be dynamic. But I don't think we are good enough to win a Super Bowl.

I will accept however this season ends.

At the same time upsets are part of sports and if we win Sunday who knows?

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
I feel were talking about two different things right now.

Do I want to see us beat the living crap out of the stoolers to punch a ticket to the playoffs, ending the drought against our arch rivals in dramatic fashion, officially ending the dark period of utter dominance they've held over us. Absolutely, yes. I dream about that game. It KILLS me to think about how the cocky stoolers and their mouth-breathing fans laugh us off as the insignificant losers, powerless against them.

But as a football fan, if I'm looking at this game on paper, we're not in a good position. The offense will have to click on all cylinders against, what, the 2nd beat defense in the league? We have to score on every possession. We need touchdowns not field goals. Mainly because we don't have a guy who can be reliable enough to actually kick field goals. If he gets one, it's gravy at this point.

The defense is the WORST defense we have fielded in 20 years. Utterly clueless. We seem to get worse each week. Coverages blown, poorly coached, opponents running free on nearly every play. This will be what dooms us. And it doesn't look like it will be close.

I am no less a fan than any of you. And no one wants to see us beat these bastages more than me. And I pray that I am wrong. Looking objectively at this team and our chances doesn't make you faithless. Stefanski is smart and I think he's gonna get us there one day.

It's this defense.

Legend
Legend
we better not lose to these fools

https://twitter.com/JRown32/status/1343312413534388224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1343334815941193730%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.radio.com%2F937thefan%2Fsports%2Fpittsburgh-steelers%2Fsteelers-could-face-discipline-after-tiktok-video

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Your opinion. That was then. It may play out that way. But I see potential for a Brownies win.

It will take more effort from more people. BM didn't shoot us in the foot; he burned a clip and reloaded. He can improve our chances quickly if he can upgrade to a reasonable game.

I want in. What do you or any critic win with the negative posts? Fan up. I hope you are proved wrong. Root 'em!

Unleash The Elf! brownie brownie brownie thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
See how the NFL and Roger deal with that little video...no masks no distancing...fines? Loss of draft picks? Close contact protocols??

We all know roger doesn't play favorites... so he will turn a blind eye.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I do not think we are losers not at all not after winning at least 10 games this year. What I get upset about are the stupid plays at the most inopportune times. Like fumbling on our last 2 possessions. I could see it happening the first time everyone fumbles or throws a pick. But the 2nd fumble at the end is inexcusable. You already fumbled twice your driving and close to the winning or tieing score and you cough it up again? Ridiculous! I understand that we were at a serious disadvantage because of all the guys out but we had a chance to win and made inexcusable mistakes. Other teams would have found a way to beat a team like the Jets.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c....

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

It had to be this way.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Sit em all!

Legend
Legend
Let’s hope Watt, Fitzpatrick, Haden, and Hayward follow suit

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

I would guess at least Pouncey, Hayward, and Haden are out.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Milk, for some reason I can't see your post.

M
Legend
Legend
M

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Before anyway says “I want to beat the Steelers at their best”, remember when the Colts sat their starters and let the Titans into the playoffs over us? It doesn’t matter how you get in, just that you do it.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Going live to Myles Garrett......

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Before anyway says “I want to beat the Steelers at their best”, remember when the Colts sat their starters and let the Titans into the playoffs over us? It doesn’t matter how you get in, just that you do it.

Totally agree... I don't care who is playing... we just need to win

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

With the -7/ -7.5 opening line, Vegas knew what was going down.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
The line is -9.5 now

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W

I hope Haden PLAYS

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
but can you imagine the disgrace of losing to the Steelers backups! I honestly think we can beat the Steelers this week with their starters but I'd hate to lose to the backups!

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend

And for anyone that still insists... We'll get that chance the following week in Pittsburgh. Book it.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1833313 12/29/20 01:47 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE

And for anyone that still insists... We'll get that chance the following week in Pittsburgh. Book it.

yeah, it appears that may be the case. In pittsburgh or Buffalo would both be huge challenges. I just hope we get the chance

FATE #1833314 12/29/20 01:49 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: FATE

If Buffalo rests their starters and Miami wins or Miami just happens to wins either way...Browns will be the 7th seed and playing the Bills.

I'd rather play Pittsburgh in round 1. Go Bills!

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season NFL 2020 Post Season AFC Playoff Chase

Link Copied to Clipboard