DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: cfrs15 AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 09:18 PM
http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 09:20 PM
According to the ESPN playoff machine if we win next week we are in as the seventh seed.
Posted By: slick Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 09:25 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
According to the ESPN playoff machine if we win next week we are in as the seventh seed.

Cokts have to lose and so do dolphins and titans must beat the packers tonight
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 09:27 PM
How convienent the Steelers wake up when the Brown lose, because it provides maximum interest in week 17 games. (ooooh week 17 ooooh thumbsdown)
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 09:28 PM

No.
Just... No.

We had our shot, we blew it.
We are done, this season is over. On to The Draft.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 09:37 PM
For us to make it we have to win or the Colts have to lose to Jacksonville.
Posted By: jfanent Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 09:37 PM
If all the teams in contention win we are in.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 09:40 PM
Originally Posted By: dawg66
For us to make it we have to win or the Colts have to lose to Jacksonville.

Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 09:40 PM

At worst the 7th seed if we win next week.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 09:42 PM
I think i heard that somewhere. tongue
Posted By: RAWISRADFORD Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 09:56 PM
Yes - we’ve get take on the Steelers and if we win then play them in the first round in the playoffs.

Can’t ask for much more - I am pumped for next Sunday, hopefully we get flexed into Sunday night?

All teams had to navigate COVID jets loss sucks but if I am going to be a cry baby the Las Vegas loss was the one I didn’t like.

Go Browns
Posted By: RAWISRADFORD Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 09:58 PM
Whoops no Sunday night game next week

Go Browns.
Posted By: slick Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 10:06 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
How convienent the Steelers wake up when the Brown lose, because it provides maximum interest in week 17 games. (ooooh week 17 ooooh thumbsdown)

But if the Bills beat the Patriots on Monday night then they wont be playing thier starters against the dolphins...so my question is...will the Steelers be playing thier starters? Even if they beat us they are still stuck with the third seed correct? Now if the Bill's lose to the Patriots does that change anything? Would the Steelers then play thier starters? I'm asking you throw long because you have done all the research.
Posted By: DaveyD Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 10:07 PM
The Raiders game was Brownsed and pist me off!
Posted By: slick Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 10:10 PM
Of course this could all be mute point if all the receivers "all of a sudden" test positive. Not to mention it looks like we will be without wills. This is the same scenario that happened with myles. He was sick,but had negative tests, then all of a sudden....boom positive. So even if we beat the Steelers I think it's safe to say that the chances of wills being out for the Steelers game and the wild card game is 75%
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 10:15 PM
Interesting that MIA plays BUF this week .. and would in Round 1

Same with us and PIT
Posted By: slick Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 10:31 PM
So basically there is no way the Steelers sit thier starters because if the Bill's win even one more game than the Steelers have to beat us to bump the bills out of the 2nd seed and into the 3rd
Posted By: slick Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 10:39 PM
The scenario I want is for the the Bill's to lose to the Pat's but then beat the dolphins. If we by so.w miracle beat the Steelers that means we play buffalo. Now if the Bill's beat the Pat's but lose to dolphins and we beat Pitt then we still have to play Pitt first round. I would much rather play the Bill's. With all that being said it appears the Steelers are back and I dont like pur chances against them especially if all of a sudden all our receivers test positive along with wills which is what I think will happen
Posted By: RedBaron Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 10:42 PM
The difference in the 2 and 3 seed only matters for home field advantage if they both win the wild card round games. And even then it is only one game.

The only team that gets the bye week this year is the Chiefs.

The "smart" play is for BOTH Buffalo and Pitt to rest their guys for the playoff push.

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 10:43 PM
Especially with how hobbled Roethlisberger has looked this season.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 10:47 PM

Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 10:51 PM
Having the Steelers beat us again and knock us out of the playoffs would be such a miserable to have this GOOD year end
Posted By: RedBaron Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 11:00 PM
True, but if we get swept by both Pitt and Baltimore we weren't ready anyway.

Next week we get to .500 in our own dang division or we look to the off season to improve.

Simple.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 11:03 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater

No.
Just... No.

superconfused
Posted By: Pdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 11:04 PM
Scenarios for Browns to get in playoffs

1.Browns win

2.Browns lose and Colts lose to Jags

3.Browns lose
Colts win
Ravens win vs Cincy
Titans lose to Green Bay
Titans lose to Texans
Miami beats Bills
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 11:08 PM
So does Miami mean nothing?
Posted By: Pdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 11:19 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
So does Miami mean nothing?

Sorry, I forgot to add it. Fixed now.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 11:34 PM
While it is a shame the Browns didn't make the playoffs, they had one heck of a good season. With a new HC, new systems on both sides of the ball, losing their #1 WR to injury, losing Chubb for a chunk of the season, and having no preseason and a shortened camp... with all of those things stacked up against them they still won 10 games and are no longer the pushovers they once were.

Losing virtually out entire WR room to Covid this week killed our chance. Bad luck... but that is always the case with this team. Everything has to line up perfectly or the bad luck demon strikes us down. I am very hopeful that next year if we draft some really good players, we will finally break through and get into the postseason.

My hope for next week is, that we knock tiny out and send him off into retirement while killing any chance the squealers have in the playoffs. I know there isn't much chance of that but it sure would be sweet to retire him early and end the Steelers playoff hopes.
Posted By: Swish Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 11:34 PM
Umm, we’re currently the 7th seed. We’re in as of right now.
Posted By: slick Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 11:41 PM
If we beat Steelers are we automatically in. No matter what else happens?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 11:42 PM
Originally Posted By: slick

Correct.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 11:51 PM
all we have to do is win

Should Cleveland beat Pittsburgh in its regular-season finale at FirstEnergy Stadium next week, the Browns would clinch one of the AFC's three Wild Card spots, ending the NFL's longest active postseason drought (17 years). It's as simple as that: win and Cleveland is in.

Meanwhile, should the Browns tie the Steelers, they would need one of the following outcomes to take place in order to clinch a playoff spot:

Colts lose or tie to Jacksonville Jaguars
Titans lose to the Green Bay Packers (Week 16) and Houston Texans (Week 17)
Baltimore Ravens lose to Cincinnati Bengals
Miami Dolphins loss to the Buffalo Bills
Titans earn at one loss and one tie in final two games, Ravens beat Bengals, Dolphins beat Bills

Even if Cleveland were to lose to the Steelers on Sunday, that alone wouldn't eliminate the Browns from postseason play. They could still qualify for the postseason with one of the following scenarios:

Colts lose to Jaguars
Titans lose to the Green Bay Packers (Week 16) and Houston Texans (Week 17), Dolphins win or tie vs. Bills, Ravens win or tie vs. Bengals
Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 11:55 PM
Cleveland couldn't beat Pitt lost year with a QB named the Duck.

I think it's remote that Cleveland beats Pittsburgh. They need to learn not to crap the bed every time they have a golden opportunity to do something, like today.

I don't think the Browns are making the playoffs. There will be a lot of fans who think this season will be a success anyway. I just am not wired to think like that. I don't take a lot of joy in moral victories. The team squandered a golden opportunity to overcome what many people feel is a huge black cloud hanging over the team, and they just added to it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/27/20 11:58 PM
It kinda felt like we started the game today really hesitant and gunshy. Maybe it was just all the new personnel, but still
Posted By: TrooperDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 12:12 AM
Originally Posted By: Swish
Umm, we’re currently the 7th seed. We’re in as of right now.

Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 12:26 AM
It kinda felt like we started the game today really hesitant and gunshy. Maybe it was just all the new personnel, but still

The issue was Baker predetermined that he would not trust those receivers and refused to look in their direction at the beginning of the game. He was forcing balls to the TEs and the offense never got into a rhythm. He should have just let the game come to him and throw to the open guy. They gave the Jets enough momentum and confidence, and ultimately Baker couldn't deliver when it mattered most.

I am also not a big fan of Hooper, and Baker kept trying to force him the ball. Part of the not getting in rhythm thing.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 12:27 AM
I'm sure what I have to say will get critiqued and will anger some which I am not trying to do but here goes. Again today our Browns, whom we all love, broke our hearts. There were at least a few reasons why and many opinions and that's fine. We all want to see them win a Super Bowl of course. All week we are going to discuss the Pittsburgh game and who needs to come back and what we have to do etc. Next Sunday will come, we will all sit down and watch the game( probably the rest of the country too) and you know what? they'll lose in some crazy bazaar way or maybe just get blown out and break our hearts again. There will be the usual posts on this board just like what we have going on now except it will go on longer because there is no game the following week. I expected this today after I heard the news late yesterday afternoon. I should have known better not to get my hopes up when we started to make the 2nd half comeback only to fall short and frustrate me again. I will watch the game next week because I love my Browns, tell myself not to get my hopes up no matter what, expect the worse and then be hurt and frustrated again next Sunday night. It's what it's like to be a Cleveland Browns fan and I don't know if another NFL fan knows exactly what that means. Lord help us.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 12:29 AM
They'll lose next week because they are losers.

