Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
I blame the corporate pillagers who made a mockery of the democracy ages ago. Tie that with lousy governance during trying times and a fed up citizenry is bound to act out (and those on both "sides" have). Trump is the most disgusting/obvious symptom of the underlying disease, but blaming symptoms doesn't cure diseases.

Meh. Deflection.

How about we hold Trump and Rudy and Gohmert and Cruz and company accountable for their actions, words and what they set in motion?

How about we hold Biden accountable for his words, actions and whatever he sets in motion.

How about we deal with what's slapping us in the face instead of trying to deflect and play philosopher?

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
I blame the corporate pillagers who made a mockery of the democracy ages ago. Tie that with lousy governance during trying times and a fed up citizenry is bound to act out (and those on both "sides" have). Trump is the most disgusting/obvious symptom of the underlying disease, but blaming symptoms doesn't cure diseases.

Excuse me but attempting a coup inside the pinnacle of democracy is not a symptom of the disease. It’s the cause of a disease. Be gone with that crap.

We all know that die hard trump supporters are going white wash this any way they can.

That kind of thinking will do absolutely nothing to fix anything meaningful after coming out of this. Nothing that contributed to putting Trump in the White House is addressed. I knew you wouldn't be able to see anything other than hate for Trump. How long will Trump remain your boogyman?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
They have recovered weapons from yesterday.

Who knows if anyone of the people who entered had concealed handguns on them.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
They were Nazis.

Are you sure this isn't ANTIFA? They kind of look like ANTIFA to me.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Excuse me but attempting a coup inside the pinnacle of democracy is not a symptom of the disease. It’s the cause of a disease. Be gone with that crap.

We all know that die hard trump supporters are going white wash this any way they can.

That kind of thinking will do absolutely nothing to fix anything meaningful after coming out of this. Nothing that contributed to putting Trump in the White House is addressed. I knew you wouldn't be able to see anything other than hate for Trump. How long will Trump remain your boogyman?

Really? my kind of thinking is to prosecute these terrorists to the fullest extent of the law right now. Including their instigators.

Putting trump in the White House was done by his supporters not by average Americans or even the majority, and then the deplorable GOP leaders coddled his every whim. This doesn’t need to be rehashed it’s the true history in full display everyday of this failed administration.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
Just a thought ... what happens to people's opinions and who is accountable if a delusional Trump supporter, believing he is doing right by the country, assassinates Biden? I mean - looking at how the President has groomed and cultivated this fervent believe that America is being stolen from them, that would seem like a next step for one of these Whackos right?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm actually quite apprehensive about what will take place at the inauguration.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
If people have the rights to keep their trump signs and flags flying I have the right to call them all terrorists. What I’m trying to say is anyone coming close to gov’t property remotely associated as a trump supporter should be arrested on site.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 01/07/21 02:07 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you are identified as being in a restricted area outside or inside. Ten years in prison... next!

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P

The disease has never escalated to the point of sedition and and attacking our own government. It has never escalated to the point where a rally was held where a presidents lawyer called for "Trial by combat" and then our president sent them to the location of the battle.

You can blame the environment of division on both sides to some extent. But people have been fighting and even riots have broken out for social justice for decades now. While it doesn't diminish they are criminal acts when it becomes violent, this isn't something new or something that has come about by the current social climate.

You can try and spread the blame on the division around, but not what happened yesterday. That was all on Trump.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

I agree that there is much wrong with the system and that lead to Trump being enabled / elected. None of that will get addressed or fixed while we try to figure out what is the correct course of action to take today, after the incidents of yesterday. But using that "bigger picture" to avoid addressing what needs to be done today - with Trump directly influential (I'd say responsible for - but that might deflect from the discussion) - does a disservice to the events and the actions of people like Cruz and Gohmert who have fed this baseless conspiracy theory.

E
Legend
Legend
E
The libtard left is responsible. They made violence a daily event for months such that it became the norm and glamorized in the media.

The libtards are too stupid to see it though.

No Craps Given
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:
You can try and spread the blame on the division around,

That they will. It’s a given. It’s the way of trump. Distract and deflect. Then move on to the next stupid blunder move trump makes and forget this one. Not this time.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Putting Trump in the White House was absolutely done by average Americans who were disenfranchised with the state of our society. It couldn't have been done otherwise. I think to believe otherwise is delusional. In my opinion, I think these were average people who were rightfully frustrated with a poor establishment in place, but then, IMO, Trump manipulated that trust by validating it, vowing to drain the swamp and cure everything wrong, and then acted out in his own self-interest for four years while focusing his followers on fictitious villains.

