Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1840614 01/12/21 01:03 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

According to odds makers we have a 19% chance to win the game.

Ok. I have great respect of the Chiefs. They are a great well coached team. On offense.

They average giving up 4.5 yards per carry on the ground.

Chubb and Hunt are not in those stats.

KC has not faced the quality of our starting offensive line. Mmmmm.

For those who think that the Chiefs are going to roll over us. I do not think so.

We can win this game. And a 19% chance is BS.

They will score on us.

If we can sustain long scoring drives that result in TD's we have a great shot to beat them.

We will have Ward and our starting secondary. Myles has the speed to force Mahomes's to throw. Not allowing time to just rove around the backfield looking for a target.

We have to put a man on Kelce. I think Harrison could man up on him.

I actually like our chances in this game.

KC has not faced an offense like ours.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Agreed ... watching the Buckeyes game, I hope Hill doesn't destroy the Browns like Smith did the Buckeyes ... but I agree this is a winnable game. Unlike the Pittsburgh game that I thought we would win -- I simply think we *can* win. Be interesting to see if 20 days without a game hurts the Chiefs as much as time off clearly hurt Ben and Pouncey. I doubt it but it may be a factor. I'm looking forward to the game without any concern or anxiety ... this has already been a phenomenal season and I 100% trust Stefanski to approach this game level headed with an attitude of expecting to go 1-0.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Problem is we average giving up 30.4 points in away games !

Legend
Legend
We are easily going to give up at least 35 points ... our offense is gonna have to be flawless and our D will have to try to get a TO or 2

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Staff should watch tape of the Pats game vs KC and implement a similar defensive game plan.

That is how you defend the Chiefs (as best as you can).

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That Cover 5 defense that was implemented I think by the Patriots definitely gave Mahomes fits. I think the problem now is that he's seen it and has had the chance to break it down. The other issue is that we don't have the same personnel on defense that the Patriots have, so I'm not sure how effective we would be in implementing it.

I do think there are basic principles though that were effective. One is don't blitz, because I think Mahomes may have been (at least at one point) the most effective QB against the blitz this year. The other is that I think we need to keep our coverage schemes disguised and complex - more so than usual. Hopefully not to the degree, though, where it confuses our own guys in executing it.

I don't expect this game to go in our favor, but we do sure as hell have to try! smile

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
The best defense for the KC offense is to keep them off the field.
We probably would have to accomplish all of these but get Chubb and Hunt their touches and get at least the production we got in the pitts game, win time of possession battle and win the turnover battle

Legend
Legend

Daryl Ruiter
@RuiterWrongFAN
#Browns roster moves:

Placed on Reserve/Injured:
G Michael Dunn (calf)
CB Robert Jackson (hamstring)

Placed on Practice Squad/Injured:
CB A.J. Green (hamstring)

Signed to practice squad:
CB Donovan Olumba

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
The Raiders beat them this year, in their first meeting. They came close in the second one.

A high scoring offense like the Raiders - or us - can give them fits, it seems. The Saints came close to winning, too. We just need the defense to slow them down a little the way the Bills, Broncos, Chargers, and Falcons did. All of those teams held the Chiefs to under 30 points, and a couple kept them under 20 points. That's a large enough sample size to show it CAN be done... we just have to figure out how to make it work with our scheme and personnel and still have our offense click along at full speed.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
I see a few of you are buying into this bit about ball control and/or defense being a way to win. This is dead wrong, IMO. The only way we win this game (and it's closer to 1.9% vs. 19% chance) is in a 49-45 game, or something like that.

KC is the team just on cruise control through the regular season now...you cannot take anything they've done or not done in recent weeks as a given. Mahomes in the playoffs is gonna get 35+. With our defense, I would put the O/U on KC punts at 1.5. We have to score TDs and keep scoring them until 00s. I don't have a lot of faith that we will, but I'll be rooting my tail off for it. Maybe push that go-for-it-on-4th-down threshhold to our own 30+ yd line.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

We can all speculate on the best way to win.

My point is simple. Teams in the NFL are much closer than some believe.

No team this year is dominate on both sides of the ball.

