Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
D
Legend
Legend
D
On the local morning show (Carman & Lima) they were talking about what to call JOK, conversationally. Should he be called Owusu-Koramoah, JOK, or Joker? Lima reported that his teammates called him "Woo", kind of like the Ric Flair thing, or that annoying sound Indians fans make at home games. Although it would be pretty cool to hear 70,000 "WOO's" when he makes a big play. Some of us old Steely Dan fans might call him Dr Wu ...

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Yes, and Wilson has speed. And why I think Taki would be the first to go. More lumbering that fast.

Wilson missed a lot of tackles last year. That's won't fly. He actually got worse last year from the year before.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Well said. And from what I gather, we are one of the few teams that can really plug him into our scheme. We were obviously worried that someone would snag him (Pittsburgh or Tennessee), so it really worked out

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CalDawg
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Andra Davis, linebacker, and Joel Bitonio, OG, (I think),

improved their on field effectiveness after year 5, it's not unheard of.

( I wouldn't be able to understand being a football fan who hates players.)

The Koramoah player is going to be a really solid selection.

... Einstein Himself!, would not, be able, to remember all the pass rushers on this Browns defense, not in the time he is going to have!

No doubt it can happen, but the LB position is transitioning with the Browns for sure, and probably the NFL as a whole. What was once adequate speed for a backer is no longer adequate as long as TE's like Kyle Pitts keep entering the league.

Teams need backers who can run above all else. If they don't, they might as well put you or I out there to cover the TE.

Yes, and Wilson has speed. And why I think Taki would be the first to go. More lumbering that fast.

Takitaki is one of the best run defenders in the league. He’s not going to play a ton of snaps but he has a meaningful role. He also plays special teams. Wilson doesn’t have a role and doesn’t play special teams.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Wilson's pro day 40 was 4.71
Takitaki's combine 40 was 4.63

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: dawg66
Quote:

Well, Wilson does a better job on Twitter.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Now if Joe Woods could just come up with a Twitter package on the field to make Wilson more valuable. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Thank you.. I was hoping that it was that rather than what we did with Babatunde Oshinowa (sp) He was very well thought of leading up to that draft in 2006.. Then he dropped, we snagged him and he was basically gone right away..

I watched lots of tape on JOK and he's special,, No question. sounds like you've hit the nail on the head.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This showed up on FB today!

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

I'm not sure why this is all of a sudden a big story. This was revealed earlier that the heart "question" came up from a test that was run. His agent quickly had other testing done and the results were in before the draft took place, which debunked the heart "issue". I think Adam is getting a click bait story going.

Legend
Legend

I have Browns hats and jackets.

Never bought a jersey.

Most drafts I go maybe to the third round, around the top 100 rated, looking at players. After that when guys are drafted. That is when I look at them.

This year I knew we take a corner and a linebacker. So I checked out the top five of those positions.

At linebacker once I saw Parsons. I knew he would go to high for us.

Then I watched Koramoah. Right away I loved his game.

Lots of info and tape on him now. This is like some kind of cosmic deal. Some players go to teams and fail because they don't fit.

This is a case of the right player going to the perfect scheme.

IMO he will have a good shot of Defensive ROY.

I truly believe this guy will be a great player for Cleveland.

I may have to buy his jersey.

(might wait a little in case I am dead wrong)

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Did the Browns know before they made the pick for JOK...or did they just learn about the JOK heart problem?

It was a surprise that he dropped into the second round but I sure didn't expect news like his heart be an issue.

anyone know if our scouts and draft team knew of this?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mac
Did the Browns know before they made the pick for JOK...or did they just learn about the JOK heart problem?

It was a surprise that he dropped into the second round but I sure didn't expect news like his heart be an issue.

anyone know if our scouts and draft team knew of this?

From the way it sounds everyone was well aware.

"According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Owusu-Koramoah had a heart issue come up late in the pre-draft process, which was a cause for concern for most clubs. Doctors ultimately cleared Owusu-Koramoah leading up to the draft, but that issue certainly contributed to him falling out of the first round."

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend

Absolutely they knew. He was cleared.

Legend
Legend

There was a bad test. They retested and he cleared.

M
Legend
Legend
M
The more I read and see Newsome, the more I like that pick ... and still can't believe we got JOK as well. Unreal.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888

If we need either to contribute in a significant way - either one of them would need to show a major improvement. I had high hopes for Wilson based on his rookie flashes - but he might have been the worst LB on the field all season. Taki has limitations in his speed and athletic ability - but as a 2 down thumper, he was kinda average instead of flat out bad. Based on last year I would take Taki over Wilson regardless of speed.

I respect that POV. It's even possible neither get cut.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: dawg66
Quote:

Interesting. Not how it looks on the field. And I don't really know how that correlates to how they play on the field, or if it makes a significant difference in a straight line, let alone moving around at the LB spot, but it is interesting.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Quote:

Wilson missed a lot of tackles last year. That's won't fly. He actually got worse last year from the year before.

He moved to the other side and had about a third of the snaps. I can tell you have a hard on for him, that's cool. It's not all that important to me, I just hope he finds some success.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The only thing I care about is that players play well, and don't cost us games.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
I don't remember which game, but I remember seeing somebody cheapshotting Ward and Wilson ran over and thumped him. Though it was well out of bounds we didn't get a penalty and notice had been served. I thought that was great. That play alone makes me hope he'll stick and take a leap forward. One of the biggest disappointments to me is the way our team didn't stick up for each other ever since the return. I wanted to puke when Harrison concussed our players at will with no consequences. And then our players were on the field chatting and giggling with those guys after the games. That was my only beef with Joe T. He also seemed to put up with the cheapshot crap from the Steelers.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I remember that play. It was in bounds. Ward was getting stiffarmed and pushed back by a bigger TE. Can't remember the team, but Wilson came over and laid the big hit...

...and then had the video captioned on Twitter within about 5 minutes of the game ending.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I don't remember which game, but I remember seeing somebody cheapshotting Ward and Wilson ran over and thumped him. Though it was well out of bounds we didn't get a penalty and notice had been served. I thought that was great. That play alone makes me hope he'll stick and take a leap forward. One of the biggest disappointments to me is the way our team didn't stick up for each other ever since the return. I wanted to puke when Harrison concussed our players at will with no consequences. And then our players were on the field chatting and giggling with those guys after the games. That was my only beef with Joe T. He also seemed to put up with the cheapshot crap from the Steelers.

I totally forgot that play from Wilson. Good point. I don't remember who it was that hit Ward, but it was a large TE (so the physical mismatch was pretty obvious).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

P
Legend
Legend
P
I know this may ruffle some feathers, not that it's ever stopped me before...

But this is why I say fans let their emotions and feelings get the best of them. This is a single play. This is no way shows what Wilson has contributed as a player.

The most critical thing we need to think of in regards to our Browns is improvement. That includes everything from starters, to depth, to special teams.

I have no idea if that means Wilson will no longer be on our roster. If it does that's a good thing. It means we have a better quality player to replace him and his services are no longer needed here.

Looking like a tough guy on a single play means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I know this may ruffle some feathers, not that it's ever stopped me before...

But this is why I say fans let their emotions and feelings get the best of them. This is a single play. This is no way shows what Wilson has contributed as a player....

Looking like a tough guy on a single play means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Holy "let's make an argument where there is none" Batman! I said "That play alone makes me hope he'll stick and take a leap forward." Nothing else.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
Everything isn't all about you. wink

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: mgh888

If we need either to contribute in a significant way - either one of them would need to show a major improvement. I had high hopes for Wilson based on his rookie flashes - but he might have been the worst LB on the field all season. Taki has limitations in his speed and athletic ability - but as a 2 down thumper, he was kinda average instead of flat out bad. Based on last year I would take Taki over Wilson regardless of speed.

Taki was one of the best run stopping LBs in the league last year, he has value on special teams too. He is a liability in pass coverage,

Mack has the tools. The injury hurt his development last year. I would like to see how he responds to the competition this year. If he steps up, he, Phillips, and JOK could be the future.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
We will be playing one or two linebackers most of the tine. I think we will ease JOK into a role because it’s not clear what he can do in the NFL. I think Walker and Phillips will be getting the most snaps with Takitaki behind them.

B
Legend
Legend
B
At least to start I can agree with that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: FATE

That's what I'm talking about..a LBer who plays the game handing out punishment when needed. Wilson was not going just stand and watch his teammate get jacked up by the Eagle's TE.

Also, the tackle by Wilson on Mahomes was not a cheap shot..it was a legal tackle.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
How many LBers did we keep on the roster last year, or maybe plan to keep this year?

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted By: HotBYoungTurk
How many LBers did we keep on the roster last year, or maybe plan to keep this year?

Last year we had 7 LBers on the official roster after cut downs. Right now we have 10 on the pre-season roster.

SAM Sione Takitaki, Malcolm Smith, Curtis Weaver
MLB Anthony Walker, Mack Wilson, Tony Fields II
WLB Jacob Philips, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Elijah Woods, George Obinna

I wouldn't pay much attention to the designations, this is just where they had them on Ourlads.

The thing to watch is the correlation to positions between the LB and DB.

Last season we had 10 DBs, 4 CB and 6 SAF.. We could drop 1-2 SAF with the additions of JOK and Fields. However, I expect them to keep 5 CBs this year. Injuries put them in a bind last season.I could easily see them keep 5 CBs, 4 safeties and 8 LBers.

B
Legend
Legend
B
On that list I count 7 who make the team. That includes Weaver who I would actually count with the Dline group.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...

I love this pick for the simple reason this is a kid that is PERFECT for what Woods is looking to establish here. His defense His PLAYER!! Now to get this piece of the puzzle to do its damage to our opponents!!

jmho excellent pick up for us!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
The more I think about this trade/move up, I wonder if the team we really wanted to get ahead of was Pittsburgh.

Legend
Legend
I think it was the "sweet spot" ahead of a few teams that we would rather not see him go to. It really couldn't have been much sweeter when you look at all the teams we don't really care about above the slot, and the powerhouses below it.

2 40 Atlanta Falcons
2 41 Detroit Lions
2 42 Miami Dolphins
2 43 Las Vegas Raiders
2 44 Dallas Cowboys
2 45 Jacksonville Jaguars
2 46 Cincinnati Bengals
2 47 Los Angeles Chargers
2 48 San Francisco 49ers
2 49 Arizona Cardinals
2 50 New York Giants
2 51 Washington Football Team
2 52 Cleveland Browns Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
2 53 Tennessee Titans
2 54 Indianapolis Colts
2 55 Pittsburgh Steelers
2 56 Seattle Seahawks
2 57 Los Angeles Rams
2 58 Kansas City Chiefs

The calls probably started (in earnest) when he slipped to 40. In the span between 59 and 52 we leapfrogged FOUR AFC playoff teams; six playoff teams, league wide.

You just simply can't do it any better than that.

D
Legend
Legend
D
The more I think about this trade/move up, I wonder if the team we really wanted to get ahead of was Pittsburgh.

I didn't have cable TV or internet for the first 2-1/2 days of the draft (thanks Spectrum!), so I had to listen to Nathan Zegura and Ken Carman covering the draft on the radio. Anyway, Zegura said that the Browns moved up specifically to get him before the Steelers could pick him. I imagine there was some swearing going on in the Pittsburgh war room when that happened.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave

I didn't have cable TV or internet for the first 2-1/2 days of the draft (thanks Spectrum!), so I had to listen to Nathan Zegura and Ken Carman covering the draft on the radio. Anyway, Zegura said that the Browns moved up specifically to get him before the Steelers could pick him. I imagine there was some swearing going on in the Pittsburgh war room when that happened.

Ha! That makes me feel even better about the pick, (and I was beyond happy when we picked him) because the one position Pittsburgh seems to always get right is LB.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season 2021 NFL Draft Browns select Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah with the 52nd pick

Link Copied to Clipboard