Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
It's supposed to be like 10 times worse on the environment than virtually any other computing endeavor.

Here’s some info related to the energy consumption. This is also why I’m a huge XRP guy. It’s the future.

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
A little more info…

https://mobile.twitter.com/KCKingdom5/status/1392642223066472448

XRP people. XRP. It’s vying to be the ‘world currency’. Stack your dimes next to the big guy’s dollars and ride it up.

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
A little more info…

https://mobile.twitter.com/KCKingdom5/status/1392642223066472448

XRP people. XRP. It’s vying to be the ‘world currency’. Stack your dimes next to the big guy’s dollars and ride it up.

I'm definitely going to invest. It sucks that I will need a secondary platform, as Binance does not offer it yet.

Legend
Legend
I am thinking about tossing $50-100 into one of these and just forgetting about it. Any suggestions?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Use Uphold. It’s so easy. It also allows you to trade anything for anything. Meaning you don’t have to convert ETH to some other coin before buying the coin you want. Or other such nonsense. It’s where I hold my XRP, ZIL, and ADA.

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I am thinking about tossing $50-100 into one of these and just forgetting about it. Any suggestions?

See my most recent posts.
If you’re looking to take a flyer on some super random gamble coin like Shiba I’d advise against it until you have some money invested in some real coins. Otherwise you might as well buy $50-100 worth of Powerball tickets.

It’d be the same advise I’d give to anyone looking to get into the stock market. Buy some Johnson and Johnson or some Target (any other stable company) before taking a flyer on some random upstart penny stock.

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Use Uphold. It’s so easy. It also allows you to trade anything for anything. Meaning you don’t have to convert ETH to some other coin before buying the coin you want. Or other such nonsense. It’s where I hold my XRP, ZIL, and ADA.

Glad to hear you are on ADA, I have been investing in that since March. It's had a real nice week too

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’m not as deep into that pool as I’d like to be. I’ve been focusing my money on other coins. Still doing well with it as my per coin price is $1.11… it’s trading at $1.90.
I’ve been putting money into VeChain… VET. I had to open up a crypto.com account to buy it but I like it’s use function and can see it growing worldwide. It’s trading around $0.20 right now. My purchasing powers go a lot further there than with ADA.

A little about VET for those that may not have read my other post related to it’s usage. Companies can tag their products with VET tags. Those products get scanned as they move through a supply chain. As they get scanned they get tracked on a secure blockchain ledger. Why would that be of importance?….

https://coincentral.com/vechain-thor-beginner-guide/#how-does-vechain-work

Supply Chain Trust

VeChain uses a mix of blockchain technology and their in-house built smart chip to track items throughout their lifecycle. The smart chip can be implemented in different IoT items such as NFC chips, RFID trackers, or QR codes.

Although this may not seem like the most interesting technology, it serves an important role in ensuring product quality across industries. Let’s look at the luxury goods sector as just one example.

The luxury goods industry is wrought with counterfeit items – over $450 billion worth. With an item like a Louis Vuitton purse changing hands several times during production and distribution, you need to trust that the person before you is passing along something authentic.

VeChain, like other blockchain companies, removes the need for this trust. At every step of the process, you can scan the smart chip on each item to guarantee you’re receiving what you should be. Because the blockchain is an immutable ledger, you can trust that you’re receiving accurate information.

Although still not available, it’s not crazy to assume that this technology will be in the hands of consumers shortly. Soon, you’ll be able to check the authenticity of those sketchy flea market stand sunglasses with a quick scan from your phone.

-————————

I’m big on investing in coins with strong usage plans backing them. XRP, VET, ADA, XLM, Algo… are the majority of my wallet for this reason.

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
I’m not as deep into that pool as I’d like to be. I’ve been focusing my money on other coins. Still doing well with it as my per coin price is $1.11… it’s trading at $1.90.
I’ve been putting money into VeChain… VET. I had to open up a crypto.com account to buy it but I like it’s use function and can see it growing worldwide. It’s trading around $0.20 right now. My purchasing powers go a lot further there than with ADA.

A little about VET for those that may not have read my other post related to it’s usage. Companies can tag their products with VET tags. Those products get scanned as they move through a supply chain. As they get scanned they get tracked on a secure blockchain ledger. Why would that be of importance?….

https://coincentral.com/vechain-thor-beginner-guide/#how-does-vechain-work

Supply Chain Trust

VeChain uses a mix of blockchain technology and their in-house built smart chip to track items throughout their lifecycle. The smart chip can be implemented in different IoT items such as NFC chips, RFID trackers, or QR codes.