Until they are not.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 12:31 AM
Short, sweet and to the point: and probably true.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 12:32 AM
I’ll agree about Hooper ... he just seems “off” so far. And he seems way heftier than I remembered
Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 12:35 AM
I’ll agree about Hooper ... he just seems “off” so far. And he seems way heftier than I remembered

I was looking for a word along the lines of hefty. I wouldn't go with hefty, but he seems like he runs with lead boots on.

Lots of criticism for today, but Njoku should have been a focal point. He's way more athletic than Hooper and could play TE, WR, and slot. I'm sure he lined up in all of those positions, but he seemed to be an afterthought all day.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 12:46 AM
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

Until they are not.

Losers?

I don’t think they are. Baker isn’t a loser, anyone who can’t understand why it would be difficult for him today knows jack about football, about how this “team game” thing works.

He fumbled three times yeah -two of em strip sacks thanks in part to our banged up OL - but he almost got us to OT on a day when the deck was stacked heavily against us.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 12:51 AM
I'm not going to criticize you for being happy about that.

I don't agree, and I just cannot be happy that we didn't win.

We had enough players to win despite the hand we were dealt. Our QB had 3 chances for game winning drives and couldn't deliver each time.

Now we are in jeopardy of missing the playoffs.
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 12:53 AM
I forsee a competition at kicker at camp next year.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 12:56 AM
I can't help but think that if we were playing a team that lost the same position players we did we would still lose to them with all our starters against their 3rd and 4th stringers.
Posted By: rastanplan Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 01:03 AM
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

Until they are not.

Losers?

I don’t think they are. Baker isn’t a loser, anyone who can’t understand why it would be difficult for him today knows jack about football, about how this “team game” thing works.

He fumbled three times yeah -two of em strip sacks thanks in part to our banged up OL - but he almost got us to OT on a day when the deck was stacked heavily against us.

Baker was tentative, floating balls and missing Wr's. He gets away because we have great WR's, with average Wr's he doesn't stand a chance.

The 2nd fumble and sack is on Baker, he has to be much quicker. And clearly he does not have what we call winners luck, with Baker it seams that anything that can go wrong will go wrong. So maybe he is not a loser but for sure he is not a winner either.

Jets D was also missing key players, by the way, and you can say a team that doesn not implement Covid protocols in a whole unit before a critical game have losers mentality..
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 01:10 AM
The miss down the sideline to Bradley was a really bad miss ... and he had another where he really short armed it that would have been a 1st down.

This was a bad game for Baker.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 01:15 AM
We didn’t have average WRs out there today.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 01:15 AM
The miss down the sideline to Bradley was a really bad miss ... and he had another where he really short armed it that would have been a 1st down.

That miss was really bad.

Man, we really needed Baker to put the team on his shoulders today. I know he wasn't dealing with a full deck, lack of WRs and patchwork OL, but we needed some magic. Magic that franchise QBs are supposed to provide in situations like this. It will be very disappointing not making the playoffs this year. The whole town, the whole country, Cleveland morning talk shows, have already concluded for weeks we are ending the drought. It would be so Browns not to.

Andrew Siciliano said it felt like 2007 all over again when we lost game 15 to Cincinnati.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 01:17 AM
Well, Andrew Sicialioni would know. Let’s all put stock into what Andrew Scinliano says. He matters.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 01:17 AM
I’ve thought for the past few weeks that it was way too premature to be saying “we’re on track to the playoffs” ... and everyone kinda assumed (in the media) that we’d be there.

Well, we lost and had the Raiders choke and a few other bad breaks ... and suddenly we are in a do or die spot
Posted By: lampdogg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 01:22 AM
What’s wrong with to or die? If I’d said to you back in August - or even three weeks ago - that we could get in by beating the Steelers in Week 17, you’d have taken that. In a New York minute.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 01:42 AM
What’s wrong with to or die? If I’d said to you back in August - or even three weeks ago - that we could get in by beating the Steelers in Week 17, you’d have taken that. In a New York minute.
Haha probably any team besides them rofl ... in all honesty, yeah we’d all take it every year ... but, we are the Steelers’ s b**** and everyone knows it
Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 01:44 AM
Well, Andrew Sicialioni would know. Let’s all put stock into what Andrew Scinliano says. He matters.

Man, you really dislike me. Lol
Posted By: slick Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 01:45 AM

Correct.

A non snarky response to one of my questions? Feeling ok there buddy?
Posted By: slick Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 01:50 AM
So what are the chances the Steelers sit at least some of thier starters? They just got thier mojo back, well at least some of it. So does Tomlin chan e sitting his starters and risk falling back out of sync? Or does he play them to try to keep building momentum?
Posted By: lampdogg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:03 AM

Man, you really dislike me. Lol

That’s not true at all, rish.
You’re a long-timer, never disliked you.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:04 AM
Haha probably any team besides them rofl ... in all honesty, yeah we’d all take it every year ... but, we are the Steelers’ s b**** and everyone knows it

We are no longer the Squealers bitch.
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:13 AM

Bradley needed to fade more to the sideline... I actually thought it was a bad route...

Baker did feel off but it's hard to tell... he had a bunch of guys out there who haven't seen the field at all this year.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:26 AM

No.
Just... No.

Sorry, no. I still want a healthy Browns team to play a playoff game.

It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, AND IT AIN'T OVER NOW!!!!!

Do the Steelers not deserve to be in because they lost to the Bengals and Washington?
Do the Seahawks not deserve to be in because they lost to the Giants?
Do the Rams not deserve to be in because they lost to the Jets?
Do the Saints not deserve to be in because they lost to the Eagles with a new QB?

No, they all deserve to still get in and I think they all will.. (not sure about the Rams at this point)... and if the Browns beat the Steelers, they deserve to be in the playoffs too...

It can be done, I'm tired of conceding to the Steelers. Go play like your season depends on it....
Posted By: lampdogg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:29 AM
Bake was thinking back-shoulder... you could tell that by where he put it. That WR had a solid game otherwise. 84 made a few catches, showed good hands.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:33 AM
So if you believe the world operates in patterns, then who will the Browns lose to in the Super Bowl? Because the Browns this year have gone...

1 loss
4 wins

1 loss
1 win

1 loss
4 wins

1 loss
1 win

1 loss....
Should be followed by 4 wins.

then a loss

Clem, can you drop that as a beat the 1-4, 1-1, 1-4, 1-1, 1-4 tempo? nanner
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:39 AM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
So if you believe the world operates in patterns, then who will the Browns lose to in the Super Bowl? Because the Browns this year have gone...

1 loss
4 wins

1 loss
1 win

1 loss
4 wins

1 loss
1 win

1 loss....
Should be followed by 4 wins.

then a loss

Clem, can you drop that as a beat the 1-4, 1-1, 1-4, 1-1, 1-4 tempo? nanner
my head hurts
Posted By: lampdogg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:41 AM
Delete that, dc. Trust me on that one. wink
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:45 AM

Jeff Sherman
@golfodds
NFL - Week 17

Phi -1 vs Wsh
Ind -13.5 vs Jax
GB -4.5 at Chi
NYG Pick vs Dal
Cle -7.5 vs Pit
Ten -7 at Hou
NO -4 at Car
NE -5.5 vs NYJ
Min -6 at Det
TB -4.5 vs Atl
Bal -10 at Cin
Buf -4 vs Mia
LAC -2.5 at KC
Sea -4 vs SF at Ari
Den -1 vs LV
LAR -5 vs Ari
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 03:03 AM
WKNR conducted a Twitter poll on Wednesday, 80% of respondents said they would prefer to clinch a playoff spot next week, opposed to this week.

Be careful what you ask for, you got the win or go home scenario you wanted.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 03:37 AM
Am I reading this wrong or are we favored by seven points?
Posted By: BuckDawg1946 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 03:42 AM
I believe pit will be resting some players.

Ironically, if Indy beat the Steelers today, we would be in much worse playoff position right now.
Posted By: chirp30 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 03:48 AM
I also think they’ll be resting player. They need to get healthy, can’t afford any more injuries. We need to put our entire team on total lockdown!!
Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 03:53 AM
j/c...

Posted By: Pdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 03:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

I'm happy about this. They flexed WFT and the Eagles
Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 04:00 AM
I am too. NFL and Vegas knows Steelers are resting starters.

Thought AZ/LAR or CHI/GB might get flexed. East coast bias and the WFT making the playoffs after the name change and Ron Rivera battling cancer and on verge of making playoffs makes for a good story line to sell.

