Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1854420 03/22/21 05:45 PM
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Live feed on YouTube looks like shooter may have been arrested. Still an active scene.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That's just awful. Prayers for those affected.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Swat was just at another residence a couple miles away.

The video from ZFG videography at the beginning was unreal.
He was in the store at the front when he heard the shots. There were 2 people outside down and one in. When the guy taking the video walked in the store, someone was down inside-and then I heard at least 3 more shots-sadly he told the first officers on scene where the shots were coming from and they went in-and more shots rang out.

This dude had sacks the size of grapefruits to get this close and not leave

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I was watching that stream live from ZFG. That video was crazy.

How about the old guy standing in the entrance calmly saying, "Yeah, the active shooter, he went right inside through here." Then three more shots ring out.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Horrible.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I hope the hardcore 2a guys understand that this is the reason why it’s so easy to get gun control policies passed. Most Americans understand this inherent ‘cost’ of having that right. There’s gonna be gangs and mafias and crimes of passion and all that other nonsense.

However, people are tired of this specific event: mass shootings. These losers just can’t take the gun and shoot them selves. Nah, they gotta go and take out a bunch of innocent people with them. And the vast majority of these mass shooters obtained their weapons legally. I dunno about this specific loser, but most other cases of mass shootings, they were law abiding citizens, until all of a sudden, they weren’t.

I don’t know how to stop psychos from shooting up the place. But guess what? YOUR solution of doing nothing and moving on...more and more people around the country ain’t rolling with it anymore.

So y’all can whine about rights and how these bills won’t stop anything all you want, and you might be right. But what we DO know is that your inaction definitely doesn’t work. So just want to remind you hardcore 2A guys that harsh reality: people are gonna do something if the other side’s solution is to do nothing.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
I've said before, the thing that's going to take down 2A is the NRA and the "my cold, dead hands" crowd. Compared to them, politicians who don't even know how to define the guns their regulating sound like they're making sense.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
The 2nd isn't going anywhere, at least until the Communists are in total control.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
The 2nd isn't going anywhere, at least until the Communists are in total control.

It’s weird you see communism in everything except those places it’s actually infested. Like the NRA and trump’s pockets.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

P
Legend
Legend
P

In the meanwhile they will just keep killing stray cats.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 03/23/21 12:04 PM. Reason: Already reported.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Last I saw, there were 10 dead, one of them a cop with 7 kids. Yikes..

It's not the guns people. It's the people that we allow to own guns..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
yeah another victory for the nra.
some other deranged person got to have a product demo with a ar-15.

when there is nothing else-more thoughts and prayers-not that they do a damn thing

https://twitter.com/NRA/status/1371885468950917124

Legend
Legend

The article said he ranted about Trump.. In what way

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
That he hated him, essentially. There are some tweets and facebook posts that are surfacing but due to language, cannot post. I'm sure if you search around on the internet, someone/some entity has already provided them.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Names and ages of the victims.

Tralona Bartkowiak, 49

Suzanne Fountain, 59

Teri Leiker, 51

Kevin Mahoney, 61

Lynn Murray, 62

Rikki Olds, 25

Neven Stanisic, 23

Denny Strong, 20

Officer Eric Talley, 51

Jody Waters, 65

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Complained about not having a girlfriend?

Man please don’t tell me it was another one of those Incel anti-feminist types.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
His FB post said #NeedAGirlfriend. It was posted on September 5th, 2019.

Had posts about Islamaphobia.

Not sure how much stock is worth putting in all of it. Most of the posts circulating from his FB on the internet are from 2019, some from 2018.

I would imagine more will come out.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
when there is nothing else-more thoughts and prayers-not that they do a damn thing

bang, bang
splish, splash
thoughts/prayers
rinse/repeat.

With all due respect, northlima- beyond "thoughts & prayers," there is nothing to be done about it. Each one of our so-called freedoms comes at a price. The price for nation wide universal gun ownership is Death. As a society, we've determined that wet red streets, cinemas, shopping centers, schools and places of worship is an acceptable price to pay for the right to keep and bear arms. If we were truly appalled by the senseless taking of lives, something would have been done long, long ago.

This is not a problem to be solved. It's a feature of the pact we've all agreed to. This is our nation paying the price tag that is attached to common folk possessing lethal weaponry. Nothing more, nothing less.

We, our friends and our families must accept that we might be gunned down in a Giant Eagle so that our neighbors can own tools meant for nothing but killing. I don't know what else can be said about a nation that has enough guns in circulation to arm every man, woman and child.

We get what we deserve.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
There are two bills on the Senate floor now ready for a yay vote and ready for Biden to sign into law. But no the senate seems to enjoy watching the slaughter of American’s in one form or an other. I get it though they just need to make Biden the bad guy when he is called to action by most Americans to write an executive order. It’s all about optics to republican’s. Remember Jan 6th?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
That's only true if your options are solely limited to "take my guns from my cold dead hands" and "all guns are scary". Common sense gun laws are a possibility, but it requires a collection of lawmakers that possess common sense.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
The Democrats are coming to take our guns....again!!! willynilly

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Didn't think worth making a new thread, but worth posting.

Man with 5 firearms, body armor arrested at Publix in Atlantic Station, police say

ATLANTA — Days after 10 people were shot and killed at a grocery store in Boulder, Colorado, employees were alarmed when a man armed with multiple weapons entered the Publix in Atlantic Station on Wednesday.

Officers responded to the store at around 1:35 p.m. and met with management who said the armed man entered the store's restroom. Responding officers found the man and immediately detained him, they said.

Officers discovered he had five firearms and body armor in his possession, police said. Two were long guns and three were pistols.

Grady EMS was on the scene and conducted a mental health evaluation, police added.

Atlanta Police later said the 22-year-old man was taken into custody and charged with reckless conduct. The firearms, body armor and property were taken into evidence.

When asked by 11Alive if the man was licensed to carry, police said the case was still under investigation. While police have not said why the man may have entered the store, Georgia is an open-carry state.

At around 5:30 p.m., police said they were also investigating a suspicious package at that same location. They have not made a connection between the two incidents.

The grocery store, along with the interior of Atlantic Station shopping district streets and parking deck are closed during the investigation, a spokesperson for Publix and Atlantic Station said in different statements.

"At Publix, the safety of our associates and customers is our priority. We are cooperating with local law enforcement on an incident that occurred earlier today in our Atlantic Station store. We are thankful that there were no injuries, and all were able to exit the store safely," the statement from Publix read.

Atlantic Station said carrying firearms on the property is a direct violation of their policy.

"Atlantic Station Security and the Atlanta Police Department acted swiftly to manage both situations and secure the area to ensure the safety of our guests," a spokesperson said in the statement. "The safety of the Atlantic Station community is of utmost importance," they added.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/loc...29-9456c1f68ae4

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
That's only true if your options are solely limited to "take my guns from my cold dead hands" and "all guns are scary". Common sense gun laws are a possibility, but it requires a collection of lawmakers that possess common sense.

I don't disagree in any way.

To your first point: the absolutist postures that you described have actually been our reality since the last firearms legislation changes back in the 90's. It's been one of our longest-lasting, most politicized social issues for a generation and a half.

To your second point: I think there are legislators who possess common sense and have the ability to reach agreement on some basic measures. The problem I see isn't a lack of acumen/ability, it's a lack of political will... and the fortitude required to pass such measures in the face of the loudest detractors in the room. Most politicians will not risk losing a reëlection to take such a principled stand. They like their jobs more than they like their duties.

And so, here we are.
Until I see evidence of erect spinal columns in the well of Congress, I expect things to continue as they have.

As I've said many times before in this forum, I am not, nor have I ever been anti-gun. I'm super, super anti-killing spree with a gun.

So- if legislators want to try something, I'm all for seeing what happens. Maybe some things might improve. Maybe some things might get worse. Maybe the net result is no change at all. But at least trying something is a sea change from doing absolutely nothing... which is the only reality we have known for the last 30+ years. Toss the coin- how much worse can it be than the steady death toll we see year after year?

Democracy's an ongoing, evolving experiment. I'm OK with throwing a catalyst into the chemical soup and seeing what happens. After all- nothing ventured/nothing gained, right?

-And since we're continually dealing with previously-created f-ups/near disasters anyway- if it doesn't work out, so what? It's just another f'd-up aspect of future daily life to fix down the road, knowhatimean?

wink

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The most effective tool for anti killing sprees is to limit magazine size and require a double action for magazine removal. Time your friend under these circumstances.

See Gabby Giffords.

We will probably never eliminate the threat, but slowing things down is a worthy objective.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
We will probably never eliminate the threat, but slowing things down is a worthy objective.

again, no disagreement.

B
Legend
Legend
B
There are no good answers. The prevailing thought is to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens to protect us from the small percentage of "kooks" hell bent of doing things like this v doing little to nothing.

I am against both.

We already have laws designed to help prevent this and they don't seem to work, so the thought is to do more. When those prove to do little, the next move will be to seek further restrictions, and so on.

The bottom line for me is we will never be able to legislate a solution.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
There are no good answers. The prevailing thought is to restrict the rights of law abiding citizens to protect us from the small percentage of "kooks" hell bent of doing things like this v doing little to nothing.

I am against both.

We already have laws designed to help prevent this and they don't seem to work, so the thought is to do more. When those prove to do little, the next move will be to seek further restrictions, and so on.

The bottom line for me is we will never be able to legislate a solution.

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, I can't believe this is even a debate.

It's more cumbersome to get and maintain a drivers license than it is to get a Carry permit.

The other thing is this, Rifles are for hunting and maybe sport shooting. But what are Assault rifles for? Killing people! That's the only value.

I have no problem with folks having hobbies, I like Horsepower and Cars. My choice I guess.

Guns are another persons thing.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
I shoot a AK often. It is a sport gun. Assault gun is the propaganda media at work.

I'll bet cars kill more people, and are involved in nearly every gun crime. Most people drive a car to the shootout, and use one to get away. Maybe people should have to undergo background checks to buy a car.

Think about it...it would be much harder to get to a crime scene undetected without the use of a car, and getting away would be much harder if they had to run or walk away.

Hey, it would also be the "green" thing to do as a by-product!

Trust me my man, I am not proposing we do away with personal vehicles.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Topical.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And there you have it.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
As I said before, this is the stuff that will help anti-2nd folks have their way. Not requiring a license to carry concealed is ridiculous.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
As a second amendment supporter I agree with you. I am certainly in favor of the right to bear arms. Yet at the same time, as a society I think we should insure it be done in a safe and responsible manner.

Legislation such as this appears more to me like throwing a temper tantrum than anything else. It gives those on the other extreme the ammunition to show just how far the other side will go in an attempt to give unqualified people permission to carry a gun in public.

Here is where I see the conundrum. Gun supporters try and use the constitution as an excuse that we should have no regulations. Or at least almost none. When you point out to them that when the constitution was written people had single shot rifles and pistols, they say that makes no difference because look at what it says in the constitution.

Then, when it comes to voting they fail to take into account that even when blacks and women were given the right to vote, people had no picture ID. So by their very own logic in terms of guns, nobody should have to show a picture ID to vote.

Why is it they want regulation and security in one case and almost none in the other? They should at least be consistent.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Active Shooter Boulder CO

Link Copied to Clipboard