Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
If it does I like either one of these three:

1. Christian Barmore - May need to move up for him
2. Levi Onwuzurike - Could trade down a little and still get him
3. Dayvion Nixon - See Above

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Yes, it absolutely does.

I'm all-in on Nixon.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Yes, it absolutely does.

I'm all-in on Nixon.

I like Nixon lot ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Yes, it absolutely does.

I'm all-in on Nixon.

I like Nixon a lot ...

P
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
[quote=PastorMarc][quote=PrplPplEater] Yes, it absolutely does.

I'm all-in on Nixon.

I like Nixon a lot

C
Legend
Legend
C
[quote=PastorMarc][quote=PrplPplEater] Yes, it absolutely does.

I'm all-in on Nixon.

I like Nixon a lot

You don’t say.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Maybe, not not necessarily in the 1st round.

Think of it this way. Jackson is Richardsons replacement, Clowney and Takk are Vernons replacement with Clowney filling in inside.

So really, we need to be looking for a Ogun replacement. I don't think we need to use a 1st rounder to find Oguns replacement. He was just a dime a dozen DT. We probably already have him in Jordon Elliott.

I think people are getting confused because we signed Jackson before signing Clowney and releasing Richardson when we did. Clowney isn't replacing Richardson. Jackson is replacing Richardson.

Get that out of your heads.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
No, Jackson was Ogunjobi's replacement. We now have a hole at the starting DT spot.
Billings has been out of football for a year and is a question mark.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not even close. I think we will draft the BPA.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Legend
Legend
B
No, Jackson was Ogunjobi's replacement. We now have a hole at the starting DT spot.
Billings has been out of football for a year and is a question mark.

In your mind maybe, but the facts associated with today say different. Beside Billings, we have Elliott with a season under his belt, and that doesn't count anybody we might draft.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Move to draft forum?

Legend
Legend

Takk replaced Clayborn. Clowney replaced Vernon.

Jackson, Billings, and Elliott will rotate.

But we will add another tackle. Cut player, draft or maybe Sheldon returns for less after testing the market.

The draft will not be affected. They will still honor their Board. BPA of corners, linebackers, and defensive linemen.

Will take the top ranked guy from those positions. IMO

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This is my speculation. I'd target the best outside corner available with our first pick. I would look seriously at a few 2nd round players that I might consider including Nixon. If we go DE in round two then I"m using my two third-round picks to get the IDL player who best fits what we want. I wouldn't be surprised if Barry also looks for another Vincent Jackson type of UDFA.

T
Legend
Legend
T
No.

Jordan Elliott.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I liked Shelton too but he isn't that hard to replace. He is solid not great making great money. For that money he wasn't gonna stay on our roster. The rumors was trueand he was let go. Who knows if they tried to restructure?? Maybe so maybe not.
He isnt gonna get 12m no where else either.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Deepsouthdawg
I liked Shelton too but he isn't that hard to replace. He is solid not great making great money. For that money he wasn't gonna stay on our roster. The rumors was trueand he was let go. Who knows if they tried to restructure?? Maybe so maybe not.
He isnt gonna get 12m no where else either.

Agreed. He wasn't worth $12M and won't get it elsewhere. For that reason, I wonder if this is a legitimate parting of ways or not.

The last two years, the Browns have allowed Higgins to test the free agent waters - only for him to return when the money he wanted wasn't out there.

If the Browns did want Richardson to take a reduced salary and he wasn't willing, I wonder if Berry perhaps still has interest if they money he's offered on the market now matches what the Browns were willing to spend.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We have to assume this is game of chess, and not checkers,

Sashi has earned it.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Shelton was on the last year of his contract. Billings and Jackson are on 1 year contracts.
Even if we had kept Richardson, we still had need to draft a DT with one of our 1st 4 round picks.

Last edited by Jester; 04/17/21 07:06 AM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Jester
Shelton was on the last year of his contract. Billings and Jackson are on 1 year contracts.
Even if we had kept Richardson, we still had need to draft a DT with one of our 1st 4 round picks.

And Billings might be a guy we want to extend in mid season. Richardson didn't fit any long term plan.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I know Elliot had all of 15 tackles last season . 6 solo and 9 assists.. How many snaps did he play ? anyone . anyone ?

M
Legend
Legend
M

Avg- about 19/gm

Tackles are tackles.
All Pro
All Pro
307 total (mostly the 2nd half of the season).

Richardson played 799
Ogunjobi played 643

Malik Jackson played 538 in 15 games with 6 starts (he hasn't been particularly healthy since 2017/2018)

At the moment, it's between Billings (657 snaps in 2019) and Elliott to replace/improve on Ogunjobi. I still look at Jackson as a 3rd DT/Big End for the rotation, but I guess we'll see how healthy he is and what the draft holds.

In theory, depending on how often we have 3 DE's out there, we will have to generate 1950-ish total DT snaps over 17 games between 2 DT's.