Also, if WFT loses, winner of NYG/DAL gets in which will keep two major markets tuned into the SNF game.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 04:53 AM
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

No.
Just... No.

Sorry, no. I still want a healthy Browns team to play a playoff game.

It wasn't over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, AND IT AIN'T OVER NOW!!!!!

Do the Steelers not deserve to be in because they lost to the Bengals and Washington?
Do the Seahawks not deserve to be in because they lost to the Giants?
Do the Rams not deserve to be in because they lost to the Jets?
Do the Saints not deserve to be in because they lost to the Eagles with a new QB?

No, they all deserve to still get in and I think they all will.. (not sure about the Rams at this point)... and if the Browns beat the Steelers, they deserve to be in the playoffs too...

It can be done, I'm tired of conceding to the Steelers. Go play like your season depends on it....

Yeah, with none of our wide receivers. Right. Like that is going to happen. IF we were ALL 100% and had everyone... then MAYBE we might squeak out a win. Maybe. With none of our wide receivers? They will do exactly what the Jets did. Play run stop and make us throw to win. Throw to win with no one at all to throw it to...
Posted By: Pdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 05:02 AM
None of our receivers have tested positive. If that continues all will be good to go next week. As of now only Goodson is out.
Posted By: Floquinho Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 05:59 AM
Why all the negativity? It was a painful loss but we still have a very good chance to beat the Steelers.

Both Stefanski and Baker was fuming after the game. They’re hurt and humiliated and they know that the national media will rip them in to pieces. They never want to be in that position again.

Right now it’s all about getting back the positive momentum. Wipe the negativity out and start to believe in good things. I say this again. We as supporters must now show our true colors and support our guys, The blame game doing us no favor. We win and lose together. Never forget this.

If we want to change the culture of this organization the time to do it is now. Losers spend time with discussions about who’s to blame when winners move on and learn from their bad experiences and use their energy how to improve.
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 06:08 AM
Quote:
Clem, can you drop that as a beat the 1-4, 1-1, 1-4, 1-1, 1-4 tempo?

I'll get to work on that tomorrow.
Tonight is for wound licking.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 10:12 AM
So If I’m gathering this correctly, we get in with these scenarios now:

- Browns win
- Browns loss + Colts loss
- Browns loss + Miami win + Titans loss
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 10:46 AM
Keep scrambling your mind if you wish.

Me, just win the game and don't worry about the other crap unless we lose the game. Our knowing all the possibilities isn't going to change anything about those games.

Rooting against a team or player is bad mojo.

I coached a lot of baseball over the years. Sure, I wanted our team to win. I prayed before each game. My thought was simple. I prayed that players on both teams stayed safe and that the players on each team played to the best of their ability.

Then I would wait and see how things worked out.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 10:53 AM
Good point ... let’s start by praying that Teller, Harrison, Wills, Landry, Phillips, Hodge, DPJ, Higgins can actually play
Posted By: FreeAgent Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 11:21 AM
Pittsburgh is battling Buffalo for 2nd seed, which could mean a home game in the second round. I’m not sure Buffalo (who plays tonight) or Pitt are resting starters next week.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 11:34 AM
Originally Posted By: FreeAgent
Pittsburgh is battling Buffalo for 2nd seed, which could mean a home game in the second round. I’m not sure Buffalo (who plays tonight) or Pitt are resting starters next week.

I agree. Forget about the Steelers resting guys. If they do, they do. If they don't they don't.

If we make the playoffs teams aren't going to be resting players.

For all intents and purposes, our playoffs start next week. Go win the game. We have no control over who they play and who they don't.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 01:07 PM
Game plan to beat the starters at full strength. Anything less is a bonus your way. But I think some serious failings yesterday need to be scrutinized harshly. BM really soiled the effort. Not alone , but can't ignore it. Just need to see what offensive epiphany we have this week. rolleyesdevil flamingmad
Posted By: mgh888 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 01:31 PM
You know - for as gutting as it was to lose yesterday and play badly in so many aspects of the game:

It's Monday of week 17. We are 10-5. We have a "Win and you are in the playoffs" game coming up on Sunday.

This is not a moral victory ... this is serous progress.

If you know a Browns fan that set higher expectations at the beginning of the season then you can bet they are a big fan that doesn't know very much about football.

Let's Go !
Posted By: FATE Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:30 PM
j/c...

Why would the Steelers rest players if they have an opportunity for the #2 seed? Furthermore, they've played like absolute dog crap for 3 1/2 weeks before the late comeback in Indy. I think we will see the Steelers at full strength on Sunday...

Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:30 PM
Interesting that MIA plays BUF this week .. and would in Round 1

Same with us and PIT

No it's not interesting it's TRAGIC!

We get to see divisional games
500 times a decade Already!!

The Worst thing the expletative NFL can do is force us to see them in the playoffs!

Expleatative Tragedy! (I'm still pissed we didnt' get to see the Browns vs Chargers in 2007!)

who the "%$^!! cares about cowboys vs redskins, AGAIN!

OMGOSH AGAIN!!! REALLY!!! Again!!!! for the 5000Th
cuss word time in my lifetime!

Oh no, Bears Packers, it's 300 $#$#$#$# years old!!!

Isn't it amazing, doesn't the whole wide expleatative world want to tune in AGAIN!!!
TO SEE
the nasty bears vs nasty packers matchup again!

NOOOO! NO NO NO NO NO NO NON O NONONO
A Zillion times no!

A cuss word, Tragedy! NFL? -> DENSE!
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:39 PM
Originally Posted By: FATE
j/c...

Why would the Steelers rest players if they have an opportunity for the #2 seed? Furthermore, they've played like absolute dog crap for 3 1/2 weeks before the late comeback in Indy. I think we will see the Steelers at full strength on Sunday...

Agreed. They still need some work.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:39 PM
We can beat the Steelers on Sunday. And I suppose that would considerably blow some chicken-little minds even further in these parts.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:41 PM

Correct.

And, after the Dolpins won, and because the Ravens won,
that statement above ^ is only true because, ONe of those two didn't happen, or because the Steelers came back to beat the Colts yesterday. <huh saywhat

I mean,
If one of the Dolph, Colts, Ravens, hadn't lost, ^^ it wouldn't be true.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:55 PM
j/c...

This right here. I've watched the past couple Steelers game. Health might be an issue, their bigger issue is simply being completely out of sync.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 02:56 PM
I’ve thought for the past few weeks that it was way too premature to be saying “we’re on track to the playoffs” ... and everyone kinda assumed (in the media) that we’d be there.

Well if Browns had beaten the Ravens, (which they can't seem to beat either them or steelers for 100 flippin times)

If the Browns had beaten the Ravens, THEY WOULD HAVE, locked up a playoff berth, with the win at the Giants.
Posted By: FATE Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 03:58 PM

Well if Browns had beaten the Ravens, (which they can't seem to beat either them or steelers for 100 flippin times)

If the Browns had beaten the Ravens, THEY WOULD HAVE, locked up a playoff berth, with the win at the Giants.

I feel like I read this somewhere before...
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 04:02 PM

The Ravens loss in Cleveland was definitely a heartbreaker, but that made this season the first time they've swept us in the Baker era. I know this doesn't make anyone feel one bit better. Just sayin'. angel

And Pittsburgh hasn't either. Not yet, that is. Fingers crossed. fingerscrossed
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 06:07 PM
Official from #NFL:
Cleveland clinches playoff berth with:
1.CLE win OR
2.IND loss OR
3.TEN loss + MIA win or tie + BAL win or tie OR
4.CLE tie + BAL loss OR
5.CLE tie + MIA loss OR
6.CLE tie + TEN loss OR
7.CLE tie + IND tie OR
8.CLE tie + TEN tie + BAL win + MIA win

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1343619241266835456
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 06:08 PM
I always liked DeShaun Watson. . .
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 06:10 PM
I always liked DeShaun Watson. . .
and he already said he wasn’t gonna sit smile
Posted By: 85_Browns_Queen Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 06:44 PM
as bummed as i am about yesterdays L, nothing would be sweeter than clinching a playoff spot AT HOME in front of the fans against the Stillers.

either way, i am proud of our team.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 06:49 PM
I feel the same way. Food for thought; we are 7-37 against the Steelers since we came back in "99. Some may say that doesn't mean a thing for next Sundays game but I believe it does. We can't beat this team and after a while it gets in the players heads. I hope I am wrong. We'll see Sunday.
Posted By: FATE Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 07:04 PM
I would say that *could* be true... BUT, we dominated them last year in Cleveland and tied them the year before. A short memory is important in the NFL, if you buy-in, previous domination by the Steelers is all but ancient history. wink
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 07:17 PM
Steelers can't run very well, they have to beat you through the air.
Now.
Browns, have played 13,14, a bunch of games this year,

Most of the teams, had relative success passing the ball against the Browns.

