Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I have already posted that the way questions are asked often garner responses that are desired. But the way you framed it really doesn't apply. What does feeling there may have been irregularities in the elections have to do with approving or disapproving of a violent and illegal takeover of our nations capital?

I agree with peaceful protests by any and every American. It's our right as Americans. But once you cross the line into violence and when you try to overthrow the elections by taking over the capital building, I'm against you.

That pertains to protests for social justice and political protests. I don't see that as a complicated issue.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Almost half of Republicans support the pro-Trump protesters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, putting them at odds with Democrats who largely oppose the actions of the demonstrators, a poll has found.

The survey released by YouGov on Thursday morning found that 45 percent of Republican voters backed the attack on the Capitol building, while 43 percent said they "strongly or somewhat" opposed the protesters' behavior.

Six percent of Republicans were unsure while a further 6 percent said they were unaware of the events.

By comparison, an overwhelming majority of Democratic voters (96 percent) said they were strongly or somewhat opposed to the actions of pro-Trump protesters—actions that led to four deaths and at least 52 arrests.

Only one in five independents told pollsters they backed the protests, while more than two-thirds (67 percent) said they were opposed.

Almost three-quarters of all voters (71 percent) either strongly or somewhat opposed the actions of demonstrators, with only a minority (21 percent) saying they supported the storming of the Capitol.

Asked whether they believed the breach of the building was a threat to democracy, 62 percent of all registered voters told YouGov it was. Thirty-two percent said it was not.

However, when the results were broken down along partisan lines, pollsters found that more than two-thirds of Republicans (68 percent) felt the protesters were not a threat to democracy, compared to 27 percent who felt they were.

Democrats were less divided on the issue. Ninety-three percent said the storming of the Capitol represented a threat to democracy, while only 4 percent felt it was not.

When it came to assigning blame, 55 percent of voters said President Donald Trump was responsible for the breach of Congress. Just 22 percent said he was "not at all to blame."

Half of all voters think it would be appropriate to remove Trump from office over the incident and his perceived stoking of the unrest.

In the wake of the protests, The New York Times reported that some Republicans had discussed removing the president under the 25th Amendment, despite the fact that he is set to leave the White House in a little less than two weeks.

YouGov surveyed 1,448 registered voters, including 1,397 who had heard about the unfolding events on Capitol Hill, within the space of half an hour on January 6. The poll's margin of error is 3.3 percentage points.

https://www.newsweek.com/45-percent-republican-voters-support-storming-capitol-1559662

The yougov poll needs to ask, what percentage of x voters belive in the following of the paper document called the Constitution of the United States.
What percentage of x voters believe paper document US constitution is being followed by the government in current events.

What percentage of x voters took an oath to defend the paper document of the United States constition.
against all enemies, foreign and domestic ,

What percentage of x voters think the current government is folloing, i.e. acknowledging the paper document of the United States constitution.

What percentage of x voters believe an ignoring of the paper document known as the United States Constitubion by the current government represents a threat to democracy.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I think they were just trying to find out what percentage pf Republicans supported crimes against The Unites States government and who does not even though some people wish to make it more compicated than that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: bonefish

Disturbing and repulsive.

I don't care about partisan politics. The rule of Law must prevail.

Supporting what took place is no different than ceding from from the Union. It is treason.

Anyone who supports what took place does not deserve to live in this country.

I think many would say that when you use the words "supporting what took place"
that the same applies to what took place with the perceived stealing by changing and commiting fraud in the election
AS WELL AS, the ignoring of the constitution in spelled out ways of resolving of the issue,
and such
they probably feel just as strongly that anyone on the other side (how do you put it)

"is no different from ceding from the union, and does not deserve to live in this country"

Therefore you need to look at your own side,
I think these individuals would not be acting like this without believing they in the right,
and history shows, they didn't act like this any other time,
only after the election results were changed in front of everyone and results were abridged and counted in secret with deception, under the cover of night.

there is an old saying that goes something like
If a man does something sneaky at night, they are untrustworthy,
but the trustworthy act in the light of day, ... or something like that.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

that the same applies to what took place with the perceived stealing by changing and commiting fraud in the election

There was no stolen election. There was no mass voter fraud.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Believing a lie doesn't make it true. It's also no excuse for such unlawful and violent actions.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A

As for how questions of a survey having a huge impact on the outcome, you are certainly right. You'll get no argument from me on that. Was that enough of an attack on you? wink
While I agree, it was not me that said that. It was peen. Thanks for following along so well.
Quote:

Let's do a little math, shall we?