KC is a strong offensive team. They will score points. That does not mean they can't be beat. They can turn it over like any team.

In addition they will give up points.

No team in the playoffs at this stage has a 19% or less chance to win. I simple do not accept that. That is a betting line and that is all. The percentage is based upon how bets are placed.

They are the Champs and I have great respect for them.
However.

The Chief's won by:

3 Against the Chargers
3 Against the Raiders
2 Against the Panthers
3 Against the Buc's
6 Against the Broncos
6 Against the Dolphins
3 Against the Saints
3 Against the Falcons

And lost by 8 to the Raiders.

So they did not skate through the league.

They are not the 85 Bears.

This team can be beaten and the Browns have a good chance to beat them.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
The Raiders beat them this year, in their first meeting. They came close in the second one.

A high scoring offense like the Raiders - or us - can give them fits, it seems. The Saints came close to winning, too. We just need the defense to slow them down a little the way the Bills, Broncos, Chargers, and Falcons did. All of those teams held the Chiefs to under 30 points, and a couple kept them under 20 points. That's a large enough sample size to show it CAN be done... we just have to figure out how to make it work with our scheme and personnel and still have our offense click along at full speed.

I watched the Carolina/KC game when it happened (and this was when they had CEH too) ... Carolina really handled the ball through the ground and intermediate passing. Crossing routes and deep in routes.

I have to think they’re going to need to bring a guy or two into the box against us, which should help too

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

No team this year is dominate dominant on both sides of the ball.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
If the Raiders and Chargers can beat them, then so can we.

We are going to get MUCH healthier. We should get Bitonio back as well as our 2 starting CBs. A Mahommes offense also could allow our Dline to impact the game unlike a Big Ben offense (he holds the ball longer than Ben, which benefits our big fellas).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
A Mahommes offense also could allow our Dline to impact the game unlike a Big Ben offense (he holds the ball longer than Ben, which benefits our big fellas).

I actually like our match-up against the Chiefs. We run a very similar offense to the 49ers, who ran and threw play-action all over the Chiefs in the Superbowl last year, until they stopped running for whatever reason.

And on defense, I like the point you brought up. Another thing to consider...Mahomes loves to take deep drops and sling it with his cannon arm. This plays right into MG's hands, as he excels with the speed rush around the outside. Garrett is going to need a big game for us to win, and I think he could give Mahomes fits the whole game. They will have to double-team him to get off those long passes.

I say we limit our blitzes, play coverage, and hope MG and our D-line can cause some havoc. I also like Ronnie Harrison on Kelce.

Legend
Legend
Even if our STRENGTH was our secondary ... we’d be screwed with Mahomes. It’s almost better that we have our eggs in other baskets.

However, the rumors of Ward not being activated really hurt our chances

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
thanks for spell check I was writing fast for me

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

What rumors about Ward?

Legend
Legend
Here are some promising facts I've discovered while doing a little digging on a lazy day off.

- The Chiefs haven't won a game by more than one score since
November 1st.
- Only 2 of the 8 opponents since then were playoff teams
- The largest margin of victory over that time was 6 pts
- The average margin of victory was only 3.85 pts
- The only playoff team they beat by 10 or more this entire
season were the rats back in September.
- The other double digit wins were vs the Jets, Broncos, Pats
and Texans...and those were all in the first half of the
season.

The Chiefs have not been the juggernaut they're made out to be, and seem to be doing just enough to get by. Andy Reid knows how to win games.

We do have our work cut out for us. To have a chance, we have to take advantage of the dust they need to shake off from their layoff, and then Woods is going to have to come up with a better game plan than just hanging on for dear life if and when we get a lead. Mahommes just thrives in those situations.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

What rumors about Ward?
that the effects of Covid have really taken a toll on him. He’s extremely sick. Probably would be ineffective even if cleared

Legend
Legend

What rumors about Ward?

I don't know who D4l is reading but I can tell you not one of the Browns reporters have mentioned anything about Ward not being activated.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

They can be beat.

As both of us has pointed out the scores of their games.

We have not had a game in a long time where we played all our starters by the depth chart.

We don't even know if we have played our best game.

So this game as far as can we win to me is no different than any team we would face in the playoffs.

Of course we can win. We were not supposed to win against the Steelers.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Pdawg

What rumors about Ward?

I don't know who D4l is reading but I can tell you not one of the Browns reporters have mentioned anything about Ward not being activated.
Yeah, just going by what Jake Burns has been saying on his account and stuff on the paid site of OBR

S
Legend
Legend
S
KC hasn't blown anyone out since week 8 against the Jets...

I think the Browns have a shot, but they are going to need a nearly flawless game. No turnovers, force a few yourself, and don't kick field goals in the red zone.

Mahomes is gonna get his, that's just what he does. Hill is going to be a handful, so is Kelce.

These guys did get two weeks of rest. They sat guys week 17, and had last week off. Browns might be able to punch them in the mouth early, similar to what we saw on Sunday in Pittsburgh.

Gun to my head, I am taking the Chiefs, but I do like the Browns against the number. We have to see what happens with both teams as the week progresses. This is going to be such a long week lmao

O
Legend
Legend
O
This might be the game where we suddenly get real aggressive on D. There's no way our secondary can keep up with Hill-Kelce-Watkins-etc. When Pitt decided they could still throw the big passes even though we were playing off, Schuster and Claypool started getting theirs.

We have to play flawless on O in order to only require the minimum number of stops from our D. I know we kept taking away the ball from Big Ben, but I think we used all that up just like we did in the beginning of the season and then suddenly not being able to take anything from anyone.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
That's a revealing list of win margins that Bonefish posted. I hear some TV talking heads say the Chiefs have been on autopilot during the regular season, but I guarantee you that they were on afterburner trying to win those games.

P
Legend
Legend
P
https://youtu.be/mypHZmXdU3o

Fats Domino Going to Kansas City

Last edited by PastorMarc; 01/12/21 05:14 PM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
C
Legend
Legend
C
Nantz and Romo for us on Sunday.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
we haven’t done great with them announcing games, at least from my memory.

I hope a few KC players decide to spout off on social media (and then decide to not play smile )

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We're going to have to play the way we did against the Steelers and then some. If I were our coaching staff I'd watch film on all their games and see what other teams did on D to stop them. Whatever worked I would try to duplicate it if we can with our personnel. I'm sure they already thought of this and are doing it.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
we haven’t done great with them announcing games, at least from my memory.

I hope a few KC players decide to spout off on social media (and then decide to not play smile )

Watkins already did..but then again so did Hunt( which I didn't care for) Watkins basically said we aren't any competition

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

What rumors about Ward?

Yeah, just going by what Jake Burns has been saying on his account and stuff on the paid site of OBR

I follow Burns on Twitter and I have not seen anything about this. Hoping it is not true.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I find the lack of news on Ward a little worrisome.

-PrplPplEater
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K

What rumors about Ward?

Let's see a Link.

I see NOTHING from Burns, nor on OBR.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I find the lack of news on Ward a little worrisome.

I do as well

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Even though I know it won't happen. I would like to see stefanski let pelt call the plays again. Stefanski has gotten pass happy. Pelt didnt go away from the run as much.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
E
Legend
Legend
E
I think this game will be a Baker v Mahomes shootout.

No Craps Given
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

IMO we can play man against them.

Mitchell covers Watkins

Ward covers Hill

Harrison covers Kelce.

That is not to say we will strictly play man.

In some cases we may play different combinations.

But I do think we can hang with them.

Kelce is a problem because he relies on finding space in zones and can not covered by a linebacker.

He has to be covered with a safety.

Hill of course is their deep threat. But Ward is an excellent cover guy.

The big thing to me is the pressure on Mahomes. He can not be allowed to roam the backfield. We can not cover forever.

The pressure has to be contained pressure. Make him throw on schedule and take our chances.

Legend
Legend
I do, too, but I think our run game vs their defense will allow us to be a bit more balanced.

Browns is the Browns

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Gameday vs Kansas City Onward to Kansas City

Link Copied to Clipboard