And, last time the Browns won, they lost Myles for 6 months.
First time Browns played this year, Chubb didn't play.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 07:19 PM
The game we won was without Big Ben and we only won by 7. Ben R. is 28-3-1 against us.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 07:34 PM
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
The game we won was without Big Ben and we only won by 7. Ben R. is 28-3-1 against us.
as much as we want to say “we wanna beat them at full strength” ... honestly we won’t. If they play their starters, namely Ben, we’ll lose.

Basically our season comes down to the Steelers’ mindset. Do they want to rest or stay sharp?

I don’t have confidence in us beating Ben because we basically never have
Posted By: FreeAgent Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 07:52 PM

Posted By: redddog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 07:54 PM
Have you guys been paying attention for the last 20 years?

The Stoolers will absolutely humiliate us, at home, for the 100th time, to end our season and laugh at us, along with their tooth missing fan-base. It's their guilty pleasure.

All you guys saying you want to play them and beat them to get in are insane. We NEVER beat them and certainly not when there is something actually on the line.

I'll eat my shoe if I'm wrong, but there is literally NO reason why any of us should have any confidence going into this game. I'm sorry to be the wet towel. But it seems like all this new bravado is seriously misplaced given the way we have performed against Ben and tomlin.

Add in the fact that this defense is literally, one of the worst defenses the stoolers have had to face in the last 20 years?

I love the Browns. I always have. I've drawn my family into this mess and watched their hearts get broken over and over again. I honestly feel guilt from this. I really do.

Again, I hope I'm wrong, but we'll have to have a 35 pt lead going into the 4th quarter for me to believe that we can win this game, and even in that scenario, I'd have my doubts.

The Stoolers live for this. And crushing our hearts in the most humiliating fashion is what they live for. And we are victim to it everytime.

We do it everytime.
Posted By: Jester Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 07:58 PM
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Official from #NFL:
Cleveland clinches playoff berth with:

1.CLE win OR

2.IND loss (Jax) OR

3.TEN loss (@Hou) + MIA win (@Buf)+ BAL win (@Cin)

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1343619241266835456

To make it easier to follow I took out all the tie scenarios since ties are so uncommon.
I also added in the teams opponents.
Posted By: FreeAgent Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 08:02 PM
Quote:
We NEVER beat them

I beg to differ sir.

1) We HAVE beat them.
2) The past is the past, this team is not the past Browns teams, the past Steeler teams are not this years team.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 08:10 PM
Quote:
and after a while it gets in the players heads

There's nobody on this team whose head it would be in. Bitonio is the "old man" in Cleveland and he knows well enough about us beating them. They are a tough win, but the mystique isn't there for these guys because none of them have been here for the difficult times.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 08:41 PM
GC. Website says Browns playoff chances

Everything is now road games only

Steelers 33 percent % at Pittsburgh
Bills 8 percent % at Buffalo
Titans 7 percent % at Tenessee
Colts 2 percent % at Indianapolis.

Elimination, 50 percent % no playoffs.

So Basically

Browns are playing the home game vs. the Steelers for a chance to play a Road game in Pittsburgh to open the playoffs.

( It's going to be a great week everybody thumbsup frown)

Every team controlled their own destiny in September,
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 09:12 PM
I agree 100% I don't see us winning Sunday even if all our guys come back. If you expect anything different you will be very disappointed. I hope I'm wrong I want to be wrong but I just don't see it. It's not so much being negative as it is being a realist.
Posted By: jfanent Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 09:40 PM
Quote:
and after a while it gets in the players heads

There's nobody on this team whose head it would be in. Bitonio is the "old man" in Cleveland and he knows well enough about us beating them. They are a tough win, but the mystique isn't there for these guys because none of them have been here for the difficult times.

That reminds me of back in the 80's after we finally won one in Pittsburgh after a long drought. Someone asked Webster Slaughter what it's like to finally beat the Three Rivers jinx. He said, "What jinx.....I never lost there".
Posted By: bonefish Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 09:49 PM

First off Mike Tomlin will play to win.

Second for all those ragging on the Browns calling out Baker. Calling the team losers etc., etc.

People have short term memory loss. It was not long ago that we went 1-32.

Let that sink in.

So let's have some perspective.

Before this season started we didn't know a thing about Kevin Stefanski. How many coaches have we gone through?

Didn't know if Baker was going to be the guy going forward.
Let's revisit 1-32.

Didn't know what Andrew Berry would really bring to the table. Well free agency and the draft brought some new players and the team is 10-5.

When was our last winning season? 2007.

So moral victories? Well no.

How about victories? How about not losing two games in a row?

The crap that I read on here at times is mind numbing.

Whatever happens the rest of the way. For once we are making real progress.

*And the season is not over. We can beat the Steelers.

After that if we are healthy. We can beat any team.

We will find out because our first playoff game begins next week.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 09:54 PM
1-31.... and our first playoff game was a few weeks ago.
Posted By: bonefish Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 10:09 PM

Thanks for the correction.

Except our season did not end last week.
Posted By: Dawg Citizen Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 10:41 PM
Indy is gong to be the Jags so we have to beat the Steelers to get in. Next week is a must win!
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 11:06 PM
Quote:
I don’t have confidence in us beating Ben because we basically never have

All this means is that PIT is in your head.

It remains to be seen if the same holds true for the actual team that takes the field.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 11:09 PM
It remains to be seen what team will take the field.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 11:15 PM
yeah, because the team that showed up in Pittsburgh was beaten like a small brother
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/28/20 11:15 PM
yeah, because the team that showed up in Pittsburgh was beaten into submission
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 12:00 AM

for us or them lol
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 03:08 AM
Screw Big Ben... I hope he plays... and I hope Myles Garrett tears him a new one...

we're not losing this game....
Posted By: Pdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 03:10 AM
I like the way you think!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 03:15 AM
Good thought jay! You bring up a good point ... we need myles to be more of himself than he has been. He’s really labored with Covid side effects
Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 03:22 AM
Originally Posted By: bonefish

First off Mike Tomlin will play to win.

Second for all those ragging on the Browns calling out Baker. Calling the team losers etc., etc.

People have short term memory loss. It was not long ago that we went 1-32.

Let that sink in.

So let's have some perspective.

Before this season started we didn't know a thing about Kevin Stefanski. How many coaches have we gone through?

Didn't know if Baker was going to be the guy going forward.
Let's revisit 1-32.

Didn't know what Andrew Berry would really bring to the table. Well free agency and the draft brought some new players and the team is 10-5.

When was our last winning season? 2007.

So moral victories? Well no.

How about victories? How about not losing two games in a row?

The crap that I read on here at times is mind numbing.

Whatever happens the rest of the way. For once we are making real progress.

*And the season is not over. We can beat the Steelers.

After that if we are healthy. We can beat any team.

We will find out because our first playoff game begins next week.

If the Browns lose next week and miss the playoffs are you going to hold your head up high and believe better days are ahead?

I hope so. Because that's the only way your perspective makes any sense at all.

I just can't get there.

Baker could get hurt in game 1 next year and be out for the season. Stefanski could have a sophomore slump. Myles, we know, will not play 16 games, and we will lose him at the worst possible time.

Tomorrow is not a given. Take advantage of today. Be present in the moment. Hold your head up high today because the Browns ended the 18 year playoff drought.

Anything less than a win next week, and it's the same old loser Browns.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 03:23 AM
I agree. I think we all are happy with what we’ve seen this year ... but goodness, we are RIGHT there RIGHT now to make the playoffs. Now’s the time. We are worthy. Freaking win this game and knock down that barrier
Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 03:27 AM
I agree. I think we all are happy with what we’ve seen this year ... but goodness, we are RIGHT there RIGHT now to make the playoffs. Now’s the time. We are worthy. Freaking win this game and knock down that barrier

It's too late. When you are handed a 1-13 team to knock down that barrier and choke it away, there's really no coming back from that.

The drought will continue. You don't come back from the embarrassment of yesterday.
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 03:30 AM
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

It's the Jake Taylor philosophy.... only one thing left to do... win the whole friggin thing....

I mean seriously!! Some of these posts are crazy... I don't care if we're playing the 72 dolphins this sunday...we have a chance to make the friggin playoffs.... I actually love our chances... at home, playoffs on the line, and we get pissed off baker... if we get our WRs back it's over.....
Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 03:31 AM
I'm channeling my bizarro jaybird.

Hopefully both work.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 03:33 AM
That's right, we are right there. We were right there yesterday too and looked what happened. That fumble at the end of the game had nothing to do with anything other than Baker fumbled. That's what usually happens to this team at crunch time. It's been happening for 50 years. A fumble, an interception, a crucial penalty, a bad call, a stupid play by one of our players and so on. It happens to other teams too but with us I think it's more. I can't wait for the next episode this coming Sunday. Should be a real side splitter!!!
Posted By: redddog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 03:52 AM
I've been conditioned to expect that the stoolers come and shove it up our beehinds. Until we win a game like this, that won't change.