Trump was elected in November of 2016. He took office in January of 2017. There wasn't even an impeachment inquiry held until September 24th 2019.

For someone who had him impeached from the moment he took office, it took them over two and a half years to attempt it. For some reason that math doesn't add up.

Please note, again, who my "you had him impeached before he was inaugurated" comment was in response to. That may clarify things for you?

Ah, heck, I know better than that. My comment was to ocd, because he in fact DID chant that mantra, as did a few others on here, at the time I mentioned - pre presidency.

Also, talk from the dem. reps and sen's was of that also.

Thanks for playing.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Prove it! Where's your evidence?

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I'll always play arch. I just wish you brought a higher quality of toys to the playground. That old General Dollar crap ain't cuttin' it. wink

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

You do realize that the people accusing others of wrong doing are the people required to provide proof, right?

Yet Trump's hand picked head of the DOJ disputes it. Trump appointed judges have disputed it. Republican election officials in the states in question dispute it. Even Trumps hand picked SCOTUS appointees have disputed it. Everywhere Trump has promoted these Qanon conspiracy theories they have been shown false.

You're the people trying to float the conspiracy theory that "the election was stolen" yet any credible court or official shows it's false. Maybe you should have joined your comrades in Washinton D.C on the 6th.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

To be very frank. You don't don't know what you are talking about.

Votes were recounted. There was every opportunity to prove that the election was corrupted in a court of law.

That is the way the Law works. Prove your case in court.

What was proven was that there was no fraud.

You and the others that buy that were mislead.

You want to believe it. Go right ahead.

As it stands today trumps approval rating is 34%.

So join up with those who like to be lied to.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
Almost half of Republicans support the pro-Trump protesters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, putting them at odds with Democrats who largely oppose the actions of the demonstrators, a poll has found.

The actual question that was asked:

How much do you support or agree with those who stormed the Capitol?

-Completely
-Somewhat
-Only a little
-Not at all

So hypothetically, what if I agree with them that I think the election results are shady and that there appears to have been some irregularities... but I don't support their actions of storming the Capitol.

How do I answer that question?

You’ll need a shrink to inform you about real vs fake if you still believe there appears to have been wide spread voter fraud. Enjoy your nothing burger.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

Where’s your evidence there was wide spread voter fraud? Trump supporters bare the burden of proof not US.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O

You accuse without evidence, and then when people respond you demand evidence.

The abysmal record of Trump's team of lawyers in challenging this election is all the proof needed.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: bonefish

What was proven was that there was no fraud.

No, it wasn't. What was proven is there is no way to prove voter fraud with the way things are today.

Do you know for a fact that thousands of ballots weren't somehow dropped off for counting?

No, you don't. You can't prove that they weren't any more than it can't be proven that they were. How can that be proven? I don't doubt the count is accurate. I have concerns that many of the ballots counted aren't legit.

My point is our voting system is seriously flawed, more than votes were or weren't padded towards President-elect Biden.

We need to fix that because until we do, this issue is going to come up again.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

Are you another Russian Bot Troll like 40?

This doesn't deserve an answer - but there are several already, correctly highlighting that the burden of proof is with you and your lies. Proof? 61 legal court verdicts. If that's not enough for you - take it from one of your own: William Barr.

M
Legend
Legend
M
I feel so very sad for you. Living in a country where you think that there might have been mass voter fraud. But overall same answer to you as Fish ... it HAS been proven in 61 courts that there was no mass voter fraud. And Barr has said the same thing.

"today" has nothing to do with it.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I feel so very sad for you. Living in a country where you think that there might have been mass voter fraud. But overall same answer to you as Fish ... it HAS been proven in 61 courts that there was no mass voter fraud. And Barr has said the same thing.

"today" has nothing to do with it.

Welp...add another to the list.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

The burden of proof was for trump's legal team not me.

They were given every opportunity. They proved that nothing would have changed the outcome.

Did you feel there was fraud when trump won?

There has never been a presidential election in this country that was fraudulent to the point that the election would have changed. Gore accepted a defeat that was way worse than this. There were real tangible questions.

Maybe you question the popular vote as well because he lost that twice.

The end result was not even close.

Were you in court to hear the cases? The judges were. They made a determination based upon the facts.

Facts you know those tricky things that spell truth.

You are going to the wrong place for answers. Read the court reports.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Sorry Bone. My primary point went over your head.

I wasn't asking you to prove anything.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I read your post as you believe the voter fraud and manipulation and illegal votes we done in such a way that "today" the US government is not smart or sophisticated enough to catch and prove what happened. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

It's a frightening world you live in.

Last edited by mgh888; 01/14/21 08:21 PM.

Legend
Legend

No problem forget it.

No big deal I am done with politics.

trump is out. That is all I ever cared about.

Official for me I am retiring from political discourse.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The new Trump-appointed US Attorney in Georgia says he was surprised to find there wasn't any election fraud

Jacob Shamsian
Wed, January 13, 2021, 11:15 AM

Bobby Christine, the new US Attorney overseeing federal prosecutions in Atlanta, said in a call with staffers that he was pleasantly surprised to find there were no legitimate election fraud cases, according to a recording obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

President Donald Trump appointed Christine after reportedly pressured his predecessor to resign over the lack of election fraud cases.

Christine said he already dismissed the two highest-profile cases his department was looking at, which he said had no merit.

Trump has sought to overturn the results of the election he lost, focusing his efforts on Georgia.

The newly appointed acting federal prosecutor in Atlanta said in a conference call with staffers Monday that he was surprised to find out the office didn't have any legitimate election fraud cases.

"Quite frankly, just watching television you would assume that you got election cases stacked from the floor to the ceiling," said US Attorney Bobby Christine in a recording of the call obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "I am so happy to find out that's not the case, but I didn't know coming in."

President Donald Trump installed Christine to the role of Acting US Attorney in Georgia's northern district on January 5 after his predecessor, Byung Pak, abruptly resigned. US Attorneys typically remain in their roles until the end of a presidential administration and often continue into new ones.

The Wall Street Journal reported Sunday that Trump pressured Pak, also a Trump appointee, to resign. According to the Journal, Trump was frustrated that Pak had not launched investigations into election fraud in Georgia, which election officials and independent experts agree does not exist.

Normally when a US Attorney resigns, the role would go to their deputy, but Trump bypassed that process and selected Christine, who is also the US Attorney for Georgia's Southern District. Georgia's Northern District includes the city of Atlanta, which has a large Black population and where Trump has focused his efforts seeking to throw out votes.

But in the call recording obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Christine told staffers that he dismissed two of the highest-profile investigations into election fraud on his first day, finding they had no merit.

"I closed the two most - I don't know, I guess you'd call them high profile or the two most pressing election issues this office has," Christine said. "I said I believe, as many of the people around the table believed, there's just nothing to them."

Christine donated $2,800 to Trump's 2020 reelection campaign, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the maximum allowed by law.Ă‚

In the recording, staffers at the Northern District office asked Christine whether he was appointed for political reasons, and why Pak's deputy was not chosen for the role. Christine declined to discuss why he was appointed.

Trump has focused his efforts to overturn the election in Georgia

Since he lost the presidential election on November 3, Trump has falsely claimed he actually won and has pushed numerous conspiracy theories about election fraud. He and his allies filed more than 40 lawsuits challenging the results, none of which succeeded.

Trump's efforts seeking to overturn his loss have focused on Georgia, where he lost by fewer than 12,000 votes and became the first Republican to lose the state in a presidential election in 28 years. The results were upheld in several audits of the state's results. Democrats later won both of the state's runoff Senate races.

In a call with Georgia's Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger earlier in January, Trump appeared to push him to participate in election fraud himself and "find" votes that would allow him to win the state. The call sparked new calls for impeachment.

Trump is expected to be impeached once again Wednesday after inciting a mob to storm the US Capitol building to stop Congress from certifying Biden's win. At a rally ahead of the insurrection, Trump once again falsely claimed he won and that the presidential election was marred by widespread voter fraud.

Christine told staffers at Georgia's Northern District that he brought in two election fraud staffers from his Southern District office to look into fraud claims, but ultimately dismissed the major cases the district was looking at.

