Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

And on point, I don't really disagree, though I don't think she was armed. It would have been much better to grab her by the hair and pull her through the window until she got stuck, then slap her around for a while.

Uh - there's only one officer left there and 100 protestors... That's not really an option.

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 01/09/21 10:58 AM.

~Lyuokdea
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L

~Lyuokdea
P
Legend
Legend
P
This is what happens when your actions defy the marching orders of their Führer.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Furher Pelosi, or Furher Schumer, only two I can think of.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

That's because your thinking ability is severely challenged.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
who is this?

Joe Thomas #73
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: BADdog
who is this?
Tom Anderson, the creator of MySpace and first friend most claimed on the site.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
That woman was killed while committing a crime.. End of discussion

Why is it now the end of discussion yet when other people get shot it gets discussed for months and results in massive protests?

And on point, I don't really disagree, though I don't think she was armed.

I took out some other comments I didn't really mean, so no sense getting off topic.
My feeling are this...I don't think she needed to be shot. I am also not all that bother by the fact.

It was more than justified. The officer saved lives. The life of a traitor and tyrant is not worth the lives of true Patriots.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

You Trump supporters can choose to go out and peacefully protest those two. But no, the tyrannical racists show up in force in DC and attempt a violent coup killing 5 including a cop defending our nations capitol. Pffft trump supporters. Traitors every single one them. If you continue to support trump now, you are a traitor.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O

O
Legend
Legend
O

Legend
Legend

Why is it now the end of discussion yet when other people get shot it gets discussed for months and results in massive protests?

I took out some other comments I didn't really mean, so no sense getting off topic.
My feeling are this...I don't think she needed to be shot. I am also not all that bother by the fact.

Not sure what you are referring too. But like I said, she was shot during the commission of a crime.. People that get shot during the commission of a crime don't get a lot of sympathy from me..

I don't want to see people getting shot or beat over the head with a fire extinguisher.(as was the case with the Capitol police officer)

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M

Not sure what you are referring too. But like I said, she was shot during the commission of a crime.. People that get shot during the commission of a crime don't get a lot of sympathy from me..

I don't want to see people getting shot or beat over the head with a fire extinguisher.(as was the case with the Capitol police officer)

It's an attempt to say shooting the woman during the commission of a crime - while defending our countries elected officials/leaders - is the same as, for example, Black victims being shot in the back for not listening to a police officer, or having a police officer choke the life out of a black man for 8 minutes and 46 seconds while 4 other officers keep everyone at bay.

It's false equivalence at it's finest.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Obviously he thinks the capitol police officer shouldn’t defend our great nation and the law of the land. It’s hopeless with trump supporters. They’re still supporting his crap.

– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend

CRYSTAL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Former Homeland Security head's advice following Capitol attack: "Buckle up"
CBSNews
Sun, January 10, 2021, 9:28 AM EST

An angry mob running roughshod and unchecked through the Capitol and onto the floor of the United States Senate – a scene as once unthinkable as airplanes crashing into buildings.

"They could have blown the building up," said Sen. Lindsey Graham. "They could have killed us all. They could have destroyed the government. We dodged a major bullet yesterday."

The barriers erected and manned by the Capitol Police were little more than speed bumps to the angry mob.

"They had these pathetic little barricades up beforehand, and what they should have done is had much more robust capabilities well in advance of the sixth of January," said former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff.

He told CBS News national security correspondent David Martin that the Capitol Police bear primary responsibility. "This strikes me as having been a real dereliction by the Capitol Police," he said.

But simple dereliction doesn't explain this statement by D.C. Police Chief Robert Contee: "There was no intelligence that suggested there would be a breach of the U.S. Capitol."

In fact, social media was full of "Storm the Capitol" rhetoric, including a tweet from President Trump, predicting it "will be wild."

And then, there was the rally outside the White House where the president and his ally Rudy Giuliani riled up the crowd. "Let's have trial by combat," Giuliani pronounced.

Chertoff said, "If you read the newspaper, you knew that there was a serious possibility of a threat against the Capitol. 'Let's go wild.' 'Bring your guns.' It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that that suggests a serious threat to the integrity of the Capitol."

This was not a failure to connect the dots but a failure to believe the dots.

"Whether they underestimated the threat or believed – because they were Trump supporters – they weren't going to be a problem, that was a very serious error, and can never be allowed to be repeated," Chertoff said.

Martin asked, "Was this cultural bias? If it's Black Lives Matter there's a real threat of violence here, but if it's just almost all White Trump supporters, no problem?"

"Certainly, that's a legitimate question to ask," Chertoff replied. "They need to ask questions about whether there was conscious or unconscious bias, or even some, you know, political spin for some of the people in the Capitol Police."

Democratic Congressman James Clyburn offered a more sinister explanation: "Somebody on the inside of those buildings [was] complicit in this."