Hitler didn't make it into power because of the Nazi party. That was his platform, for sure, but he made it into power because he pledged a sense of pride and renewal to the average, downtrodden citizen.

The point oober is making, and that I agree with, is that Trump is absolutely to blame for this. Yes, he needs to be held accountable. Yes, everyone needs to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

BUT, when that's over, we're still left with the quagmire that enabled him. I would argue that it's even worse, because now there's a validated play book on achieving demagogic power in a foundational democratic-republic. To overcome that, it will most definitely take all of us. It will definitely take both sides renewing their sense of getting a pulse of their constituents' needs, rather than pumping fear and anger into them to deflect from their own political self-ambitions.

It is when the average citizens renew their sense of faith and trust in the government that all the idiots get pushed back into the fringes.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

Trump is the boogeyman. His lawyer just told his followers "trial by combat" then trump sent them to the destination of the battle.

And here's the problem maybe you would like to address? As long as Trump keeps stoking the fire by calling the opposing party the enemy, as long as he continues to say that the opposing party is going to destroy America, as long as his followers keep listening to that, how do you propose we "fix this"?

You see, if you have enough gullible people willing to only listen to what they want to hear, who believes every lie that gets regurgitated out of Trumps mouth, there will be no solution.

The only solution that can be found is if, and only if, Republicans turn back to sane people like they had in John McCain and Mitt Romney to lead them. If they return to a time when it was the principals of their policies they stood on, not creating an enemy of our own citizens.

There used to be a lot of good political discussion on this board. It revolved around the issues and policies of the opposing parties. Not a cult of personality that stoked pure hatred and division. Not one with a fabricated and false sense of reality. While some disagreed with the policies and ideas of Mitt Romney or John McCain. They were men of character and standards.

Those days are gone. And only Republicans can fix that.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
The libtard left is responsible. They made violence a daily event for months such that it became the norm and glamorized in the media.

rofl You need another drink. I’m buying this round.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That is absurd.

Going down your line of thinking: I see Bill break into someone's car. He gets away with it and nobody calls the police. So, I break into someone's car because he got away with it. So, now it's Bill's fault that I broke into someone's car?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P

How adult of you. Let me explain something for the simpletons. We have seen riots over racial issues since the 60's, that's nothing new. Only when trump's lawyer told them "trial by combat" and then trump sent them into battle have we seen sedition against our own nation.

Then Trump told them he was going with them. Of course the coward wouldn't do it. He deserted them and went to watch them on TV like Benedict Arnold would do. I guess maybe his bone spurs were acting up again.

And now you use the same logic a child uses in grade school. "The liberals made me do it!"

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
That is absurd.

Going down your line of thinking: I see Bill break into someone's car. He gets away with it and nobody calls the police. So, I break into someone's car because he got away with it. So, now it's Bill's fault that I broke into someone's car?

Maybe you should read what I wrote.

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E

Don't you have a cliff to be led off of?

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
She used to try and post. Now she has become nothing more than a troll. Someone had to fill in for 40 cent.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Clearly trump should be removed from office.

Prosecuted.

He should be unable to ever hold public office again.

trump and his family are done in American politics.

That is the only good that can come out of this.

There should be a million man March to vilify these actions taken against our democracy.

The people along with Congress and the Cabinet need to make it clear that this will not be tolerated.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think there is a much greater burden on the Republicans. Much greater. I would not argue against that, whatsoever. They were the chief enablers and opportunists. Nothing can get fixed if that doesn't get fixed. And, sadly, I don't know how that gets fixed. There's too many dirtbags left in power on that side who would have to admit their faults (good luck).

I think there are two separate conversations going on now. One is who is at fault, which, for the most part, seems to be largely in agreement. The other is how we fix things.

Going to the latter part, I think what you said is correct. However, I can't help but see the early signs of fractions in the Democratic party that was present in the Republicans back in 2015. I don't think (hopefully) that it would lead to the Liberal version of Trump, but there is a need for the Dems to relate back to the average citizen.

