Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1863396 05/09/21 12:32 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The NFL will be releasing the schedule this Wednesday. Any guesses about ours? We have to assume that we’ll have at least a handful of prime time games (and maybe even a few “game of the week” games at 4:25).

Here are the opponents:

HOME - BAL, PIT, CIN, ARI, DEN, LV, CHI, DET, HOU
AWAY - BAL, PIT, CIN, KC, LAC, GB, MIN, NE

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
1st String
1st String
H
I’m really hoping some games get leaked before schedule release last years past. We have season tics and grab a hotel right when dates are released before prices skyrocket. We only get a hotel on night games or 4 o clock. Thinking we will be doing the that a few times this year!!

highoman #1863409 05/09/21 03:14 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: highoman
I’m really hoping some games get leaked before schedule release last years past. We have season tics and grab a hotel right when dates are released before prices skyrocket. We only get a hotel on night games or 4 o clock. Thinking we will be doing the that a few times this year!!

I hear you. That is especially true when you want to stay downtown for night games. All others, I stay overnight anyway, but stay 15-20 miles out of downtown, so the prices aren't as bad because it is a gameday.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1863420 05/09/21 08:05 PM
H
1st String
1st String
H
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

I hear you. That is especially true when you want to stay downtown for night games. All others, I stay overnight anyway, but stay 15-20 miles out of downtown, so the prices aren't as bad because it is a gameday.

We stayed around the airport for cheap for the draft. But like you said night games, downtown is where like to stay. It seems Expedia Hotwire etc raise prices a little slower than straight through hotel, when schedule released. Done really good with Hotwire.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The last 2 years this thread just lead to misinformation.
When they finally do release the schedule there are so many posts claiming to be the inside early information that I can't find the real schedule, on DTMB for reference.
It's only 3 days to wait.

My thoughts.
Hope for no 3 game road trips.
You want to get more road games out of the way early.
There will probably be some team(s) with 2 games in London England. thumbsdown
If the league wants more revenue they should add a 2nd bye week.

The pre-season should not be more than ONE game if it were up to me.
The league needs to be mandated to give more free time to players.
Expand the rosters from 53 to 55.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
The NFL will be releasing the schedule this Wednesday. Any guesses about ours? We have to assume that we’ll have at least a handful of prime time games (and maybe even a few “game of the week” games at 4:25).

Here are the opponents:

HOME - BAL, PIT, CIN, ARI, DEN, LV, CHI, DET, HOU
AWAY - BAL, PIT, CIN, KC, LAC, GB, MIN, NE

I'd think based on last year that at least one BAL game, the KC game, and maybe one of the PIT or GB game would be prime time/games of the week.

I'm kind of hoping the Detroit game is on Thanksgiving Day, and I really want the Arizona game to be in December.

It'll be interesting to see who we see at QB for NE and CHI, and maybe DEN and HOU (but clearly that's not directly schedule related)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
jc

I am assuming that hotels raising prices for game day is accurate.
Don't most hotels have a 72 hour cancelation policy?
It's a fair bit of extra work, but you could book rooms for each week now before the prices go up, then cancel the ones you don't need.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
clwb419 #1863431 05/10/21 04:59 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I wish we were on Thanksgiving too, however the Detroit game is at our place this year so that can’t be it.

I also agree w/Arizona ... it’d be excellent to make Kyler Murray come here for a mid-December matchup

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
highoman #1863432 05/10/21 06:18 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B

We stayed around the airport for cheap for the draft. But like you said night games, downtown is where like to stay. It seems Expedia Hotwire etc raise prices a little slower than straight through hotel, when schedule released. Done really good with Hotwire.

I have never done the hotwire thing. I have tried one such site but you couldn't pick the hotel. I try to stay loyal to Marriott brands to build points. If I am going it alone and want to ease the budget a bit, I stick with Red Roof. I have stayed at several in the area and have no complaints. I build points with them as well. We spend enough nights in hotels that building points only makes sense.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Odd number of games...who will have more home games than away...how will that work out!

Or all have 8 home games and then one in another country?

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
eotab #1863443 05/10/21 08:08 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: eotab
Odd number of games...who will have more home games than away...how will that work out!

Or all have 8 home games and then one in another country?
we have 9 homes games and 8 away games this year ... it will alternate like that every year. All AFC teams have 9 home games this year and then all NFC teams will have 9 home games next year

F
Legend
Legend
F
They should find a way to make it work out that all London, Mexico games are considered away games for both teams, so that teams and fans always have 8 home games.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
They should find a way to make it work out that all London, Mexico games are considered away games for both teams, so that teams and fans always have 8 home games.
This would be nice for sure. It sucks that some teams will have only 7 home games and basically 10 away games some years. That’s too unbalanced

B
Legend
Legend
B
As long as it is balanced inside the division, it seems fair to me.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1863454 05/10/21 09:24 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
As long as it is balanced inside the division, it seems fair to me.
yes, that would mean the NFL would make sure that if Baltimore has a “home” game in London, then the other 3 AFCN teams do as well

Legend
Legend
14-3 lets go

and its 3 because the last game of the season, the cardinals gonna be fighting for the wildcard while we already got the division and seeding locked up.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
Legend
Legend
C
Super Bowl is in LA. The Browns have their best chance to be in the Super Bowl in my lifetime. I live in LA. Looks like I will be going to SoFi Field twice this year.

