Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
The 2013 draft ended up the worst since the Browns have returned, Presided over by Lombardi, Banner, and Chudzinski.

Ugh, I had (successfully) completely forgotten about that group.

I’m pretty sure that was the worst draft class in the history of the league.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
The 2013 draft ended up the worst since the Browns have returned, Presided over by Lombardi, Banner, and Chudzinski.

Ugh, I had (successfully) completely forgotten about that group.

I’m pretty sure that was the worst draft class in the history of the league.
yeah, that was a putrid class. Mingo is still in the NFL (I think), so at least we didn’t draft a total bust. It was pretty slim pickings

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
All Pro
All Pro
Mingo had his best season since his rookie year last year (complete with 2.5 sacks).

His 8-year career sacks totals sky-rocketed to 12.5. It would take Myles Garret 14 or 15 games to match that. smile

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ray Farmer wasn't the worst in regards to talent evaluating. He wasn't behind drafting Gilbert or Johnny. 2014 draft was much better than 2015. He also added undrafted free agents Crowell and Gabriel.

It's all the other stuff that makes him bad. I think he got a raw deal in Cleveland. Perhaps he'll get another shot someday.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Wrong place for this sure, but has a team ever had as many 1st round picks from a specific year that the Browns have had from the 2014 draft?

I count 6 first rd picks from 2014 donning a Browns jersey...

Clowney
Greg Robinson
Justin Gilbert
OBJ
Calvin Pryor
Johnny Manziel

I'm sure there's more somewhere but....well, maybe, whatever. Moving on.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
Ray Farmer wasn't the worst in regards to talent evaluating. He wasn't behind drafting Gilbert or Johnny. 2014 draft was much better than 2015. He also added undrafted free agents Crowell and Gabriel.

It's all the other stuff that makes him bad. I think he got a raw deal in Cleveland. Perhaps he'll get another shot someday.

I thought Farmer was decent... agree that I thought he could have done something in Cleveland..

but I'm seriously thankful for the FO and coaching staff we currently have... best group of leaders we've had since the return...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Lol gosh I forgot about Calvin Pryor

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Berry said he is open to resigning Richardson.

Legend
Legend
Getting Daviyon Nixon of Iowa would surely soften the blow of losing Richardson.

I definitely do not expect to hear any movement on Richardson until next week, after the Draft and after all the UDFAs are signed.... but, I'd still love to see him come back here.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: jaybird

I thought Farmer was decent... agree that I thought he could have done something in Cleveland..

but I'm seriously thankful for the FO and coaching staff we currently have... best group of leaders we've had since the return...

Between the texting thing and drafting someone without meeting them (Gilbert) alone, I don't see how you can call Farmer's time here as anything other than an unmitigated disaster.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He also signed an UDFA DB from a small school, can't remember his name, but I believe he's still playing.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen

I think we'd be open to taking him back at a price cut... I don't think he'll come back unless he gets basically zero interest in FA... he'll likely get more than we offered...

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: jaybird
Originally Posted By: Dawg Citizen

I think we'd be open to taking him back at a price cut... I don't think he'll come back unless he gets basically zero interest in FA... he'll likely get more than we offered...

We will find out after the draft. Teams may leave the draft feeling the need to do more at DT.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
We gave Richardson our offer. He will either get a offer for more money and move on or accept our offer. Only time will tell .

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
... Teams may leave the draft feeling the need to do more at DT.

You mean like....us? naughtydevil

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think we have left it open to Richardson if he wants to come back.

I don't think our number changes any, or at least much. It will just depend on what other teams might offer.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
It's simple.

If the way the draft falls to us on Friday is such that we draft Christian Barmore onn Thursday, then there is no way Richardson comes back here. He probably doesn't return if we draft a DT on Friday night either. A DT in any of the 1st 3 rounds blocks his path to any playing time, and most likely says goodbye to him for good.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
It's simple.

If the way the draft falls to us on Friday is such that we draft Christian Barmore onn Thursday, then there is no way Richardson comes back here. He probably doesn't return if we draft a DT on Friday night either. A DT in any of the 1st 3 rounds blocks his path to any playing time, and most likely says goodbye to him for good.

You think so?

These are snap count percentages from last year... and Larry is gone.

Sheldon Richardson 74.12%
Larry Ogunjobi 59.65%
Jordan Elliott 28.48%
Vincent Taylor 19.11%

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
Yeah, I think so.

We added Malik Jackson and will add Andrew Billings, along with bringing back Jordan Elliot. How many DT do you think we'll keep. especially on one year deals? Also, don't forget that Clowney will slide inside in certain packages.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
That's about the third time I forgot about Malik Jackson. tongue

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sheldon is history. Get over it.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
K'waun Williams

P
Legend
Legend
P
The odds of a third rounder being a quality, starting DT aren't very high. I'm pretty sure Richardson's agent is aware of that. Even more so in his rookie or second year.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
The odds of a third rounder being a quality, starting DT aren't very high. I'm pretty sure Richardson's agent is aware of that. Even more so in his rookie or second year.

A 3rd round pock this year doesn't have to be a starter .... just a sold rotational guy. 2nd year? Who knows? We might draft a DT in next years draft as well. (likely, in my estimation) We'll also do as we did this year, and sign free agent talent at the position ...... or maybe even re-sign Billings or Jackson.

Legend
Legend
We're a better team with Richardson than without; I hope both sides can find a spot to meet in the middle that is amicable - let's go get a Lombardi.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
I favor Richardson as well. We can bargain, I hope, and be generous on a reduced contract face figure or escalators. Sweeten his reduced deal a bit. Meet between. Wecannot question his value or commitment.

Stoked for the draft in The Land. Here we go, Brownies!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Legend
Legend
P
If and that is a big if, we take DT at #26 then Richardson would probably be out of the picture ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
If and that is a big if, we take DT at #26 then Richardson would probably be out of the picture ...

At this point I'd rather they select Alex Leatherwood OL Alabama, who seems not a scheme fit, so not a great pick but still, because he's more of an unmovable anchor than a fluid run and find it guy,

than to see them go DT, because it would probably mean Barmore, who may not improve anything over Billings and Malick, and the...

because at least Leatherwood would provide anchor insurance against 2022 questions.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Sheldon will be back, I think we will create some cap space. I have a weird feeling David Njoku will get dealt tonight. It is a really crappy TE pool this year. His cap hit is like 6 million, maybe we work something out. I am pretty sure Sheldon wants to play for the Browns, our arrow is clearly pointing up and post season pay checks dont count.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
1st String
1st String
Yeah as it is a business. But really need a veteran that can motivate and show the young rookies the ropes.

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
Legend
Legend
I still think we could re-sign Sheldon ... he’ll have a chance to find his number in FA, but our door isn’t closed

Legend
Legend
I don't think anybody is even looking at that door until tomorrow.
Last day of the draft today, then there's the UDFA's almost immediately following, THEN tomorrow, his activity will pick up, I think.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend

Fair Market Value is what it will come down to.

After free agency and now three rounds of the draft.

I wonder if Sheldon will say to himself:

"I have to come back, I don't want to miss this."

If the other offers he receives are near what we we offered. He may well return.

If someone offers him way more he will for sure go there.

Legend
Legend
Hope he comes back. Should be reasonably priced; don't see him commanding a tons of insane money and cap.

What do you think, if he does come back, that he will get from the Browns going forward, say after a one-year contract? Hope we reward some loyalty for it.

There will be some messzsage sent either way.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend

Up to Sheldon now.

I would like him back but would certainly understand if he gets way more from another team.

Legend
Legend
Hope he comes back.. I think he'd be great teaching some of the younger guys how to be a professional, and to learn from his mistakes. Love his attitude.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend

This will test how important winning is to a player.

I believe he wants to play for us. I also believe he wants to be paid as much as he can get.

Can not blame him for that.

However, he was a first round pick. He has made big dollars. More than enough for his lifetime on earth.

So this will test for him how much money talks.

All Pro
All Pro
We went pretty aggressively at Marvin Wilson after the draft.

The door isn't closed on him coming back, but I think this FO is prepared for it.

People ask me what I do in spring when there's no football. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for fall
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Release Sheldon Richardson

Link Copied to Clipboard