Next Thread
Print Thread
#1855470 03/29/21 01:37 PM
S
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
S
I thought I would try to get a discussion going on some of the movies that are out on HBO max mainly The Snyder Cut of Justice League as well as the upcoming Kong vs Godzilla.

The streaming service is neat but sorta pricey for what limited content you get, I think I paid 14.99 or something for a month, and probably will be cancelling it after a month or two.

Still nice to be able to see movies streaming the same day they come out in theaters. I am looking forward to Kong vs Godzilla on Wednesday.

The Snyder cut had a heck of a lot more depth but still lacked something. I enjoyed it as a escape from reality movie that I could pop popcorn and not have to think to much.

Anyone else watching anything.....oh and for those that were late to the party Game of Thrones is on there as well.

Legend
Legend
I already have a firestick, and pay for HBO through Amazon so Max is included at no charge. Love HBO max, and plan on enjoying Kong win the fight on Thursday.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm giving HBO Max a try, but I'm going to re-evaluate in a few months (after I see my trial price has expired and monthly costs have gone up). Generally, we get our money's worth from our streaming services, and we're saving a TON of money by cutting cable so I don't stress about costs too much. Still... ESPN+ kinda sucks, and I don't really want to pay anything for it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
GMdawg #1855483 03/29/21 02:44 PM
S
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
S
Heck yeah I cant wait to see the fight!

M
Legend
Legend
M
The Lady and The Dale was a pretty crazy documentary. I'm on the fourth episode of the new Q-Anon documentary, 'Into the Storm', which has been a fun watch. The Undoing was really good. The Flight Attendant was an entertaining dark comedy.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Our son put it on our television with his prime membership. I watch it all the time. Mostly because of the Sopranos. I never watched it when it was on television. I was was still working most of the time it was on, so never stayed up to watch. I have been binge watching a few episodes a few days a week for the last month or so. Near the end of season 5....pretty good show.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
S
Nice! Sopranos was a show I liked when it was on be4.... might be time for a rewatch.

Ford vs Ferrari is a movie I recommend if you haven’t seen it yet

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: savagedawgs
Nice! Sopranos was a show I liked when it was on be4.... might be time for a rewatch.

Ford vs Ferrari is a movie I recommend if you haven’t seen it yet

I really liked the Sopranos. There's a Youtube video for just about every scene you might have liked, with really interesting comments.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
have been considering getting HBO max but already streaming so many other services.. not sure I want to pay for another one... but might be worthwhile just to watch the new movies then cancel.

<><

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
if you like non-fiction they have a mini-series on Chernobyl.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
Legend
Legend
Godzilla Vs Kong this week!!!

Mortal Kombat April 16th!!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Squires #1855536 03/30/21 08:31 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Squires
if you like non-fiction they have a mini-series on Chernobyl.
That was excellent.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Swish #1856011 04/02/21 01:41 PM
S
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
S
To me the new Godzilla vs Kong was....ok.

Without spoilers I just was expecting more I guess...to many plot holes or "human" moments that made me scratch my head.

D
Legend
Legend
D

Without spoilers I just was expecting more I guess...to many plot holes or "human" moments that made me scratch my head.

So you're okay with skyscraper-sized apes and lizards, but "plot holes" and "human moments" stepped all over your suspension of disbelief? Too funny.

Dave #1856080 04/02/21 07:43 PM
S
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
S
Well yeah!! rofl

D
Legend
Legend
D
Not making fun of you, but your post reminded me of a comedian I saw on TV talking about going to a Superman movie. He described the guy in front of him in the theater who, after watching Superman fly at supersonic speed, lift up tall buildings with one arm, catch and carry a jetliner falling from the sky, etc, express disbelief when he saw Superman have a bullet bounce off his eyeball. The guy turned to his girlfriend and said (sarcastically), "Yeah, right!". Then the comedian said " So that's where it all fell apart for him.". Hilarious.

T
Legend
Legend
T

Well you know Human moments, (I haven't seen the movie) but imagine, audiences walking into a Godzilla vs. King Kong movie are going to be moved and impressed with something like,
Godzilla shows character development by garnering a better understanding relationship of Mrs. Godzilla's daughter from a previous marriages' overcoming of some "after school level" rite of passage, like learning to fit in with the cool kids while still holding on to a friend from the past, you know,
a human moment.
Or.

Jumping up and down on a bunch of detached garages just to see which way the garage door would fold!
Ya! Go Go Gazerra!
I think, the 2nd one.

Dave #1856169 04/03/21 11:55 AM
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: Dave
Not making fun of you, but your post reminded me of a comedian I saw on TV talking about going to a Superman movie. He described the guy in front of him in the theater who, after watching Superman fly at supersonic speed, lift up tall buildings with one arm, catch and carry a jetliner falling from the sky, etc, express disbelief when he saw Superman have a bullet bounce off his eyeball. The guy turned to his girlfriend and said (sarcastically), "Yeah, right!". Then the comedian said " So that's where it all fell apart for him.". Hilarious.

I see the same thing on Gaming Forums, where someone will complain that a character can run indefinitely while carrying armor and weapons and all kinds of stuff, they says "It's not realistic". Because the goblins, trolls, and guys wiggling fingers that shoot flames are totally realistic. smile

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
S
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
S
Oh well I will keep my thoughts on all this to myself no worries if you watch the movie you might understand a little more about what I was trying to say but I am done with the conversation.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I am sorry - I certainly didn't want to make you feel bad, or stop posting your thoughts. Things strike me as funny some times, and apparently my sense of humor isn't for everyone.

Legend
Legend

sooooo.... is it worth getting HBO max for??

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I loved Godzilla Vs Kong!! HNO max has so much other content to watch as well, but the big movie premieres are worth it, IMO. Mortal Kombat is dropping at the end of the month, so can’t wait for that to drop as well!!

People gotta remember that the human element is why Godzilla even comes out into the public eye in the first place. Without the human element, there would be very little reasons for Godzilla to come out.

Remember, Godzilla originally was a symbol of the dangers of nuclear weapons. Overtime it has morphed into the symbol of humans getting too selfish and overly destructive. Godzilla represents balance, because it doesn’t come out to do what’s best for humans; it comes out to do what’s best for the planet. If the humans just happen to benefit from who/whatever it’s fighting, oh well. That’s why it doesn’t care about destroying buildings or people getting in the way. It is more or less a giant lizard that is the top predator and his highly territorial. Kong has the ability to emotionally attach to human beings like mammals tend to do.

That’s why a little girl that came from the same island as him can have such an affect. Godzilla couldn’t care two craps about the kid, because the kid or the humans were never a priority. Hell, most - if not all- of Godzilla’s interactions with humans have been negative.

But the whole Kaiju universe doesn’t exist without the human presence, simply because these creatures in the modern timeline would even be fighting if it wasn’t for the human element to begin with. Godzilla starting acting the lab because humans decided to try and build a mechagodzilla. And they got the ability from one of Gidorah’s heads. Again, a creature Godzilla only had to fight because humans brought him back out from the ice.

Last edited by Swish; 04/04/21 08:37 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1856361 04/05/21 07:43 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
It was a good watch but I didn't "comic book geek out" on it. I've watched godzilla movies since I was a kid, and I agree with your underlying meanings of the originals but... it was just another godzilla movie to me.

L
Legend
Legend
L
godzilla vs kong was meh for me..I think the story had more room. This could have have been 2:30-2:45 movie and told a little bit more about the whole apex deal. Almost felt like they needed to find a place to put stranger things girl. That whole part of the story didn't really add anything. But it was an enjoyable movie. I think Skull Island was a better watch for me. Maybe because I liked the cast better.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Before you drop HBO Max, check out the documentary, "Class Action Park." It's craaazy . . . It's about infamous water-park, Action Park, in New Jersey.

And I mostly dug the sci-fi series "Raised by Wolves." Only one season, so far.

Godzilla vs Kong had easily the best fight scenes of all these new giant monster movies but my LORD is the plot in between the fights sooo dumb. But mostly dumb in a good, fun way. Sure, I don't expect any Oscars out of it, but please don't waste too much of my time in between monster punching.

Justice League Snyder Cut kind of surprised me. While kind of sloppy and odd at times, it was a major improvement from that theatrical cut and the two DC movies Snyder directed prior. I swear the movie would be like an hour shorter if you took out all the slow motion.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic
Before you drop HBO Max, check out the documentary, "Class Action Park." It's craaazy . . . It's about infamous water-park, Action Park, in New Jersey.

thumbsup

The owner of Action Park was wild. Loved that he just decided to self-fund his own liability insurance coverage when nobody else would write him a policy.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll just say that all of the drama and hand-wringing and endless trailer releases really burned me out on that specific release (Snyder cut). Right now, I feel I could go the rest of my life not watching another DCEU movie.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
DCEU is a major disappointment.

Best movies are the animated ones. It sucks too cause my favorite heroes are in DC but Marvel just makes the movies and shows sooo much fun to watch.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1856717 04/07/21 09:44 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
DCEU vs MCU is a whole topic on its own. Specifically here, the level of hype and online drama behind this re-release was just exhausting.

Last edited by oobernoober; 04/07/21 09:44 AM.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
I enjoy most of the dc movies overall... but marvel movies are sooooo much better

<><

#gmstrong
Swish #1856825 04/07/21 10:04 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Swish
DCEU is a major disappointment.

Best movies are the animated ones. It sucks too cause my favorite heroes are in DC but Marvel just makes the movies and shows sooo much fun to watch.

to me the difference between the DC animated universe and the live action movie is that the movies try too hard to compete with Marvel instead of being true to itself and telling a story for the sake of telling a story. That's why Batman the animated series was sooo bad ass and a lot of the DC stuff on CW was fairly popular.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
Legend
Legend
Y’all need to watch Mortal Kombat right now! Omg what a dope movie it was!!!

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1859504 04/23/21 10:14 PM
Legend
Legend
planning on watching it soon... suckered back into Game of Thrones... I finally broke down and got HBO Max (for Godzilla) and am binging GOT after the wife goes to bed (she doesn't care for violence)

<><

#gmstrong
jaybird #1863687 05/11/21 10:06 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Great two-part documentary that just came out on HBO. Purdue Pharma and the opioid crisis.

Swish #1865253 05/22/21 11:36 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Y’all need to watch Mortal Kombat right now! Omg what a dope movie it was!!!

Finally caught it tonight... bit cheesy at times but overall enjoyed it... lot bloodier than I was expecting... fighting was great though....

Last edited by jaybird; 05/22/21 11:42 PM.

<><

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... HBO Max Movies

Link Copied to Clipboard