The need for answers is urgent. There are already social media calls for more attacks surrounding the Inauguration. The president is vowing, 'We will not be SILENCED!" And one of his supporters warned, "Many of us will return on January 19 carrying our weapons."

"Buckle up," Chertoff said. "I'm afraid we're going to see some very scary activity over the next weeks and months."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-homeland-security-heads-advice-142847347.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
All racists voted for trump, not everyone who voted for trump is a racist.

If you believe there are no racists in the democratic party or who voted for Biden, you are painfully naive.

Yes this is true. There is a huge difference tho. And that is the Democratic Party did not nominate a well known proven over and over racist for POTUS. The vast majority of Democrats don’t openly support racism like trump supporters and the GOP leadership on Capitol Hill do.

you are correct. The dems are much more savvy about keeping their internal racism hidden... good on them.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, refusing to give them total power to undermine the nation isn't quite the same thing. But you do you.

You see, one party refuses to support putting them in power. The other party overwhelmingly supported putting one in power. But you just keep on rationalizing that it is somehow equivalent. It seems to be a trend.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yeah, refusing to give them total power to undermine the nation isn't quite the same thing. But you do you.

You see, one party refuses to support putting them in power. The other party overwhelmingly supported putting one in power. But you just keep on rationalizing that it is somehow equivalent. It seems to be a trend.

I don't have to. I never said it was equal. This all started when I responded to a post implying that any and all racists are republicans. I don't see any need to take this further.

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P
My only real problem was the "keeping their internal racism hidden". Refusing to give a voice and support to racism within your ranks isn't about "keeping it hidden". It's about refusing to give it a voice or giving it power.

Something we would have all been better off with if Republicans had followed that example.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
"Who should be held accountable for the attempted coup in DC"

By republican leader response NO ONE. Move along nothing to see here.... It disgusts me that more support his BS fraud claims than support kicking is butt to the curb. What is wrong with these morons. Defend the constitution you swore to defend!
All republicans are partially responsible for 4 years of keeping quite on utter BS.

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Capitol riots: Chief says back-up denied over ‘optics’, as 15,000 troops requested ahead of ‘uprising’
Gino Spocchia and Justin Vallejo
Mon, January 11, 2021, 7:57 PM EST

(AP)
Ousted police chief Steve Sund said he requested help or back up six times before and during the Capitol riots but was denied over the “optics”.

In his first interview since resigning, Sund said he asked House and Senate security officials permission to request the National Guard be placed on standby but that House Sergeant at Arms Paul Irving wasn’t comfortable with the “optics” of formally declaring an emergency ahead of pro-Trump demonstrations.

The insight into what went wrong comes as the FBI warned an 'armed uprising' could take place in all 50 state capitols between now and the inauguration of Joe Biden if Congress moves to remove Donald Trump before 20 January.

As a result, the Pentagon has approved an additional 15,000 National Guard to be deployed or remain on stand by to for Inauguration Day.

Democrats, meanwhile, introduced an article of impeachment to the floor of the House of Representatives as lawmakers prepare to vote on a resolution asking the vice president, Mike Pence, to invoke the 25th Amendment and remove Donald Trump from office.

For his part, Pence reportedly had his first call with Trump since the riot and committed to working together until the end of his term, appearing to douse speculation he could invoke the 25th Amendment to remove the president from office.

With Republicans expected to resist the unanimous resolution, it is likely to return to the floor for a full vote on Tuesday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has said. From that point, Pence will have 24 hours to respond, and if not the House will move to impeach the president.

In conversation with House Republicans, House GOP minority leader Kevin McCarthy reportedly said Trump bears some responsibility for the riot at the US Capitol. Even so, he said opposes impeachment but would be open to supporting a motion of censuring the president.

The work to remove Trump comes as his supporters planned to protest outside Twitter’s HQ in San Francisco, furious at the firm for suspending the outgoing president’s account.

Twenty people have now been arrested and await trial for their roles in the assault on Congress, while a Capitol Police officer who was videoed bravely confronting rioters inside the halls of Congress has been named as Eugene Goodman.

At least two Capitol police officers were suspended for taking selfies with rioters, while one was supposedly arrested for wearing a Maga hat and leading them around, according to Chair of the House subcommittee that oversees Capitol Police, congressman Tim Ryan.

https://news.yahoo.com/capitol-riots-live-twitter-hq-170539849.html

Last edited by Jester; 01/11/21 10:56 PM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
O
Legend
Legend
O
GOP lawmakers told Trump takes some responsibility for Capitol riot

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said on a Monday GOP conference call that President Trump told him he takes some responsibility for inciting the riots that took place at the Capitol on Wednesday, two GOP sources confirmed to The Hill.

The call marked the first time the entire caucus convened in the wake of the Capitol being breached, with multiple members voicing concerns about security in the future.

