Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Y'all rooting for (or against) anybody in particular? I'm rooting for the Bills.. and against Tom Brady.

Just want some new teams, new blood.. and I guess I look at Buffalo as a small market who hasn't had much to cheer about for a long time like Cleveland..

Bills vs Packers Super Bowl is what I'm hoping for with the Bills winning.

yebat' Putin
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

Me too.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I’d like the Packers to win it all .. Packers over Bills would be ideal to me

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I've been in the Bills corner ever since Ralph Wilson voted against the move. They are a tough and gritty team that's fun to watch. They're fanbase isn't much different than ours.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
With us beating Pitt and Balt out, I really don't have it out for anyone (not even Brady). I'd definitely prefer Bills, but I also think they have the most well-rounded team.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Rooting for the Bills in the AFC. Josh Allen was my QB in the 2018 draft, the team has been very tough, the fan base is one you'd like to see rewarded.

NFC is Packers, but mostly for monetary reasons. Placed futures bets on GB (+2200) and Seattle (+1300) at the beginning of the season to win Superbowl. Odds were so lopsided in the AFC with Baltimore and KC, that every NFC was at least 10-1. My intent was to hedge by betting money line on AFC team in Superbowl. Should be a nice payday.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I can't wait to put on local talk radio; Pats territory. They must be busting at the seams that Brady is in another Title game and it's not the Pats!!!! rofl

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I’d like the Packers to win it all .. Packers over Bills would be ideal to me

I think it's a travesty that Rodgers only has one ring. I'd like to see him get another. Second choice is Bills.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I want to see Brady win it all.. just so people can finally see that it was him that made that offense good in NE, not any of the OCs. To win another SB at 43 would be amazing. The fact all the great QB's are going by the wayside, first Peyton, now brees, might be one of our last shots at seeing Brady

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Bills / Packers....

<><

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
If it's a Chiefs/Packers Super Bowl do we call it the State Farm Bowl this year?

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
All Pro
All Pro
I've wanted Brees and Rodgers to get a 2nd ring for a while now.

So I guess it's down to Rodgers. Too bad it wasn't Brees since there is almost no reason for him to come back.

Packers over the Chiefs. I still haven't forgiven the Bills for their 4 straight loses in the Super Bowl. The Giants lose was the 1st bet I ever lost in my life. I want my $5 back. smile

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Local sports radio gave Baker a lot of props for his play yesterday. They said if they were starting a team and they had to choose between Baker and Lamar to be your franchise QB they would take Baker hands down. That's quite a complement coming from a neutral sports market especially Boston.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The only team left that I would actually consider an underdog story is Buffalo. As was mentioned, Ralph Wilson stood up against moving the Browns and I'm a person who stands up for the people who stand up for me.

So on both counts I am solidly behind the bills at this point.

I don't really care who they play but I will say I've seen about enough of Tom Brady. I'm just sick of watching him scram at his own team mates any time they make the tiniest of mistakes yet when he throws a bad pass, he gets a pass. I'm just tired of him. He acts like Philip Rivers.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm all in on the Bills. I know the old adage of rooting for the team that beat you, but the Bills fans are as close to Browns fans that you will find. It's hard not to root for the turnaround they have had, just like us.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
M
Legend
Legend
M

This. Go Bills.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'd like Packers vs Bills, but I don't really care which team wins.

Legend
Legend
For whatever reason I don’t want the Bucs in it .. don’t even know why

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Y'all rooting for (or against) anybody in particular? I'm rooting for the Bills.. and against Tom Brady.

Just want some new teams, new blood.. and I guess I look at Buffalo as a small market who hasn't had much to cheer about for a long time like Cleveland..

Bills all the way - the city of Buffalo supported us when Art was up to his shenanigans, I support them 100% unless they're playing us.

KC would be my backup, as they spent a lot of years not being great. Though, the press they (and Mahommes) get is annoying....but not as annoying as Brady or Rodgers. I really don't care who wins the NFC, as long as they lose in the Super Bowl. I do think Green Bay is the better team, but I thought New Orleans was the better team too...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bills VS Bucs...Bills Win.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I really like the Bills Mafia. They do some really great philanthropy with their own money.

For that alone, I can't think of a better fanbase to support than the Bills.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Buffalo, the city and there fans, are much like Cleveland. Blue collar cities, similar weather and a "fanatic" fan base. It would have been great to play them in the AFC championship.

Legend
Legend
Just say no to the Packers. They come off as that down to earth midwestern team, but their fans are the same as obnoxious, cocky Steelers fans. Ugh.

I'll take a Bills, Chiefs and Bucs win before the Packers win.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
B
Legend
Legend
B
I like both the Bills and Bucs.

I like the Bills because they are similar to Cleveland. I like the Bucs because I have a long history tied to Florida. My father had Bucs season tickets when they first entered the league. Next to the Browns, I have been to more Bucs games then any other team.

If they play each other, I'll root for whoever has the ball and be happy no matter who wins.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:
I still haven't forgiven the Bills for their 4 straight loses in the Super Bowl. The Giants lose was the 1st bet I ever lost in my life. I want my $5 back.

Funny you should mention that game. I was a poor 24 year old just out of college when that happened. The Elks club where my whole family was members had one of those 10x10 pick a square boards for the super bowl, it was $100/square. I was at the Elks, watching the game with my grandfather and if Scott Norwood makes that last field goal, my grandfather would have won the $2000 prize for the final score and he had already agreed to split it with me... so I was out $1000 that I desperately could have used.

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Buffalo Bills and Josh Allen.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
Buffalo Bills

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I hope the Chiefs blow the doors off everyone and we are the one team that gave them a game.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

Me too.

Ditto

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
if Tom makes it to the SB, he is the Goat and there is no question about it in my mind. Moreso, if he wins the whole thing.

not many have done what he has done
not many have left an NFL team and switched to a different NFL team and made it to the SB their first year. I think Montanna did it in his second year at KC?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bills all the way.

Legend
Legend
For the first time in a long time I won't be upset if any of the four teams wins.

1st choice Bills
2nd Green Bay.... My Brother has always had two favorite teams. The Packers are one of them.
3rd Chiefs...... Ah my Brothers other favorite team.
4th Tampa... just because almost every single Steeler fan I know hates Tom Brady, and it will be like rubbing salt in their wounds laugh

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I really don't care who wins although it would be nice to see the Bills because they have been there but never won it. But I will say, living in Pats land if Tom Brady wins it all again it will really go up Pats fans you know what not to mention Bill B. Wouldn't that be funny!!!! rofl

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 01/21/21 12:34 PM.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
j/c

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 01/21/21 07:11 PM.

~Lyuokdea
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Bills 100%. They are always my 2nd team after the Browns. Loved watching the Kelly teams, Bruce Smith is one of my favorite players ever, they voted against the move, they brought us lovable characters like Flutie and Peterman, they have a great fan base that's near Cleveland, the Music City Miracle, the biggest comeback game, Norwood wide Right (yowch, kinship with Browns here), so many classic memories.

Plus they were my adopted team when the Browns didn't exist.

Go Bills!

2nd choice Chiefs. Still annoyed they got ripped off 2 years ago vs the Pats, otherwise you're only talking about 1 more SB win for Mahomes to already be in the GOAT conversation with 3 consecutive SB wins. I also wanted to draft him and hire Reid when he left Philly so it's like watching the team I should get to root for in CLE play.

Go Chiefs!

Only NFC team I ever root for to win it all is Detroit

A
Rookie
Rookie
A
Chiefs. If my team loses, I want them to get beat by the best.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: atgolds
Chiefs. If my team loses, I want them to get beat by the best.
this may well be the case

E
Legend
Legend
E
Not rooting for or against any team. Just enjoying the games and saying to myself, we could beat that team...lol laugh

I always liked and admired Tom Brady so if I had a preference it would be the Bucs to win I also like their HC I remember him saying he would come back to coaching but only for the Browns...when we snubbed him he went to the Tampa Bay Bucs.

This will be the first time the SB designation will have the Home team playing in it. Brady is 43 and playing as well as ever...it will be GOAT of present/past vs GOAT of present/future Brady vs Mahomes. Should be a good game!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend

Was pulling for the Bills.

Watching the game the pain of losing came back.

They called a "leading with helmet" on a receiver and the one on Higgins was worse.

One play away and we would have played the Bills.

If the Bucs got in we were good enough.
==========================================

Damn.

IMO the Browns are in great shape going into next season.

With some luck against injury, a couple key adds on defense through free agency and the draft.

We should be right in the thick of it all.

2021 could very well be the year we do it.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agree 100% Bone. I couldn't help but think after yesterdays game that we gave the Chiefs more trouble than the Bills but that's probably because Mahomes missed a little more than a quarter. As you said, if we got that call on Higgins we probably would have won. 7 more points for us and 3 less for them. Oh well.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 01/25/21 11:43 AM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season NFL 2020 Post Season Now that the Browns are out...

Link Copied to Clipboard