Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I actually hope he spends most of his mentor-time with Higgins. Higgin's attention-to-detail is a must due to his 'lesser' physical gifts...he gets open as well as anyone and has great hands...without the flair. I'd like Higgins to impart that to Schwartz more than anything OBJ or Landry can 'show' him.

Not suggesting that he stay away from OBJ and Landry...but if Schwartz can emulate anyone - but with his added speed - I'd like that person to be Higgins. JMO.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yeah, I see no way we are relying on him to do anything besides take the top off the defense and maybe get an end around every other week.

We’ll see how he progresses, but he won’t even be a top 3-4 WR

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Yup.
He's going to start as a gadget/gimmick guy. Things will not go through him, he will not be the focus of anything. He's a 3rd round pick, so he'll make the roster, but he has to earn the playing time and work himself into various personnel packages to see the field. Only as he proves himself will he be given more and more. If he proves himself capable and competent, then maybe by the end of camp he can have a nice role carved out for himself.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I could see him being 4th receiver fairly soon. The guy isn't void of receiving talent. In terms of recent Browns, I could see him being as good as Calloway or Perriman.

The guy can run routes. I think he caught over 50 balls last season at Auburn. All of them weren't WR screens and Fly routes.

Some people are talking like the guy can't run a hook pattern.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 05/04/21 10:52 AM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
J/C

I'd be interested to see how he'd do in a deep slant off a play action.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
From reading some of the later posts I don't think people are judging him on what he did with the opportunities he was given at Auburn. Auburn doesn't pass the ball a lot and they rely mainly on the run.

What I'm seeing posted is people who are judging him more based on the limited opportunities he got in that type of offense much more so than what he actually displayed in the opportunities he was given. He has all of the abilities, skill set and qualities one looks for in a high quality NFL WR.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I could see him being 4th receiver fairly soon. The guy isn't void of receiving talent. In terms of recent Browns, I could see him being as good as Calloway or Perriman.

The guy can run routes. I think he caught over 50 balls last season at Auburn. All of them weren't WR screens and Fly routes.

Some people are talking like the guy can't run a hook pattern.

From what little film I've watched he seems to catch with his hands away from his body. He looks like a WR, not just some gimmick.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie
I actually hope he spends most of his mentor-time with Higgins. Higgin's attention-to-detail is a must due to his 'lesser' physical gifts...he gets open as well as anyone and has great hands...without the flair. I'd like Higgins to impart that to Schwartz more than anything OBJ or Landry can 'show' him.

Not suggesting that he stay away from OBJ and Landry...but if Schwartz can emulate anyone - but with his added speed - I'd like that person to be Higgins. JMO.

Ted Williams was probably the best hitter in the history of baseball. After he retired, he was a hitting coach, but not a very good one. Hitting came naturally to him. Because he didn't need to learn to be a better hitter, he couldn't teach it.

I don't know how much of that story is truth, but it is one of the legends of baseball. It echoes something that has been proven over and over again. The best coaches are the players who had to learn to be good enough to stay.

Like Willie, I suspect Schwartz will learn more from Higgins than Landry and OBJ. Not that they don't have anything to offer, but Higgins had to learn.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
That may be true but I do remember when Ted Williams became the Manager of the Washington Senators he really helped Frank Howard out a lot with his hitting.

M
Legend
Legend
M
OMG - so refreshing to be nit picking and haggling over the talent and ability of the 4th/5th/6th WR on the depth chart ! What strides we've taken in such a short time.

QB. Set.
RB. Uber Set.
WR Core. Set
TE. Set
OL. Set with some nice depth.

DL. Set with some a few questions.
LB. Improved significantly.
CB. Set and potentially deep.
S. Uber set.

Yes - injuries could happen. Players might regress. Nothing is cast completely in stone ... but, c'mon. It's pretty freaking awesome.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I know from preseason that it seemed like the staff wanted to run a lot more sweeps and reverses to the WR's at least when natson was healthy.

I think this guy is going to be a reverse/bubble screen guy early in his career.

Legend
Legend

DPJ had a good rookie year. He has a lot of what you look for. We also have Hodge and Willies.

Schwartz adds a different dimension.

It will be interesting to see how he works out.

If he really hones his craft as a reciever. Look out. No player in the NFL can handle his straight line speed.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I read one of his biggest faults is that he runs all his routes full speed. That he needs to learn to slow down and run routes at pace so he can be at the right spot at the right time then kick it into full throttle once the ball is in the air to track it down and go get it.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
From reading some of the later posts I don't think people are judging him on what he did with the opportunities he was given at Auburn. Auburn doesn't pass the ball a lot and they rely mainly on the run.

What I'm seeing posted is people who are judging him more based on the limited opportunities he got in that type of offense much more so than what he actually displayed in the opportunities he was given. He has all of the abilities, skill set and qualities one looks for in a high quality NFL WR.

That is what some people think but it is a false narrative.
last year Auburn ran 754 plays.

362 passing 48%
392 rushing 52%

So, 30 more rushing plays on the season hardly make them a 1 dimensional team.

That looks pretty balanced if you ask me.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: Jester
I read one of his biggest faults is that he runs all his routes full speed. That he needs to learn to slow down and run routes at pace so he can be at the right spot at the right time then kick it into full throttle once the ball is in the air to track it down and go get it.

This is the pros, I'm sure O'Shea will coach him up. For now he is a developmental player. I'm sure he will see the field, but this guy is about next year and beyond

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
P
Legend
Legend
P
And Schwartz had more receptions than anyone on the team.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
And Schwartz had more receptions than anyone on the team.

He did. Two others had around 45 each. Schwartz had 54. I couldn't tell you about target numbers.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: bonefish

No player in the NFL can handle his straight line speed.

That's what I hate about him. No player in the NFL is ONLY straight line speed.
Everybody in the NFL is fast, we've already covered there are 380 defenders in the NFL who know how to with this, just block him into the sideline. (many other moves)

It's not 4.26 vs. a bunch of 4.77 40 players, in the NFL, his speed is going to help him the LEAST of any league in the world,
If That's all he has to rely on , He's DONE!

And I "don't" think he's Travis Benjamin, which I considered about a 2nd tier level of being able to actually make catches vs. good coverage,

But remember when he came out of Miami,(one of the florida schools), that he had caught a fair amount yet had to do so behind other Great WR's who took his opportunities, away.

I looked, Travis Benjamin had 13 Td catches in college.
This guy has 7! or is it 6? it's 6, he RAN for 7.

Anyway, Where is the evidence of polished receiver.

Now,
If they introduce a draft pick and the First 5 things they can say about him is his forty time, and straight line speed, ?

Then that is like hearing about an upcoming Blind Date and the first 5 things you hear about is how much fun her personality is. Ye-ikes.
What Josh Rosen was to quarterbacks

Last edited by THROW LONG; 05/04/21 05:22 PM. Reason: to add "don't"

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: mgh888
OMG - so refreshing to be nit picking and haggling over the talent and ability of the 4th/5th/6th WR on the depth chart!

I've done that every year, every single year since 1998. With the exception of 1994 there has been something to nit pick of the 4th/5th/6th WR on the chart, even back to 1986 but there wasn't a wide used internet before 1995.

Browns aren't as stacked as some may say, Ok they are pretty stacked but there are always needs.
Biggest needs today.
1. Kicker,
2, Another DB and Another LB,
3, Backup Quarterback of the future,
4. (Future #1 Tight end #2).- also known as Tight End #4.
5. uhh, The Browns are pretty stacked. thumbsup

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
B
Legend
Legend
B
I have already explained to you that this guy is more than straight line speed.

I don't know what else I can tell you.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm very optimistic and hopefully. I wanted a deep burner and we got one.