If you guys think that this defense can stop a motivated stoolers team with a chance to make us look the joke we've been, I'm all for it.

I'm just not seeing how this defense does that.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 03:56 AM
Originally Posted By: redddog
I'm just not seeing how this defense does that.

Speaking of the defense, when does Woods start taking heat?

We lost the Ravens game because two of our defenders bumped into each other.

And every single Jet TD yesterday was on a blown coverage.

Wth. I've never seen a defense so confused for an entire season. It's almost 11pm EST on Monday, and I bet they are still confused from yesterday.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 04:06 AM
The last game in our winless season we played the Steelers. They had clinched and were playing all their backups. We didn't want to finish the season without a win so we played hard. We were driving at the end of the game and we had enough time. 4th down play not far from their end zone. Corey Coleman wide open with room to run nobody around him and he drops an easy pass. Game over. It's like the Steelers didn't care if we beat them and we still couldn't. 3 years later we have a much better team with real hope for the future unlike then. You know what? put us in the same situation and the something negative will happen.Just like yesterday.
Posted By: Pdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 04:54 AM
Be negative all you want.I choose to believe in this team! Make fun of me all you want,I don't give a damn.This is the best team Cleveland has had since the rebirth and I'm choosing not to be miserable for the rest of the season, even if it is only one more week!
Posted By: Hammer Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:02 AM
Here, here.

The negative crap a lot of you posters throw out there makes me want to puke.

Maybe throwing some positivity out there will change things up.
Posted By: slick Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:24 AM
Originally Posted By: jaybird

It's the Jake Taylor philosophy.... only one thing left to do... win the whole friggin thing....

I mean seriously!! Some of these posts are crazy... I don't care if we're playing the 72 dolphins this sunday...we have a chance to make the friggin playoffs.... I actually love our chances... at home, playoffs on the line, and we get pissed off baker... if we get our WRs back it's over.....

Lol I'm sure the players took a hard "pass" on the Jimmy Haslam peel away life size cut out tongue
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 10:11 AM

Lol I'm sure the players took a hard "pass" on the Jimmy Haslam peel away life size cut out tongue
haha but what about Dee wink
Posted By: slick Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 11:08 AM

haha but what about Dee wink

.........good lord
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 12:27 PM
Be negative all you want.I choose to believe in this team! Make fun of me all you want,I don't give a damn.This is the best team Cleveland has had since the rebirth and I'm choosing not to be miserable for the rest of the season, even if it is only one more week!

Amen... screw history... screw Big ben... screw the steelers... I'm praying we get pissed off baker.... defense just needs to be decent if we get an offense that's pissed off... if we get landry back he's gonna be pretty pissed off as well and want to make a statement...
Posted By: bonefish Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 12:48 PM

Same old loser Browns.

That is bs. No matter what happens this team is not a loser.

This team is not the same as any team before it. Stefanski and Berry were not with this team in the capacity they currently are as head coach and GM.

Then go down the roster and see how many players are new to "this" team.

I have no problem playing the Steelers to go to the playoffs no matter who they play. In fact I am glad we are playing them.

Because in order to be a playoff team we should be able to beat one.

I expect to beat them.

I will be sad if we were to lose.

But that will not change my opinion of the progress the Browns have made.

No matter i will go into next season with very high hopes.
I am impressed with the organization as it stands today.

I believe in Baker Mayfield. I think the future is bright for Mayfield/Stefanski relationship.

The thought of starting a camp with continuity is exciting.

I also recognize the Browns are no there - yet.

We do not have a championship caliber defense. We need upgrades on defense.

We may do some damage with what we have because the offense can be dynamic. But I don't think we are good enough to win a Super Bowl.

I will accept however this season ends.

At the same time upsets are part of sports and if we win Sunday who knows?
Posted By: redddog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 12:59 PM
I feel were talking about two different things right now.

Do I want to see us beat the living crap out of the stoolers to punch a ticket to the playoffs, ending the drought against our arch rivals in dramatic fashion, officially ending the dark period of utter dominance they've held over us. Absolutely, yes. I dream about that game. It KILLS me to think about how the cocky stoolers and their mouth-breathing fans laugh us off as the insignificant losers, powerless against them.

But as a football fan, if I'm looking at this game on paper, we're not in a good position. The offense will have to click on all cylinders against, what, the 2nd beat defense in the league? We have to score on every possession. We need touchdowns not field goals. Mainly because we don't have a guy who can be reliable enough to actually kick field goals. If he gets one, it's gravy at this point.

The defense is the WORST defense we have fielded in 20 years. Utterly clueless. We seem to get worse each week. Coverages blown, poorly coached, opponents running free on nearly every play. This will be what dooms us. And it doesn't look like it will be close.

I am no less a fan than any of you. And no one wants to see us beat these bastages more than me. And I pray that I am wrong. Looking objectively at this team and our chances doesn't make you faithless. Stefanski is smart and I think he's gonna get us there one day.

It's this defense.
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 01:30 PM
we better not lose to these fools

https://twitter.com/JRown32/status/1343312413534388224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1343334815941193730%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.radio.com%2F937thefan%2Fsports%2Fpittsburgh-steelers%2Fsteelers-could-face-discipline-after-tiktok-video
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 01:59 PM
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 02:26 PM
Your opinion. That was then. It may play out that way. But I see potential for a Brownies win.

It will take more effort from more people. BM didn't shoot us in the foot; he burned a clip and reloaded. He can improve our chances quickly if he can upgrade to a reasonable game.

I want in. What do you or any critic win with the negative posts? Fan up. I hope you are proved wrong. Root 'em!

Unleash The Elf! brownie brownie brownie thumbsup
Posted By: teedub Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 02:28 PM
See how the NFL and Roger deal with that little video...no masks no distancing...fines? Loss of draft picks? Close contact protocols??

We all know roger doesn't play favorites... so he will turn a blind eye.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 04:06 PM
I do not think we are losers not at all not after winning at least 10 games this year. What I get upset about are the stupid plays at the most inopportune times. Like fumbling on our last 2 possessions. I could see it happening the first time everyone fumbles or throws a pick. But the 2nd fumble at the end is inexcusable. You already fumbled twice your driving and close to the winning or tieing score and you cough it up again? Ridiculous! I understand that we were at a serious disadvantage because of all the guys out but we had a chance to win and made inexcusable mistakes. Other teams would have found a way to beat a team like the Jets.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:13 PM
j/c....

Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:13 PM

It had to be this way.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:15 PM
Sit em all!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:17 PM
Let’s hope Watt, Fitzpatrick, Haden, and Hayward follow suit
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:18 PM

I would guess at least Pouncey, Hayward, and Haden are out.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:20 PM
Milk, for some reason I can't see your post.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:20 PM
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:23 PM
Before anyway says “I want to beat the Steelers at their best”, remember when the Colts sat their starters and let the Titans into the playoffs over us? It doesn’t matter how you get in, just that you do it.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:25 PM
Going live to Myles Garrett......

Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:26 PM
Before anyway says “I want to beat the Steelers at their best”, remember when the Colts sat their starters and let the Titans into the playoffs over us? It doesn’t matter how you get in, just that you do it.

Totally agree... I don't care who is playing... we just need to win
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:27 PM

With the -7/ -7.5 opening line, Vegas knew what was going down.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:30 PM
The line is -9.5 now
Posted By: WSU Willie Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:34 PM

I hope Haden PLAYS
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:44 PM
but can you imagine the disgrace of losing to the Steelers backups! I honestly think we can beat the Steelers this week with their starters but I'd hate to lose to the backups!
Posted By: FATE Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:46 PM

And for anyone that still insists... We'll get that chance the following week in Pittsburgh. Book it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:47 PM

And for anyone that still insists... We'll get that chance the following week in Pittsburgh. Book it.

yeah, it appears that may be the case. In pittsburgh or Buffalo would both be huge challenges. I just hope we get the chance
Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:49 PM

If Buffalo rests their starters and Miami wins or Miami just happens to wins either way...Browns will be the 7th seed and playing the Bills.

I'd rather play Pittsburgh in round 1. Go Bills!
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:52 PM

I haven't been following all the possible scenarios that much but isn't playing the Steelers in the wild card round the third most likely scenario after Buffalo or Tennessee/Indianapolis?

I say this only because the 5th and 7th seed is the most likely slot for us.

Please correct me if I have it mixed up.
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:54 PM
I think we match up better with Steelers though it's always tough to play a team for a third time...

Bills just look unbelievable especially recently...
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:58 PM
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

I haven't been following all the possible scenarios that much but isn't playing the Steelers in the wild card round the third most likely scenario after Buffalo or Tennessee/Indianapolis?

