Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1848281 02/15/21 02:43 PM
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Ahhhh...holiday weekends waiting for my girlfriend to get out of bed at 1pm.

Decided to make my own mock of the 1st round (gasp*). Alas, as it is February, I could only bring my self to put in one trade up (yes, it's for a QB).

Anyways...

1) Don't ask- Jacksonville Jaguars

2) Zach Wilson- NY Jets: The Jets also trade Sam Darnold to the Chicago Bears for their 2nd round (52nd) pick after fielding offers from the Colts (who pick right after the Bears at 54).

3) Penei Sewell- Miami Dolphins.

4) Justin Fields- Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons will likely have no choice but to restructure Matt Ryan and look to move on in 2022.

5) Trey Lance*- Carolina Panthers: With Sewell off the board, the Bengals move down and receive Carolina's 1st and both their 2021 3rd and 2022 3rd round picks. A hefty price, but it's a QB and they had to outbid the Broncos.

6) Ja'Marr Chase- Philadelphia Eagles: After gutting their receiving core to get under the cap, the Eagles take the best receiver they can get.

7) DeVante Smith- Detroit Lions: The Lions successfully bring back one of their receivers, but you need more than one. Smith gets the nod due to his ability to get open underneath and give Goff a reliable target.

8) Christian Darrisaw*- Cincinnati Bengals: A slight reach, but Cincinnati has to address that O-line. Right Tackle is a must.

9) Caleb Farley- Denver Broncos: AJ Bouye is gone. This one is easy with the top 4 QB's all out.

10) Patrick Surtain II- Dallas Cowboys: Regardless of what style of defense they run out there, the Cowboys secondary is unacceptable.

11) Kyle Pitts- NY Giants: They need receivers and Pitts is the most valuable, albeit slightly, over Waddle.

12) Rashawn Slater- San Francisco 49ers: Trent Williams is aging and the QB options are gone. Slater may start on the inside in year one if they can bring back Williams.

13) Micah Parsons- LA Chargers: The Chargers defense cost them games. This came down to Kwitty Paye and Parsons, but Parsons is too good of a value here and can remind Chargers fans what it feels like to have the other team say "Oww!"

14) Kwitty Paye- Minnesota Vikings: Speaking of Kwitty Paye, the Vikings need pass rush across from Danielle Hunter.

15) Christian Barmore- New England Patriots: Waiting for the argument smile Bill loves Alabama defenders and Parsons is off the board. Wise and Guy are pending Free Agents and Guy will be 31. Waddle would be a nice alternative, but the Patriots defense is getting too old, too quickly. Re-load.

16) Jaylen Waddle-Arizona Cardinals: Speaking of Waddle, someone has to stretch the field in Arizona for Nuke to go off.

17) Azeez Ojulari- Las Vegas Raiders: Another year, another Raiders' reach. This time for the most athletic pass-rusher in the class. They have to find something better than Nassib on 3rd downs. Even if Ojulari won't be an every down player until year two.

18) Zaven Collins- Miami Dolphins: A toss up between Collins and the WR, Kadarius Toney. Collins scheme fit is too good here and after solidifying the middle of that LBer group, he can easily move over to replace Kyle Van Noy in year two if needed. Van Noy's cap hit is unacceptable.

19) Kadarius Toney- Washington No Names- Speaking of Kadarius Toney. The WFT need offensive play makers.

20) Alijah Vera-Tucker- Chicago Bears: Toney is off the board and there is not a WR worth the slot here. The Bears have needed offensive line help since time out of mind it seems.

211) Jaycee Horn- Indianapolis Colts: I'm not the biggest Horn fan, but the Colts need secondary and pass rush. WR value isn't here and Rousseau doesn't fit what they do in my opinion.

22) Gregory Rousseau- Tennessee Titans: Speaking off Rousseau. He is a large human being who generated almost all of his pass-rush between the guard and tackle. He does fit Tennessee across from Simmons.

