OP Offline
Legend
C
That was fun.

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
It took Reid about 15 years to overcome his penchant for being a horrible game clock manager. I'll give Stefanski a year...he's a fast learner.

All Pro
All Pro
3rd AND 14.
Bad challenge.
Wasted timeout.
Helmet to Helmet hit.
Dropped screens.
No show for the first half by the offense.
No show for the entire season for the D.
Otherwise this WOULD be a Superbowl team.

THE BROWNS ARE STILL THE BROWNS.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Could have won the game.

Great season and mad props to the team.

Felt like Stefanski was outcoached, bad management and I liked Van Pelt's play calling a LOT better. We didn't run when we could have and it seemed like we were always on the wrong foot to beat them on O.

But a helmet to helmet no-call is the difference in the game.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Hell of a season Brownies! KC was just a bit too much for this defense. Looking forward to next year. thumbsup

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
If If's And's or But's were Candies and Nuts, my Uncle would be my Aunt!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: mgh888

This is a super true statement.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I always say, every year we're going to the Super Bowl. Even when we were about to go 0-16.

This year we came within a game of doing so. Great season, if you ask me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Hell of a season Brownies! KC was just a bit too much for this defense. Looking forward to next year. thumbsup

+ 1 .... love love love this team we are young and set for improvement and relevancy for many years to come. Go Browns!

Joe Thomas #73
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Hell of a game. Myles being hurt was huge. Great season, well above most expectations. The no call on the helmet to helmet was a major factor, and that is sad. Chubb dropping those passes early killed to drives.

If they did anything on that last drive, they would have won.

This team is going to be a big threat next year.

I think Blake Hance deserves a contract.

Best season I have seen in decades

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
R
Legend
Legend
R
First the negative -

The Browns were gifted a win when Mahomes went out. And lost to a 35 year old backup QB. The previous offensive drive was completely mismanaged. They were acting like the 4th quarter just started. Really disappointed they couldn't take advantage of the situation and a real lack of urgency. Stefanski picked the worst game to have his worst game. There is no guarantee the Browns will be back next year.

The positive -

Great season. Nice not to have to worry about GM, coach, and QB. Next season's schedule is very difficult. We'll find out if we are creating something with staying power. Proud of this team. They gave us an amazing, exciting season and broke a lot bad streaks.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It was a tough loss but we are winners and I feel good about that. If you live in Cleveland show up at the airport and cheer our guys, they have earned the respect of the entire league and our gratitude for the best season we have had in 25 years.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
Legend
We made it to the divisional round of the playoffs and were in it until the end. Not bad for a first year coach. The Browns are back. We have our coach and our qb.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
I have heard that Belechik doesn't allow reaching with the ball at the goal line. I see why now if true.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Could have won the game.

Felt like Stefanski was outcoached, bad management and I liked Van Pelt's play calling a LOT better. We didn't run when we could have and it seemed like we were always on the wrong foot to beat them on O.

D was horrible all year

L
Legend
Legend
L
Moment looked too big for a lot of players and coaches. The hope is now that they have been to playoffs they can prepare mentally next year and rise the effort level needed. We have work to do. We still have the capital to do it. This next offseason might be the biggest one since rebirth. Could set up down a path for the next 10 years or we can be stuck . Hopefully next year covid is something that is spoken About in past tense

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
Barry neglected the defense and it came back to bite him

Legend
Legend
One thing that was bad for me: Chubb seemed out of it ... he probably accrued a really poor grade today

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TrooperDawg
I have heard that Belechik doesn't allow reaching with the ball at the goal line. I see why now if true.

I think that fumble rule makes absolutely no sense. Fumbled into the end zone ought to go back to the one. (obviously, without an in bounds defensive recovery)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
It was a fun season. Stefanski will learn from this. Pretty much set on offense. Add some playmakers on D and we will be one of the SB favorites next season.

Win the division and get some playoff games in our stadium in front of our crazy fans in the Dawg Bound.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Jcamm

My biggest gripe of the season.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Berry must address the defense this off season.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Could not be more proud of this team.

They fought all year and overcame a lot of adversity and changed the culture.

Browns football has very bright future.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Could not be more proud of this team.

They fought all year and overcame a lot of adversity and changed the culture.

Browns football has very bright future.

thumbsup

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Woofurious

This is a super true statement.

