Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Amazon suspends Parler from web hosting service

Amazon on Saturday night suspended the social media platform Parler from its web hosting service, an Amazon spokesperson confirmed to The Hill.

The move by Amazon was first reported by Buzzfeed News.

The company, founded by Jeff Bezos, said Parler's lack of content moderation lead to its removal from its web hosting service, calling it a "Very real risk to public safety," according to The Wall Street Journal.

Amazon Web Services (AWS) Trust and Safety team sent an email to Parler Chief Policy Officer Amy Peikoff explaining their decision.

“Recently, we’ve seen a steady increase in this violent content on your website, all of which violates our terms,” the email, obtained by Buzzfeed, reads. “It’s clear that Parler does not have an effective process to comply with the AWS terms of service.”

The email goes on to state that Parler will be available to web hosting service users until Sunday at 11:59 p.m. PST when the suspension goes into effect.

A spokesperson for Amazon/AWS, in a statement to The Hill, confirmed the email obtained by Buzzfeed.

Parler CEO John Matze also confirmed the news in a post on his platform, calling the suspension “an attempt to completely remove free speech from the internet.”

Amazon's suspension of Parler's account means the app is at risk of going offline on Sunday night, according to Buzzfeed.

As it seeks a new host, Parler may be unavailable as it rebuilds from scratch, Matze said, although many providers are “competing” for its business. “This was a coordinated attack by tech giants to kill competition in the marketplace,” Matze said in his announcement.

Amazon is the latest tech giant to take steps to limit the social networking app favored by conservatives and right-wing groups for lack of content moderation. The online retailer follows in the footsteps of Apple, which suspended the Parler app Saturday morning, and Google, which removed the platform from its app store on Friday night.

Parler has come under recent scrutiny in the wake of the violent attacks on the U.S. Capitol after various media outlets have reported that Parler was used to help coordinate the riots.

Users have since made calls for another violent descent on the nation’s capital on Jan. 19, the day before President-elect Joe Biden is to be sworn into office, according to Buzzfeed.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
And this one! lmao

M
Legend
Legend
M
We know that one thing Trump does really well is play the victim. So no doubt he will make the most of this and cry, cry, cry.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mgh888
We know that one thing Trump does really well is play the victim. So no doubt he will make the most of this and cry, cry, cry.

That's trump and many of his supporters.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

I didn't know that Ole Dan could be so humorous. rofl

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
’First Amendment does not apply’: Law expert says Trump’s social media ban is constitutional

https://www.nbc12.com/2021/01/09/first-a...constitutional/

P
Legend
Legend
P
Anyone who can read the constitution knows this.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

The left has always had a problem understanding the first ammendment.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

Private business can deny service or access.

No shoes, no shirts, no service.

No masks no service.

Has Nothing to do with 1st amendment.

Self educate.

E
Legend
Legend
E
As a business owner who owns internet properties, I probably understand the concept lol

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

This for all to listen to.

Arnold has a important and heart felt message.

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/status/1348301868305362949

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

This one is so simple anyone can understand it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E

This one is so simple anyone can understand it.

Not for some people. When the topic was kneeling and freedom of speech they couldn't understand it.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
I understood it. I didn't agree with it, but I understood it. I don't recall social media saying you weren't allowed to express your opinion about it though.

Isn't it really the same thing? The NFL is their employer and they agreed to let them kneel.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
No. We had people on this forum literally say it would violate their freedom of speech if employers told them not to kneel.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
No. We had people on this forum literally say it would violate their freedom of speech if employers told them not to kneel.

My recollection was that if that not kneeling or if showing 'disrespect' to the anthem or on the sidelines was part of their contract, then the players would all have to (should) comply .... but since that wasn't the case there was much debate.

Seems a bit like posters saying that the violence and looting after BLM protests should not be tolerated and those committing crimes should be arrested/charged ... but that message got twisted too and posters claimed that we were all cheering for the violence.

E
Legend
Legend
E

No, this is what happened. I know, because I corrected them.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M

Oh I'm sure - just like you kept posting that all the libtards were cheering for the looting and violence.

E
Legend
Legend
E

Oh I'm sure - just like you kept posting that all the libtards were cheering for the looting and violence.

Yes, that happened also.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
As a business owner who owns internet properties, I probably understand the concept lol

rofl trump supporters don’t understand the simplest of all concepts. The truth.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Private business can deny service or access.

No shoes, no shirts, no service.

No masks no service.

Has Nothing to do with 1st amendment.

Self educate.

Let's not forget how the republicans thought it was just great for a bakery to not want to do a wedding cake for a gay couple.

But now, when a business boots someone that they love, it's a bad thing.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
Legend
O

My recollection was that if that not kneeling or if showing 'disrespect' to the anthem or on the sidelines was part of their contract, then the players would all have to (should) comply .... but since that wasn't the case there was much debate.

Seems a bit like posters saying that the violence and looting after BLM protests should not be tolerated and those committing crimes should be arrested/charged ... but that message got twisted too and posters claimed that we were all cheering for the violence.

Why we're even having this conversation is beyond me. The ticket to entry to having this conversation is establishing some sort of equivalence between the Capitol riots and the BLM protests (remember, the riots that broke out from the BLM protests were dealt with... tear gas, police presence and the like.... were any federal buildings taken over the summer?). I just don't get how anybody can act like protests that go bad are on the same level as a semi-organized coup attempt. They're not.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Was it really a coup attempt?

If so, it was pretty lame.

One could argue the Dems have been attempting a coup for the last 4 years.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Yes it was and 5 died.

Yes it was lame because they were organized but clueless in the ranks.

No you absolutely could not argue that nor compare anything dems did to this. Please stop. Shameful.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Yes it was and 5 died.

No you absolutely could not argue that nor compare anything dems did to this. Please stop. Shameful.

Pffft trump supporters, actually trying to down play this as a lame attempt to overthrow our govt hence not a coup. GMAFB, all of a sudden, no lives matter to trump and his supporters. Lock em all up and throw away the key. Or better yet. Public hanging would could be a deterrent from more coup attempts in the future. Traitors! This would make Benedict Arnold look like a real patriot.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P

Slinging feces in a cage isn't an argument.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Yes it was and 5 died.

No, it wasn't. You don't initiate a coup, take one of your enemy's prize buildings and then voluntarily walk out a few hours laters. That's not how a coup works.

And 3 of those people died of medical emergencies because they were probably fat and out shape and this got their heart racing beyond where it had been in a long time.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
The people that took the building were a tool of the person that was. Trump's goal was to overturn the election, and he's done everything up to and including sending a mob to interfere/delay procedure to finish the electoral count. I'm not really sure what would've happened, but someone had the presence of mind to pack up and take the electoral ballots with them so they could pick up where they left off.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

And 3 of those people died of medical emergencies because they were probably fat and out shape and this got their heart racing beyond where it had been in a long time.

According to reports, one person got trampled and a second accidentally shot himself with his own taser.

Unsure of the third.

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 01/11/21 01:43 PM.

~Lyuokdea
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
The people that took the building were a tool of the person that was. Trump's goal was to overturn the election, and he's done everything up to and including sending a mob to interfere/delay procedure to finish the electoral count. I'm not really sure what would've happened, but someone had the presence of mind to pack up and take the electoral ballots with them so they could pick up where they left off.

I was wondering if it was worth my effort to try and reply to DC's post and explain this - not being snarky, I just wasn't sure I could do it succinctly .. and you did it nicely in a couple sentences.

I don't think we can state as fact how this was planned and who was involved, how high up it went etc .... but there are certainly some loose ends that need to be investigated. Why was Trump/Giuliani trying to extend the count for 24 hours per his calls and voicemail to the wrong politician. What's the deal with Pence - something seems very askew there.

It *appears* this goes beyond a simple protest. But we need more facts ... I truly hope it all comes out.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/11/21 01:46 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P

And that means this event didn't cause their death or makes them "less dead" how exactly?

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
What would have happened if Mike Pence had followed Trumps lead and rejected the rightful electors? SCOTUS? Even if they find for Biden who is going to enforce the ruling? Seems to me those that value the right to vote owe the VP a big thank you. Its not always easy to do the right thing.

Legend
Legend

Yes it was and 5 died.

No, it wasn't. You don't initiate a coup, take one of your enemy's prize buildings and then voluntarily walk out a few hours laters. That's not how a coup works.

The coup didn’t work it failed...and Wow. Downplaying these deaths and an attack on our democracy. Poo Pooing insurrection and an attempted coup to overturn an election? Really are you going down that rabbit hole with the traitors?

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: illegalmoe
What would have happened if Mike Pence had followed Trumps lead and rejected the rightful electors? SCOTUS? Even if they find for Biden who is going to enforce the ruling? Seems to me those that value the right to vote owe the VP a big thank you. Its not always easy to do the right thing.

rofl

I'll give Pence props for understanding that he did not have the power under the constitution to do that. But if had done it, it damn sure would have not stood and I'm pretty certain he knew that. Trumpians crack me up thinking they are the only ones who can raise hell. In the coming days you will see dems doing that within the limits of the law and doing what needs to be done... rid us of Trump for good with law and order. And we the people, if all else fails, will enforce that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well you know these guys weren't serious and didn't really mean any harm. According to some.

This is what happens when a Republican leader stands up for the rule of law and the constitution.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Yes it was and 5 died.

The coup didn’t work it failed...and Wow. Downplaying these deaths and an attack on our democracy. Poo Pooing insurrection and an attempted coup to overturn an election? Really are you going down that rabbit hole with the traitors?

No rabbit holes.. I realize we live in a time where anything short of

"OH MY GOD, THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER, WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE. THE DEATH OF DEMOCRACY. OH MY GOD CAPITALISM, OH MY GOD SOCIALISM, FASCISM, HITLER, STALIN."

is seen as not being concerned enough or probably seen as aligning with the other side.. whichever side that is...

If the Trump supporters come back, be prepared, and protect the government and the people the way you should. This will all be over soon.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Yes it was and 5 died.

No rabbit holes.. I realize we live in a time where anything short of

"OH MY GOD, THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER, WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE. THE DEATH OF DEMOCRACY. OH MY GOD CAPITALISM, OH MY GOD SOCIALISM, FASCISM, HITLER, STALIN."

is seen as not being concerned enough or probably seen as aligning with the other side.. whichever side that is...

If the Trump supporters come back, be prepared, and protect the government and the people the way you should. This will all be over soon.

True you seemed to get more upset over BLM protests then this attack on our democracy and never a sour word about trump supporters so you’ve shown who you side with fairly well.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
If that's the way you see it. I soured over BLM protests over time as they dragged on and seemed to become about everything BUT racial justice and all the wrong people hogged the spotlight.

This was a one time event, those involved should (and are) be rounded up and punished

I have been outspoken about Trump and his supporters.. I just don't view them all as angry racist traitors the way you do.. I have been less outspoken here as I've tried to stay out of the Palus for quite a while.. so most of my outspokenness has been on Twitter.

yebat' Putin
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Deplatforming the Cult of Trump

Link Copied to Clipboard