Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
Legend
Legend
E
The reality of it all is that we have finally reached that status of good team where we are in the last 10 picks of the round.

And we got only two picks possibly with some trading get another 2nd rounder making the number 3.

The point I'm getting around to making is that in the first 64 picks there are some really really good Defensive players.

Definitely like that kid from USC. Edge Rusher, CB with good cover skills. The rest of the rounds you pick up mostly DBs with mad tackling skills as that is going to comprise of possibly 6 guys in our defense but DL edge we to get at #26 probably as they will go fast.

We could get the BEST TE, OG, SS, ILB in the 2nd round....DBs should be there for the taking throughout the draft rounds there after.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
For the sake of conversation I will give my reasons for preferring Tufelle over Nixon. Nixon is a excellent athlete and he combines movement skills and pass rushing ability. He projects very well as a penetrating 3Tech.

Tufelle lines up qiute a bit as a 1Tech, where Ogunjobi and the opt out guy from the Bengals play. If the team doesn't resign Larry O then we have a depth problem at that position. Tufelle can rotate there and also take reps at the 3Tech. Does Nixon offer this type of versatility?

I'd rather have the guy with more upside as far as affecting the QB and making plays in the backfield.

Aaron Donald types get paid/have more value. I'm not saying Nixon is Aaron Donald, but I prefer BPA over "need." Versatility is great down the line in the draft, but I prefer special traits/skills early. I give a bit of a premium for affecting the passer. The AFC North, outside of us, isn't really a run first division any more. I mean Baltimore is kind of run heavy, but I think Nixon is a better fit for trying to corral Lamar. Negative/Big plays seems to be becoming more and more the name of the game with NFL defenses. 1T's have value, but I don't think a first round premium for one is a good use of resources. I'd use round 3 and later to address potential depth issues.

I do need to watch more of Tufele. I think part of my hesitancy with him is how bad the OL he's beating in the few highlights I've seen seem to be. But, I really haven't dug into this draft in general much yet. It's not nearly as tantalizing picking at 26 as it is top 10. The likelihood of "my guys" getting picked before we're on the clock is slightly off-putting. Plus, the pandemic/life has made living and dying with the draft/a game seem kind of silly. Don't get me wrong, I still find it interesting, but not nearly as all-consuming as I did there for a bit.

Last edited by Bull_Dawg; 02/19/21 01:05 PM. Reason: Baltimore kinda run heavy wasn't a great way to put it. More it's not 3 yards and a cloud of dust. I think we're more likely to slow it down with penetration than building a wall. Especially with the RPO/Multiple ball carrier options of their offense.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Good post. For me, part of it is games like the Raiders game where we got dominated. Mixon gives us fits and until 2020 we had no answer for Connor. Tufelle intrigues me because he is a balanced run and pass defender. Where we woould have him is the question. Of course 2 is better than 1.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
For clarity, I mean round 2 would be a better draft slot to take the player than round 1.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Your score is: 45977 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 30 (BUF): Daviyon Nixon, DT, Iowa (A-)
Round 2 Pick 27: Dylan Moses, ILB/OLB, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 29 (BUF): Shaun Wade, CB, Ohio State (A)
Round 3 Pick 34 (N.O.): Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A+)
Round 3 Pick 35 (DAL): Ar'Darius Washington, FS/SS, TCU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 41 (N.O.): Baron Browning, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Ronnie Perkins, DE/OLB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 10 (DAL): Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Paddy Fisher, ILB/OLB, Northwestern (A+)
Round 6 Pick 27: Chauncey Golston, DE/OLB, Iowa (A+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Blake Haubeil, K, Ohio State (A-)

Your Future Picks:
2022 Round 1 Pick
2023 Round 1 Pick

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
I’d love to get Dylan Moses in the 2nd

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
I despise Dylan Moses. smile

I've never seen a LBer struggle so wildly to actually find the freaking ball carrier! He spent the last year running past or away from the ball carrier like he was looking for someone to block him. Either that or he was standing in the middle of the field bouncing up and down like Sonic the Hedgehog on pause.

It hurt my soul. I had so much hope for him to show out this year.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My Day 1 & Day 2 Selections:

1:26 -- Asante Samuel Jr., CB FSU
/ Jay Tufele, DL USC
^
2:58 -- Jabril Cox, LB LSU

3:89 -- Tommy Togiai, DL OSU

3:91 -- Victor Dimukeje, EDGE Duke

[Linked Image]

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Fields is not even going to be the second QB taken.

Which is crazy superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

Not really.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

Not really.

Yea ... It Is superconfused

All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Apparently he may not even be the 3rd... *gasp

Legend
Legend
When you look at him being an Ohio State QB, it's not a surprise at all that he won't be taken highly. Ohio State just does NOT produce QB's for the NFL. When you look at his post-season performances compared to Trevor Lawrence and then factor in Lawrence being the consensus #1 overall, then yes, it IS very surprising that Fields isn't being talked about going higher. When you further add in that Fields' two years of performance in the Big10 validates his limited play as a freshman in the SEC, you *really* have to wonder.... especially since, statistically in terms of ratings, Fields outplayed Lawrence in a number of major categories (rating, INT, TD, avg Yd/attempt, etc...).

When you look at it like that, there's actually pretty solid reasoning to consider Fields' at #1 instead of Lawrence, and I'm no OSU fan boy saying that.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It's hard to tell where he'll go. I mean the NFL's probably trying to keep the drama of his rise to number one under wraps til draft day.

saywhat

Fiercely Independent.
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
The key thing to remember is...none of these quarterbacks matter.

E
Legend
Legend
E
The kid from BYU is pretty good Pastor, take a look at him. forget his competition look at his base and his technique - his arm strength and accuracy. Then Compare the two.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RedBaron

I'd argue that we want to inflate all the QBs' values as much as possible, so that there are more players at other positions for us to choose from when we're on the clock.

I mean, come on, there are obviously 5 generational QB prospects in this draft, and not enough people are talking about Senior Bowl MVP Kellen Mond. thumbsup

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
New Mock No Trades:

Round 1 Pick 26: Zaven Collins, ILB/OLB, Tulsa (A)
Round 2 Pick 27: Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State (A)
Round 3 Pick 25: Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Shaka Toney, DE/OLB, Penn State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Paddy Fisher, ILB/OLB, Northwestern (A+)
Round 6 Pick 26: JR Pace, FS/SS, Northwestern (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Blake Haubeil, K, Ohio State (A-)

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: eotab
The kid from BYU is pretty good Pastor, take a look at him. forget his competition look at his base and his technique - his arm strength and accuracy. Then Compare the two.

He is good I didn't say he isn't I have him as my 3rd QB in this draft I just think Fields is a better QB ...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted By: RedBaron

I'd argue that we want to inflate all the QBs' values as much as possible, so that there are more players at other positions for us to choose from when we're on the clock.

I mean, come on, there are obviously 5 generational QB prospects in this draft, and not enough people are talking about Senior Bowl MVP Kellen Mond. thumbsup

I hope your right and 6 QB's go before we draft smile

M
Legend
Legend
M

I hope your right and 6 QB's go before we draft smile

I think 4 will be gone 'for sure' ... I think 5 is very probable. . . 6? Possible but I don't think so.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
What's a Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah????????????????

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
What's a Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah????????????????

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

Love his speed and quickness, he explodes into ball carriers and separates the ball, and I love his pass coverage skills, could be our pick at #26 if he is still on the board thumbsup

Last edited by PastorMarc; 03/02/21 03:31 PM.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
While it is possible that he makes it to #26, it seems highly unlikely.

Would you package a 3rd and a 4th to move up to get him?
What if it required our 2nd rounder?

Last edited by Jester; 03/02/21 04:17 PM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend

I have been pimping this guy for a month.

He is a perfect fit for the Browns and Wood's defense.

I am sure the Browns are all over him.

The question is how will the draft lay out.

If we had to move up to say 18 and send a mid round pick.

I would.

Not sure how Berry will play this.

All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Our 2nd 4th and the 6th to go up to 21, sure.

Once you get past the top 100 it's any man's guess. Half of those kids barely played this year. The 1st 2 days are at least prospects who played enough and have enough athleticism to be comfortable with them.

Heck I'd probably trade any pick 5th round or later for picks next year. smile

Legend
Legend
I still think he's too little to play LB for us.
Safety, sure, but not LB.... not at 216#

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Jester
While it is possible that he makes it to #26, it seems highly unlikely.

Would you package a 3rd and a 4th to move up to get him?
What if it required our 2nd rounder?

Nope, I'm not sure I would take him if he fell to us. I might, but there's no way I am trading up for him unless his pro day goes much better than I expect as far as measurements and (non-40 yd dash, which will likely be good) times.

Fiercely Independent.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
JMO. I feel there are about 8-10 D players we could draft at #26 that could help us right away. I would never trade our 2nd this year to move up. I feel we should just stay at #26 and let the draft come to us. Again, JMO.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I still think he's too little to play LB for us.
Safety, sure, but not LB.... not at 216#

While I tend to agree 216# is too light, and not to pimp the guy in any way at this point, I think we need to be open to the type of players who might be playing "linebacker" in the future.

Technically speaking, the deepest free safety is a line backer. They are playing behind the line, right?

I think moving forward, more and more "linebackers" are going to trend on the lighter, quicker side as compared to what we have become accustomed to at the position.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
j/c

I am getting deja vu when reading about these hybrid LB/S guys.

It reminds me of the days/years when we were (seemingly) constantly switching between a 3-4 and a 4-3...and picking "Tweener" guys who ended up not being good in either alignment.

P
Legend
Legend
P
My Newest Mock With A Couple Trade Downs to Eventually Pickup 2 More 3rd Round Picks:

Round 1 Pick 31 (K.C.): Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 2 (NYJ): Jabril Cox, ILB/OLB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 22 (NYJ): Shaka Toney, DE/OLB, Penn State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25: Caden Sterns, FS/SS, Texas (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa (A+)
Round 4 Pick 5: Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn (A+)
Round 5 Pick 25: Luke Farrell, TE, Ohio State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 26: Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: Matt Allen, C/OG, Michigan State (A-)

Last edited by PastorMarc; 03/14/21 02:19 PM.

H
All Pro
All Pro
H
Regarding JOK, he’ll be able to put on probably 10-15 pounds in the NFL, hopefully retaining the quickness and speed he has now. If that is the case, not an unrealistic thing, then he would make a great OLB/SS hybrid.
As long as the defensive scheme stays the same, he’ll be able to find a position where he’s most effective.

Legend
Legend
Those first 4 picks would be a home run

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I like the mock. These can be hard work. This seems really sensible and believable;e. Fine job, Baron. thumbsup

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
We aren't going to draft 11 players.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I'd agree. We'd likely look to turn some of those into 2022 picks.

Browns is the Browns

B
Legend
Legend
B

And possibly use some to move up.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P

And possibly use some to move up.

Ok how about this ...

Round 1 Pick 32 (T.B.): Rondale Moore, WR, Purdue (A)
Round 2 Pick 27: Joe Tryon, DE/OLB, Washington (A)
Round 2 Pick 32 (T.B.): Asante Samuel Jr, CB, Florida State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 25: Jabril Cox, ILB/OLB, LSU (A+)
Round 3 Pick 27: Tommy Togiai, DT, Ohio State (A+)
Round 3 Pick 41 (N.O.): Ronnie Perkins, DE/OLB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 4 Pick 27: Marlon Tuipulotu, DT, USC (A+)
Round 7 Pick 29: D.J. Daniel, CB, Georgia (A+)

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season 2021 NFL Draft Full 1st round Mock Draft

Link Copied to Clipboard