I say this only because the 5th and 7th seed is the most likely slot for us.

Please correct me if I have it mixed up.

Yes... we could be anywhere from the 5-7th seed... Looking at the games I think if we win most likely we'd end up the 7th with how the other games will likely play out... the biggest question to me is what does Buffalo do... if Miami pulls off the win we'd move up to 6th and go against Pittsburgh again... we'd need some big time help to get up to the 5th which woudl pit us against Tenn...
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 05:59 PM
I aslo find it crazy that there's a chance NYG could make it at 6-10... if Washington loses to the Eagles and NY beats the Cowboys then the Giants are in with 6 wins... crazy
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 06:05 PM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 06:06 PM
that’s unnerving
Posted By: redddog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 06:35 PM
I hate that line.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 06:39 PM
It’s moved to Browns -10
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 06:41 PM
That's just i insulting. In with that few number of wins? Shameful. Tanking for Trevor seems odd now. Get in easy.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 09:14 PM
Milk, for some reason I can't see your post.

You missed a doozy, then.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 10:07 PM
Pit wants to play us round 1.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 10:11 PM
Maybe your joking but that statement, considering how they've handled us over the years, may have a lot of merit.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 10:15 PM
I'm not joking. Tomlin thinks they can blow through us with Ben at QB and rested. I bet all of their best players sit.
Posted By: redddog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/29/20 11:57 PM
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I'm not joking. Tomlin thinks they can blow through us with Ben at QB and rested. I bet all of their best players sit.

I think we have a winner. Who do they play if they beat us?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 12:00 AM
That depends on other teams, but I'd guess the titans, dolphins, or ravens. But they think they have an advantage with us because they have dominated us so long.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 12:01 AM
Well, if the Bills win they wouldn’t be playing us
Posted By: kwhip Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 09:35 AM
Can anyone see how Baltimore can be Eliminated?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 10:20 AM
Originally Posted By: kwhip
they have to lose and have Cleveland, Miami, Tennessee, and Indianapolis all win
Posted By: kwhip Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 10:23 AM
they have to lose and have Cleveland, Miami, Tennessee, and Indianapolis all win

There's No scenario that if they Win they can still be eliminated?

You're saying they Win and they're In?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 11:10 AM

yep ... they beat cincy and they’re in
Posted By: slick Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 12:17 PM

yep ... they beat cincy and they’re in

The way Cinci has been playing lately perhaps it is a more dangerous game for the ravens that previously believed
Posted By: redddog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 12:49 PM
The way you hey are playing, I have the rats in the SB.

Hope I'm wrong. I absolutely cannot stand them.
Posted By: Hammer Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 03:51 PM
No way.

Who have they beaten lately (DAL, CLE, JAC, NYG) - wow.

KC and Buffalo way above the Rats.
Posted By: RedBaron Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 05:33 PM
If Baltimore loses only Cleveland and the Colts have to win to eliminate them. At a 10-6 tie, both Tennessee and Miami get in over them.

If they win they are in though.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 05:34 PM
I really wish that we needed the TITANS to lose instead of the COLTS ... if that were the scenario, I’d actually think it’s a semi decent chance
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 06:14 PM
Posted By: bonefish Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 07:12 PM

Actually I like how this turned out.

I want the Steelers.

We are either a playoff team or we are not. Our playoffs begin this Sunday.

If we win it doesn't matter who we play. We are either good enough to win or not.

Only one team gets to win it all. The rest will face the off season like all the other teams.

Play the Steelers twice. Sure. We can beat them.

Just win or lose and go home.
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 09:58 PM
I really wish that we needed the TITANS to lose instead of the COLTS ... if that were the scenario, I’d actually think it’s a semi decent chance

We don't need anyone to lose... we win we're in...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 11:05 PM

We don't need anyone to lose... we win we're in...
yeah, ideally!
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/30/20 11:23 PM
I like the tone of this in your post. We are our record. This team has improved and has plenty of upside in a sensible regular season. We have dead spots and down performance games, but Stefanski has has made silk purses, and Callahan is amazing.

It is the Steelers, and we can play with them. Like it or not, we are our record. We are not where most of us want to be yet. But we are relevant and playing at the end of the season. And we need to admit that whatever growth we experienced this year, the growing is over for the season for the most part. Beat these guys and we are in. Might as well. naughtydevil
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 12:08 AM
I agree we're not where we (as fans) want us to be.... but damn... how many of us thought we'd be in the playoff hunt this year?!? I'm thrilled with how we've done this year... it's frustrating because we left a few very winnable games on the field... and next year we'll have a tough schedule... but this team has me really excited! We still have a chance to do some damage in the playoffs this year if we can get in and I think we're only going to get better... we have a solid QB, great running game, and most importantly a coaching staff!!

Fix the defense next year and we're taking the AFC North
Posted By: bonefish Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 01:01 AM

In some way the fan reaction at least on this board is very strange.

New head who has never been a head coach. Berry, the youngest GM. Two guys we really did not know.

Then we had the whole Covid protocol camp. Zoom meetings and very little real practice.

The Baker question hanging because of where he is in his contract and not knowing if he is the guy.

Season starts with a beat down. Then we begin to improve.

It gets to a point where everyone expects to win. Like we had entered the season as favorites.

Well we are on the door step to the playoffs. We have already won 10 games and we control our own destiny.

We have proved we belong. I like having to go through Pittsburgh. We have to beat them. It is important that we prove to them that what happened before no longer counts.

We are the new sheriff in town. From now on we are the big boys of the block. The last game against the Ravens. We gave them a taste of the future. Two chip shot kicks cost the game.

We are in a excellent position to be a very good team for a long time.

I was not sure this day would ever come. I was thinking can we have a winning season? Can we win nine games?

Think about searching for another quarterback. Opening another camp with a quarterback battle. Please spare me that.

Sure I want it all right now.

But really I am thrilled to be here now.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 01:28 AM

Think about searching for another quarterback. Opening another camp with a quarterback battle. Please spare me that.

And searching for a new head coach...
Posted By: myka Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 01:38 AM

In some way the fan reaction at least on this board is very strange.

New head who has never been a head coach. Berry, the youngest GM. Two guys we really did not know.

Then we had the whole Covid protocol camp. Zoom meetings and very little real practice.

The Baker question hanging because of where he is in his contract and not knowing if he is the guy.

Season starts with a beat down. Then we begin to improve.

It gets to a point where everyone expects to win. Like we had entered the season as favorites.

Well we are on the door step to the playoffs. We have already won 10 games and we control our own destiny.

We have proved we belong. I like having to go through Pittsburgh. We have to beat them. It is important that we prove to them that what happened before no longer counts.

We are the new sheriff in town. From now on we are the big boys of the block. The last game against the Ravens. We gave them a taste of the future. Two chip shot kicks cost the game.

We are in a excellent position to be a very good team for a long time.

I was not sure this day would ever come. I was thinking can we have a winning season? Can we win nine games?

Sure I want it all right now.

But really I am thrilled to be here now.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not upset at the coaches or the players. They did their best and battled against adversity.

Just sick of being rebuffed by the NFL.

Ravens getting 3 postponed games for covid, but they can't even move ours 1 day when we lose 7 players is nuts. Then in the games themselves the terrible officiating (Darnold fumble, Garrett getting facemasked all game vs Ravens, etc.).

It's not THAT we lose, it's HOW we lose. If we miss the playoffs at 10-6 due to the worst freak case of last minute covid in the whole NFL, while the NFL did nothing to help us causing us to lose to the WORST team (I guess maybe Jacksonville is worse, but I'd say they're tied), then I'd rather have just been 9-7 or 8-8.

It's the TEASE the Browns do every year. 10-6 this year means NOTHING for next year. RAC went 10-6 then the team imploded.

Making the playoffs gets the media off our back a little and makes us a slightly more attractive spot for FAs. To be robbed of that by the NFL is just unacceptable.

I mean, do I really need to start listing rip offs? Enough is enough. If we don't win this week I won't be spending another dime on the NFL.
Posted By: slick Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 02:30 AM
Anyone known if the Bill's will be playing thier starters? I'm assuming not
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 03:18 AM
Anyone known if the Bill's will be playing thier starters? I'm assuming not
josh Allen is playing ... not sure about other starters
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 10:30 AM
I agree our game could have and should have been postponed a day or 2. It wouldn't have hurt anything.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 04:01 PM
I agree our game could have and should have been postponed a day or 2. It wouldn't have hurt anything.

Except of preparation for week 17.

Games have not been postponed due to a competitive disadvantage. The Broncos played with no QB. The Ravens games were postponed because there was massive spread of the virus inside the team facility.
Posted By: FATE Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 04:31 PM

Except of preparation for week 17.