Final 3rd down almost conversion,

Browns have a little bit of consistent trouble with Qb sneaks/ breakaways for very large gains,

It was not just, Baltimore guy, but Backup KC guy,
it's consistent,

They should, drawing board something on, how not to, maybe keep those gains to
half the remaining yards.

OH well, If's and Buts.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Could have won the game.

D was horrible all year
That is definitely a big concern going into next season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm going to root for Buffalo

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We are going into the draft to plug in some pieces not trying to draft a QB and a whole team. We have our QB, We have our Coach, We have our O line. We have our running backs. We have receivers We need D help. It has been a great year Thank you BROWNS!

Joe Thomas #73
M
Legend
Legend
M
D was bad all year. We didn't ignore the D - the biggest piece we added got injured and was out all year. There's a limit to how much you can achieve in one off season. Pretty sure losing to KC in the send week of the playoffs is better than any sane fan expected before the season started.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: jfanent
We made it to the divisional round of the playoffs and were in it until the end. Not bad for a first year coach. The Browns are back. We have our coach and our qb.
We were in it until the end because Mahomes got hurt. Berry must fix the issues on D this off season.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So Proud of My Browns, they could have quit today but they didn't and had a chance to beat the champs, they have accomplished so much this year, Here are some demons they have exercised in 2020:

1. First Non-Losing Season Since 2007
2. First Winning Season Since 2007
3. First Playoff Appearance Since 2002
4. First Playoff Win Since 1994
5. First Road Playoff Win Since 1969
6. Beating Pittsburgh 2 in a row and Knocking them out of the Playoffs
7. Winning 12 Games First Time Since 1994
8. First win Pittsburgh in 17 Years
8. Next Year is finally Here looking forward to a great 2021 in CLEVELAND 🙂

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
I’d expect multiple new players at every level of the defense

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Plus we'll get back guys like OBJ, Billings, Delpit, and maybe Greedy, Weaver, and we might even re-sign a guy Vernon if he wants to come back and fill a role. (if he gets healthy)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Browns are on their way. They had a HUGE opportunity today and failed. Build the defense. Let Van Pelt call the plays. Stefanski learn to manage the game. Browns looking good for years to come. They are legitimate Super Bowl contenders with defensive improvement.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
Originally Posted By: jfanent
We were in it until the end because Holmes got hurt. Barry must fix the issues on D this off season.

Doesn't change the fact we were in until the end, injuries are part of the Game ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Could have won the game.

Why leave it to the refs? I know Higgins was trying to score but he should have secured the freaking ball instead of risking a fumble!

Legend
Legend
Thank you Browns for a terrific season. If I lived closer I'd be there to greet you at the airport.

#gmstrong
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
I am obviously disappointed and worry that these opportunities don't always reappear.

I am a little disappointed in the severe criticism toward KS. Yes he made mistakes but he should learn from this year. For crying out loud he is a rookie couch whose team won 12 games. My biggest surprise from play calling was abandoning the run.

I see posts calling to cut most of the defense, get rid of the defensive coaches, get rid of Myles Garrett and these are so overly simplistic and not at all realistic. Especially considering we were without anywhere from 2-4 projected starting DBs most of the year.

Blaming Barry for "neglecting the D" I guess I would just ask who you wanted him to draft or sign. This isn't fantasy football and just because there is a FA available doesn't mean you just get to choose him. .I also would consider his draft a positive.

Can we give him a year two before blowing things up again? Isn't this what everyone complains about, constant change?

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
For a stretch of three years we won 4 games. The last two years we looked like a rag tag bunch of Bad News Bears including last year resembling a bunch of immature goof offs. For the first time in 26 years we are playing in the playoffs divisional game. We lack talent on defense, sure. Our Defensive Coordinator called head scratching schemes all season, Stefanski mismanaged some moments, we made some mistakes, our linebackers are slow, and OBJ is on injured reserve.

Yet we played a second playoff game today, the first in 26 years and we beat the Steelers last week.

So for the first time, in decades, I am going into this offseason with the mindset that we are a few players away from being a super bowl caliber team and not a few players away from being mildly respectable and hoping that we no longer will be considered by others as "just the Browns" or "Browns gotta be Browns."

I'm holding my head high, man. It's a good time to be a Browns fan again.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Didn't expect to win this game. But glad we got to play the Chiefs. Gives us an idea of where we are and where we need to get to. Giving up that 3rd and 14 play at the end was disappointing. Hopefully the draft is all D, need a lot of improvement there for next season.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Gameday vs Kansas City Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard