Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
Legend
Legend
E
I didnt have a gun in my car. I meant they were aiming their gun at me. A machine gun. From a tree stand.

It was ridiculous. I literally did nothing wrong.

So stop saying white people dont have to deal with it, because we do.

Youre going to have a melt down when your white-looking daughters get pulled over.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Nah cause I know they’ll be fine.

They won’t have to worry about... what was it, "What's going on? You're fixin' to ride the lighting, son,"

^^^^ who talks like that, Eve?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
[quote=Swish

The fact that you and Arch on here trying to rationalize that horrible interaction is straight up sad. [/quote]

This is the problem with you, and a few others on here. You make stuff up to fit YOUR belief.

No where did I try to rationalize that interaction. No where. RIF.

E
Legend
Legend
E
To be honest, nobody talks like that.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sorry Swish, but I went back and read arch's response and I have to say that it was neutral.

I think you were looking for something that did not exist.

I don't think that anyone would have the composure to call 911 while traveling to a lighted place. I think that it is prudent safety.

The cops got all hopped up and pulled the guns and escalated the situation. They also had a couple of miles to identify the temporary plate.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Infuriating!

Seems like the cops don't know how to have a civil conversation. That older one with glasses needs to be brought up on charges. I almost lost it when he started with his little knee jibs.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
once he got to the lit area how did the cops miss the temporary tags?

They should have noticed them and then once he pulled over the cops should have said, hey we pulled you over because we couldn't see your plates at night with the tent... please move them to the back and have a nice night... no way it should have escalated like it did....

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Give it up, Swish.

There isn't a single one of them who has ever experienced:

1. Hands on hood/pat down... for a basic traffic stop.
2. "Pop the trunk. You fit the description..."
3. "Any 'colored' (read: "n-word") with a car this nice musta got it by selling drugs. Am I gonna find drugs in your car, boy?"
4. "Grab some curb"... as my Triumph 1500's trunk was tossed yet another time.

....so they can't possibly understand what Life In America has been like for Browns Fans like You and I.
We try to tell them in forums like this, but they simply cannot/will not hear us.

I no longer waste my time.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Thank you both for finding the muster to share harrowing experiences; they find ears told beyond this very web address and they have changed minds.

Grateful to both of you that people in my own life can hear your stories, and then they sit and reflect on them. You both change hearts and minds beyond this digital space.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Don't lump us all in that mess.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Im a white girl. I got pulled over and searched and had a gun on me, on base. I didnt do anything wrong.

Did you get pepper sprayed and threatened to be sent to the electric chair?

Did you also call 911 when the lights came on?

Getting the electric chair may have been used in the past, but today, my thinking is that riding the lightening, in the context of this is more about getting tazed.

Not good by any means, but that is how I interpret that comment.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Give it up, Swish.

3. "Any 'colored' (read: "n-word") with a car this nice musta got it by selling drugs. Am I gonna find drugs in your car, boy?"

....so they can't possibly understand what Life In America has been like for Browns Fans like You and I.
We try to tell them in forums like this, but they simply cannot/will not hear us.

You aren't wasting your time. It makes a difference. You can't change or open up everyone's minds and the most closed minds here on dawgtalkewrs are often the one's here that try to explain away, enable, rationalize and normalize behavior that should simply be rejected by everyone.

Hey - maybe we are making progress? We didn't hear someone pull out the worn out troupe about how many crimes minorities are responsible for and how hard being a police officer is.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Oh yea, and some kid got shot and killed by a cop who “accidentally” pulled out her gun instead of the taser.

Can’t wait to see the excuses for that one.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well, you know, it's easily confusible with one being bright yellow and the other being black...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
They have no idea bro. They are the reason racism exists. They were taught it by a system that embraces it. By their parents. By our teachers. By our police and by military leaders. It’s systemic and will not go away until we stop teaching it, period. We were not born this way.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Im a white girl. I got pulled over and searched and had a gun on me, on base. I didnt do anything wrong.

Did you get pepper sprayed and threatened to be sent to the electric chair?

Did you also call 911 when the lights came on?

Getting the electric chair may have been used in the past, but today, my thinking is that riding the lightening, in the context of this is more about getting tazed.

Not good by any means, but that is how I interpret that comment.

It’s a reference to killing. In other words “You’re going to die” for driving a mile to a lit gas station for safety purposes.

– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't know.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Give it up, Swish.

Untrue, in my case.

Your #1 has happened to me
Your #2 happened, same time.
Your #4 happened - but it wasn't the curb - it was the back seat of the Tenn. Highway Patrol.

Your #3 - while not due to the color of my skin - also happened at the same stop.

The reason the trooper gave? "You were going 74 in a 60." (blatant lie - I was following a friend who had been in Arkansas with me at the same time - for job training. We were going 63 in a 60).

As I sat in the back seat I saw another trooper pull up at a high rate of speed and slam his brakes on.

The trooper in the front seat THEN asked for my license. Questioned me as to where I'd been, and where I was going, and asked if I had anything of value in the car and "care if I check?" I gave him permission, then watched him search the car, and the trunk. Whole time I'm in the backseat crapping myself because he could've pulled anything out of his pocket and framed me.

He found nothing, because there was nothing - came back, opened the door, and let me go. No ticket for the false 74 in a 60, no written warning - no nothing.

So, while it's only happened to me once, it HAS happened to me.

Now, I'm sure others will poo poo this and say I'm lying, or making a big deal out of nothing, or whatever. I don't care.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Give it up, Swish.

It's a shame that you are targeted by profiling.

The fact is that profiling is done in all walks of life. I wish we could change that, but I doubt we can.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
And that's sort of the problem here. The entire, "It happened to me once" isn't the same thing as a lifetime of such treatment. It's not the same thing as it happening to you often. It's not the same thing as expecting it as what's normal rather than the exception. I understand that some people just don't get it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
And that's sort of the problem here. The entire, "It happened to me once" isn't the same thing as a lifetime of such treatment. It's not the same thing as it happening to you often. It's not the same thing as expecting it as what's normal rather than the exception. I understand that some people just don't get it.

I think most reasonable people get it.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
On would certainly hope so but I think the word "reasonable" means different things to different people.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A

I understand all of that. I was responding to this statement:
Quote:

And, I find these statements I made pertinent to this post:
Quote:
So, while it's only happened to me once, it HAS happened to me.

Now, I'm sure others will poo poo this and say I'm lying, or making a big deal out of nothing, or whatever. I don't care.

Legend
Legend
Oh yea, and some kid got shot and killed by a cop who “accidentally” pulled out her gun instead of the taser.

Can’t wait to see the excuses for that one.

The excuse is there. Her chief got on TV and said it was an accidental discharge. I'll argue that there is no such thing.
There are only 2 types of firearm discharge:

1) Intentional

2) Negligent

At the very least, this was negligent homicide.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
I really didn't intend to dismiss or minimize your experience. I was simply pointing out that we have people in our society that experience this more often and expect it to be the rule instead of the exception to the rule.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
So you telling me that when you taught your daughter to drive, one of the lessons you gave her was to call 911 if she ever got pulled over by the cops.

And let’s be clear here: you’d never tell your daughter that because it’s something she will NEVER have to worry about.

And the best you got is more or less “it was dark outside”. Somehow it being dark didn’t stop them from acting like they was getting ready to arrest somebody on the FBI most wanted list.

That was completely irrational behavior by the cops with zero justifications whatsoever.

I can not be the only person on this board who thinks anybody having to call 911 when they’re about to be pulled over by the cops is absolutely insane. If that ain’t a clear cut sign of a broken system, I dunno what is.

Just a comment on your last sentence. There was a period of time, about 4 months here, where some creep had a Crown Vic and put lights on it, and would pull over women after dark. They finally caught him, but even the police were telling them to call 911 to see if the car/officer behind them is legit, and to go to a public well lit location.

So it's not always that the system is broken, but sometimes it just because society is broken.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
So you telling me that when you taught your daughter to drive, one of the lessons you gave her was to call 911 if she ever got pulled over by the cops.

And let’s be clear here: you’d never tell your daughter that because it’s something she will NEVER have to worry about.

And the best you got is more or less “it was dark outside”. Somehow it being dark didn’t stop them from acting like they was getting ready to arrest somebody on the FBI most wanted list.

That was completely irrational behavior by the cops with zero justifications whatsoever.

I can not be the only person on this board who thinks anybody having to call 911 when they’re about to be pulled over by the cops is absolutely insane. If that ain’t a clear cut sign of a broken system, I dunno what is.

Just a comment on your last sentence. There was a period of time, about 4 months here, where some creep had a Crown Vic and put lights on it, and would pull over women after dark. They finally caught him, but even the police were telling them to call 911 to see if the car/officer behind them is legit, and to go to a public well lit location.

So it's not always that the system is broken, but sometimes it just because society is broken.

You do realize the system is setup and run by our society. Just saying.

– Jackie Robinson
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

You do realize I replied with more than one sentence, which would give reference to the comment about society?

pfft...

Legend
Legend

You do realize I replied with more than one sentence, which would give reference to the comment about society?

pfft...

rofl ok

– Jackie Robinson
F
Legend
Legend
F

pfft...

rofl ok

rofl right on.

Legend
Legend
I get that FF but those tend to be so rare compared to the frequent police brutality incidents with minorities. That’s why I don’t understand trying to correlate something that’s rare and creepy with something that’s unfortunately fairly common as a reason to downplay what happened.

We got cops “accidentally” pulling a firearm instead of a taser, despite being on the force for how many years?

We got cops talking like tough guy extras on some watered down cop show. And it’s so much more likely to have these sort of cops in these cases in interactions with minorities that somebody going “well this one time back in the day” just seem like a deflection of sorts.