The rest remains to be seen. I saw some tape and he was catching with his hands. He was generating separation 'easily' off the line. The competition and demands of the NFL will be a different level and a new challenge. . . there is nothing to indicate he can't make the transition - even if it's a big step.

Calloway and Perriman - two examples of WR that got enough separation on Go routes to make big plays. If Schwartz does nothing else - he's a huge win for the Browns... Pretty sure you mentioned Ginn making a living off being a THREAT ... hoping that Schwartz is going to be a threat that produces too. It's way too soon to be talking Tyreek Hill - but that is the very model that we should be looking to aim for.

Legend
Legend
Berry talked about looking for skillsets and roles for the WR room; that's exactly what Schwartz brings... he has a skillset and the ability to fill a role that was missing in our WR room.

How well he can do that role, what other roles he can grow into, and how quickly and effectively he can do that growing is what remains to be seen.

Ideally, he will fit more than one or two narrowly defined roles so we're not limited in what we do when he's out there.

Like, in addition to running routes and all that, how is he blocking in the Run game? How willingly does he block for other WR in the passing game; what about when the play isn't to his side?

Browns is the Browns

E
Legend
Legend
E
j/c...

The young man will get a chance to perfect his route running skills. A very coachable thing.

As a rookie we can only expect one thing from Schwartz...stretch the field Vertical.

It is said that with rookies they enter the NFL with perfection in ONE ROUTE...the 9 route (go long young man GO LONG!!!).

We also could see some quick screens and of course on running plays he should be running Jet motion which should enhance an extra step for Chubb/Hunt.

I have a question, I have yet to read anything about the young man's hands. Does he have any? If he has good hands (not a body catcher) then all the rest is coachable, and we got a keeper. If he has Quincy Morgan hands (body catcher) then we can expect a similar career.

But having one of the fastest WRs can be interesting especially with our offense as when he is on the field teams must keep 2 safeties deep. Again enhancing our Run Game.

As for just his speed alone one only has to look at the Bengals WR Ross...his career is going NO WHERE.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
All of the film and reports say he has good hands and catches with his hands and not his body. He certainly doesn't have the stone hands of Quincy Morgan.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yup; lots of comments above noting the very same after watching the videos posted here. Looks the ball in, catches with the hands away from the body, etc...

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
All of the film and reports say he has good hands and catches with his hands and not his body. He certainly doesn't have the stone hands of Quincy Morgan.

Or Greg Little, or numerous other former Browns receivers.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
j/c...

But having one of the fastest WRs can be interesting especially with our offense as when he is on the field teams must keep 2 safeties deep. Again enhancing our Run Game.

It would also keep safeties deep opening up the underneath passing game.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
A slightly smaller Mike Wallace than Tyreek Hill to me.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I have already explained to you that this guy is more than straight line speed.

I don't know what else I can tell you.

you could tell me he was traded for a ...

I learned something today, I learned John Ross' Bengals had 4.22 speed, whatever. Now, He's not John Ross.

And Nico Collins is not Donovan Peoples-Jones, but there may be a lot of parallels in their careers.

Bengal fan, 5 years ago, told me, trashed talked to me, 'blah blah john ross' blah, I didn't pay attention, I'm not a bengl fan. ( I was like, so what)
Then he tells me 4.5 years ago he tells me he hates John Ross, ( I was like, ya, whatever never gave him much thought)
3 years ago, Bengal fan is trash talking to me, blah blah blah, " and we don't have anybody, John Ross ain't squat, = even trash talking Bengal fan was done with him.

So, today I learned he's got the straight line speed type, and he's on the Giants, so I wiki read, ehh,
he had 2 good games in his career, in 3 bad years.

So. Anthony Schwartz, is "not" a John Ross Clone.
Anthony Schwartz is "not" a Travis Benjamin clone either.
His career parallel, I think looks a little more like John Ross's than Benjamins.

