Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1840091 01/11/21 04:36 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The division series in the AFC features all young QBs, while the NFC features mostly older QBs.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
yeah the only anamoly is Goff lol

Legend
Legend
Interesting.. so fun facts.

Average age of AFC QBs remaining, just shy of 25 years old
Average age of NFC QBs remaining, about 37 and 3 months

Baker Mayfield is the oldest QB left on the AFC side at 25 and 9 months.

Brady/Brees matchup this week will be the first time 2 QBs over 40 ever met in the playoffs.

yebat' Putin
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Huh, that is a fun aspect, thanks for sharing.

I wonder where Brady gets his HGH from it seems stronger than Brees' supply.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: myka

Her name is Gisele. wink

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: myka

Her name is Gisele. wink

LOL nicely done.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
LOL nicely done.

Agreed. 100%.

So, tell us, myka: how you doin' with your game-watching these days?

wink

"too many notes, not enough music-"
T
Legend
Legend
T
That AFC number is effected a bunch I bet by the Colts and Steelers' losses.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Both Ben and Phillip are at the end of the line.

You could tell that Ben is at the end of his career.. The short passes cover up for more than bad running game and help cover his limited mobility. He avoided contact on numerous plays last night. He needs to think through his future, and what is best for the team.

Great players, but they are no longer near the top of their game.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ChargerDawg
Both Ben and Phillip are at the end of the line.

The difference being that the Colts want Rivers back for another season. He was very close to playing this coming week.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I hear a lot of people say “Ben can still play because he does it sometimes still ..”

That’s like the definition of Father Time catching you ... slowly your arm (or legs, or shot, or whatever) just fade.

I mean, sure, I can still play some pickup and make a few shots ... but I sure as hell can’t do it consistently

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Unlike some, I found it sad to see Ben slumped on the bench after the game.

Football has been the guys life since he was a kid. Lot's of memories to reflect upon as the reality that the time to hang them up may have arrived.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
The Chiefs were bad for many years until Maholmes but you wouldn't know it reading their message board, we are nothing more than road kill to them, they are saying the same things Pittsburgh said, and even Hill their WR said we are no competition, Go Browns it again!!!

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
haha thats good

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Football has been the guys life since he was a kid. Lot's of memories to reflect upon as the reality that the time to hang them up may have arrived.

I really don't. But it's not really about Ben. Everyone who plays any contact sport or has a physically demanding job comes to a point in their life where they have to admit a reality. That reality is that they can't and won't be able to do that job in the manner they did before. That it's time to hang up the cleats.

But see, that happens to every player. It's the process of life. It's a part of the cycle of life we all face. I don't see Ben as being any different than the rest of us. He is not any different than you or I in regards to our physical abilities lessening with age.

Just like the rest of us, he needs to suck it up and move on.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't either, but for me it's all about Ben (and the team he plays for).

Just being honest.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T

I get humanity, but how about competition.

That Mother Lover had 17 years of success at the Browns expense! So I can't believe I'm reading this from quite possibly the most storied dawgtalker on the entire board.

I think of some Browns' players whose careers have ended.
Personally I didn't pay attention to anything Ben did after the game, was not thinking about that one at all.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

I would agree with you if he wasn't who he was off the field.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

I would agree with you if he wasn't who he was off the field.

I'll add that, solely within the confines of the field, Ben has actually been one of the more class Steelers over the year.

... hold on... just indulge me for a minute....

He's never the guy that's talking trash on the Browns, even though he probably has the best claim to do so (winningest QB at Browns stadium for a while, etc). When asked, he usually does his best Brady/Belichek impression re: the Browns.

So through that lens, I took MUCH more pleasure at seeing the WRs moaping on the bench vs Ben. Ben's stare was that of a QB confronted with the reality that he was as responsible as anyone for a playoff upset at a time when his contribution to the team is being questioned.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Baker's the oldest qb left in the AFC.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:
LOL nicely done.

Agreed. 100%.

