Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Legend
Legend
E
We were in it until the end.

I want a new defensive scheme. We cant let a backup qb beat us.

No Craps Given
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Nothing to be ashamed of. Your future is very bright.

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen
Originally Posted By: jfanent
We made it to the divisional round of the playoffs and were in it until the end. Not bad for a first year coach. The Browns are back. We have our coach and our qb.
We were in it until the end because Holmes got hurt. Barry must fix the issues on D this off season.

Doesn't change the fact we were in until the end, injuries are part of the Game ...
Yea it kind of does. The Browns are probably going to have to beat KC and Holmes in order to get to the SB next season. Barry must improve the defense!

Legend
Legend
Proud of this team this year.

Sucks we have some glass cannons, but overall it was a solid game, and valuable experience going into next season.

Hope baker uses this L to fuel him going into training camp.

Other than the horrible pick, he had a solid game. Chubb dropping passes was really terrible, but Higgins fumbling at the end zone really did us in.

I understand that by the letter of the law, that would’ve been a foul, but we can’t expect the refs to bail us out on that play, especially at real speed. At the end of the day, Higgins is fumbling that ball no matter how he got hit because he never had it secure to begin with. That’s on Higgins.

Defense was disappointing. The scheme and all. I understand it’s the chiefs, but damn watching that game we had so many chances to get off the field and just whiffed.

Atleast we played better than the ravens though, so oh well.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Its Berry and Mahomes, you doof.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN
I am obviously disappointed and worry that these opportunities don't always reappear.

I am a little disappointed in the severe criticism toward KS. Yes he made mistakes but he should learn from this year. For crying out loud he is a rookie couch whose team won 12 games. My biggest surprise from play calling was abandoning the run.

I see posts calling to cut most of the defense, get rid of the defensive coaches, get rid of Myles Garrett and these are so overly simplistic and not at all realistic. Especially considering we were without anywhere from 2-4 projected starting DBs most of the year.

Blaming Barry for "neglecting the D" I guess I would just ask who you wanted him to draft or sign. This isn't fantasy football and just because there is a FA available doesn't mean you just get to choose him. .I also would consider his draft a positive.

Can we give him a year two before blowing things up again? Isn't this what everyone complains about, constant change?

Don't get too disappointed. It's just the same few bawl babies doing this every game.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

This was the lowest points the Chiefs have scored in some time . If the head to head call was called.. This would'nt be a discussion.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Its Berry and Mahomes, you doof.
sorry for the typos. No need for name calling. I'm typing too fast.

All Pro
All Pro
One last thought. Tony Romo is an ASS of the highest order.

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Jcamm
Barry neglected the defense and it came back to bite him
Barry must address the defense this off season.

Its Berry.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Defense held Mahomes and company to 19 points through almost 3 quarters.

Agreed Higgins need to make sure the ball is secure, but damn if that is not the stupidest rule in football. Fumble by offense through end zone results in touchback. Just an awful, awful rule which makes no sense whatsoever, and never has.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Dave

Its Berry.

rofl

Einstein could not even fathom the mathematical improbabilities of the Browns woes.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We were in it to the end. That no call on the helmet to helmet was big and probably cost us 7 points but Mahomes injury hurt them too. All in all we played better than I thought and hung in there with the best team in the AFC and maybe all of football. Let's identify our needs and address them aggressively this off season. GO BROWNS!!!!!!

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

Its Berry.
Yea I know it's Berry. I was typing too fast and hit the A key instead of the E key.

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Made too many mistakes to beat a great team like the Chiefs. If Higgins just goes down at the 1, we probably win this game. We run more time off the clock, score a TD, and the Chiefs don't have enough time to get a FG maybe. 10 point swing. At least 7. That's the game.

Need to address the Defense this offseason, which I have no doubt that we will.

We are building something special here.

All Pro
All Pro
Now that was a good season. Stefanski can do no wrong for a while...

The leading with the helmet call was horrible. But it's the NFL and all that so I can come to expect things like that.

It's terribly hard to win on the road in the NFL. Even harder when you're playing the KC Chiefs. The Browns were taking the long road through the playoffs and still came off looking pretty decent. Losing sucks. But that's the nature of sports.

So, who we gonna draft? Usually I am thinking about that in September.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Got the post season experience. Need to fix some holes on Defense this off-season. Future looks bright.

I hope Mahomes is OK.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Concerning the rule about an off player fumbling out of bounds resulting in the def get the ball at the 20

I was at a game where this went against the steelrs and for the Browns some many years ago in Cleveland Browns stadium

south west corner of the ez, I think.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
and one of the first calls in Saint game is lowering helmet to initiate contact penalty.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Hammer
and one of the first calls in Saint game is lowering helmet to initiate contact penalty.
unreal

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm not quite ready to be philosophical about this game. I'll get there, but first I have to stop thinking about multiple dropped passes by Hooper, Landry, and Chubb. And that fumble by Higgins ... come on man, secure the catch and carry it across the goal line if you can, or have 1st and goal from the 1. Good grief! Then we let Chad Freaking Henne run 13.99 yards on 3rd and 14. You gotta be bleeping me. Then we give Tyreek Hill a cushion on 4th and inches.

Ah well ... good season, good game, but man ... not good enough.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: jeepnstein
Now that was a good season. Stefanski can do no wrong for a while...

The leading with the helmet call was horrible. But it's the NFL and all that so I can come to expect things like that.

It's terribly hard to win on the road in the NFL. Even harder when you're playing the KC Chiefs. The Browns were taking the long road through the playoffs and still came off looking pretty decent. Losing sucks. But that's the nature of sports.

So, who we gonna draft? Usually I am thinking about that in September.
BERRY needs to fix the defense. Hopefully BERRY will find a defensive stud in the draft and FA.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ok, a few thoughts going into the off-season.

No discussion about the QB is necessary. Baker is the QB and theatre is no need for any discussion. There appears to be developing OL depth.

The offense looks good, and has been the strength of the team. Maybe a deep threat reliever would help.

The defense should be the area of focus for the team, help is needed at all levels. It was a problem all season.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

L
Legend
Legend
L

Its Berry.
Yea I know it's Berry. I was typing too fast and hit the A key instead of the E key.

Don’t worry about it, man.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Well before the game I said I was happy to get this far. And before that I was just happy to be in the playoffs. Especially coming off of a couple years of Hue and then Freddie.

But the way they lost stings really bad. Regardless of the Higgins fumble, the Browns had a real opportunity with Mahomes leaving the game and they just played bad football at the end in that 4th quarter. That run Henne had is just painful to think about.

The offense and the defense both fizzled out there at the end. That timeout after the 4th down conversion was really poor. I don’t have a problem with the challenge flag because it looked a little sketchy and they missed a chance to throw the challenge flag in the first half. I don’t disagree with the choice to only kick a PAT when they were down 19-9 because there was
Still 25 minutes of football left. And the final punt of the game seemed reasonable because they were up against Henne. But then they let Henne move the ball.

This team really needs some help in the secondary and with linebackers. Hope they can get it in the off season. Will be good to get OBJ back too.

J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
defense needs an overhaul Garrett only keeper due to money, we played the NFC East and AFC south

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Improve the defense and we should win the division and be one of the favorites to win the SB.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: lampdogg

Its Berry.

Don’t worry about it, man.
Thanks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
defense needs an overhaul Garrett only keeper due to money, we played the NFC East and AFC south

If you are suggesting getting rid of Ward and Richardson you have no credibility

Joe Thomas #73
T
Legend
Legend
T
Post Season Readable,

Four- playable tight ends, Hooper, Njoku, Bryant, and Carlson,

last time, 1994, also a playoff year.

This year:
7 or 8 starting caliber O-line with 3 extra tackles.
Hubbard, and Wills, and Conklin, and Lamm, Starting level tackles
and Trettor, and Bitonio, and Teller, the starting OG's with Teller having ability at tackle,

and Nick Harris and others stepping up for fill in time, but those above, could be 16 game starters and adequate.

It's not an every year thing, this year it was a thing, and a thing they won a playoff game.

TWO #1 Rbs' +, I mean, More than #1 quality Rb's and don't forget the Fullback and his contributions on the year.

And like it or not,
This team wouldn't be here without the Quarterback play.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V

That is just senseless. We need a couple pieces on defense, not an overhaul. You can;t build everything in one draft and one abomination of an off season like we had. We went defense with our second and both thirds last draft. We signed Smith, Billings, Johnson and Joseph amongst others. No one forgot about the defense. Just trying to expect Berry to solve all of the problems in one off season is a ridiculous notion.

J
Legend
Legend
J
What a great season. Lots of questions answered, and we know where the weaknesses remain. The defense totally lacks talent, so the people demanding coaching changes seem a bit out there.

Stefanski did a great job this year. I loved him. He has a lot to learn.

Baker did a great job this year. I loved him. He has a lot to learn.

The window is wide open for this team. I have great optimism going forward.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
question. will there be 7 playoff teams from now on?

Legend
Legend
Yes

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
For those that think the no-call spearing decided it... we let Chad Henne rune for 14 on 3rd down. I might be more athletic than Henne.

Proud of this team, and the D is closer than it looks to being scary. We need a couple things to break our way starting next season in our secondary, and Garrett to get his lungs back over the off-season.

I believe I said I'd be happy to break .500 when the season started. 😁

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted By: vadawgfan07

We need a couple pieces on defense, not an overhaul. You can;t build everything in one draft and one abomination of an off season like we had. We went defense with our second and both thirds last draft. We signed Smith, Billings, Johnson and Joseph amongst others. No one forgot about the defense. Just trying to expect Berry to solve all of the problems in one off season is a ridiculous notion.
yea an overhaul isn't necessary. Berry needs to add some playmakers on D. The Browns are close.

E
Legend
Legend
E
The main issue I have with the D is that they are not aggressive. They rarely blitz. They dont pin their ears back and bring the heat.

I want a D that is something to be feared.

I do not like the current scheme/coaching.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Plus, we give SO much cushion ... we are literally bailing off the LOS and giving up everything under 10 yards

E
Legend
Legend
E
Also, how many games this season did we run up the score in the first half, and then let the opponent come back in the second half.

Stop doing that.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
We were in it until the end.

Browns fought, great season. Not mad, they'll be back. The culture has changed

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Gameday vs Kansas City Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard