Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
RIP Mary and thoughts and prayers to your family.

I think my favorite game he coached for the Browns was actually a loss. The 1985 playoff game vs Miami I thought the Browns had less than zero chance of winning that game.

Marty I am sure knew we had to control the ball and when Byner went 60+ yards to go up big I thought we would pull off a major upset. Even though we lost the team showed character and I have to believe that was from Marty's confidence.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
RIP Marty. He was an amazing coach for so many years.

#gmstrong
All Pro
All Pro
My earliest Browns memories are of Marty Schottenheimer’s teams. His vision, put into action ignited my passion for our team and this sport. Witnessing Marty move to the chiefs, Slaughter and McNeil go to the Oilers, Langhorne and Manoa to the Colts, Matthews to the Falcons,and Wright to the Vikings made me realize that nothing lasts forever. I will always hold those memories dearly and it is infuriating that they were ripped away from the man who lived them and made them possible.

May the Lord keep you at his right hand Mr. Schottenheimer; one of His most trusted honored sons.

---------------------------------------------------------

#gmstrong

We are not called on to be successful. We are called on to be faithful.
1st String
1st String
RIP Marty. Wished you would had gone to the Super Bowl. God bless!

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
RIP, Marty. Man, it seems like just yesterday we all saw him on that 30 for 30 special on ESPN. He seemed like he was sharp, too. Seeing him break down talking about Earnest Byner hit me hard.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

These clips were from a Showtime 5 part series covering the 10 years of the AFL. There are other comments from Marty regarding how he got interested in coaching.

Great series for anyone interested in a very detailed look at the AFL. I only know them being available through Youtube The series is called Full Color Football, the history of the American Football League

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Marty Schottenheimer moved to Hospice Care

Link Copied to Clipboard