Not sure if the 3 guys we have can play more than 500-600 each situationally. We definitely are short a guy, but it's April.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
V
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
V
This seems like a solid draft for DTs. I don't see any top 5-10 guys gut there seems to be some quality guys anywhere from late 1 to the 4th round.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
It was before we released him. We had 3 DT that are at the end of their contracts this season. Now 2 because Richardson is gone.

I'm not saying we draft one in round 1 (to me that is BPA), but I do expect us to draft 2 DTs in the draft

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
I know Elliot had all of 15 tackles last season . 6 solo and 9 assists.. How many snaps did he play ? anyone . anyone ?

Going forward you can find this kind of information on any player on one site.

https://www.sisdatahub.com/players/7655

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thank you !

Legend
Legend
J/c

How did Elliot end up grading last year? At one point I saw he had a pretty poor grade (FWIW) in the middle of the year

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
Bottom line, Neither
Elliott
Billings, Ogunjobi, (the prospect of Malik Jackson )
or
Danny Shelton?

were as good as Sheldon Richardson, at this point.

It's not a game of Chess or Checkers.

It's a game of Chicken, and the Browns just swerved.

Since we know, that Billings is not as good as Sheldon Richardson,
dominant, and a run stopper,

then if someone wants to sign Billings long term and is happy Richardson left, then I don't know if they hope the Browns win a super bowl, or if the Browns are doing everything they can, to win a Super Bowl.

Since I love the Browns winning, I want them to have the best players.
Not lock up lesser versions to longer contracts.

I don't care if the Browns are profitiable.
I want them to Win!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I guess a lot of it depends how often we are in in a true 4 down Lineman set. we run so many variations and have been talking about using 3 DEs .. they probably figured they could save the 12 million on Richardson. Even with Obenjobi gone, we still have a lot of D Linemen, and this is before the draft...

The Cleveland Browns - WE KNOW QUARTERBACKS ( Look at how many we've had ... )
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: clwb419
It was before we released him. We had 3 DT that are at the end of their contracts this season. Now 2 because Richardson is gone.

I'm not saying we draft one in round 1 (to me that is BPA), but I do expect us to draft 2 DTs in the draft

I see that as possible.

My thinking is we will draft 1 then grab a camp cut player to finish out the D-line. That is if we don't add another Dt type FA sometime before now and camp.

Also forgot to mention...we have some picks to play with. We also have the possibility of trading a 3rd or 4th round pick for a tackle if there is one to be had that we like.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
The #26 pick should be used to take the best D player available IMO. We can pick up a veteran DT when cuts are made and draft one possibly in the 2nd or 3rd round. A player like J. Davis or Z. Collins to name 2 would be too good to pass up at 26.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Halfback32
I guess a lot of it depends how often we are in in a true 4 down Lineman set. we run so many variations and have been talking about using 3 DEs .. they probably figured they could save the 12 million on Richardson. Even with Obenjobi gone, we still have a lot of D Linemen, and this is before the draft...

Great. Then there is no reason we won't be better this year. That is the goal after all. Improving. So as long as they "figured" correctly there is no problem. If, on the other hand, teams run the ball down our throat and we can't stop anyone? Well, the front office will be changing again. You take gambles like this and win? No one cares that SR is gone. You take chances like this and the team suffers for it? Heads roll. So I don't care who they get to replace Sheldon Richardson, that person better be an improvement. He better play great. Or I want someone fired for it. I am SO tired of seeing this team let someone go and replace them with LESS. That is not acceptable anymore. Draft, trade, whatever... You made a hole, now you better fill it or plan on someone else being in YOUR spot next year.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c,

--Jordan Elliott's rookie
"Check the tape"

https://youtu.be/TtCC6KOX6lI

[Linked Image]

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
The #26 pick should be used to take the best D player available IMO. We can pick up a veteran DT when cuts are made and draft one possibly in the 2nd or 3rd round. A player like J. Davis or Z. Collins to name 2 would be too good to pass up at 26.

It will probably work that way, but I wouldn't be as rigid as to say the 1st rounder has to be a defensive player.

BPA is BPA. The draft is more about the future then it is about today. Soon enough we are going to need to replace Bitonio and Treeter, as well as one of Landry or OBJ...possibly both. If we want to stay away from having big holes in the roster, we need to stay ahead of the curve. Good teams aren't consistently expecting to insert rookies in to the starting lineup and remain good teams.

That said, again, I'd say there is probably a 90%+ chance we go on the defensive side of the ball just the way the boards are looking at this point. I just bring this up to keep it out there that if we do select on the offensive side of the ball, it isn't a foolish selection....unless it's a foolish pick. grin

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
No.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Sorry couldn't stay awake....lol laugh

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum So Does This Release of Richardson Make DT Top Priority?

Link Copied to Clipboard