"In my opinion, there is no there, there," he said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-appointed-us-attorney-georgia-161550950.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

The answer is obvious...

The proof is that zero people have been arrested or charged with committing mass election fraud.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Believing a lie doesn't make it true.

But I really am tall, dark, and handsome.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'd also just like to add that the burden of proof is on the accuser.

It hasn't gone well for the accuser.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
I'd also just like to add that the burden of proof is on the accuser.

It hasn't gone well for the accuser.

Yeah - but when they have nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing other than a bruised ego of a megalomaniac who can't take losing, then you lie, double down on your, lie and scream and shout and jump up and down and threaten. And then lie some more.

Trump playbook - start, middle and end. Right there.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

No, what you were doing is nothing more than waving a false flag. Anyone can make false allegations. I could say terrible and awful things about you, then ask you to prove them false. You have worked in the field of law, and no that's not how any of this works. As has been a pattern lately, you know better.

But let me give you one example here. Giuliani was peddling an edited video that tried to claim that "boxes of votes were hidden under a table". That they were brought out and counted when no observers were present. There's only one real problem with that. They have the entire video that was taken live at the time all of this happened. Republican observers were present. They were legal ballots. But that video was chopped and edited to try and paint a different picture.

Another example. Claiming thousands of dead people voted in Georgia. What they did was take the names on the voting roles and found anyone, anywhere with that same name in the entire country, then say that was the same person whose votes they were counting. YetRepublican officials themselves who reviewed the election in Georgia researched this themselves. They found TWO ballots that came from this election from dead people. Not 2000, not 200, not 20, but two.

The fraud being perpetrated here was by Giuliani and Trump's legal team. But I suppose you're willing to dismiss everything you know about the law and how credibility factors in.

The way things work is that you must show guilt. Unless you think there is some huge conspiracy theory among Republican election officials in multiple states, you know better.

For God's sake Peen, just stop it.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Of course maybe someone could just "find him" some votes.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
FWIW

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/sin...-a-record-rate/

Short version (I skimmed it)
-Perhaps the hit to approval ratings needed some time, but it has started.
-The drop in approval ratings is near record-setting
-The drop is most likely occurring within his base (historically tough to change their polled opinion)

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
While we see some on the opposite extreme try and label every Trump supporter as evil for supporting him, I do not. At least to a certain point.

On this very board some us warned them all along how Trump's rhetoric was dangerous. How it would lead to violence and upheaval. That demonizing everyone who disagreed with you would turn American against American to the point things could easily explode. Well here we are.

But we are now at that crossroad. You will have those who will ignore what has happened and continue to support Trump. They will ignore his words of contempt, anger and hostility that further divides America than any time since the Civil war. they will continue to support the vile man who is ripping our nation apart.

Then we will have those common sense Republicans who will try and fight to take their party back. This will separate the wheat from the chaff. Because only through total denial can they ignore what Trump has insidiously wrought upon our nation. It's time now they choose to patriot up or treason down.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
A very large segment of our population is more or less brainwashed and want the government to be their keeper.

And another portion of our population is brainwashed into thinking our government should be overthrown by listening to conspiracy theories that have been proven over and over again to be false.

And most of the population believes that everybody who doesn't agree with them is brainwashed.

Hence, why it is impossible to have a reasonable conversation any more.

yebat' Putin
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I don't believe that's true at all.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think half the people believe that the other half want the government as their keeper.

The slogan “government as keeper” or “free everything” is bread and butter for the GOP.

It’s the same as Reagan’s welfare queen.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I saw that the woman from NY said she wants money to deprogram Trump voters.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I think it's covered under Obamacare.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O

Well they have to build all those detainment camps and they are not free... thumbsup

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Well they have to build all those detainment camps and they are not free... thumbsup

No, they wouldn't be...

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
There's plenty of crazy to go around on both sides. Only one side isn't crazy enough to storm the Capital Building in an attempt to overturn our election process. But give it time.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I think both sides have "crazy" - I think both sides have extremes and idiots .... all in equal measure. I think - personally - that the Trump carazies have been enabled and encouraged on this one particular lie about a stolen election and how storming the Capitol Building was patriotic and a way to save Democracy.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus 45 Percent of Republican Voters Support Storming of Capitol Building: Poll

Link Copied to Clipboard