Good luck to him, I'm sure Schwarts is probably better than Khaderal Hodge today, but,

well in the NFL, Getting open, the nuances, the ability to make the catch, the past production, finding space, getting off the line of scrimmage, in and out of breaks, ability to make a block,
and to beat cornerbacks that are faster than him, and stamina,
( And after he runs 3, 60 yard go routes that were decoys, and the next play he's facing a Db who came off the bench with fresh legs, = that DB WILL be faster than him).
All that is necessary for his game to translate into the NFL,
Ross was taken 9th by the bengals in 2017, in 2017 he did nothing, and in the year 2020 he did nothing, and he was recently traded to his 2nd team, the giants.

Now, Schwartz, was drafted by the Browns this past week.
I hope for better results, and if not, then not 3 years to take up a roster spot.

(We don't all have the same eyes when we watch football.)

T
Legend
Legend
T
Anthony Schwartz is not Anthonio Callaway.

I think, if Schwartz wanted to study some of Callaways' tape, thumbsup
Whatever, I'm totally wrong today, and it won't matter later on eventually.

Callaways' highlights screams guy who gets open in breaking away from good coverage deep to bring in the catch. He looks so good you just want to see him get on the field, (nevermind a one year suspension, never mind it, at, all.)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[quote]Anthony Schwartz is not Anthonio Callaway.[quote]

Thank goodness, might finally have a player who wants to play and help the team win !!!!

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I could not think of a less competent college program and QB for Schwartz than Auburn and Bo Nix.

I am optimistic. Even if he's just a deep threat, that's something the Browns do not have. Or didn't have.

you had a good run Hank.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Been reading all the comments. I have come to the conclusion that Throwlong was dropped on his head as a kid. I use to think he was just a 10 year old but after 10 years reading him he has gotta be at least grown up by now. Then I read today and im reminded...maybe he was dropped as a kid. Ha
Funniest of his quotes on this post is he talks about not liking Shwartz because he likely can't catch then says he LOVED Quincy (Stone hands) Morgan and Shwartz was like a 1/16 or something of what Stone hands was. LoL
Now that makes you reevaluate everything.!!!

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
J/C

MKC wrote a nice article (she probably had help) about the progress of several of our players both in terms of recovery and development. I considered putting it in the Pure Football forum because it addresses questions about several vets as well as rookies. Link

Jarvis Landry has already had a huge impact on 3rd round WR Anthony Schwartz; Grant Delpit almost fullspeed, their trainer says
Today 5:00 AM
Anthony Schwartz drafted by the Cleveland Browns
Facebook Share
Twitter Share
By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- In the weeks leading up to the NFL Draft, receiver Anthony Schwartz’s trainer Mo Wells called his shot, declaring the Browns would draft the world-class speedster.

Sure enough, the Browns selected Schwartz with the 91st pick in the third round out of Auburn and paired him with his new mentor Jarvis Landry, who had worked out with him the previous month at House of Athlete in Weston, Fla., where Wells trains a handful of Browns regularly in the offseason including Kareem Hunt and Grant Delpit.

“I actually did [call it],’' said Wells, Vice President of Professional Sports at House of Athlete told Cleveland.com. “Because certain teams draft a lot of my guys and he had already been here working out with Jarvis. “I said ‘it would kind of be crazy if you just end up going to the Browns and then you’re all actually teammates.’ And here we are a week after that with him headed to Cleveland.’’

Schwartz, who trained with Landry at House of Athlete between his Pro Day March 18th and the week of the draft week April 29-May 1, proclaimed on Twitter, “I swear [Wells] called me going to the Browns. Man it’s crazy.’'

Unfortunately for Schwartz, he missed out on the Browns passing camp conducted at House of Athlete last week by Baker Mayfield and a handful of his teammates, including Landry, Rashard Higgins, David Njoku, Austin Hooper and others.

“That was draft week, so he was out just getting ready for the draft and stuff like that,’' Wells, who ran track at LSU and overlapped a year with Landry. “But they’ll all get together again down here after OTAs.’'