If they go back to doing something like putting Hillary up as a candidate, they're going to falter in that regard.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Yeah but I wasn’t stupid enough to follow you over it.

– Jackie Robinson
E
Legend
Legend
E

Yeah but I wasn’t stupid enough to follow you over it.

You went over it a long time ago dude.

No Craps Given
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't see how anything I said was unresponsive. You blamed the "libtards" because they normalized violence.

Did you read what you wrote?

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

https://www.betterhelp.com/?fbclid=IwAR0G53TxYQ07KYFu6WHESF1IR9eV4QHerHd4iwfqX8Iq_M0o7yaMA-8V2gM

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
I don't see how anything I said was unresponsive. You blamed the "libtards" because they normalized violence.

Did you read what you wrote?

So you are saying the libtards didn't normalize violence? There's months and months of them doing this in 2020? The morons on the left thought it was great. It was celebrated by the media.

Then you turn around and act suprised when the right fringe does something violent.

You reap what you sow.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

Today trump called these criminals:

"great patriots"

Let that sink in.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
My example stands.

Man, that is some first class deflection. Kudos.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Why don't you go start a poll.

The Left is on the precipice of criminalizing identity!
Something historically that happened to the Jews in 1930's Germany.

E
Legend
Legend
E

I don't care about Trump. I have never cared about Trump.

Trump lives rent free in the libtard's heads. Their butt hairs are lit on fire every day.

It's kind of hysterical.

No Craps Given
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
By the way, when did this become about being surprised? I don't think all that many are surprised that these people acted violently. I think many are surprised as to the magnitude.

The conversation was about who is to hold responsible. It's nice to know that someone else can act irresponsibly so that they get blamed when I act irresponsibly later.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Why don't you go start a poll.

The Left is on the precipice of criminalizing identity!
Something historically that happened to the Jews in 1930's Germany.

Please elaborate?

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I would just like to add that I find it interesting he is using the holocaust to bolster his point when there were people there with shirts on yesterday that stated 6MNE or "Six Million Not Enough"...

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't really disagree with you. The divides run deep in both parties at this point. Many moderate Republicans have fled the party like the cancerous mess it has become. While the far extreme right or Trumpian portion of the party makes the most noise, there are still many common sense, moderate Republicans that exemplify what the others claim Republican values stand for.

I certainly differentiate between Republicans and Trumpians. With the loss of this election, not only in the presidential race, but losing the entire state of Georgia in the senate as well, I can see how a lot of Republicans may have a come to Jesus moment.

As far as the Democrats, yes there is a real division there as well. Much like many Republicans do with Democrats, many Democrats lump all Republicans the same. Both sides are 100% wrong. Anyone who actually follows this forum has seen myself and OCD go around and around. While we voted for the same candidate, we see the path forward very differently.

We have posters like DC who is what I consider a common sense, conservative yet moderate Republican. And he isn't alone in that. So IMO, both parties have huge divides within their ranks. The only difference I see at this moment in time is that the radical wing of the Republican party is currently in control of them... The moderate wing of the Democratic party is in charge of them. I think that in and of itself is what swung the presidential election.

As much screaming as Trump and his minions did, anyone who has paid attention to politics for long knew damned good and well that claiming Biden is some far left wing progressive was a lie.

The best I can hope for out of all of this is that both parties splinter. The far left of the Democrats and the far right of republicans start their own parties. At least at that point it wouldn't be hard to know the difference and we would all have four choices instead of two.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
By the way, when did this become about being surprised? I don't think all that many are surprised that these people acted violently. I think many are surprised as to the magnitude.

The conversation was about who is to hold responsible. It's nice to know that someone else can act irresponsibly so that they get blamed when I act irresponsibly later.

Magnitude? This is nothing. Maybe they should start arson and looting like the libtards did. Take over parts of cities. You know, actual violence. And do it for the next 6 months.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
The woman that was shot and killed yesterday retweeted this two days ago...

The irony is tragic, but on point.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

So you are saying the libtards didn't normalize violence? There's months and months of them doing this in 2020? The morons on the left thought it was great. It was celebrated by the media.

If you believe that thats on you. No one was celebrating violence

Joe Thomas #73
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Who should be held accountable for the attempted coup in DC?

Link Copied to Clipboard