Although this may not seem like the most interesting technology, it serves an important role in ensuring product quality across industries. Let’s look at the luxury goods sector as just one example.

The luxury goods industry is wrought with counterfeit items – over $450 billion worth. With an item like a Louis Vuitton purse changing hands several times during production and distribution, you need to trust that the person before you is passing along something authentic.

VeChain, like other blockchain companies, removes the need for this trust. At every step of the process, you can scan the smart chip on each item to guarantee you’re receiving what you should be. Because the blockchain is an immutable ledger, you can trust that you’re receiving accurate information.

Although still not available, it’s not crazy to assume that this technology will be in the hands of consumers shortly. Soon, you’ll be able to check the authenticity of those sketchy flea market stand sunglasses with a quick scan from your phone.

-————————

I’m big on investing in coins with strong usage plans backing them. XRP, VET, ADA, XLM, Algo… are the majority of my wallet for this reason.

any thoughts on VTHO? I've read that it goes along with VET. I don't know a ton about it, but I got in months ago when it was sub .01 so i got quite a bit of it.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’m not familiar with it. It’s not on any of my exchanges.
I hope it turns out big for you.
To the moon!

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
This is a great webpage that lays out the environmental impact of the different coins.
… hint… XRP crushes them all… and it isn’t even close.

https://xrpl.org/carbon-calculator.html?...tent=1620777451

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
I have a decent amount of XRP and only getting more.

Tackles are tackles.
S
Legend
Legend
S
I’m not familiar with it. It’s not on any of my exchanges.
I hope it turns out big for you.
To the moon!

Let's hope! Either way, it was a relatively small investment. For that one it is nice to sit back and just monitor the movement.

I also finally made my first investment into XRP. I've been looking for the right platform for it, and went with your suggestion of Uphold. I like the feel of the app, pretty simple and straightforward.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Good time to buy. The recent correction got it under $1.60 consistently. It’s priming to go over $2. The SEC needs to wrap up their dealings. Once it’s relisted on other platforms… To the moon.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I think it might be about time to sell my silver. I bought around $13/ounce, and it's now over $27.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Good time to buy. The recent correction got it under $1.60 consistently. It’s priming to go over $2. The SEC needs to wrap up their dealings. Once it’s relisted on other platforms… To the moon.

hell yes!

Legend
Legend
Share my advice: Sell half, hold half. You can repeat and average up to buy dips.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

This misleading China news is crazy.

Tackles are tackles.
S
Legend
Legend
S
xrp is under a dollar right now!

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Spergon FTWynn
xrp is under a dollar right now!

Great opportunity as there is a massive sell off going on right now. I mirror PortlandDawg's liking for this coin. Kudos to him for him promoting it on here. Seems super legit long-term.

Sidenote: I bought 10 billion in an alt coin just to say I have 10 billion. Cost me $80. rofl

#ToTheMoon

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
To anyone not in the crypto market but thinking about taking the leap, now is a great time. This market correction is huge and a perfect time to get in at bargain prices.
XRP at .72 this morning.

[Linked Image]
S
1st String
1st String
S
You got me interested so I looked it up- seems to be a good coin buy... bought some on uphold last night... thanks for your suggestions on this!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
VET is now on Uphold. It’s a good price too with this recent dip. I’m in at .18 per. It’s trading around .10 now. I’m buying more to DCA my overall number down. If you’re looking to start in on VET or ZIL now is the time.

[Linked Image]
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
What sites do you use for research typically, especially about these more obscure ones?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
What sites do you use for research typically, especially about these more obscure ones?

https://twitter.com/elonmusk brownie

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Through my obsession with XRP I’ve stumbled into other smaller coins. When I hear of something that sounds intriguing I Google them. Then I read the whitepaper. It’s the coin’s creator’s layout of their coin’s purpose and intent. I also go to their webpage and see what they say. I do research on who’s getting onboard with usage, from banks to businesses. Looking at who’s on their board and where those folks come from. As an example XRP… they just hired Rosa Gumataotao Rios, the 43rd (and now former) Treasurer of the United States to their board of directors. I’m sure she had options. And I’m sure she wouldn’t sign on to a sinking ship. On top of that XRP is looking to become THE way banks move money. Having Rosie and her experiences, connections, and understanding of financial institutions and which way the wind is blowing, on the XRP team, is telling.

It’s my money. I’m willing to gamble, but you better believe that I’m going to do some research before putting my chips on the table.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie

https://twitter.com/elonmusk brownie

Sad but true. I have money in crypto and I wonder if Elon Musk realizes that every time he makes some comment which could be positive or negative.. millions and millions of non-billionaires around the world are making and losing significant amounts of money because of nothing more than some off-hand comment he made.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I was reading an article earlier about a billionaire who thinks one of the ones you guys talk about is nothing but a big hole you throw money into.

I'll have to try and find it again. It popped up on my phone this morning.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Sounds like Dogecoin actually.

The market is picking back up again. XRP is back over a dollar. For those looking to make their money go further VET and ZIL can still be had under .15 each. Both were trading at .20 just last week.

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Sounds like Dogecoin actually.

The market is picking back up again. XRP is back over a dollar. For those looking to make their money go further VET and ZIL can still be had under .15 each. Both were trading at .20 just last week.

I got in on dogecoin back in january when it was a few pennies. I have held and probably will. It was a 30-40 investment, and I don't really care if I end up losing out because I didn't cash in when it hit 70+ cents or whatever. It's a crap coin that we should all stay away from. Unless you got in early on that one, there's no sense in getting in now. You'll definitely be left holding the bag.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I'm curious to see what people think about this opportunity. Pre-Sale begins June 6th. It's called GreenLend (GLEND)

https://www.greenlend.org/ for more information.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Quickly, everyone. Now is the time to buy some (more) Bitcoin.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Now I know for sure it’s a good investment.

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
This doesn't fit with the thread so much, but it was the first thread that deals with investing matters.

I have never been all that big in investing in commodities or precious metals except for gold coins I could put in hand, but I think there is going to be a solid market in copper and lithium.

Both are major components in many components connected with the green movement, especially electric car batteries.

As with any commodity, it can be a roller coaster, but if you and your advisor do the research on various mining companies, AND CAN LET YOUR MONEY SIT for 10-15 years, I think you can realize significant gains over the long haul.

I am investing in some, not a ton, more as an inflation hedge since 10-15 years is more or less the end of my expected lifespan, so I don't need or expect to see any real profit.

I don't share specific things I am doing or thinking of doing in here because I don't want any of you saying "That damn Ballpeen" if you lose out for one reason or another. You pick your own.

Again, this is if you have a few bucks you can sit on for a decade and don't need in the short term.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Waiting for the crypto endorsements from college athletes.....

Tackles are tackles.
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: MemphisBrownie
Waiting for the crypto endorsements from college athletes.....

I have been holding off on buying any more crypto, i want to see if it tanks any more. it's slowly going back up, but I think we may see another dip. until then i am consistently adding money to my USD accounts on my crypto apps. I will be ready to pounce when that dip comes

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
S
Legend
Legend
S
XRP starting to climb again, hit 1.09 last night, back down to mid .90's

I made a nice little investment when it got down to .60. I will be making another soon.

I have also been high on Cardano and that one is doing pretty well too. Both are a lot more eco-friendly than some of these other coins. Proud to be holding both long term!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’m still killing it with my BTC and ETH (2) holdings. Having bought in at $10,000 and $350 respectively. But I really don’t put money back into those. I’m more interested in smaller altcoins with good usage and backing.

XRP
XLM
Algo… I’m earning 4% APY (was 6% at one time)
ETH 2… I’m earning 5% APY
ADA
ZIL
VET
HBAR

I hold a few others in small numbers but those are my altcoins I believe in. Those are the ones I invest in most heavily.

This uptick in the market has been fun. I was able to dollar cost average down some of my holdings on this last dip. So I’m really seeing the effects with the recent climb.

The SEC needs to get out of Ripple/XRPs way. They’re being adapted by so many banks now that the SEC is only holding the US banking industry’s inevitable adaptation to it back.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yah...-104157038.html

“Ripple Continues Its Asian Dominance Despite Regulatory Challenges In The US
Hassan Maishera
August 11, 2021, 3:41 am
Ripple has been making massive progress in Asia, with its ongoing legal case in the United States not standing in the way of its expansion in the continent.…”

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... DogeCoin Mania

Link Copied to Clipboard