23) Teven Jenkins- New York Jets: I thought about WR and LB here, but the WR value still isn't there for me and neither is the rush LBer. Protect your new QB better than you did your last one. Right Tackle across from the mountain.

24) Dillon Radunz- Pittsburgh Steelers: OK, I admit, Jenkins went to NY above so that the Steelers would have to reach to address that abhorrent O-line (currently consisting of...errr...David Decastro and...and...and...) What a lovely time to be alive!

25) Trevon Moehrig- Jacksonville Jaguars: JOK would be a better value here but the Jags have already dumped too much into their off-ball LBers. Their safety play was pretty horrific after they traded away thee wrong guy and the O-Tackle value is dried up.

26) Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah- Cleveland Browns: I normally shy away from off-ball LBers and RB's in the first round, but the the fit here is too good. A LBer who can line up and cover TE's and RBs out of the slot is needed on this squad.

27) Rashad Bateman- Baltimore Ravens- Still not completely sold on the value here, but the Ravens WR room is in trouble and there isn't much for them to plug into their front seven on defense to make up for all those pending free agents. Jayson Oweh or Joseph Ossai might be alternatives here since the Edge Rushers may be gone by the time they pick again.

28) Mac Jones- I kind off hate this pick and think the Saints should just let the bomb drop this year and get a QB next year. But then...kind of have to wait to see who is even on their team for 2021 before guessing at a draft target.

29) Nick Bolton- Green Bay Packers: Fans in Wisconsin can keep their fingers crossed that the Ravens decide to address there depleting defense, but in this case Batemaan is gone. An edge rusher to eventually replace Preston Smith would be good too as the Packers have 38 million per year dedicated to the Smith brothers and that is simply unsustainable. For now, someone in thee middle as the Kirsey signing was a waste.

30) Travis Etienne- Buffalo Bills. Laziness on my part as I had to throw in the obligatory 1st round RB. In truth, looking at an Edge player such as Jayson Oweh or Jaelan Phillips would be the smarter move as Hughes and Addison have passed the "aging" moniker at this point.

31) Wyattt Davis- Kansas City Chiefs. See the Super Bowl. Unacceptable interior O-line play even if their tackles come back healthy.

32) Jaelen Phillips- Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Bucs are in win-now mode all the way and can afford to take a risk on someone with serious injury concerns as long as they can make an impact right away.

Still can't decide if I want to put Jayson Oweh in there somewhere, but, meh, it's just a mock. smile

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Legend
Legend
I’m good with any LB or DL

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nice effort, Baron. p.s. Watch out for Snoopy in the sun...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I’m good with any LB or DL

I'm good with any LB, DT, Edge or CB I think Safety will be fine with a healthy Delpit maybe add a FA thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Nice effort. I think Mac to the Saints is a good pick. I might give them Trask instead.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I commend the effort. If the draft were to fall like this I don't see the Browns passing on Jaelen Phillips, especially for a linebacker. I don't think the present regime values the position enough to take an LB in round one.

Last edited by guard dawg; 02/15/21 05:45 PM.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I wouldn't take any College player with an injury history. We should have learned from our past mistakes.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
I commend the effort. If the draft were to fall like this I don't see the Browns passing on Jaelen Phillips, especially for a linebacker. I don't think the present regime values the position enough to take an LB in round one.

Normally i might agree.

The problem with Phillips is his injury history.

You do know he retired from football a few years ago due to multiple concussions, don't you?

He is a great talent, but I wouldn't draft Phillips at all. Let some other team deal with his brain injury.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
I I don't think the present regime values the position enough to take an LB in round one.

How does it affect your opinion of the pick if the Browns were to consider JOK a safety?
Not an unreasonable evaluation given his size and speed.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
B
Legend
Legend
B
For all intents that is what he would be.

We have made no bones that we would prefer to run a 4-2-5. He would be excellent as that "box safety" type player.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Justin Fields will go #1 to Jacksonville. #count it

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

I don't see this happening. I get the OSU connection, but I personally believe that Urban took the Jacksonville job because of Trevor Lawrence. With a few other pieces he can win right away with him. Trevor is a much better passing version of Tebow, and Urban has his most success with QB's that he can count on to run his spread type offense.

Running the table in 2014 and getting the natty was an anomaly but remember who the top 2 QB's were that season. Strong runners that have deep ball accuracy and can stretch the field with their legs. Justin is a phenomenal talent, but still is slow to go through his reads. Trevor is the first pick hands down.

“It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Is that you Throw Long?

No way, no how.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Normally I might agree.

The problem with Phillips is his injury history.

Not really an ACC guy so I wasn't familiar with his medical history. I know that medical evaluations will be challenging in this draft season due to Covid. Of course, if there are medial red flags that would change my mind.

Originally Posted By: Jester
How does it affect your opinion of the pick if the Browns were to consider JOK a safety?
Not an unreasonable evaluation given his size and speed.

Before selecting him in the first round I'd want to know that he's taken considerable reps at safety. Has he?

I think he's a fine player.

Given what little we've been told about the Browns defensive approach I'm not sure the fit is there especially at #26. If CB or a legitimate 4-3 DE don't make sense at the pick I see the team going BPA at a position within the scheme they want to run. Probably interior DL or WR.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not likely to happen but Jax should use that #1 pick as a start for a package to get Watson. I get it’s within the division.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Hammer
Is that you Throw Long?

No way, no how.

watch the show QB1 it will change your mind along with how he played at OSU.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: KashDawg
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

I don't see this happening. I get the OSU connection, but I personally believe that Urban took the Jacksonville job because of Trevor Lawrence. With a few other pieces he can win right away with him. Trevor is a much better passing version of Tebow, and Urban has his most success with QB's that he can count on to run his spread type offense.

Running the table in 2014 and getting the natty was an anomaly but remember who the top 2 QB's were that season. Strong runners that have deep ball accuracy and can stretch the field with their legs. Justin is a phenomenal talent, but still is slow to go through his reads. Trevor is the first pick hands down.

Actually, I just think Fields is a better QB. (watch the show QB1) It really will change your perspective of this kid. He is the real deal and has been since HS.

Once you get past the media hype here are the stats:

Trevor Lawrence (24 games)Justin Fields (20 games) comparison since 2019:
~Lawrence: 58 TD passes, 16 rushing TDs, 12 INTs, 7,192 total yards, 67.2 completion percentage.

~Fields: 56 TD passes, 14 rushing TDs, eight INTs, 5,552 total yards, 68.9 completion percentage.

Fields will end up being the better QB imo. he is grounded, doesn't get frazzled, and he is a true leader.

Lawrence couldn't even handle a ditry stash comment.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Fields is not even going to be the second QB taken.

Legend
Legend
I think Lawrence then Wilson then Fields will be the QB order

I also think Lance will go higher

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c

I don't put much stock in any draft pundit's selection-by-selection mock over another. Still, I found two interesting selections in Daniel Jeremiah's Mock 2.0. Interesting because these are guys I like whose media-based draft grades seem lower than deserved. It kind of validates my perceptions of the players, honestly.

So, he has Gregg Newsome II going 21st to the Colts. The Northwestern Cornerback has been productive, physical and competitive as an outside corner in the Big 10. Twenty-one is in our neighborhood. Maybe we consider him if Surtain, Horn and Farley are all gone as expected.

The other player who isn't garnering much first-round attention that I really like is Ronnie Perkins, DE of Oaklahoma. Jeremiah has him going 23rd to the Jets. His measurables seem a tad light for the Browns taste, It's estimated he's like 6'3", 250ish. (We had a dude about this size whose GF died in a tragic car accident. Mike ?) But he plays much bigger than his listed size. He has had impressive reps rushing the passer with speed and power. He is very competent at setting the edge and he also produced as a run-stopping DE.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't really know much about Ronnie Perkins but the versatility you describe is exactly what we need.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't really know much about Ronnie Perkins but the versatility you describe is exactly what we need.

I think he would be part of an answer for Lamar, and other mobile QB's...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PFHNIA_dYc

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What's a Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah????????????????

All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
What's a Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah????????????????

He's just OK.

See what I did there? Eh?

Eh?

Dad jokes...yeah!

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Fields is not even going to be the second QB taken.

you are coorrect, he will go #1 LOL

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3091...der-source-says
Trevor Lawrence undergoes surgery on left (non-throwing) shoulder, source says

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I asked in an earlier post if JOK had taken many reps at Safety. Then I stumbled on to an article on Dawg Pound Daily that suggests that he has. This new (for me) information does influence my perception of the player. It at least puts him in the mix for consideration at 26. I know he'll go high so depending on what we do in FA he might be a realistic first-round option.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Jay Tufele would fill the hole created by the departure of Ogunjobi, nicely.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have seen a lot of mock drafts with the Browns taking him in the 2nd round. I have had a hard time imagining him lasting that long.

Is he a guy you would consider with pick #26?
Would you trade down and snag him early round 2?
Would you trade up in round 2 to get him?
Or would you sit tight and hope that he falls to us in round 2?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We can't address all of our defensive holes in free agency. If we sign Watt or another top-tier DE and one veteran secondary player that seems like our limit.

If the team signs Watt alone, I would consider Tufele seriously at 26. I might be willing to trade down near the bottom of the first round but not out of round one. I'd want 5 years of control on the player.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

I think Ronnie Perkins shows well on tape, my biggest issue with him is off the field...But I wouldn't mind looking at him if he's there come round 3.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
PS Baron, you did a good job on that mock...and I know how time consuming that could be, keep up the good work!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs
JC...

I think Ronnie Perkins shows well on tape, my biggest issue with him is off the field...But I wouldn't mind looking at him if he's there come round 3.

Honestly, I'm curious about what happens with the NFL/country at large and weed in the near future. If a failed drug test due to marijuana was all it was, it's not necessarily a huge red flag for me. I'd rather a guy smoked than was addicted to pills/shots and booze. Unfortunately, the rules don't reflect that, yet. Pain management in this country is a mess.

I don't know where I'd stack Perkins at this point. It seems harder to find cut ups of full games than in the past, and many of my old go to sites for draft related content seem to have put up pay walls for the good stuff. Perkins seems to have some nice tools, but it's hard to get a good read from the limited "film" I've come across. Not sure if I care enough to try to go through full games and try to pick guys out much more.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Didn't they take away the penalties for a positive weed test in the last CBA?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Didn't they take away the penalties for a positive weed test in the last CBA?

That is what I thought. I didn't think they tested for that any longer.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Yes, I do believe they did. It was why Josh Gordon was once again trying his reinstatement schtick.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think they limited the window for testing and raised the threshold. Moved the punishment/treatment to a neutral party. At least that's what I seem to be seeing.

I doubt Perkins lasts to the 3rd unless there's more off field stuff. Especially where we're picking this year.

Daviyon Nixon, 3T, Iowa is looking interesting to me if we get an Edge player in free agency. Probably even if we don't. Interior pressure is always nice.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
C
Legend
Legend
C

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
For the sake of conversation I will give my reasons for preferring Tufelle over Nixon. Nixon is a excellent athlete and he combines movement skills and pass rushing ability. He projects very well as a penetrating 3Tech.

Tufelle lines up qiute a bit as a 1Tech, where Ogunjobi and the opt out guy from the Bengals play. If the team doesn't resign Larry O then we have a depth problem at that position. Tufelle can rotate there and also take reps at the 3Tech. Does Nixon offer this type of versatility?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season 2021 NFL Draft Full 1st round Mock Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard