Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Can you imagine if we somehow beat KC? shocked wink

Yes I can and I have a feeling it's going to be a lot closer than most people think and could very well come down to who has the ball last with just enough time.

Do they have a formidable pass rush? Do they have a creative D coordinator? Those are the two things that most concern me.

For the most post our D has been porous and had a touch time stopping anyone all year ... barring opportunistic turnovers. SO ... I don't see all that big of a deal going against the much vaunted KS offense ... Burrows embarrassed us, I am sure Mahomes and Hill will also. We just have to keep the pedal to the floor and hope we get that lucky break and an turnover when the chance is there.

I thought we would/should beat the Steelers. I feel that we *can* be able to beat KC.

*** Or to put it a different way - I am lot happier to play KC than the Ravens and their D.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/11/21 05:10 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Just a quick side note. Being that I live in Pats territory I know a lot of their fans aren't watching much of the playoffs this year. I always told them that most of them would never support a losing team like I have over the years. Their sense of entitlement is really sickening. They deserve to have a long stretch of losing and mediocre seasons with no playoff appearances.

Unfortunately for the NFL as a whole the NorthEast Magalopolis (Bos-Wash) had no teams worth watching for a large chunk of the year and now their ratings are down. rofl

And yet, no one in Cleveland or Buffalo cares smile

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
O
Legend
Legend
O
I thought KC had a sneaky-good D. Someone on here said that they were average vs the run (not sure who they've played to establish that #).

I'm eyeballing the PF Reference tables. They have 6 less sacks than our D on the year. They seemed to give up quite a few yards to RBs over the course of the year, but very few TDs. Their pass D is stingy.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I wouldn't imagine it far-fetched to think the Chiefs were ALREADY game-planning for the Steelers next week. I'd love to think a MAJOR wrench was thrown into their planning last night. AND we'll be heading to Missouri with a slightly different slate of players to plan for. Well, maybe more than just "slightly."

S
Legend
Legend
S
I dunno why but I just wasn't really that worried going into this game. I didn't lay any money on the Browns really, but I just felt like we had a chance. Obviously we had more than a chance and let Pittsburgh spend most of the game chasing us.

That was a franchise-changing win last night. I don't think the guys on the team fully understand Browns fans. How can they? Most didn't grow up following this team. Sure, they have been told the history, the bad breaks, close calls, and some have even been around for the lowest point in franchise history. Last night felt like all of those guys understood Browns fans.

If someone asked you to pick an mvp of the game last night, where do you even start? Everyone made plays. Everyone contributed.

Kareen Hunt only touched the ball 9 times for 61 yards, but how important were all of them? He ran like a man possessed last night. He's a guy I am circling for next week.

Baker Mayfield played so well. That drive to get that touchdown right before half was huge. He didn't have gaudy stats last night. Of course you won't when you jump out to that lead. He did what he needed to do.

Nick Chubb, ho hum another game where he rips out the opposition's heart. What a call on that screen pass.

The tackling on defense last night was such a joy to see. I think every Browns team since '99 has been a poor poor tackling team. Now we stop the run and guys are tackling. Doing all of this with Ward and others out is so impressive.

I have not been able to read this entire thread, but I am sure there is a common theme with the coaching job last night. Can't say enough. What these guys did to make up for the loss of personnel both on the roster and on the staff is nothing short of incredible. Oh, and with an 18 year playoff drought, and even longer winless drought hanging right in front of you. Mike Priefer should never pay for a drink in Cleveland again. What a job. Alex Van Pelt, called a really solid game.

I know people were probably freaking out when this lead started to dwindle, but they did the right thing by packing it in.

Also, I cannot imagine Pittsburgh sports talk radio right now, and that call to punt on 4th 1 in the 4th quarter. They had us against the ropes. Momentum was heavily on their side, and you punt? I can't believe that call in 2021.

I also didn't sense any relief with the Browns after this game. They didn't seem like they won their super bowl. I think they want more. I really think they can give KC a good game.

So proud to be a Browns fan right now. I have spent so much time in these forums spilling out my thoughts on terrible football. It's nice to be in mid-january talking about an upcoming game.

Legend
Legend
At the bottom of the article is a PDF link to the complete breakdown of the game.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

So we knocked them out of the playoffs and gave them Covid?

No. They closed their facility because their season is over.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Right now all that I can think about is we will get all our players back.

I don't remember when was the last game that we played all starters?

All that has gone down. All the games missed by key talent.

Chubb, Teller, Myles, Harrison, Ward, Hodge, Vernon, Sendajo, Johnson, Bitonio, Hubbard, Harris.

Outside of Vernon, Hubbard, Harris we can play our starters.

We have forged through so much adversity. If there is no further covid. Think about practice this week.

Look out KC someone is creeping up on you.

All Pro
All Pro

All Steelers' WR's are class

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
P
Legend
Legend
P
At least were playing

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Steelers going to get clapped all next year, so we good

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He is a young stupid receiver... they are a dime a dozen

Joe Thomas #73
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
If we get "clapped," Steelers would have been "terribly abused."

