Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
First I would like to thank Ben Roethlisberger. Not only for throwing four picks that helped lead to our victory, but also for not retiring during the past off season. Had you have decided to retire, I would not have gotten to see you crying on your teams bench and feeling the type of agony you have inflicted on Browns fans for oh so many years now. Nothing could have been sweeter in that moment. I wish no man serious injury, disease or death. But this was none of that and I enjoyed it to no end.

To our coaching staff. Thank you for sticking with the game plan. I know many of our fans seem to think style points, or as they say, "putting your opponent away" is some measure of doing the right thing. Yet many of those same people talk about how valuable using analytics are. When you have such a huge lead, the template you follow is about analytics. Whether you win by 1 point or you win by 30, it's still a W. And despite what some people say, that's why you play the game, to win. Thank you for pulling what used to be a group of individuals into a team. Just how valuable that is, is reflected in the team record this season.

And to the team. Thank you for all of your hard work. Under dire circumstances and limitations, you still pulled through and stuck together. I could break the accolades down to individual players or to our best players, but that's not what a winning formula is all about. It's about every member of your team doing the best they can do. And I feel even the players we have that obviously have their limitations, they gave it their all. Football is the ultimate team sport, not about the individual accomplishments. Without protection your QB won't be able to throw the ball. Without a hole to run through, your RB will be stopped at the LOS. So my thanks goes out to all of them.

Let me be clear. The ultimate goal of every season is to win the SB. Now at this point I can't say whether we will accomplish that goal or not. But here's what I can say. To finish a race you must first clear all of the hurdles. Coming off of a 6-10 season that first hurdle was a winning season. We crossed that hurdle. The second hurdle was a double digit win season. We crossed that hurdle. The following hurdle was to make the playoffs. Once again it's a hurdle we crossed. Next was to win a playoff game. Something we hadn't accomplished since 1995. All of us older Dawgs remember what happened after that. We lived it.

So no matter how this season ends, we have come a very long way. This team has accomplished a lot. More than many of us could have seen coming with a new HC and Covid restrictions. But here we are. And I for one am going to savor the moment and look forward to the week ahead.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
I'm still trying to wrap my head around what happened.

What a great time to be alive!
the first 12 minutes were like a dream

I know right!

I kept asking my buddies I was watching the game with if I was dreaming.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I'm still trying to wrap my head around what happened.

What a great time to be alive!
the first 12 minutes were like a dream

I know right!

I kept asking my buddies I was watching the game with if I was dreaming.

You didn't ask one of them to pinch you did you? That would be kind of creepy.

yebat' Putin
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

So we knocked them out of the playoffs and gave them Covid?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
First I would like to thank Ben Roethlisberger. Not only for throwing four picks that helped lead to our victory, but also for not retiring during the past off season. Had you have decided to retire, I would not have gotten to see you crying on your teams bench and feeling the type of agony you have inflicted on Browns fans for oh so many years now. Nothing could have been sweeter in that moment. I wish no man serious injury, disease or death. But this was none of that and I enjoyed it to no end.

To our coaching staff. Thank you for sticking with the game plan. I know many of our fans seem to think style points, or as they say, "putting your opponent away" is some measure of doing the right thing. Yet many of those same people talk about how valuable using analytics are. When you have such a huge lead, the template you follow is about analytics. Whether you win by 1 point or you win by 30, it's still a W. And despite what some people say, that's why you play the game, to win. Thank you for pulling what used to be a group of individuals into a team. Just how valuable that is, is reflected in the team record this season.

And to the team. Thank you for all of your hard work. Under dire circumstances and limitations, you still pulled through and stuck together. I could break the accolades down to individual players or to our best players, but that's not what a winning formula is all about. It's about every member of your team doing the best they can do. And I feel even the players we have that obviously have their limitations, they gave it their all. Football is the ultimate team sport, not about the individual accomplishments. Without protection your QB won't be able to throw the ball. Without a hole to run through, your RB will be stopped at the LOS. So my thanks goes out to all of them.

Let me be clear. The ultimate goal of every season is to win the SB. Now at this point I can't say whether we will accomplish that goal or not. But here's what I can say. To finish a race you must first clear all of the hurdles. Coming off of a 6-10 season that first hurdle was a winning season. We crossed that hurdle. The second hurdle was a double digit win season. We crossed that hurdle. The following hurdle was to make the playoffs. Once again it's a hurdle we crossed. Next was to win a playoff game. Something we hadn't accomplished since 1995. All of us older Dawgs remember what happened after that. We lived it.

So no matter how this season ends, we have come a very long way. This team has accomplished a lot. More than many of us could have seen coming with a new HC and Covid restrictions. But here we are. And I for one am going to savor the moment and look forward to the week ahead.

In the words of Jim Rome -- "Rack 'em!"

Great post, could have been penned by any or all of us, but probably not as well. It's great to look back down the barrel and see all we've accomplished, under some terrible circumstances... and we're still not done. wink The future is bright.

Also, with the "style points" in the dominant games. I've said the same. There is, in fact, a time to play checkers. We've won every one of these games! It's frustrating, it's agonizing, it triggers the BBS, but a W is a W.