A sizable number of House Republican lawmakers have expressed strong frustration with the rhetoric Trump and his allies used — reiterating unsubstantiated claims the election was stolen and encouraging his supporters to march to the Capitol — before the violent insurrection, which left five dead.

Trump's calls for action on Wednesday came as lawmakers were set to affirm the 2020 election results, with a number of Republicans challenging the results in swing states that President-elect Joe Biden won.

“We’re going to walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women, and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them, because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong,” Trump told a rally of supporters in Washington shortly before the Capitol siege.

While some GOP lawmakers who challenged the Electoral College results said they felt changes to certain election procedures were unconstitutional and warranted a debate, others have blasted the members who led the efforts, arguing that they furthered a false narrative and incited violence.

Congress ultimately rejected the 2020 challenges and officially marked Biden's win early Thursday morning.

Per multiple sources familiar with Monday's call, Rep. Jaime Herrera Beutler (R-Wash.) got into a heated exchange with first-year Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), raising concerns that Boebert risked lawmakers' safety by tweeting their location during the lockdown.

Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.) also raised concerns about Boebert’s tweets.

Rep. Rodney Davis (Ill.), the top Republican on the House Administration Committee, briefed members on the latest safety measures being taken in the wake of the attack, telling them that the Capitol grounds will be more “hardened” for the foreseeable future, per one senior GOP source.

The House Administration Committee is also expected to launch staff and member listening sessions in an effort to hear concerns and make the complex more secure.

In the wake of Trump's actions leading up to the riot, Democrats earlier Monday introduced an article of impeachment against the president that is slated to be brought to the floor for a vote on Wednesday.

It remains unclear how many GOP lawmakers will join Democrats in voting in favor of impeaching the president for a second time.

Sources on the call said that McCarthy warned members not to go on TV and bash one another. He also reiterated the notion that the FBI has determined the rioters were pro-Trump and not members of the left-wing antifa movement as some Trump allies had suggested.

“McCarthy told all members on the call that he has been receiving FBI briefings and it is clear that antifa was not behind this," a source familiar with the call said. "It was in fact right-wing extremists and QAnon adherents, and he urged members to stop spreading false information to the contrary.”

Prior to the call, McCarthy sent a letter to his conference coming out against impeachment but weighing the possibility of a censure, a bipartisan commission to investigate the attack on the Capitol, reforms to the Electoral Count Act of 1887 and potential legislative action to promote voter confidence.

Republicans who voted in favor of challenging the Electoral College certification have come under ongoing fire, with corporate PACs and trade groups vowing to withhold campaign contributions.

“There was a lot of hypocrisy from several members of our leadership on this,” one GOP aide said on the loss of donations. “But there was also a lot of groveling that I assume is based in fear.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/53375...or-capitol-riot

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Raising my hand.

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
thumbsup

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O

M
Legend
Legend
M
The message really starts at about 1 minute 43 seconds. More effort needs to be put into taking a neutral party step by step - right from November 3rd - to lay out why the protest was based on outright lies ... and what politicians said to fan flames and constantly talk of and encourage overturning a legitimate election.

Hawley has rapidly risen to the same despicable P.O.S status that Nunes, Cruz and Rudy have. May they rot in hell.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

O
Legend
Legend
O

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

American "Patriots" funded by the Ruskies! Awesome!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Or trump

Joe Thomas #73
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
As has been discussed at length, something about all this stinks to high heaven. I'll be curious to see how the investigations play out.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Or trump

Honestly if you haven't been paying attention you might think that... and I don't mean that in a negative way, just how I see it. In reality Trump is really good at a couple things: lying and manipulating. Trump (as Cohen explained to anyone that wanted to listen) never actually does it himself - it's all manipulation and getting others to do his dirty work.

In the case of the Capitol fiasco and the occupation and the delaying of the certification .... he was setting Pence up to be the one to actually do something illegal and contrary to the constitution.

The money ? I doubt Trump is anywhere close to it.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/15/21 10:32 AM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
As has been discussed at length, something about all this stinks to high heaven. I'll be curious to see how the investigations play out.

Im sure It will get more and more outrageous and disgusting.

Joe Thomas #73
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

Im sure It will get more and more outrageous and disgusting.

Unlike 'The Call' and unlike the unprecedented communication with the Russians in 2016 - I think the FBI being involved and with the seriousness and visual impact of seeing insurgents with hand ties, the confederate flag etc invading the Capitol Building .... I think we have a chance that the real and complete facts/evidence will be fully exposed. . . eventually.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/15/21 10:37 AM.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Welp, this is going to be fun

~Lyuokdea
P
Legend
Legend
P
Was he a member of ANTIFA?

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Who should be held accountable for the attempted coup in DC?

Link Copied to Clipboard