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RedBaron

No respect for these guys. I use to respect them but not now. Sit on the bench and pout while refusing to shake hands after the game is over. I've lost all respect for them.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I feel the same way. When you won everything was great but now that you lost you act like an entitled spoiled child. Sort of like Boston sports fans. frown Grow up an act like men!!!

A
Legend
Legend
A
They can't just shut up, even sitting at home.

More fuel for the Browns!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Replying to both of you.

our teams may have been a joke in the past, laughed at and beat down over and over. But at least they did one thing. Handle those losses like men.

This is just dispicable.

Legend
Legend
We are rested. Wave to the losers from last night. No class in losing. They got owned.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend

Awwwe, look, even Chasey is trashy. Can't wait to punk these chicks, for years on end, while they search for their next three Bubby Bristers.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect

No respect for these guys. I use to respect them but not now. Sit on the bench and pout while refusing to shake hands after the game is over. I've lost all respect for them.

Chase Claypool knows about getting clapped in the playoffs coming from Notre Dame and getting spanked like that last night.

Last edited by CleVeLaNd_sTrife; 01/11/21 07:45 PM.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
I wouldn't imagine it far-fetched to think the Chiefs were ALREADY game-planning for the Steelers next week. I'd love to think a MAJOR wrench was thrown into their planning last night. AND we'll be heading to Missouri with a slightly different slate of players to plan for. Well, maybe more than just "slightly."

They would have faced the Ravens if the Steelers had won.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It's a bit early but in order for us to beat the Chiefs we have to keep the ball on O as long as possible. Again, quick passing game, slants, dump off to our backs , long and short snap counts and make good use of our TE's both blocking and receiving. That should open up our running game. Anything to move the chains and keep Mahommes off the field.

J
Legend
Legend
J
What a game. I was in shock the first quarter. I got a little worried from time to time, but thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I’ve so forgotten what all this feels like. It still hasn’t sunken in yet. Way to go, Browns! We all needed this.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I dislike the talking heads who call the Browns "America's Team"

Um no. The Browns are NOT America's Team. I spent the last 20 years being ridiculed in bars for being a Browns fan. AND NOW YOU WANT TO CLAIM OUR TEAM???

Oh hell no.

The Browns are CLEVELAND'S team. Get your bandwagoning ass out.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I dislike the talking heads who call the Browns "America's Team"

Um no. The Browns are NOT America's Team. I spent the last 20 years being ridiculed in bars for being a Browns fan. AND NOW YOU WANT TO CLAIM OUR TEAM???

Oh hell no.

The Browns are CLEVELAND'S team. Get your bandwagoning ass out.

+ 1 Thats the Eve I know thumbsup

Joe Thomas #73
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
It's a bit early but in order for us to beat the Chiefs we have to keep the ball on O as long as possible. Again, quick passing game, slants, dump off to our backs , long and short snap counts and make good use of our TE's both blocking and receiving. That should open up our running game. Anything to move the chains and keep Mahommes off the field.

Reid is no dummy - so this might not be so simple .... BUT .... it may come down to manipulating time of possession at the end of the 2nd Q and 4th Q and making sure we are the ones with the ball and score ... and are within a TD of going ahead at game end .... and then leaving "no time" on the clock. 1 minute would be too long. 20 seconds? Whatever it takes.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/11/21 08:11 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bravo, Eve! Well said... thumbsup

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
T
Legend
Legend
T
GC. It's the Quarterback!
Stupid

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Legend
Legend
D
We aren't going to play keep-away with the Chiefs for 60 minutes. For this to be a game, we're going to need to score right along with them. Last team to score wins. I see a barnburner, just like when Mayfield and Mahomes met in college.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
We aren't going to play keep-away with the Chiefs for 60 minutes. For this to be a game, we're going to need to score right along with them. Last team to score wins. I see a barnburner, just like when Mayfield and Mahomes met in college.
how cool would it be to see us go toe to toe with them offensively

(And how aggravating would it be to watch our defense haha)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: Dave
how cool would it be to see us go toe to toe with them offensively

(And how aggravating would it be to watch our defense haha)

As long as we score 1 more point than them it won't be aggravating at all smile

Legend
Legend

Steelers won't even have the chance to get clapped by KC.

"Why?" you might ask.
Answer: because datazz got clapped by the Browns yesterday.

Chase our newspaper clippings, Claypool, you loser.

rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
j/c:

So we knocked them out of the playoffs and gave them Covid?

Or they just spread more to us.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I’d bet they already had some cases

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I’d bet they already had some cases

Yup that's how I'd do it if I were cheating the system.

Report it right after the game so it looks like you just caught it.

Although in the testers are independently run by the NFL and they'd never favor one team over the other.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Psydeffect
I've lost all respect for them.

I never had any respect for them.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

To me this is a pretty big deal towards his evolution as a complete back.

Weeks 1-11 (granted he missed a few games), he was targeted 4 times in the passing game.

Weeks 12- Wild Card, he has been targeted 18 times. That's huge.

Oh, and he has brought in every one of those targets minus two.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Mommy's punk. Sleep it off. This won't heal for awhile.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 48 Steelers 37 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard