Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
honestly of all the cases of police brutality, this one bothered me the most.

i literally felt like that was me right there. it just lets you know that as a minority, you can check all the boxes of "patriotism" and "pride for your country" as much as you want....we'll always be viewed and treated less than equal.

this would never happen to a white officer in the Army. the way they are talking to this LT....seriously this how cops are trained?

or does this training only apply to people of a different skin tone...

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Dude got fired, though I'll bet that's little consolation to the soldier in the video.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Dude got fired, though I'll bet that's little consolation to the soldier in the video.

especially since these cops get fired then head to the next county over and get another job.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
"What's going on? You're fixin' to ride the lighting, son," Gutierrez said, according to the lawsuit and body camera video.

______

like seriously, who the hell talks like that?

dudes who were looking for a reason to act like bad asses, thats who. and found a perfect target.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Power hungry asshat. boo

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yeah, I dunno.... I'd like to think that departments/precincts are starting to catch on to the risk to themselves when they bring in guys with a resume that includes a viral youtube video.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Swish
like seriously, who the hell talks like that?

dudes who were looking for a reason to act like bad asses, thats who. and found a perfect target.

Wanna be Dirty Harry's that were bullied in high school and wearing a chip on their shoulders. Now they have a badge that gives them what they think is the power to act like that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What we have is a textbook example of a failure to communicate and police drawing guns way to early.

Police escalation of a situation that did not require any use of weapons.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

T
Legend
Legend
T
So an Army Officer should have an even better understanding of obeying police commands.

Than, ( a border crosser?), or even the Americans who exist outside of a military command structure. frown

Jesus said there'd be days like this.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, he warned us about people like you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
honestly of all the cases of police brutality, this one bothered me the most.

i literally felt like that was me right there. it just lets you know that as a minority, you can check all the boxes of "patriotism" and "pride for your country" as much as you want....we'll always be viewed and treated less than equal.

this would never happen to a white officer in the Army. the way they are talking to this LT....seriously this how cops are trained?

or does this training only apply to people of a different skin tone...

I have been pulled over a few times as an adult and I have never been treated like this... not even close.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Stepping back for a moment and trying to look at it in a cold and logical manner.

I can understand the officers adopting a more aggressive posture if someone doesn't pull over in a timely manner and then refuses to leave the vehicle. So I guess I can understand opening things up with guns at the ready. What is inexcusable (imo) is their escalating of the situation and refusal to de-escalate. I don't see why, if someone can show that they're not a threat to the officers and not a threat to take off (which this guy was doing non-stop once he pulled over and stopped the vehicle), why they aren't supposed to start chilling out. I thought I read that he took his time in pulling over, but it looks like he's at a gas station. Is it really so egregious for a black dude to wait until he gets to a more public (and well-lit) place before pulling over? Hell, I've driven a little longer than I was comfortable with the flashy flashies behind me just so I could get to a side street or parking lot.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I actually think a black man in our society would be making a terrible choice if he didn't find a well lit public place to pull over.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Sometimes, circumstance makes this impossible.

I can't begin to tell you how terrifying it is on those occasions.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

Oh please! GMAFB

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's easy to dismiss something you have never experienced by ignoring the experiences of others.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
disgusting.... the cop should never be allowed to be a cop again... no reason he couldn't de-escalate that situation... the guy was clearly no threat and amazingly stayed calm the entire time.... just unreal...

<><

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It's easy to dismiss something you have never experienced by ignoring the experiences of others.

You know the dance.
He’s never experienced racism... so there is no racism.
It rained in his town... there is no drought in Africa.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty

Oh please! GMAFB

No smack talk this time, even though that's kind of our thing. This issue is too important.

When I was 12, My Father sat me down to give me The Talk. How to behave when interacting with police. At least a couple times per year I'd get The Talk again. When I started driver training at 16, I got the revised version: license/reg on dash, open glove box, turn on dome light during a night stop, hands at 10 & 2, no sudden movements, yes sir/no sir. And yes, it's good advice for anyone, but for young men who don't look like you, it's essential training. Absolutely essential.

The video at the top of this thread is exactly why our fathers give us this lesson. It happens more often than you would ever think.

And by the way- My Father wore the badge for 30 years. Inspector: Uniform Division. One slot below Chief. So if he saw the need to educate his son, don't you think there might be a good reason?

I wasn't lying. Fight/flight response kicks in the instant those lights start flashing, and the adrenaline stays in the system for at least a half-hour afterward. Dry mouth, control your breathing, metallic taste in the back of the throat...

It's awful. Every time. And you might think that I'd have gotten used to it, since I was pulled over at least 2-3 times a year from the time I bought my first car until I was in my 30's... but you'd be wrong.

O
Legend
Legend
O
To be fair, my buddy back in college had to explain to me like 3 times (because I didn't believe him) why he couldn't go into Little Italy (CWRU campus) to grab some food. I honestly, at that point, just didn't believe that that kind of thing was still going on.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O

Oh please! GMAFB

I bet a real man like you craps his pants every time he passes a black teen in a hoodie... You make me sick. I still find it hard to believe you ever served. It's a shame we can't really give people like you the "watermelon man" treatment and make you black while you sleep so you can wake up to a new reality... Don't bother replying because I won't read another damn thing from you.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Oh please! GMAFB

No smack talk this time, even though that's kind of our thing. This issue is too important.

When I was 12, My Father sat me down to give me The Talk. How to behave when interacting with police. At least a couple times per year I'd get The Talk again. When I started driver training at 16, I got the revised version: license/reg on dash, open glove box, turn on dome light during a night stop, hands at 10 & 2, no sudden movements, yes sir/no sir. And yes, it's good advice for anyone, but for young men who don't look like you, it's essential training. Absolutely essential.

The video at the top of this thread is exactly why our fathers give us this lesson. It happens more often than you would ever think.

And by the way- My Father wore the badge for 30 years. Inspector: Uniform Division. One slot below Chief. So if he saw the need to educate his son, don't you think there might be a good reason?

I wasn't lying. Fight/flight response kicks in the instant those lights start flashing, and the adrenaline stays in the system for at least a half-hour afterward. Dry mouth, control your breathing, metallic taste in the back of the throat...

It's awful. Every time. And you might think that I'd have gotten used to it, since I was pulled over at least 2-3 times a year from the time I bought my first car until I was in my 30's... but you'd be wrong.

OK, no smack. Have you ever had a problem since the talk. Ihad the same talk and always was polite. Most of the time I knew I was in the wrong.

There was one cowboy cop in Mansfield at the time who gave everybody a hard time. Nobody I knew refused to answer questions or refused to get out of the car or resisted in any way. If you did you got you're ass beat.

M
Legend
Legend
M
since I was pulled over at least 2-3 times a year from the time I bought my first car until I was in my 30's...

An experience glossed over by many here no doubt and something utterly unrelatable to most / all of us? I've been pulled over 7 or 8 times in my lifetime ... always for speeding. I'll go out on a limb and suggest that 99% of the time you got stopped you were not speeding.

Last edited by mgh888; 04/12/21 03:47 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Have you ever had a problem since the talk.

A couple times. I know I've talked about one of those events some years ago. It was dicey as hell, and I really thought it might have been my last day. I'll see if I can find it. Don't feel like reliving it by hanging out out again on a keyboard.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Pretty pitiful.

I don't know why the guy was pulled over. Someone said he drove a ways to pull over, and the Lt. wasn't exactly cooperative, BUT, there was no reason to spray the guy.

WTH??

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Pretty pitiful.

I don't know why the guy was pulled over. Someone said he drove a ways to pull over, and the Lt. wasn't exactly cooperative, BUT, there was no reason to spray the guy.

WTH??
Pulled over for no license plate visible. He had a 30 day tag taped to the inside of the back window though. Fairly common occurrence with paper 30 day tags imo.

When the lights went on, Nazario was concerned about stopping on a dark road. He slowed down, put his flashers on, and went about a mile, to a gas station. He was not fleeing. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/10/us/caron-nazario-windsor-police-virginia.html

Only other thing he could've done was call 911 and tell them he had a cop behind him, lights on, and he would pull over at the first well lit area. (I've even told my daughter to do this very thing.)

Here's the video, but first, remember, he was pulled over for no visible tag. Seems to me the cops went a 'little' over board for a 'no visible tag' violation, especially when, sitting at the gas station, you can see the temp. tag in the window.

As for the rest of the story, he didn't (edited to add - I lost my train of thought I guess), he didn't do anything to deserve getting sprayed.

Last edited by archbolddawg; 04/12/21 07:36 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Why is a missing tag a felony? By the way, it was not missing, it was in the back window under tinted glass.

That is what the officer stated.

In addition there were conflicting instructions and statements that officers made that only made things worse.

You better be... ride the lightning, which is a reference to the electric chair.

Last edited by ChargerDawg; 04/12/21 07:44 PM. Reason: clarification on missing tag

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Pretty pitiful.

WTH??
Pulled over for no license plate visible. He had a 30 day tag taped to the inside of the back window though. Fairly common occurrence with paper 30 day tags imo.

When the lights went on, Nazario was concerned about stopping on a dark road. He slowed down, put his flashers on, and went about a mile, to a gas station. He was not fleeing. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/10/us/caron-nazario-windsor-police-virginia.html

Only other thing he could've done was call 911 and tell them he had a cop behind him, lights on, and he would pull over at the first well lit area. (I've even told my daughter to do this very thing.)

Here's the video, but first, remember, he was pulled over for no visible tag. Seems to me the cops went a 'little' over board for a 'no visible tag' violation, especially when, sitting at the gas station, you can see the temp. tag in the window.

As for the rest of the story, he didn't

So black people are now obligated to call 911 and tell them they’re being pulled over?