I’m not trying to be rude about it here FF but the idea of having to call 911 in the cops pull you over is just insanity. The idea that you gotta be worried about a tough guy in law enforcement threatening your life over a tag he couldn’t see is insanity.

I’m done with the justifications and excuses and understanding honestly. We either need to admit as a society that law enforcement isn’t there to protect and serve, but enforce and punish, or we need to admit that the current system is broken and needs restructuring.

America is clearly back to normal now, overall. Police brutality, mass shootings, conservatives calling everything that moves commie or socialist, and record gains on the stock market.

Yay.

- Theodore Roosevelt
F
Legend
Legend
F
I get that FF but those tend to be so rare compared to the frequent police brutality incidents with minorities. That’s why I don’t understand trying to correlate something that’s rare and creepy with something that’s unfortunately fairly common as a reason to downplay what happened.

We got cops “accidentally” pulling a firearm instead of a taser, despite being on the force for how many years?

We got cops talking like tough guy extras on some watered down cop show. And it’s so much more likely to have these sort of cops in these cases in interactions with minorities that somebody going “well this one time back in the day” just seem like a deflection of sorts.

I’m not trying to be rude about it here FF but the idea of having to call 911 in the cops pull you over is just insanity. The idea that you gotta be worried about a tough guy in law enforcement threatening your life over a tag he couldn’t see is insanity.

I’m done with the justifications and excuses and understanding honestly. We either need to admit as a society that law enforcement isn’t there to protect and serve, but enforce and punish, or we need to admit that the current system is broken and needs restructuring.

America is clearly back to normal now, overall. Police brutality, mass shootings, conservatives calling everything that moves commie or socialist, and record gains on the stock market.

Yay.

I wasn't downplaying it. I was merely pointing out that calling 911, or directly to the police if possible is becoming more increasingly necessary, if not only to let them know you are getting to a public area. If it's 1 block away, it's probably not a big deal, but if you have to drive another mile or 2, it would be helpful to the officer to know as well.

It sucks that it has come to that, but it's the world we live in.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He did turn his hazard lights on to try and show them he was aware they were there. I think that was a reasonable way to indicate to them he was planning to pull over. I do not think it's in any way reasonable to have expected him to take further measures.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Yay.

Post of the day.
Time to close this thread.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Live Updates: Former Brooklyn Center officer who killed Daunte Wright facing manslaughter charge

A White former police officer is facing a criminal charge for fatally shooting a Black man during a traffic stop, prosecutors said Wednesday. Former Brooklyn Center police officer Kim Potter will be charged with second-degree manslaughter for the death of Daunte Wright, Washington County Attorney Pete Orput announced, according to CBS Minnesota.

Potter, a 26-year veteran who killed Wright, 20, resigned on Tuesday, along with the city's police chief, officials said.

Wright's killing has sparked nights of protests and more than 60 arrests were made overnight following clashes with law enforcement, CBS Minnesota reported.

On Monday, Police Chief Tim Gannon said Potter meant to use her Taser but instead grabbed her gun. The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension is investigating the fatal shooting.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-updates/dau...ion-2021-04-14/

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
First of all: Good.

Secondly: Who didn't see this coming? The chief even said she mistakenly grabbed her gun instead of taser, and I believe she said, and was recorded at the scene as saying "Oh my God, I shot him."

P
Legend
Legend
P
What amazes me is that a 26 year police veteran can't tell the difference between holding a gun and holding a tazor. The weight and feel of the two are totally different.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
What amazes me is that a 26 year police veteran can't tell the difference between holding a gun and holding a tazor. The weight and feel of the two are totally different.

So now you are an expert on tazers?

I suppose I agree, but in the heat of the moment you don't know how you would react or possibly they do feel similar.

You know me....what sparked her being in such a hurry to grab for her tazor, be it a gun?

She obviously didn't have time to look, at least in her mind.

I don't know. Seems like poor planning IMO. Why in the world would you holster the two so close together to even have this possibly happen?

To me, a tazer is something you pull when you have some time..like trying to talk down a non-compliant individual. She obviously didn't have a weapon drawn before she pulled and killed the guy.

Just seems to me it would be wise to holster your gun where you want, and keep the taser on the other hip or on the vest, not in the same basic hand position as your service weapon.

If I was a cop, this would be a good case for not even carrying a taser. I know we want non-lethal methods used when possible, but we sure don't want mistakes like this. When in a crisis situation, you don't have time to fumble around feeling for which is which or time to look. You are very likely dead if you do that. In this case, she pulled the wrong dang weapon.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

If I was a cop, this would be a good case for not even carrying a taser. I know we want non-lethal methods used when possible, but we sure don't want mistakes like this.
I was following along until this part....

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
A
Legend
Legend
A
I'm pretty sure the chief of the Brooklyn Center PD said in a press thing that "We have the gun on the officers strong hand side, and the taser on the opposite side."

Meaning, for a right handed cop, gun holstered on right hip, taser on left hip.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus 'Disgusting’: Police officer fired after threatening Black Army officer at traffic stop

Link Copied to Clipboard