So, tell us, myka: how you doin' with your game-watching these days?

wink

Thoroughly enjoyed the real Steelers game, that's for sure. Wish I skipped the fake one but I'm weak.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I don't share your sympathy! Seeing Ben crying on the bench was as enjoyable to me as watching the game that sent him there!

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Ben's stare was that of a QB confronted with the reality that he was as responsible as anyone for a playoff upset at a time when his contribution to the team is being questioned.

Ben's stare looked like a man wondering whether or not he had just played his last professional football game.. and it was probably one of his absolute worst. And possibly also wondering if he comes back next year, is this is what it's going to be like

yebat' Putin
P
Legend
Legend
P

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
Ben's stare was that of a QB confronted with the reality that he was as responsible as anyone for a playoff upset at a time when his contribution to the team is being questioned.

Ben's stare looked like a man wondering whether or not he had just played his last professional football game.. and it was probably one of his absolute worst. And possibly also wondering if he comes back next year, is this is what it's going to be like

I'd say you are correct.
In the Mic'd Up stuff from that game, when Pouncey comes over to sit with Ben, Ben apologizes to Pouncey and says the only reason he did this was for him and he feels bad they didn't go further.

With Pouncey now retiring, I'd expect Ben to take a few weeks or months to make peace with the idea and then retire as well.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Just clicking.. I really wasn't thinking about it until people brought it up.

I gave up revenge a long time ago. I don't think that is one of the things that will get you to heaven.

It's not Ben's fault we sucked for his entire career. Well, at least until the other night.

Just for context, I was a bit saddened when my kids got out of diapers. A new era means the passing of another. I have always found some sadness in that.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Everyone reaches that point where you are not what you once were.

The difference is professional athletes often face it with camera's rolling.

I remember crying when Larry Holmes was beating Muhammad Ali up in the ring and he couldn't fight back.

At one time he was perfection in the ring. It hurt me to see him fall. But I was a huge fan of his from the very beginning.

I respect Ben as a football player. But I did not feel for him crying on the bench. Because I am not a fan of his and never cheered for him.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Just for context, I was a bit saddened when my kids got out of diapers. A new era means the passing of another. I have always found some sadness in that.

But those are your kids, ....and they didn't rape anybody.

I do agree that being vengeful isn't healthy, neither emotionally or spiritually. I don't wish harm to come to BR, but I took a lot of pleasure in the fact that we beat the snot out of his team, causing him to sit on the bench in anguish.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
The point I would like to make is that we didn't exact revenge on anyone. We were simply witnesses to it.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:

I do agree that being vengeful isn't healthy, neither emotionally or spiritually. I don't wish harm to come to BR, but I took a lot of pleasure in the fact that we beat the snot out of his team, causing him to sit on the bench in anguish.

I am happy as heck we won and beat the crap out of them.

I learned something here. I didn't realize Ben was found guilty of rape. How did the NFL allow a convicted rapist to continue playing?

None the less, I found it a bit sad.
Go Browns

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
He wasn't found guilty of rape. He paid the accuser. How much? We'll never know, but it was probably a lot.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I'll admit, I knew that. I was just making a point.

And for the record, I hope it was a sizeable amount.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
Quote:

I just wish we had gotten to the point where we could have smacked the crap out him when he was in his prime, not right before he retires and everybody sees his diminishing skills.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
that would have required some measure of competence during those years.

Still, I agree.

B
Legend
Legend
B

Still, I agree.

Are you saying guys like Tyrone Rodgers, Wali Rainer, and Chaun Thompson weren't any good? wink

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

Still, I agree.

Are you saying guys like Tyrone Rodgers, Wali Rainer, and Chaun Thompson weren't any good? wink
Jeremiah Pharms

Legend
Legend
oh, god, those names-

1st String
1st String
It is about showing you win with grace, lose with grace there. Really Browns are a team with nothing but pride in a good kind of way and will be a powerhouse for years to come if they keep on playing this way.

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
and just like that... Phillip Rivers Retires

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season NFL 2020 Post Season Kinda interesting, the QBs

Link Copied to Clipboard