Games have not been postponed due to a competitive disadvantage. The Broncos played with no QB. The Ravens games were postponed because there was massive spread of the virus inside the team facility.

I call complete bs on the second week postponement. The virus was already contained, contacts were traced, etc, etc, etc... Players cried and moaned that they didn't "feel comfortable" playing Tuesday. They seemed to be fine playing the following day though... Hmm, what do you know, that's the day Lamar was eligible to return. Game was postponed to suit the needs of the Ravens as they saw fit. Period.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 04:42 PM
Lamar Jackson didn’t play.
Posted By: RedBaron Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 06:00 PM
The postponement the following week as a result of the 3 postponements the first week is what allowed Lamar to play.

I do get your frustration though.
Posted By: FATE Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 06:07 PM

Yes he did. I said the second week. Outbreak was over, they were just waiting to come off quarantine list. Players said they didn't feel comfortable playing Tuesday, but were just fine with Wednesday, since Lamar could then return to the field... NFL said "whatever you want, you're the Ravens so we'll make adjustments".
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 06:09 PM

Yes he did. I said the second week. Outbreak was over, they were just waiting to come off quarantine list. Players said they didn't feel comfortable playing Tuesday, but were just fine with Wednesday, since Lamar could then return to the field... NFL said "whatever you want, you're the Ravens so we'll make adjustments".

I can’t stop you from believing that, I’ll just say it’s far fetched and paranoid.
Posted By: FATE Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 06:12 PM

I can’t stop you from believing that, I’ll just say it’s far fetched and paranoid.

Believing what? The facts? I'm not making anything up!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 06:15 PM

Believing what? The facts? I'm not making anything up!

It is not a fact that they delayed the game so that any certain player could play.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 06:16 PM
The world revolves around perception
Posted By: Pdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 06:38 PM
Big blow to Dolphins
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 06:42 PM
And to our chances at the Miami/Baltimore win and Tennessee loss route
Posted By: Pdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 06:45 PM
And to our chances at the Miami/Baltimore win and Tennessee loss route

But our odds of the sixth seed went up.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 07:16 PM
I’ll just let the chips fall where they may. I’m satisfied in how the Browns turned it around this year and are in the running for a playoff birth. The NFC north has 3 teams with double digit wins and have been put on notice we’re for real. That alone is so satisfying. Imagine how I’ll feel if they take down the Steelers.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 12/31/20 11:47 PM
We're in the AFC.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/01/21 02:50 AM
Tomato, to-mah-to
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 12:34 AM
I predict Buffalo wins the Super Bowl.
Posted By: bonefish Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 01:05 PM

This game is for the playoffs. We are either a playoff team or not.

However, keep in mind how close we really are.
A extra point and a 38 yard field against the Ravens.

Win there and all this looks hollow.

Jets game. 8 starters out on covid. Does anyone think we lose that game with our starters playing?

This win means something because of all that has transpired.

However, big picture we are a ascending team. We have already taken a giant step forward.

I want this game because of the stigma of being a playoff team.

But come next year this year will all be forgotten.
The NFL is a week to week world.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 05:47 PM
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
I predict Buffalo wins the Super Bowl.

Honestly if and when the Browns are out, the Bills winning would make me the happiest. That said I'm not willing to do anything but root for the Browns one game at a time right now
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 05:53 PM
Same here
Posted By: Dawgs4Life AFC Playoffs - 01/03/21 09:05 PM
YES we are included smile

Cleveland at Pittsburgh next week
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoffs - 01/03/21 09:06 PM
Holy crap.
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoffs - 01/03/21 09:07 PM
WE'RE IN!!!!!
Posted By: lampdogg Re: AFC Playoffs - 01/03/21 09:15 PM
Finally.

And was that game hard to watch!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoffs - 01/03/21 09:16 PM
Finally.

And was that game hard to watch!
one of the toughest ever
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: AFC Playoffs - 01/03/21 09:24 PM
We are in and another monkey is ripped off our back! Great win, however ugly. And we had a kicker today.

Looking ahead to next week, this win might be an example of "be careful what you wish for."

We are in. Might as well win it all.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 09:25 PM
BROWNS HAVE CLILNCHED!!

Took to the last chance to do it, but Browns have Clinched.

End Thread!
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 09:27 PM
BROWNS HAVE CLILNCHED!

THROW LONG says it, it must be true.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC Playoffs - 01/03/21 09:27 PM
I have NO DOUBT

Both Indy and Miami, and Cleveland and Baltimore and other for that matter,

Would have little trouble winning a playoff game in the NFC this year, if available.

The Afc has been a way more competitive league.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 09:49 PM
BROWNS HAVE CLILNCHED!

THROW LONG says it, it must be true.

Does this reverse the other 1,000+ times that he's said that you can book it that we will miss the playoffs. I get so confused. superconfused
Posted By: Jester Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 09:55 PM
I think we need to run the ball more next week. Seems as if Stefanski has lost his focus the past few games.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 09:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Jester
I think we need to run the ball more next week. Seems as if Stefanski has lost his focus the past few games.

Scheme has done a complete 180. Run and play action heavy to shotgun and empty backfield heavy. I understood it when he made the change about 5 games ago. Did not understand it today at all.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 10:13 PM

Remains to be seen - but while I slammed KS for the empty backfields earlier in the season, from memory I think they worked at a very high % today.

Feels to me like KS has been making adjustments all season - from doing a lot of rollouts, to very few. Some empty sets, to very few/none. The QB keeper to run out the game today was the first time we've ever seen that ..... I think KS is being shrewd. Hope he doesn't get too cute, but I do like doing the opposite of what's expected if the execution matches.
Posted By: DevilDawg2847 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 10:50 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Remains to be seen - but while I slammed KS for the empty backfields earlier in the season, from memory I think they worked at a very high % today.

Feels to me like KS has been making adjustments all season - from doing a lot of rollouts, to very few. Some empty sets, to very few/none. The QB keeper to run out the game today was the first time we've ever seen that ..... I think KS is being shrewd. Hope he doesn't get too cute, but I do like doing the opposite of what's expected if the execution matches.

I'm really hoping this is the case
Posted By: lampdogg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 10:55 PM
Kareem blocked like a crazed dawg on that game-clinching Baker run.
Posted By: Frenchy Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 11:11 PM
When will they announce game times?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 11:12 PM
Originally Posted By: Frenchy
When will they announce game times?
tonight after SNF
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/03/21 11:34 PM
So there are 6 slots for games next weekend:

Saturday - 1:10 and 4:40 and 8:20
Sunday - 1:10 and 4:40 and 8:20

I’m guessing we play Sunday at 1:10 ... just a hunch
Posted By: slick Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 12:33 AM

It will probably be Saturday. Meaning there is no chance of getting back ward or Johnson. Even of we play Sunday they may not be able to play because there are a bunch of tests that they have to pass that day
Posted By: Hammer Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 12:58 AM
and there he is, right on cue.
Posted By: Steubenvillian Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 01:08 AM

It will probably be Saturday. Meaning there is no chance of getting back ward or Johnson. Even of we play Sunday they may not be able to play because there are a bunch of tests that they have to pass that day

I hope the NFL uses their heads on this one. Look at the teams playing, and adjust the schedule to make it as viable for teams to have their best players available.

I think our game is going to be a key match up. Plus with the following the Steelers have and also the Browns first trip to the playoffs in 18 years, the story line lends to a huge viewing audience and high ratings. Just hope they choose Sunday.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 01:12 AM

And if that is the case then it is what it is.

Life is too short to be this miserable over something that should be fun.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 01:13 AM
The NFL already said they are not scheduling games based on the availability of players. They didn’t make as much money this year and will maximize the opportunities to make as much as possible.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 01:20 AM
Saturday 1:05 (ABC/ESPN)
Saturday 4:40 (NBC)
Saturday 8:15 (CBS)
Sunday 1:05 (FOX)
Sunday 4:40 (CBS/Prime/Nickelodeon)
Sunday 8:15 (NBC)

That’s the assumed tv assignments ... so we can probably rule out Sunday at 1:05
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 01:22 AM
I would guess Saturday at one.
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 01:49 AM
I guess Saturday night.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:10 AM
We are Sunday night
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:12 AM
Originally Posted By: FrankZ
We are Sunday night

Just announced it on Sunday Night Football smile
Posted By: Schadenfreude Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:12 AM
Originally Posted By: FrankZ
We are Sunday night

Last time slot for that weekend; might you guys get some of your Covid players back if testing goes well?

BTW: Now is NOT the time to have Covid-19 exposures if possible.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:13 AM
Love it!

Posted By: FrankZ Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:15 AM
I think Ward is a long shot from a disease point of view (Covid doesn't care about 10 day time frames).