Ballpeen #1863473 05/10/21 11:30 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
I actually look for the NFL to have a plan for that. I think their goal is to eventually have 16 international games a year to try and further their brand in other countries including Mexico. That would give all 32 NFL teams eight homes games, eight away games and one international game.

Until then, yes, trying to keep everyone happy with the yearly scheduling is going to be a chore for them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
They probably don't even need to do 16 international games.

Maybe have some neutral site games for some of the others, could make for a great chance for some fans to see teams that aren't close to where they currently live.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Along those lines, I don't think it would be a bad idea to put a game or two in places in the US that aren't really served by the existing teams.

https://sportleaguemaps.com/football/nfl/

There are some large areas on that map (some even with some big cities) that would benefit from being able to see teams play.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. Football is an American sport. I don't feel there is a need to play it in other countries. We can play games in larger cities in this country that don't have a team. San Antonio and ST. Louis are 2 that come to mind. Why not play an NFL game in Alabama or Iowa for example. I'm sure people there would enjoy seeing a Pro game once in a while. It's an inconvenience for teams to travel to London.JMO

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 05/10/21 12:41 PM.
Legend
Legend
Because those states/cities already have fans of the NFL. The NFL doesn't have to grow there. They are trying to grow entirely new markets and create fanbases where there are none. Most importantly, it is about getting TV broadcast contracts in areas where they currently don't have any deals.

If they can grow enough interest in NFL football in South or Central America, or Europe, Japan/China/Asia, then they can work TV deals in those regions. That's potentially TENS OF BILLIONS more dollars; not just the few hundred thousand or maybe even a million that comes from ticket sales in a place like Alabama that already has full TV coverage.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I liked the idea of having neutral games for some of these AFC/NFC matchups (Like us vs Arizona this year) ... find a place in America that is somewhere in between

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think that sometimes people overlook the fact that the bulk of the NFL's income is through TV deals.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
cfrs15 #1863489 05/10/21 01:24 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Super Bowl is in LA. The Browns have their best chance to be in the Super Bowl in my lifetime. I live in LA. Looks like I will be going to SoFi Field twice this year.

Grab an extra ducket... I'll meet you there for the championship!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
PitDAWG #1863490 05/10/21 01:26 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I think that sometimes people overlook the fact that the bulk of the NFL's income is through TV deals.

Bingo. The Premier League has a $1 billion TV with NBC because they grew their league in the US. The NFL is trying to plant that seed in the UK to get a similar deal down the road.

PitDAWG #1863504 05/10/21 02:49 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I actually look for the NFL to have a plan for that. I think their goal is to eventually have 16 international games a year to try and further their brand in other countries including Mexico. That would give all 32 NFL teams eight homes games, eight away games and one international game.

Until then, yes, trying to keep everyone happy with the yearly scheduling is going to be a chore for them.

Essentially, don't they have that now with the 17 game season?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
They have the schedule arranged in a way that it makes it possible for them to do that. But as of now they aren't employing a 16 game international schedule. I think that's the eventual goal of implementing a 17 game schedule.

#gmstrong
2nd String
2nd String
Hopefully no Thursday night games since I don’t have Amazon Prime.

Who let the Dawgs out???
Xanthros #1863520 05/10/21 04:18 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Xanthros
Hopefully no Thursday night games since I don’t have Amazon Prime.

The Amazon Prime TNF deal does not start until the 2022 season.

You're good for this season.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Based on media reports (week 1 will be released this morning) .. there are only a handful of teams we can play week 1:

Pittsburgh (home or away)
Baltimore (home or away)
Arizona (home)
Green Bay (away)
Kansas City (away)

So it looks to be a difficult/marquee game to start.

It’s also been reported we play at Minnesota in week 4

Legend
OP Offline
Legend

M
Legend
Legend
M
Well - I like the brutal start to the schedule.

Great chance to go in and show how we have improved. I'd rather face KC early than any other time. Prefer to play them at home than at Arrowhead - but will take it.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

4:25pm kickoff.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Week 4 - Browns at Minnesota (1:00 CBS)

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I remember the last time the Browns opened vs the Chiefs Bernie Kosar took a hit on the elbow
From Lloyd Burress on a safety blitz and it shortened his career. Kosar out for the year.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper
I remember the last time the Browns opened vs the Chiefs Bernie Kosar took a hit on the elbow
From Lloyd Burress on a safety blitz and it shortened his career. Kosar out for the year.
or Dwayne Rudd’s helmet toss

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Originally Posted By: Iluvmyxstripper

Nope, the last time we opened with the Chiefs was the Dwayne Rudd helmet toss game.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
T
Legend
Legend
T
2 games will be played in London, and it will not be the tackles.
When the NFL added a 17th game it reduced the pre-season to 3 games and designated the AFC teams to host the 17th games this year.

^ When asking the internet if all the 17th games would be in London.

No Colts, No Titans, No Bills, all plusses. Broncos come to Cleveland... Texans at home, Only one game in Los Angeles, all pluses.

Old news, but new to me.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum 2021 Schedule

Link Copied to Clipboard