Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#1848137 02/13/21 08:58 PM
S
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
S
I was fortunate enough to schedule 2 Covid-19 vaccine appointments for my husband and me at a local Rite-Aid. Their website was awful but finally got through. How is everyone else doing with this?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
i was blessed I got it through work... the public vaccines in the area have been a friggin nightmare though... the websites are horrible to navigate and the wait at most of the places in our area are ridiculous... I'm thankful my work was really simple

I'm hoping my wife can get hers soon but unfortunately she's relatively young (43) with no medical complications other than CP and she stays at home... so she'll be the last wave...

<><

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
My girlfriend, a nurse too, got her second Pfizer jab on Thursday. Sore arm but no other adverse effects.
I get my second Moderna this coming Friday.

My mom snowbirds in Florida. My sisters snd I have all tried to get her on lists. No luck this far. It’s scary and frustrating.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I received mine thru work, got my mother in law scheduled easily thru Kroger Pharmacy...she's had her first one already. On the other hand I have a friend in Michigan that's finding it impossible to get her parents scheduled. They are in their late sixties and her father even meets criteria for being medically compromised.

Another thing, if you're getting the Moderna vaccine, you can pretty much count on having moderate to severe side effects after the second vaccine. Just about everyone I know that's gotten it has had them....I'm talking probably 30-40 people.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
That’s what I’m hearing from my peers in the industry. Former colleagues. A good portion had side effects. I’m bracing for them. I’ll be at a beach house on the Oregon Coast next weekend. Nothing to do but watch waves and keep a fire burning anyway.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
beach is my happy place...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The nurses and Doctors I have talked to agree with you bro. More side effects with moderna than Pfizer.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: jaybird
beach is my happy place...

It’s not tropical but it’s beautiful.
My girlfriend and my last pup, Samson, at Rockaway Beach a few years back. RIP buddy. You’re missed.

This will be my new pup’s first trip to the beach. Miles of unspoiled, off leash beach to run and play on. Typically barely another person in sight this time of year.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Both parents received theirs last week ... no side effects thus far

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I get my second Moderna shot on the 17th. I'd much rather have the headache, fever and chills I heard a lot of folks had for a day then the chance of complications from Covid.

I know some folks who got the second shot here had zero effects. Some did.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Florida's rollout has been a [censored] show. Between poor website, sites that handed out 2x the number of reservations, all the snowbirds increasing the demand, and confusion on where it was available.

Add in that we are about to roll into spring break season, which should have no effect on vaccines, but does create all kinds of other issues here.

Locals tend to shutter in during the 6 week spring break season, probably more so during covid, can't go anywhere without running into a group of college kids.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend

Got the first moderna shot Feb 2.

Sore arm and small rash near injection about palm size.

Second dose March 1st week.

I went through a county public health site. It was a mess and I lucked out getting into the site to set an appt.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm expecting the logjam/cluster to get worse as the age limiter opens up to us young'ins. Honestly, my hope is that I'm vaccinated by 2021 holidays.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
I'm expecting the logjam/cluster to get worse as the age limiter opens up to us young'ins.

Agreed. I'm anticipating 2-3 years before I can get one.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
T
Legend
Legend
T
14 million had their 2nd shot
50 million had their 1st shot.

202 million are ahead of the category that has no special qualifications.

the First Shot first vaccine, I think was somewhere around December 16

So we're 2 months in.
If we assume the Johnson and Johnson 1 shot vaccine will become available by first day of Spring March 21st.

If we calculate 25 million shots before March 21,
and 25 million shots / month of the current vaccines requiring 2, (phizer and Moderna) and add, 12.5 million Johnson and Johnson shots per month after April 1st, and calculate for those only requiring 1 shot per person,

At what time frame, would the eligibility for non special category people kick in.

50 million, minus 14 million, 36 million still need their 2nd shot.

202 million beginning, minus 50 million, (152 million), at that point who will still need 2 shots, or 1 per Johnson and Johnson.

I'll go by, (instead of figuring the 2nd unnecessary shot for Johnson and Johnson, as a negative, I'll figure it a 1/3rd of the 202 million necessary, as a (ghost increase) of the available shots, therefore everyone will have a common requirement of 2 shots, just the Johnson and Johnson reciepients receive one of the ghost shots, therefore all the shots are equal)

How conveinant that, 202 x 1/3rd is 66.66 bleh!

152 x two shots, 304 million shots.

So! 152 million starting April 1, going 25 million per month,
+ 12.5 million J and J, +13.3 million ghost shots not required, going by 66.66 / divided by 5 months guessing

We reach 2.99 months. meaning July 1st is the earliest time, the eligibility will reach crazy non government worker regular people.

I don't believe the math will play out, I figured August last week, maybe November today, but math doesn't lie I mean, look ^ I'll believe it when it happens,
July 1st at the earliest. hooray.

Edit: I did it wrong,
4.053333 months, so what is that,
August 1 + a week and a half,
I guess my original estimation was just about right on.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 02/16/21 12:55 AM.
F
Legend
Legend
F
202 million "special" qualifications out of 330 million citizens?

Damn we are an unfit bunch.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I'm expecting the logjam/cluster to get worse as the age limiter opens up to us young'ins. Honestly, my hope is that I'm vaccinated by 2021 holidays.

Things will ramp up as production begins to mass produce.

You don't go from having or giving zero shot to giving 300 million on the drop of a dime. You can plan all you want, but it takes time to implement, then work out kinks in the system.

Soon the supply chain will roll and places like Wal-Mart and CVS will be giving shots in addition to locations set up by local health departments.

Once all of that is in place, it should go fairly quickly. It's still not going to be a overnight deal, but it not going to have near the problems we currently see.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I have no doubt production will ramp up, I'm just not seeing our organization and distribution improving at all. I think that will be the limiter pretty soon.

The X-factor could be the JnJ vaccine.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Things will ramp up as production begins to mass produce.

You don't go from having or giving zero shot to giving 300 million on the drop of a dime. You can plan all you want, but it takes time to implement, then work out kinks in the system.

Soon the supply chain will roll and places like Wal-Mart and CVS will be giving shots in addition to locations set up by local health departments.

Once all of that is in place, it should go fairly quickly. It's still not going to be a overnight deal, but it not going to have near the problems we currently see.

That's already happening here. Pretty much any store with a pharmacy is giving out shots, very limited number, but they are giving them out with a appointment.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Good. It's happening

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
202 million "special" qualifications out of 330 million citizens?

Damn we are an unfit bunch.

It's been a few weeks since I read that, so I'd be pressed to find the exact site, but there was a phase 1a, 1b, 1c, 1, 1, 1, 1,1, and numbers of people listed, like 40m, 60m 102m or something, but

Some of the qualifiers were only, things like Postal Worker or certain kind of Food Worker, teachers, Nurses, people who wear the right colored ribbons when they are supposed to, people who give enough to poltics parties probably,
all I know, is, they most likely won't allow me in any of those categories, becauase they don't give a rat about the little guy imo.
So it's not 202 million people who all have small pox or something, but it's just 202 million people who are a little more special than the little guy.

What I did wrong in the numbers was divide the required people who need shots by the number of something wrong,... What I should have done was divide the
152 million, needed, by the revised 37.5 million per month, and that's where I get 4.05333 months. (And from April 1st is just a roundabout starting point.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Being a correction officer I’m eligible to get the vaccine, but I’m waiting for the Johnson one if I get it. I just feel there are too many unknowns yet about them. Many of my coworkers have gotten the 1st shot and have been off work for 3 days or more. Some of have not had any problems.

