Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
That was by far the most presidential speech he’s ever given. It only took him 3 years and 352 days.
Bye don.

He lied within 16 seconds ... is that what you mean?

There was no "immediate" deployment ... and the reports I read after the NG were deployed, was that it was PENCE that deployed them.

Fake. Fake. Fake. You can tell it's fake coz his lips are moving.

I’m just saying, in the grand scheme, it was pretty average. He started out with a lie but he didn’t call himself the greatest president, or call the media fake, or make fun of a physically disabled person... these are wins for this ghoul... er... soon to be ex president.

He didn't stroke his own ego once. He didn't peddle his latest divisive conspiracy-du-jour at all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the report that it was Pence that deployed the National Guard was rumor/unconfirmed....

The bar is pretty low, but easily and obviously his most presidential speech.

Last edited by oobernoober; 01/08/21 08:32 AM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
IMO. Trump was simply a backlash for America voting in a black President slapped across our face by a system polluted with systemic racism.

Hmmm... 75+ million Americans are racist. Well that explains everything. banghead

Trump was a backlash against dyed in the wool corrupt politics and putting a most unlikable, non-trust-worthy candidate in the White House, he just happened to be a terrible model to break the mold. I was a life-long conservative that voted for Obama but would rather have shot myself in the face than vote for Clinton. I voted for Trump (the first time) for the same reasons I voted for Perot, and Paul, and will vote for any candidate in the future than doesn't look like a puppet. I guess the best way to endear me to your politics though, is to simply call me racist. wink

And you're part of the party that speaks of unity, and everybody "coming together to heal". Kumbaya, my lord.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
oober is a poster that has repeatedly tried to respond to PS with (somewhat) thought out responses to try to elicit a sane response and further dialogue. It's failed every time, and it's incredibly frustrating every time. And yet, I'll try again in the next thread, probably.

Don't be like oober.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

Upon reflection and outside of people dying there is a silver lining in what happened.

It will not happen again. The Capitol will never be left so vulnerable again. This was a massive security failure.

trump will never hold public office again. The toothpaste will not go back into the tube.

He will be shamed. His presidency will be defined by his incompetence and divisiveness. He has been permanently exposed. His life going forward will be no piece of cake.
He will be in the courts. He will have problems. And in the end his name will be remembered as a stain on democracy.

His ego and his primary goal of recognition worship will be severely damaged. He will never be perceived again as anything more than what has been exposed.

I sincerely hope that justice will be served in one way or another.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Exactly...trump and his supporters are without a country now.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Above is a perfect example of what I am talking about and why there is no hope for this country, as it stands.

Carry on

I think you need to define the subject and then have the conversation. Are we talking generally and big picture or are we talking the escapades at the Capitol Building.

If the focus is narrow and the Capitol Building everything Luke said specifically about this election, the result and the evidence of the election was all 100% true.

I'm still shocked/sad/angry at what happened at the Capitol - I don't actually want to shift the focus away from what a complete a-hole Trump and Rufy and Gohmert and others are. I don't want to move the conversation away from white 'protesters' beating cops with clubs and taking control of the Capitol Building when anyone that is honest knows that if the same schtick had happened with BLM movement - they either never breach the perimeter or there are lots of dead protesters.

Neither am I willing to deflect the conversation to violence and looting from the summer and pretend there is some equivalency or "they started it" debate to be had. Myself - virtually every single poster - said the people perpetrating violence/crimes should be arrested and stopped. And being angry at decades of racial injustice at the hands of law enforcement does is not an equivalent to Trump lying and manufacturing another division and point of hate for his cult to rally behind. The Stolen Election premise was 100% fake - untrue - false with absolutely zero evidence of any kind to support it. Trump was given legal recourse and lost 60 times. End of story.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Portland / Oober: Yes - it was the most presidential speech Trump has ever given and for the the reasons outlined. I guess the bar was set low - and it still pokes at me that in this speech he still lies 16 seconds into it. Regardless of who deployed the NG it was 100% definitely NOT immediately. We had all been watching and following well over an hour of occupied Capitol Building before there was finally news of the NG being deployed. Just my 2 cents. Personally I think the Trump speech is only a reaction to the world and even his GOP potentially turning on him and ousting him from office.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
oober is a poster that has repeatedly tried to respond to PS with (somewhat) thought out responses to try to elicit a sane response and further dialogue. It's failed every time, and it's incredibly frustrating every time. And yet, I'll try again in the next thread, probably.

Don't be like oober.

PS is a poster that has repeatedly tried to keep this thread on track. To have discussion on how we hold trump accountable for what he has done to bring us to this point . 5 people dead in a an attempted coup in our capitol building spurred on by trump and celebrated by his deplorable racist supporters. You want to talk about other crap and some sort of deflected base cause to all this, start your own thread.

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
National guard was trying to get authorization for 2 hours but could not get an answer from the white house. Because trump didnt want his buddies to be interrupted.