Also - realized last night that after a season-long battle, we've finally evened the "dif". We are officially at zero in season point differential... Now, after all that work, it would be criminal not to go out on the plus side... Get 'er done boys!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
They probably had unreported Covid the whole time. Find it hard to believe that Haden was the "only" Covid case. Ebron had it at same time as Haden, but was able to play this weekend. Slimy ass team.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Hammer
They probably had unreported Covid the whole time. Find it hard to believe that Haden was the "only" Covid case. Ebron had it at same time as Haden, but was able to play this weekend. Slimy ass team.
this could be

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
What a year? For the past 20 years we have been firing Head Coaches for losing now we win a playoff game with no HC.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It shows we have a good coaching staff.

O
Legend
Legend
O
We kinda touched on this last week when the positives were rolling in, but honestly... the whole NFL is involved in the conspiracy. The definition of 'close contact' is a joke. Not doing the bubble thing as it proved to be very effective for the other leagues.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Love your post

The more things change the more they stay the same.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Even Colin Cowherd gave us praises for our win. thumbsup

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog

#gmSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
This message board should have code that automatically rejects any post with Cowherd embedded.

Last edited by oobernoober; 01/11/21 03:47 PM. Reason: Added purple

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
But once you open that door, where does it stop?

I mean we could apply that to a lot of..... Never mind. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I clarified my post. :-p

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
My post was purely satirical in nature. smile

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Can't wait for the video with Jim Donavan's calls.

Legend
Legend

What. A. Night.

In a game that saw most people’s jaws hit the floor from the first snap, the Browns ran past the hated Pittsburgh Steelers 48-37 in the AFC Wild Card playoff round. Cleveland earned its first postseason win since 1994, and its first victory at Heinz Field since 2003.

Baker Mayfield threw for 263 yards and three touchdowns in his playoff debut, while Nick Chubb had 145 yards and a score. The Steelers offense was sloppy all night with five turnovers, including four Ben Roethlisberger interceptions.

The Browns will head to Kansas City next Sunday to face the top-seeded Chiefs in the AFC Divisional round. Cleveland will be seeking its first trip to the AFC Championship Game since 1989.

#gmSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Drobs said, "I don't remember the last time the Browns won" it was 1994, January 1995, so almost 26 years even.

For a little context, for those posters 30 ish or younger. 1994, heh!

See, when I was little, people had computers, but, it was different, See there was the general population, and the G population had uh video games, game systems like Atari Nintento Sega, and on,

But then a small segment of the population had computers, which cost about a thousand dollars, and they did, business stuff, and some gaming stuff, but not really internet stuff

So around 1991, The internet became a big thing, for about 1 out of 4 people, people who had (well today it'd be about 2200 bucks) to spend on computers and then inter connect them, and the internet was a new thing but for at least 1/3rd of all people and I'd profess about 3/4 of all people still didn't have the internet,

See the internet, got invented, but! all of a sudden, about
4 months before Christmas, or 4 months before thanksgiving and Christmas time, , the uhh business marketers got together and

You'd hear about a deal, you can get a new computer, (1000 dollar going rate) (which many people didn't have) and the internet, (which had been a 100 dollar a month expense, (think 170 in todays dollars)

For 200 Dollars one time and 50 dollars a month.

My point is, that, that particular year is when 90% of the remaining 3 out of 4 people, got computers and the internet for the first time,

and for the Very First time, the Internet stopped being a computer nerds' thing, and became an everybody has it' thing.

and that year was 1994/1995, and the marketed produt was micorsofts' windows' 95, (or maybe I'm off by "one" year, but not two.

So I'm saying, the Last time the Browns Won a playoff game, was about the year the internet, was invented,

Now, it was invented whenever, but that's the year, that the (unwashed masses), mostly got it, for the first time.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Big loss for the Steelers.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
PigPen to follow...

T
Legend
Legend
T

I fully expected to see a bad guys come back we lose game, and I listen to the Radio broadcast.

But there was an epic meltdown on the CB radio broadcast when the Steelers had scored 16 straight(15?) and the lead was 12,

It was becoming a buzz kill, (I get the point), I had to turn off the radio, and just watch on silent.
(Silent is actually better than listening to tv announcers)

but, for 60 seconds, Cleveland Browns radio broadcast was really bringing me down, bummer,
(the lead was 28, and now it's 12)

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Hammer
PigPen to follow...

I doubt he walks away from 40m

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

He still took a shot at Baker at the very end.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Dieken looks stoked.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cowherd is the biggest HACK in the sports talk industry.

May he go straight to HELL!

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Can you imagine if we somehow beat KC? shocked wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Man the comments are brutal but also spot on.

If you haven't checked it out - Cowherd says all the credit for the win goes to Stefanski. But 1/2 way down there is a clip of Cowherd pregame saying the coaches/covid situation doesn't matter and the game is 100% on Baker, no excuses. Ugh. He's a piece of excrement and I hate that I spent 4 minutes listening even though it proved that he's a talentless hack.

He is who we thought he was.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

He still took a shot at Baker at the very end.

Yep. Just can't let it go lol. Some men take forever to mature, some men, well, it just never happens lol.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I can imagine we will beat KC. Their Run D is not good and Baker and Mahomes have a history wink

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

Yes I can and I have a feeling it's going to be a lot closer than most people think and could very well come down to who has the ball last with just enough time.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

Dieken looks stoked.

I love Dieken. And god bless whoever came in at the end and told him to start smiling. :-p

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O

For real? Dang....

Dude did seriously chuck that ball, though. Wow, that was nowhere near his 6'4" QB.

-PrplPplEater
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 48 Steelers 37 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard