Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
Hello, Hack. Good to see you again. On paper, I think it leans our way.

Fair and objective assessment IMO. Wondered gif you felt Rudolph is the Future or not. We made him look like a champ. I really don't see him as a regular starter. Just wondered what the feeling out of your fans might be.

Quote:
Honestly Bens replacement is probably a freshman in college. They will keep taking a flyer on a Ruldolph type every year or two.

Last time we played against Rudolph, we beat him like a drum...not just Myles.

Last edited by TrooperDawg; 12/31/20 10:44 PM.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg
No way Rudolph will be able to score with us.

We lost last year to a guy named Duck, and now you just spoke *that* into existence.... have you not seen our Defense this year????

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
No way Rudolph will be able to score with us.

We lost last year to a guy named Duck, and now you just spoke *that* into existence.... have you not seen our Defense this year????
haha yeah, I’m WAY worried about both sides of the ball. Pittsburgh is gonna be highly motivated, I’ll guarantee that. Even though they will be missing their top 3-4 players, they’ll wanna beat us very badly

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Thanks for the note. Underneath my posted questions for Hack, I really want to usher in the Rudolph dynasty of losing to us. I vote to keep him. Same as Marvelous Marv and the Bungles. rofl

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The key is to get an early lead. But minus that to really just get MR to have to throw the ball. Pitt isn't going to change what they have done all year. 3 yard passes have been substituted for a real running game. Hack said it best when he said he believes Pitt will take a RB in the draft. Their RB's stink. Our Run D isn't the best but they can shut down the run when they choose too. An early lead will take away any ideas they have about running.

MR is going to need to step up in the pocket MG beat the hell out of him last year. On nearly every play Garret hit him, that needs to continue but the real key is going to be making him back up in the pocket so Garret can nail his ass.

I don't see us losing this game. We will display how far this team has come at least on the offensive side of the ball, from there I don't see Pitt being able to keep pace. I believe that even if Ben plays.

I have written Pitt off many times so here goes again. I have seen things from Ben this year that lead me to believe that his elbow injury is sort of day to day. But it's impossible IMO to not notice his lack of zip and accuracy when trying to get the ball down the field. How he plays depends on how he feels that day, from where I sit he has more bad days then good. Pitt has done a fabulous job scheming up their offense to deal with their limited ability to run on a consistent bases and to get the ball out quickly in the passing game. When the quick passing game is taken away and they are forced to work the ball down the field things get iffy for them.

We WILL win this game, in fact I don't believe it will even be close.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
What is a Kyle Brandt and why would Baker need a pep talk from him?

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
And why would BM listen? And why would this matter to him in the first place?

Let him listen to the coach's speech in Any Given Sunday. Better yet, let him listen to Patton's address to the troops. That stirs me up.

Just win, baby. Unleash The Elf at last.

Go, Browns! brownie

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Kyle is a cohost of a show on NFL Network called Good Morning Football. On his resume is he was on a reality Tv show that was on MTV.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
QB for the Bills? Part of Jim Rome Show? BM has to have better things to do. Get the Patton dusted off.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Baker doesn't need a pep talk from anybody. He is self motivated like any good employee is. I got on him for those fumbles because I'm frustrated from these things happening for the last 50+ years. I want him to be our franchise QB, to do well and most of all to win Sunday. I don't care if we win because Pittsburgh doesn't play their starters. Did anyone care when they rolled over us because we had our 3rd or even 4th string QB playing. Bruce Gradkowski anyone. I don't know if we'll win Sunday but I sure hope so!!!

Legend
Legend
Kyle is a cohost of a show on NFL Network called Good Morning Football. On his resume is he was on a reality Tv show that was on MTV.

Sooooo, he's just another nobody that likes to hear himself talk.

Browns is the Browns

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Here's an interesting idea.... bring all of the Watt brothers to CLE.

We had our chance. We took Jabrill Peppers and David Njoku instead. I remember it vividly as I screamed at the TV all day.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
You are replying to me but I didn’t say what your quote says. Someone else did.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Legend
Legend
P
It was all part of the five year plan.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Line of scrimmage.

Browns offensive line against the Steelers front.

If we control the LOS we win. It will set up the run and open play action.

On defense losing Ward really hurts. It will be on the DL to stop their run game and apply non-stop pressure on Rudolph.

This game is about the big boys.

They are resting defensive linemen and offensive linemen.

That is where we must win this game.

Win there and rest will be easy.

Legend
Legend
Myles Garrett will be this week's game captain. Kevin Stefanski says in no way is it a call back to last year "It's a big game and we want to send the big guy out there"

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/1345094540865236993

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
An interesting aside, Garrett Gilbert started for the Cowboys against Pittsburgh week nine. Gilbert completed 21-of-38 passes for 243 yards, one touchdown and an interception in his first career start. He was Baker’s best man, so MAYBE he has some tidbits to share. But eight weeks ago is an eternity in this league.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Mentally I have gone full circle.

I was stressed out about the covid list. Who was going to play on both teams.

I am past all that.

I don't care if they force the long snapper to play quarterback.

Just win this damn game. Win this game. Get to the playoffs. Get that damn monkey off our back.

I am so sick of all curse crap. All the media pouring over all our failures. All the crap about our record. How many times we have lost to the Steelers. The quarterback list.
Who was our coach way back then. Remember Kelly Holcomb?

Win this game and start a new conversation. What we now have in place. Where we are headed. Going to camp with the same coaches. No quarterback controversy. How we can be a great team for years.

Win Sunday.

Legend
Legend
Exactly. In the words of Bill Parcells ... “this is why you lift all them weights”

There’s a time to just do it

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What is a Kyle Brandt and why would Baker need a pep talk from him?

That's my line! rofl

What is a Kyle Brandt?????????

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
You are replying to me but I didn’t say what your quote says. Someone else did.

When posters use "Quick Reply" it shows the person who started the thread as the one being replied to. Its why I wish we'd dump "Quick Reply".

Legend
Legend
Unless the poster clicks the Quick Reply link in a specific post, then it shows as being a reply to that post in particular.

Only if the poster uses the quick reply box without first clicking Quick Reply on a specific post will it default to showing as a reply to the original post.

Browns is the Browns

D
Legend
Legend
D
I was referring to the box at the bottom of the page.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
j/c

I think above all this is a game where we have to get back to basics. Since Baker got the hot hand we've seen the offense start to shade a little to the 1 dimensional. In a way I don't blame Ski because you should ride that horse but Baker was throwing way too much too early last week. I know the run game wasn't producing early but it always hasn't. Its strength has always been what it can do in the latter half of the game.

With our O=Line back there is no reason we don't put Chubb and Hunt back in front and let this offense run through them. Take the pressure off of Baker to be the driving force and let him feel it out, look for his shots. They'll be there. There is no reason to force anything.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'd love to see Chubb and Hunt on the field at the same time a lot more than we have. I think they force a defense to be on their heels, even if just a split second, to make sure who actually has the ball.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Dave
I'd love to see Chubb and Hunt on the field at the same time a lot more than we have. I think they force a defense to be on their heels, even if just a split second, to make sure who actually has the ball.

One thing I don't we mention all that much is just how consistent our players have been this season in carrying through their play fakes. Too often we see QBs and RBs half-arse the motions and reveal the fake too early. Not our guys. When they get a defense to bite, they get them to bite hard. IMO its the motions that a player does when he doesn't have the ball to sell it that makes play action effective.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
Yes, that would be the box I spoke of. If you just type in it and hit submit, then yes, your reply will look like it is addressed to the original post. However, if you click Quick Reply on a post like I just did to yours, then the page automatically moves you to the bottom of the page and you can type in that same box, and when you hit Submit it will now show you as replying to that post and NOT the original post.

Browns is the Browns

D
Legend
Legend
D
Play-action is a thing Mayfield doesn't get enough credit for, IMO. He's really good at it.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

lets hope we see it Sunday

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
Play-action is a thing Mayfield doesn't get enough credit for, IMO. He's really good at it.

Some of the most convincing play fakes in the game today. Some are just beautiful. That ball virtually disappears sometimes.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
I have said this as well all year at various times, and with Landry, we have another passer. The idea of Chubb off tackle and Hunt wider just seems to me a great idea. Play action off of this, BM running some, Challenge their D with a few different things.

Playoffs! : Unleash. The. Elf. brownie

Legend
Legend
We've made the following roster moves:

Signed:
G Blake Hance (from the Jets’ PS)

Activated from Reserve/COVID-19:
S Karl Joseph

Elevated from practice squad:
G Cordell Iwuagwu (standard elevation)
LB Montrel Meander (COVID-19 replacement)
T Alex Taylor (COVID-19 replacement)

#gmstrong
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
We should be able to win this game. As it's been said before, if we don't, we didn't belong anyway.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: redddog
We should be able to win this game. As it's been said before, if we don't, we didn't belong anyway.
thats where I am too ... tired of worrying about who’s playing or if we can do it.

As Hamlet said: to be or not to be, that is the question

Legend
Legend
Come to the table hungry! Hope we put it on them. VERY eager for this game. This is looking better for us IMO. I am leery of it, having been snakebitten over the years by this game.

Get this danged monkey off our back!

Go, Browns!

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: redddog

And win easily.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Bard Dawg
I have said this as well all year at various times, and with Landry, we have another passer. The idea of Chubb off tackle and Hunt wider just seems to me a great idea. Play action off of this, BM running some, Challenge their D with a few different things.

Playoffs! : Unleash. The. Elf. brownie

That's flubbed up imo.

One of the worst things they did against the jets was line Hunt out wide.
It took him out of the game.

What hunt did for eleven games is what he needs to do here,

Not pretend to play Wr in one week when there were others I mentioned,
Even Ward, both dbs' KJ, KJ,

Just don't line hunt up out wide.

Geesh, Hitler didn't move his tanks either. (oy vey. where the x did my mind go)

... Chubb has fallen off as a consistent every down threat.
He needs Hunt there to actually get the carries that'll win this game.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Steelers 22 Beating Pittsburgh

Link Copied to Clipboard