Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Common sense would say to pound the rock with Chubb/Hunt, move the chains and control the clock, keep KC's offense off the field.
Stefanski will most likely have Baker throw it 50 times to win a shootout. Also IMO I would hope we don't jump out to a big lead, KC relishes on making big comebacks

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker will have more time in the pocket than he did last week.

We will attack them by air and by ground.

We will use underneath screen passes to Chubb and Hunt. Chubb will break some very long ones!

They will pound the rock with Chubb and Hunt.

Baker will utilize all 4 tight ends.

Our D will bend like a rubber band and give up a lot of points, but will get some turnovers.

KC is a great team, but overrated.

Browns 48
Chiefs 45

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I would think that the Steelers D is a little better than KC. We should be able to move the ball on them.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

KC is third to last against the rush. They average giving up 4.5 yds per carry.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
This game will be about running the ball and eating clock. KC can score quick. Got to keep Mahommes on the bench. They are the best, but they can be beat.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
If we do not turn it over and do not commit stupid penalties, then we have a shot.

P
Legend
Legend
P
https://sportsnaut.com/nfl-defense-rankings-2020-season-updated/

Kansas City Chiefs defensive stats (Week 1-8): 201.3 pass yards/game, 60.1% completion rate, 76.8 quarterback rating, 9/9 TD/INT ratio, 17 sacks, 142.8 rush yards/game, 4.8 yards per carry

Kansas City Chiefs defensive stats (Week 9-16): 269.7 pass yards/game, 64.2% completion rate, 96.3 quarterback rating, 17/7 TD/INT ratio, 12 sacks, 96.7 rush yards/game, 4.2 yards per carry.

There are reasons to be concerned for Kansas City’s sake against the Browns. We haven’t seen the Chiefs stop the run all season and there is nothing Kevin Stefanski loves doing more than punishing defenses with Nick Chubb. Cleveland will use ground control to eat up the clock and keep Patrick Mahomes off the field. If the Chiefs can jump out to an early lead, forcing Baker Mayfield to carry the Browns, a victory becomes likely. If Cleveland gets it going early, though, an NFL Playoffs upset is possible.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Good luck to the Browns! They sure didn't need it last Sunday.

#gmstrong
1st String
1st String

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian
This game will be about running the ball and eating clock. KC can score quick. Got to keep Mahommes on the bench. They are the best, but they can be beat.

yep... FEED HUNT!!! You know he wants to run for 200

<><

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
There's a gleam, men. There's a gleam. Let's get the gleam.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

T
Legend
Legend
T
They should be callng up the raiders on advice on beating the chiefs.
And calling up the Chargers on advice on taking the chiefs to overtime.

Well, seriously though

Chiefs template for games is the Brows will have to score 40+ to beat them.

Now the Chiefs scored a lot a bunch of times but stopped at like 36- and nearly never reached 40.

What it means,
It makes me think, think the Giants Browns game,

the total drives were limited because The teams took time consuming drives.

So, I think the Chiefs recipe includes time consuming drives by their offense,
So, The Browns will have to score 40, and do it on limited number of drives.

It is doable, but understand this going in.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
What scares me most about this game is Andy Reid. He just knows how to win.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: bonefish

KC is third to last against the rush. They average giving up 4.5 yds per carry.

True, but they found a way to shut down Henry in the playoffs I believe last season.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
plus he’s like a million and 0 after a bye

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Run them wider and more often. Coach Stef needs to shorten their game. If we pull up their secondary with brutal running, the passing will be there. While we are watching film, our play caller ought to jot some notes about how we gave up 500+ last week and consider working it in.

Just win, baby! Vegas would love it! Unleash The Elf! brownie

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Underdawg.

The whole NFL world will blow up if we can win this game.

The Browns are the classic underdawg. "Rocky" was nothing compared to the Browns.

Everything about the Browns screams underdawg.

Can you say Buster Douglas? That is what I am talking about.

10 point underdawg in the playoffs after beating the Steelers who won 12 games. Now the Steelers are being portrayed as "has been" team ripe to be beaten. Except before the game the Browns were 7 point underdawgs.

I went back to look at who played for the Browns in the last 6 games. Can't find when we actually played our starting lineup?

We have won so many games without players.

Yet we have improved all year. I do not believe the Browns have peaked. I do not believe we have played our best game ---
Yet.

Momentum is hard to quantify. It is intangible.

But when you beat the Steelers two games in a row and send them on vacation.

I would call that momentum.

So let the Chiefs watch tv and practice to disco.

Let's see what happens when real Dawgs show up.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Agreed with the exception that I think we have peaked / are peaking. I think we went a little conservative Q3 vs Pit because of how insanely large the lead was and it was 'chew clock safely' more than 'score points' mode ... but man when we wanted to we found ways to make 1st downs. Other than having a guy like OBJ there ready to take it to the house on any play, I don't know if there is much improvement to be had smile .... Bitonio is nice to have back but the backups stepped in and did SO well... idk.

Can't wait for the game.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Not to debate but we have not peaked because we have not played our starters.

Especially on defense. The secondary has not been together. The linebackers not all together. The DL still missing players.

I want the Chiefs. They are the favorites to win this Super Bowl.

However, I want to face them with our starting OL. Our starters period.

I am curious about what we can do with our full team.

T
Rookie
Rookie
T
I fully expect Stefanski to come out throwing early. Both play-action and shifts to empty backfield sets. This is his MO when opponents are keyed in on stopping the running game. Of course, if I can see this, Andy Reid & the KC staff surely can, as well. How will that play out? And how will Baker look on his throws? Do we get balls sailing, or is he going to be "on?" The first drive should tell us a lot about how the game is gonna go.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm also still surprised, at times, with how much we end up throwing the ball. I would imagine when defenses start taking our PA game about as seriously as our run game then we'll come out pounding the rock.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
j/c...

I see we're messing with a winning formula....

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
All Pro
All Pro
Personally, I don't see how we win this one. KC is loaded and built to win Championships. But we do belong in this game. The Browns have earned the right to play the best.

The only way the Browns win this is if they start scoring and don't stop no matter what. They'll have to play it like it's the last game on Earth. Playing that soft prevent D has worked nicely up till now. But KC will make us pay dearly for trying it on them. The Chiefs were my early pick to win it all and, sadly, I haven't seen anything to revisit that yet.

The old cliche about scoring the most points means you win the game is very true here. I'm thinking it'll take 50+ points to get the job done.

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to this game. All those years of misery and being the butt of everyone's jokes on Monday. The hangovers, regret, fear and loathing; some times it's hard to keep the faith. But here we are.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
1st String
1st String
Originally Posted By: Steubenvillian

Chiefs fans say that other teams have tried this approach and failed. I imagine those teams don't have dynamic rbs like we do though. I just hope Ski doesn't get pass happy as he's been over the past few weeks and pound the rock with our rbs. I don't trust our dbs to cover anybody. Kelce will basically be able cherry pick those swiss cheese holes that are gonna be all over the field. I'd be more optimistic if it wasn't for our D. they give up a ton of points to trash teams. the difference is it's the playoffs and they'll be more locked in, but we just don't have the talent in that area no matter how locked in our guys are. they're gonna for sure put their best effort but it won't be enough. I PRAY IM WRONG!

O
Legend
Legend
O
The secondary saved up all their 'game' for last week, and I think if the D is going to have a good game this time it's going to come from the defensive front. Getting good sustained pressure on Mahommes, especially while he's trying to work some magic, could be what we need.

-PrplPplEater
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
I guess it depends on which teams employed that strategy and what the end result is. Meaning if Atlanta, Miami and Denver (in the second game) all tried that and fell just short, a team with a better oline and rushing attack may have more success. I looked through just a couple KC games and most of the ones that were close or they lost, the other team controlled time of possession. The Raiders dominated it in the first game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Amazing that everyone in the media sees the Browns as a kind of run only offense.

Maybe they have not paid attention to the way Baker has played over the second half.

Ok then. We are a balanced offensive attack. We have two great runners. We use three TE's. We throw the ball all over the yard to any receiver.

Everything is set up by a great offensive line. We use play action. Defenses have to honor our run game.

We can score on any defense. The Steelers have the third rated defense.

We will have no problem scoring on KC.

We will have an almost complete defense minus OV.

We are certainly not an elite defense. However, we do get turnovers. It is coached into this team.

Of course KC will score on us. All we need is more chances. The team that punts, and turns it over will lose.

The team with the most offensive chances will win.

Legend
Legend
The media is a farce. They cling on to narrative and play follow the leader. Lazy as hell.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

We need to keep Mahommes in the pocket and not let him scramble-drill us to death...I know that sounds odd on the surface, but they get sooooooooo many big plays off that scramble-drill. Kelce and Hill get lost when things break down and they really capitalize on that.

Their O Line is banged-up and patch-worked. We need to be disciplined with how we go after PM. JMO

Legend
Legend
Agreed. ... we have to almost treat him like Lamar. Keep him in the pocket or it’s nearly a guaranteed chunk play

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
well, that's a bold strategy Cotton; we'll see if it works.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: bonefish

The team with the most offensive chances will win.

The team that makes the most of each offensive chance will win.

This could well be a game where the team that loses will the be the one that fails to get at least 3 points on every drive.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

I have written this numerous times.

Can not let Mahomes "roam" the backfield.

Myles and Clayborn have to pinch the outside.

I suspect Myles will mostly come from Mahomes right side. Hopefully he can close that direction off. The roll right.

I do think we need to occasionally rush 5. The 5th rusher can be a corner, safety or linebacker. Mix it up.

However, mostly rush four and cover.

They have weapons. We need to be on Kelce. Mahomes loves going to him. He is a smart player. I do think we have to man him. I don't think we have a linebacker that can handle him. Maybe Phillips he has speed but little experience. So Harrison is our best bet.

They are a handful to defend. We need to make them earn it. We have to limit the big plays. If they they take 15 plays and five minutes so be it. Bombs downfield can not happen.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
well, that's a bold strategy Cotton; we'll see if it works.

No doubt there...I'll add that IMO Garrett will be the key guy in staying disciplined in how he goes after Mahommes...if he's not getting home with some success he cannot allow himself to be pushed so wide that PM just steps through and creates havoc.

While being two vastly different players, I'd say that PM's scramble plays are as big as LJ's running the ball. You have to pick a poison with those guys. I'd much rather defend PM from inside the pocket...even to the detriment of other defensive chances/calls.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Food for thought. I remembered that back in the 80's the Steelers played and beat the 49er's so I looked it up. They beat them in the '84 and '87 seasons. The 49er's were one of the best if not the best team in the league. They had a record of 15-1 in '84 and 13-2 in '87. The Steelers were 9-7 and 8-7 respectively. Do you know why they won? because the Steelers were physical and could run the ball so they kept it away from the 49er's high powered O. We were physical Sunday night and ran the ball when we had to. That should continue to be a big part of our game this Sunday.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 01/13/21 03:10 PM.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: jfanent

He knows how to lose too.
I've seen his teams lose a bunch of times in the playoffs over the last several years.

This is not some, super special, surreal kind of thing for the Browns to be in a football game.

It's just a Football game, a very big and important one, but still a Football game.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities to just go out, and play football and win the thing!

Your not in frickin Narnia just because you reached the divisional round, ooooh
let's act like it's a miracle for the Browns to even be here?

Get out of here with that thinking, that's nonsense, it's Football, it's the playoffs,

You've got a team that's 3 wins away from a parade and a trophe,
and if Foles and his dumb philadelphia team could do it 4 years ago, This Browns team is certainly better than that one was,
so Just go play football and play to win and see what happens.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 01/13/21 05:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I had a friend who's a KC fan post that Mahomes has averaged 31 points in playoff games...I posted Baker averages 48 points!
He posted that Mahomes has never scored below 31 points in playoff games....I posted Baker has never scored below 48 points!
He posted that Mahomes only playoff loss was in an OT game, that he didn't get to play in...I posted Baker has never had to go to OT !

Of course Baker's only been in one playoff game, but that's beside the point, lol.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

That's beautiful.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Gameday vs Kansas City Onward to Kansas City

Link Copied to Clipboard