Joe Thomas #73
O
Legend
Legend
O
Digging past the obvious to get to actual root cause = deflection... got it.

I don't think there's a single person on here (outside of maybe ThrowLong) that would argue Trump's hand on the events at the Capital. But in terms of what got us here, Trump's speech an hour before (and Trump, in general) is really just scratching the surface.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
4 years of trump and republican rhetoric about election fraud got us here.

Joe Thomas #73
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: BADdog
So, by that logic, once Trump is gone then the problems that got us to people storming the Capital are gone?

-PrplPplEater
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Trust me my post was made as a tongue in cheek commentary. trump’s speech was obviously written by someone else. He holds none of those thoughts in his pea brain. I was more surprised he was able to stay on the teleprompter and not diverge into an attack on the press or whatnot.
He’s garbage. His speech was far too little far too late. He can’t be gone fast enough.
The next time I hear his voice I hope it’s in a NY courtroom in front of a judge. I couldn’t stand hearing him speak over the past 4 years. Such a smarmy condescending douche. But believe me if he ends up in the courtroom, especially on the stand, I’ll watch and listen to every sniveling sleazy word he says while his life’s grifting gets put up for all to see. Watching him fall into ruin will bring me much joy.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So, by that logic, once Trump is gone then the problems that got us to people storming the Capital are gone?

No trump created what put us over the top. They will still be here. Biden needs to try and unify as best he can and he will.

Joe Thomas #73
O
Legend
Legend
O

No trump created what put us over the top. They will still be here. Biden needs to try and unify as best he can and he will.

Biden is (and has been for almost half a century) part of the status quo. Many people who voted for Trump were voting against this status quo, so how you think Biden will do anything to help in this regard is beyond my understanding.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Biden is (and has been for almost half a century) part of the status quo. Many people who voted for Trump were voting against this status quo, so how you think Biden will do anything to help in this regard is beyond my understanding.

He wont be trump

Joe Thomas #73
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: FATE
IMO. Trump was simply a backlash for America voting in a black President slapped across our face by a system polluted with systemic racism.

Hmmm... 75+ million Americans are racist. Well that explains everything. banghead

Trump was a backlash against dyed in the wool corrupt politics and putting a most unlikable, non-trust-worthy candidate in the White House, he just happened to be a terrible model to break the mold. I was a life-long conservative that voted for Obama but would rather have shot myself in the face than vote for Clinton. I voted for Trump (the first time) for the same reasons I voted for Perot, and Paul, and will vote for any candidate in the future than doesn't look like a puppet. I guess the best way to endear me to your politics though, is to simply call me racist. wink

And you're part of the party that speaks of unity, and everybody "coming together to heal". Kumbaya, my lord.

Thanks for sharing. My speculation was always that people who fit what you just described about yourself constituted the majority of people who voted for Trump in 2016: disenfranchised, conservative-leaning constituents who saw the incumbent government as detached and corrupt, and when they saw Hillary, just (understandably IMO) went "Oh hell no."

I think it's a problem when there are calls for unity on one hand, whereas on the other hand, there is this notion of lumping ~70 million people with being racist.

Just like I've been arguing that Republicans (the ones in power currently) need to clean their act up, I think that Democrats/Liberals need to stop vilifying the entirety of people who voted for Trump.

Or else we're stuck.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I just wonder how many of you genius lefties still want to defund the po lice? I didn't see Pelosi and AOC refusing police protection. I don't know if Liberals are idiots or just hypocrites,

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Originally Posted By: FATE

Thanks for sharing. My speculation was always that people who fit what you just described about yourself constituted the majority of people who voted for Trump in 2016: disenfranchised, conservative-leaning constituents who saw the incumbent government as detached and corrupt, and when they saw Hillary, just (understandably IMO) went "Oh hell no."

I think it's a problem when there are calls for unity on one hand, whereas on the other hand, there is this notion of lumping ~70 million people with being racist.

Just like I've been arguing that Republicans (the ones in power currently) need to clean their act up, I think that Democrats/Liberals need to stop vilifying the entirety of people who voted for Trump.

Or else we're stuck.

A vote for trump is supporting trump and what he stands for. That vote was a backhanded insult on our democracy and decency in the USA. This wasn’t a surprise attack on our country it was a slow coup attempt that’s been in the planning for years. And these devoted trump supporters need to held accountable for what they’ve done to our country. Every last one of them.

– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
OK, that's 74 million people. What's your solution?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:
Hmmm... 75+ million Americans are racist. Well that explains everything.

Yep and 80+ Million Americans plus another 100+ Million Americans who didn’t vote. Are not racists. That explains more.

– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Yep and 80+ Million Americans plus another 100+ Million Americans who didn’t vote. Are not racists. That explains more.

You don't know who is racist and who isn't. Just reading your posts could make me think you could be racist, but I don't know you well enough to know.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
OK, that's 74 million people. What's your solution?

The solution is to arrest rioting looting and violent trump and his supporters and put them on trial and have them held accountable for what they’ve done. And those 75 million people should follow the rule of law and come back to reality,

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Quote:

You don't know who is racist and who isn't. Just reading your posts could make me think you could be racist, but I don't know you well enough to know.

I know trump and a high percentage of his supporters where racists in the past. And now 100% who still support him. You wanna continue to support trump, really? Keep it up.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
Wow... you've figured it out. Such an incredibly simple solution. This should be easy, then!

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:

I guess we just have to agree to move on.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

I guess we just have to agree to move on.

If you really believe that trump and his supporters aren’t racially fueled who continually denounce and refuse to accept that there is systemic racism spurred on by trump and his supporters in our gov’t agencies. And you want to point fingers at a bigger cause. Alrighty. Kicks rocks talk l8r.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
I remember 9/12/01.

It was the day after.

All the political...

All the religious...

All the races...

All people and places...

We all became just Americans and did what we had to do to move forward.

What the hell have we become?

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That was an attack from others . This was an attack from within. We became what trumps wanted

Joe Thomas #73
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Amen to that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
I remember 9/12/01.

It was the day after.

All the political...

All the religious...

All the races...

All people and places...

We all became just Americans and did what we had to do to move forward.

What the hell have we become?

Not what you think we have become.

Not what we read here all day.

Not what the media tells us we are.

Not what Facebook and Twitter tells us we are.

Not what anyone on the internet that grabs his/her megaphone, day after day, and tries to tell you who you are.

No matter how loud they are they will never drown out the heart and soul as who we are as Americans.

Most Americans care about their fellow brothers and sisters: black, brown, red, yellow, or other.

If people would put on their "big boy pants", quit crying and screaming, roll up their sleeves and do some work to change this trash, we could return to the country we knew and loved. Fact is, it's still here.

All the crap that makes this country less than great has been right under our noses for over a century. Corrupt politics hand in hand with corporate greed. They lick their chops, crack their knuckles, paint on a smile with a fake look of concern and pit us against each other -- as if we are our own enemy. And we all buy it. It's so easy, it's clockwork, it's dumbfounding, it's beyond frustrating, and has many of us at our wits end...

But we go on, doing our best to make this better, helping our fellow brothers and sisters. Many of us donating time, money, resources. Trying our best to learn, doing our best to love... For what? To be labeled and thrown out with yesterday's trash.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat... and then look around in utter bewilderment, trying to figure out what's wrong.

/rant

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I didn't remotely say or infer anything like that. I'll disregard the insult. I do sincerely hope you have a good weekend, though.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I know we’re good. Sorry I’m seriously venting my rage that trump incites a political mob riot to take over the Capitol killing 5 and trump get’s his usual pass... not his fault. It’s the fault of the media, the libtards, BLM, antifa....trump need not be held accountable and if he is, Look out for the wrath of his fury that your reputation as a politician will be forever tarnished. GOP leadership are cowards.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
lol, he damn sure isn't getting a pass. He's being berated and humiliated at every turn right now. I don't think he will finish his last 12 days, but even if he does, this killed his future plans. Even the Trumpians and Qs are turning on him, saying he abandoned them. Trump is all but done. But we have to let this play out.

I'm happy he is getting lambasted from every angle. I hope he faces charges at some point too. But more than anything, I hope we can find a way to heal the country. I'm not in the mood for civil war.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

It's the square rectangle relationship.
All squares are rectangles, not all rectangles are squares.

All racists voted for trump, not everyone who voted for trump is a racist.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

No, when you set a piece of paper on fire once you put out the fire the burnt edges remain burnt. The piece of paper isn't restored to it's original condition.

Last edited by Jester; 01/08/21 12:20 PM.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I guess. Pence needs to step up and invoke the 25th or his career is pretty much over as well.

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
I just wonder how many of you genius lefties still want to defund the po lice? I didn't see Pelosi and AOC refusing police protection. I don't know if Liberals are idiots or just hypocrites,

1st I want to say that I think police budgets should be bigger. Increase salary to get higher quality people, increase training...

But it's been pointed out numerous times that defunding the police is a poorly chosen label and doesn't mean anything close to what the terminology implies. Not sure why you choose to continually ignore what defund the police is really about and perpetuate the fallacy.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester
Quote:

It's the square rectangle relationship.
All squares are rectangles, not all rectangles are squares.

All racists voted for trump, not everyone who voted for trump is a racist.

Whatever it’s obvious now, that a vote for trump was a vote for anarchy, racism, and white supremacy.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:
increase training..???.

rofl You do realize that comes with better schooling right? Fund the schools first and you’ll get better trained cops. Pretty simple concept right?

– Jackie Robinson
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Who should be held accountable for the attempted coup in DC?

Link Copied to Clipboard