Schwartz was already reunited with Landry this week back at House of Athlete, but with a different mindset now.

“Now that we’re on the same team, we’re going to be able to work even harder with each other,’' Schwartz said on draft night. “Just hope that I can learn some things from him being in the league for around eight years now. He was in the league when I was in middle school. It’s just crazy to see that and crazy to just play with these great guys.”

Wells has already watched Landry pass down his wisdom to Schwartz (6-0, 186), who was ranked the 21st-best receiver in the NFL by The Athletic’s Dane Brugler, who projected him as a fourth-rounder. He was the 15th one off the board.

“Jarvis is a great mentor along with some other veterans we have down here, so he’s always been a great tool for Anthony,’' Wells said. “Now they get to step it up a notch, because you can get even more detailed with those conversations.’'

He said Landry is instilling in Schwartz the attention to detail that has enabled him to become a five-time Pro Bowler.

“It’s being meticulous and having a gameplan every snap that you’re going out on the field facing your opponents,’' Wells said. “A lot of catching techniques, a lot of vision work when it comes to how we catch and how we train.’'

Off-the-field, Landry has been schooling Schwartz on “just how to be a pro, how to attack certain situations, how to attack OTAs, how to attack rookie minicamp, how to attack training camp because it’s a brand new experience for him.’'

He said Landry is also coaching him up “on schemes, learning defenses, learning tendencies from defenses, learning tendencies from individual players, and even learning tendencies from coordinators for what he’ll see.

“Not only has Jarvis been in the game awhile, he’s also learned from people who have been in the game for a long time, so you just have to have a higher level of thinking that comes from being that five-, 10-, 15-year veteran in the NFL.’'

Wells, who’s trained some of the fastest athletes in the NFL, described Schwartz’ blazing speed as ‘phenomenal.’ He set a world youth record with a 10.15 100m in the 2017 Florida Relays and was the 2018 Gatorade national boys’ track and field athlete of the year. At the IAAF U20 world championships in Finland in July, 2018, he took a silver medal in 100m and a gold in 4x100 relay.

“Speed is one thing, but it’s just been teaching him how to control it,’' Wells said. “Being a world-class track athlete, he could’ve probably gone professional either way. It adds a component to the Browns that they haven’t really had. They’ve had some fast guys like Odell Beckham Jr. He’s a fast guy, but he’s not as fast as Anthony Schwartz.’'

Lest Schwartz get a little smug about his speed, he’s got plenty of competition right there at House of Athlete to keep him humble. Schwartz has worked out there with Chiefs receiver Mercole Hardman, who runs a 4.27 in the 40, and Georgia cornerback Eric Stokes, who ran a 4.24 at the Brandon Marshall’s House of Athlete Pro Day in March.

“Eric was the one guy that actually barely beat Anthony this year for Pro Day 40-yard dashes,’' Wells said. “Officially, Anthony ran 4.26 and Eric ran 4.25, and then at our combine event, Eric ran 4.24.’'

Wells is confident that Schwartz, who emulates Kansas City’s Tyreek Hill, will excel in the Browns’ scheme once he adds to his repertoire and puts his game together.

“Absolutely, you get him in a package where you can possibly have a David Njoku on the field with a Jarvis and an Odell, with so much attention going to those guys, it’s hard to defend,’' Wells said. “It’s just like the Chiefs. If that offensive line does what it’s supposed to do, that offense should be explosive.’'

Wells can’t wait to see Schwartz work with Mayfield, especially considering what he saw while working with them during the passing camp.

“They just looked on point,’' Wells said. “It was smooth. Baker looked really good. Jarvis is moving exceptionally well, with us being able to get him almost back to 100%. He battled a couple of minor things last year [coming off the hip surgery], so just making sure that he’s on point and giving him some new tools and weapons from a development standpoint for his game this year.

“It was just good for them to get back together for the first time since the season, and good to see them get back into the rhythm, get that chemistry back between those guys.’'

He saw the improvement as the camp wore on.

“The timing was definitely better a couple of days into it vs. like Day 1 where you’re knocking the rust off,’' he said. “I know they’ll continue to improve.’'

Wells, who works with a team of trainers and medical personnel at House of Athlete, provided updates on some of the other Browns he’s working with regularly:

* Grant Delpit, who’s coming off the ruptured Achilles

“He’s doing exceptionally well. His progress has been phenomenal. We’re just making sure we stay on top of things throughout the rest of the summer. It will be critical those 4-6 weeks after that last phase of OTAs before going into training camp. We’ll wrap things up for him and make sure he’s prepared to play at his highest level probably since his sophomore year at LSU.’'

He said he’s excited to see Delpit make his NFL debut this season.

“He’s pretty on schedule,’' he said. “He’s a little bit ahead. He’s in a good space.’'

* Kareem Hunt

“He’s doing well,’' Wells said. “We’re leaning him out, making sure he’s fast, keeping him healthy, keeping him all together mentally because that’s a big thing. Mental fitness is big for us. It’s a good stable of running backs that he trains with.’'

* Richard LeCounte, the Browns fifth-round safety out of Georgia

“He’s an on-the-field specimen and now that he’s healthy,’' Wells said. “He spent so much of last season hurt [after a motorcycle accident]. He’s also such a great, fun guy to be around. So as long as he’s focused and tuned in on what the team wants and what the team needs and he’s into his training, he’s going to be phenomenal.’'

He said recovering from the injury was tough on LeCounte, “not only from a physical standpoint, but a mental standpoint. You’re used to playing at a high level for so many years and you just can’t do that, so coping mechanisms change, how you attack every day changes and it’s stuff that you’ve just got to fight through. He’s doing a pretty decent job of continuing to fight through it.’'

Much of Wells’ work with the 50 or 60 professional athletes who train with him is on the mental side, but he’s prepared for that too.

“Absolutely,’' he said. “I have a minor in psychology, actually.’'

Legend
Legend

In addition to this great news.

Berry in his press conference went out of his way to emphasize how intelligent Schwartz is.

Smart, Tough, Accountable.

This guy could be a real gem from this draft.

E
Legend
Legend
E
The more I look into this kid...he could be the steal of the draft.

He is a legitimate WR not just a track guy. Hands run good routes and is one of the fastest NFL Player as in EVER!!! he runs fast on tape as well as in shorts. The kid glides and just FLASHES past players as if they are standing still.

Excellent pick up and is the true meaning of you can get a good WR anywhere in the draft!

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
Legend
Legend
C

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg
I could not think of a less competent college program and QB for Schwartz than Auburn and Bo Nix.

I am optimistic. Even if he's just a deep threat, that's something the Browns do not have. Or didn't have.

Agreed - you have to think that there is unmapped / untapped potential there to improve on areas of the WR position that he was simply never coached on.

Interestingly - I kept reading "world class speed" and was starting to get irked with the phrase believing it to be hyperbole. . . . I looked up Usain Bolt's 40 time and it is 4.22 so my irkiness at hearing the phrase "world class speed" in association with Schwartz has dissipated. smile

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Originally Posted By: Thebigbaddawg

Agreed - you have to think that there is unmapped / untapped potential there to improve on areas of the WR position that he was simply never coached on.

Interestingly - I kept reading "world class speed" and was starting to get irked with the phrase believing it to be hyperbole. . . . I looked up Usain Bolt's 40 time and it is 4.22 so my irkiness at hearing the phrase "world class speed" in association with Schwartz has dissipated. smile

I believe Schwartz actually set a world record as a sprinter in his youth.

https://www.milesplit.com/articles/23018...mmits-to-auburn

Set the world record for a youth in 100m. He is a legitimate world class sprinter.

you had a good run Hank.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season 2021 NFL Draft Browns Draft WR Anthony Schwartz

Link Copied to Clipboard