The upside is he has a chance.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:16 AM
Oh boy
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:17 AM
Wild Card Saturday

Colts @ Bills 1pm ET

Rams @ Seattle 4:40 ET

Buccaneers @ NFC East 8:15 ET

Wild Card Sunday

Ravens @ Titans 1:05 ET

Bears @ Saints 4:40 ET

Browns @ Steelers 8:15 ET
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:23 AM
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:23 AM
Excellent
Posted By: Milk Man Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:28 AM
....And BJ Goodson and Sendejo.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:29 AM
and Sendejo.

No need to be like that.. rofl
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:33 AM
Fantastic news!!! Chance to get our players back and start is after kids bedtime!!! Should have no distractions!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:35 AM
Browns on Sunday night.
OSU on Monday night.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:37 AM
18 years ago, the Browns played Steelers in playoffs on a Sunday afternoon, two days after Buckeyes played Miami for title. This year , Cle Pitt play Sunday night.. the next night Bucks play Alabama for title
https://twitter.com/JohnTelich8/status/1345922012934451202
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:39 AM
Browns on Sunday night.
OSU on Monday night.
two longgggg days lol
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:40 AM
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:42 AM
Fantastic news!!! Chance to get our players back and start is after kids bedtime!!! Should have no distractions!
jc
Heard Greedy is on Twitter that he's trying to get on the field for the game
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:42 AM
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg
jc
lmao goodness
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:42 AM
Gonna be an emotional weekend
Posted By: Moxdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 03:01 AM
A 70% Greedy would be better than a undrafted player we started today
Posted By: EveDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 03:22 AM
Can we please put everyone in a bubble so no more covid?
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 03:24 AM
Xv

Jeff Schudel
@jsproinsider
·
21m
Playing the Steelers on Jan. 10 means the #Browns will get Denzel Ward back from COVID along with linebackers B.J. Goodson and Malcolm Smith plus safety Andrew Sendejo. No Ward or Smith if the game were Saturday
Posted By: 85_Browns_Queen Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 06:24 AM
Nothing brings me more joy than to stick it to Steelers fans after all of the "well y'all barely beat our backups". If we win it would be epic!
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 01:29 PM
NFL Wildcard Weekend lines (BetOnline):

Colts @ Bills -6.5
Rams @ Seahawks -4.5
Buccaneers @ Washington +7.5
Ravens @ Titans +3.5
Bears @ Saints -9.5
Browns @ Steelers -3.5
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 01:47 PM
So Vegas sees us as the closest matchup this weekend? Hmmm...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 02:52 PM
I really thought that line would be around 6 or 6.5 ... we’ll see if it moves
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 04:10 PM
Steelers are beatable if we are healthy ..
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 10:27 PM

AFC Wild Card: Browns at Steelers, 8:15 p.m. NBC TELEMUNDO PEACOCK
Shawn Smith is the referee, who is in his 6th season and 3rd as referee. This is Smith’s 5th postseason assignment, including 3 Wild Card Playoffs, a Divisional Playoff, and a Conference Championship.

Yrs 2020 crew College Occupation
R 14 Shawn Smith 6 Ferris State finance
U 92 Bryan Neale 7 Smith Indiana sales consultant
DJ 79 Kent Payne 17 Novak Nebraska Wesleyan agribusinessman
LJ 75 Mark Stewart 3 Clark Pittsburg State rancher
FJ 109 Dyrol Prioleau 14 Smith Johnson C Smith manager, law firm
SJ 58 Don Willard 3 Vinovich Illinois State physical therapist
BJ 119 Greg Wilson 13 Cheffers USC retired police officer
Replay
Replay official: Roddy Ames
Replay assistant: Gerald Frye
Alternates
R Clete Blakeman
U Rich Hall
DJ Tripp Sutter
FJ Gary Cavaletto
BJ Greg Steed

http://www.footballzebras.com/2021/01/wild-card-assignments-2020/
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/04/21 10:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg
jc

Who?

tongue
Posted By: Rishuz Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/05/21 01:04 PM
I really thought that line would be around 6 or 6.5 ... we’ll see if it moves

Same. I'm hoping it moves down by the end of the week indicating the sharps like the Browns. I'm almost hoping it moves in the other direction to get some nice value on a moneyline bet. thumbsup
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/11/21 07:52 PM

Sunday, Jan. 17
AFC Divisional: Browns at Chiefs, 3:05 p.m. CBS
Clay Martin is the referee, who is in his 6th season and 3rd as referee. This is Martin’s 2nd postseason assignment, and his first as referee. His first assignment, a Wild Card Playoff, was as an umpire.

Divisional Round Odds

Rams +7 @ Packers (46)
Ravens +2.5 @ Bills (50)
Browns +10 @ Chiefs (55.5)
Bucs +3 @ Saints (51.5)

https://twitter.com/betonline_ag/status/1348508886588825600
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/11/21 07:56 PM
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/11/21 08:39 PM
Keep it coming.
Posted By: Psydeffect Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/11/21 08:41 PM

Well, a little extra motivation never hurt.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/11/21 08:50 PM
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

Did JuJu chime in yet and say, "Y'all might want to stop."
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/11/21 08:56 PM
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

Or punctuation.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/11/21 11:54 PM
I don’t like Clay Martin as an official either ... then again, I don’t like many of them haha
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/12/21 12:08 AM
Wee in the Elite 8
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/12/21 12:22 AM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Wee in the Elite 8
by the time we play, there will only be SIX possible NFL champions:

Packers
Bills
Saints/Bucs
Chiefs/Browns
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/12/21 12:42 AM
Wee in the Elite 8

Packers
Bills
Saints/Bucs
Chiefs/Browns

Ravens will smash Buffalo.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/12/21 12:48 AM
Wee in the Elite 8

Packers
Bills
Saints/Bucs
Chiefs/Browns

wow you think? I think it’ll be close
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/12/21 12:55 AM
Wee in the Elite 8

Packers
Bills
Saints/Bucs
Chiefs/Browns

wow you think? I think it’ll be close

I think by at least 10.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/12/21 01:09 AM
Wee in the Elite 8

Packers
Bills
Saints/Bucs
Chiefs/Browns

Nope. They can't because I dreamt we drubbed the Bills in the AFC title game, so the Ravens simply lose. That's all there is to it.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/12/21 12:21 PM
Wee in the Elite 8

Packers
Bills
Saints/Bucs
Chiefs/Browns

Nope. They can't because I dreamt we drubbed the Bills in the AFC title game, so the Ravens simply lose. That's all there is to it.

Can't argue with science.
Posted By: Hammer Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/12/21 04:09 PM
Bills will beat the Ravens - mark it down.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/12/21 04:20 PM
If the Bills can shut down their run game (I think they can) then things will start falling their way as they get later on in the game.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/12/21 09:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Bills will beat the Ravens - mark it down.

I hope you are right, but I am thinking Lamar will run wild.
Posted By: FrankZ Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/13/21 12:03 AM
On one hand I would like to see the Ravens out as fast as possible.

There would be a certain amount of vengeance in us knocking the out in the AFC championship.
Posted By: jaybird Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/13/21 03:53 AM
Snow should help...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/13/21 04:06 AM
I had a thought about Baker throwing a pass against the chiefs in the red zone, (pocket middle to slightly our left) filmed facing the back of the defense and the faces of the offense. a couple times this year.

Then, at 3 am, (this week) I had a thought of, Chiefs player qb, drops back heading left with a teammate to throw to in the same left backfield,
then he turns 180- throws a pass still in the backfield to his right,
and the pass is caught amongst a 2 fer
of 2 Browns players meeting the pass catcher at the same time as the ball and driving the pass catcher down for an even further loss,
and the Brown on the right had the hair tale coming out from under his helmet,

Kind of a front on overhead camera, sky eye camera view of a replay overhead, it's like I was watching it.
Posted By: jfanent Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/13/21 11:57 AM
Next time you go to the dispensary, tell them you need to try a new strain.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/13/21 02:49 PM
Snow should help...
good point
Posted By: Clemdawg Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/14/21 05:04 AM
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/15/21 02:40 AM
Rams are going to beat the Packers, I think.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/15/21 02:43 PM
Rams are going to beat the Packers, I think.
this would surprise me!
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/15/21 03:45 PM
I would be a little surprised too but good D travels and the Rams D is good. The weather will play a big part I think. Have to look up the forecast.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/15/21 03:48 PM
Weather shouldn't be a factor. High 35, low 26 10-15 MPH wind. No where near as bad as it could be for Green Bay in January.
Posted By: Hammer Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/15/21 04:55 PM
Goff shrivels in the cold - 35 degrees is very cold for Californians.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: AFC Playoff Chase - 01/15/21 06:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Goff shrivels in the cold - 35 degrees is very cold for Californians.

Confirm. If it gets below 60 here people start their fireplaces.
© DawgTalkers.net