J
Legend
Legend
J
I work in healthcare. I’m about a month past my second vaccine. Fatigue and a sore arm were my only symptoms. I received the Pfizer vaccine, which from what I’m seeing, has less side effects than Moderna.

I was so relieved to get the vaccine through the health system I was working with. I would still be waiting for quite some time if that hadn’t been the case. They really need to speed this up for people.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Best news I could have gotten on this front... my mom gets her first shot tomorrow. She’s in a very high risk category. Multiple comorbidities that this crap preys on. Florida’s system has been a crap shoot. My sisters and I have each logged into their system on her behalf multiple times over the past month with no success in even getting her on a call list. We finally broke through that barrier last week. My older sis got her signed up. My mom got the call yesterday. She teared up when she video called me yesterday to let me know. It’s been scary for her. We’re all relieved to know she’s on the path to safety.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
On my knees thanking God that your Mom is getting her shot. I will keep praying that everything works out well for her my friend.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
jc

Someone in Colorado made this for Colorado
https://vaccine-finder.nickm.org/

It scans CVS, Walgreens and Safeway for available appointments so people can find appointments from one site. He is still working to improve it, but made an early version available.

Each state should have a centralized site for making appointments.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
F
Legend
Legend
F
I don't think I would trust a government site for it, at least not in Florida. Seems the tech team in our state's capital are completely out of touch with the idea of "End User Experience".

Every state site I've had to deal with is either
a web off non-related clicks to find what you need, only to be kicked out during the final processes due to errors.

I've heard rom my neighbors that the Publix supermarket site works well for vaccine reservations, but it opens at 7am each day and is full within 10-15 minutes.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
If anyone is keeping score, I had my second Moderna shot=really sore arm and a little tired. That's all. My coworker got it and Friday and she had a 102 fever the next day. One other stayed home the day after with a headache and the other is like me. Sore arm. Three of us got it Tuesday. The one last Friday.

A couple days of discomfort is nothing compared to a couple of weeks of can't breathe.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Thanks. I get my second Moderna tomorrow. I’m hoping to be one of those without any side effects besides a sore arm.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
My mother in law just turned 83 and she had no side effects from the Moderna vaccine shots. I know it varies somewhat from person to person.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but younger people are having worse side effects than older folks. Supposedly due to stronger immune responses to the vaccine.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
My mom and dad got their second one yesterday. My dad said he felt a little bad, my mom got the chills real bad and felt somewhat flu like. My dad had COVID but my mom never got it.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
J/C

My wife (36) got her second dose yesterday. She was fine yesterday, but had trouble sleeping. Arm was super sore and she is sore all over. Kind of fatigued today and not doing a whole lot. She's petite and generally anemic, but I don't know if that has any effect on things.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Just got my second dose. Still waiting in the observation line.
I have one patient left to see them I’m off to the coast for the weekend.... though I’ll have to do my charting when I get there.
Hopefully I have a side effect free weekend. It’ll be a much needed rest either way.

[Linked Image]
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Why does a lot of people have sore arms?

J
Legend
Legend
J
The vaccines trigger an immune response to the virus, that’s a good thing. Soreness at the injection site would, of course, be one of the most common side effects, just as it is with the regular flu shot.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Well the side effects from my second vaccine mirror my first one thus far. Sore arm and insomnia. It’s 3;50am and I’ve maybe slept two hours tonight if I’m lucky. I took an Ambien the night after my first vaccine. I didn’t bring it with me on my trip. So I’ve just been biding my time until the sun comes up.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Hope you sleep better tonight bro.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Well I feel pretty good this morning. No real side effects. I had a headache when I got out of bed. Took a small dose of ibuprofen and feel fine. My arm is less sore than with the first injection. Hopefully the insomnia is just a one night thing.

In other news the beach is beautiful today. Warm and sunny. Charlie’s first trip. He loves the sand and surf.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Charlie is a happy boy there. thumbsup

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... COVID-19 vaccine

Link Copied to Clipboard