What? Why is it that people are somehow expected to act more calm and rational, yet those actually paid and trained to do so are given a pass for trash behavior?

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Pretty pitiful.

WTH??

As for the rest of the story, he didn't

So black people are now obligated to call 911 and tell them they’re being pulled over?
Did I say that? No. And perhaps in your rush to make me look bad, you ignored what I've told my daughter. She's white, by the way, since color matters to you.

What I SAID was, the only OTHER thing he could've done.....let's face it, the police don't KNOW your intention if you don't pull over.

But, since you are trying to play the color thing, it was night. The cops had no idea the color of the driver.

Quote:

What? Why is it that people are somehow expected to act more calm and rational, yet those actually paid and trained to do so are given a pass for trash behavior?

I give up, swish. I truly, truly give up.

Legend
Legend
So you telling me that when you taught your daughter to drive, one of the lessons you gave her was to call 911 if she ever got pulled over by the cops.

And let’s be clear here: you’d never tell your daughter that because it’s something she will NEVER have to worry about.

And the best you got is more or less “it was dark outside”. Somehow it being dark didn’t stop them from acting like they was getting ready to arrest somebody on the FBI most wanted list.

That was completely irrational behavior by the cops with zero justifications whatsoever.

I can not be the only person on this board who thinks anybody having to call 911 when they’re about to be pulled over by the cops is absolutely insane. If that ain’t a clear cut sign of a broken system, I dunno what is.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
So you telling me that when you taught your daughter to drive, one of the lessons you gave her was to call 911 if she ever got pulled over by the cops.

No, that's NOT what I'm saying. AT ALL. Damn.

What I HAVE told her, and my wife is, if it's dark, no other traffic, etc around - just you and a car with flashing lights, call 911 and tell them you will stop at the closest well lit, public place. Period.

And, why would she never have to worry about something like that? Very curious as to your thinking there.

Pretty sure I know though.

Legend
Legend
It’s obvious why.

My daughters won’t have to go through any nonsense like this either. And we all know why, cause they pass as white girls. I know exactly how the game operates. My wife or daughters would never have to worry about randomly being pulled over and treated as a criminal like I had to. Not will yours.

And hey, that’s a great thing. But it doesn’t change the fact that your kid isn’t gonna be treated like this black/Latino LT was.

"What's going on? You're fixin' to ride the lighting, son,"

You know damn well no cop would ever say some nonsense like that to your kid. Just stop it already. And you know damn well you wouldn’t immediately call 911 if they started pulling you over.

It says something about the system that others are expected to behave and operate just simply based on how they look. And the cops absolutely treated him like like they were looking for any reason to act like some action flick.

Arch, they don’t even pepper spray little white girls who fight the cops in the middle of the night cause of a DUI. Stop acting as if this is somehow normal.

Unless of course you do think this is normal cop behavior.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Im a white girl. I got pulled over and searched and had a gun on me, on base. I didnt do anything wrong.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Im a white girl. I got pulled over and searched and had a gun on me, on base. I didnt do anything wrong.

Did you get pepper sprayed and threatened to be sent to the electric chair?

Did you also call 911 when the lights came on?

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E

No, but your assertion that white females dont have to deal with police being aggressive has no merit. They had no probable cause to search my car. I was cooperating, there was no reason to put a gun on me.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

No, but your assertion that white females dont have to deal with police being aggressive has no merit. They had no probable cause to search my car. I was cooperating, there was no reason to put a gun on me.

So wait....you didn’t get pepper sprayed, assaulted, or threatened with death, despite having a gun on you?

God I wish I had that level of privilege. That level of freedom must be easy to take for granted.

- Theodore Roosevelt
E
Legend
Legend
E
Do tell us when was the last time you got pepper sprayed, assaulted, or threatened with death by the police.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
I would like to have an intelligent conversation about this case - but I can see you don't want to. That is fine.

I shall try 1 last time: Not pulling over for a police officer that has his/her lights on is a crime. THAT is why, regardless of one's color, you call 911 and say "a cop is behind me, but we're in the middle of no where and I'm not comfortable pulling over here. Please let the officer know. I've slowed down, my flashers are on."

And, at night, a cop doesn't know the color of the person he's pulling over.

Sorry I even tried to defend the guy. I had no idea the conversation would go this way.

Legend
Legend
Lol you know how many times they threatened to shoot me while they were pulling me over constantly back when I was stationed in Oklahoma? It was so bad my commander went to have a conversation with Lawton PD. They had me in cuffs sitting on the side of the street while in uniform searching my car for drugs.

Again, you had a gun on you. And nothing bad happened.

Do you have any idea what would’ve happened to me if they found a gun in my car?

Those cops in this video would’ve shot that military officer if they found a gun on him. Stop acting like you gotta deal with that level of police brutality and harassment. You don’t.

The fact that you and Arch on here trying to rationalize that horrible interaction is straight up sad.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus 'Disgusting’: Police officer fired after threatening Black Army officer at traffic stop

Link Copied to Clipboard