Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Jason McCourty CB, went from the Pats to the Dolphins, so the Dolphins are just that much more of a threat. frown

Threat to who? saywhat

Threat to take the Browns final spot at a playoff berth, or to knock the Browns out of the playoffs, and any of the other AFC teams. And to all the NFC teams as an overall record loss or a team to possibly face in the Super Bowl.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE
Jason McCourty CB, went from the Pats to the Dolphins, so the Dolphins are just that much more of a threat. frown

Threat to who? saywhat

Threat to take the Browns final spot at a playoff berth, or to knock the Browns out of the playoffs, and any of the other AFC teams. And to all the NFC teams as an overall record loss or a team to possibly face in the Super Bowl.

The vast majority of the time, when BB let's a player go, he doesn't perform to the level he did in NE (Brady excluded). They were either a product of the system or their skills were waning. There's no reason to believe Mcourty will be any different.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Any team in the that looks at the 'Phins as a threat to their playoff hopes doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
T
Legend
Legend
T
You realize that can't be used as a measure of future success?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
You realize that can't be used as a measure of future success?

It sure can. It's not happenstance that when Bill Belichick lets a player go, he's already milked them for their best years and their skills are in decline or not useful to the team that acquires them. Again, Brady is an outlier.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
More like a loyalty thing with HC Urban Myer and his history with Tebow.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
T
Legend
Legend
T
DeaSean Hamilton of the Denver Broncos is a Wide Receiver the Broncos, are going to release or trade, or did already, in the last/next 24 hours.

DeaSean Hamilton, would I want the Browns to sign him. Vs. Khaderal Hodge, well, it's surprising how few catches Hodge has in his career whole, but I'm biased in his favor, the Browns have him, have a plan. and Hamilton is not a big time signing.

Bottom Line I'd support taking a tryout on Hamilton, (but I don't think it would happen,) but here is why,
His catches per target fell from 66 to 55/ percent about in his 2nd and 3rd years, he has 23 catches / for 81 ish catches in 46 games, 5 career tds.
The sports reference stat for First down catches, 1.309, or 1.035, every 3rd game he gets 2 first downs on avg, not 1.
(26 years old) 3 years, originally a 4th round pick.

Bottom line again, 55% of targets are a catch, and 62.09, or was it 69.,
a high percentage of everytime he caught the ball it was for a first down.

And Denver, Who was their qb the last 3 years.
If 55 percent of targets are a catch, and 80% of catches are a first down, and 3 years in the NFL w/23 catches+, that's worth a look is all I'm trying to say.
edit again
141/81 57.44% of targets = catches
62.9% of his catches = first downs, and
36%, 36.1702% of his Targets! =First downs. < that.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HamiDa01.htm

Last edited by THROW LONG; 05/14/21 03:28 PM.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Broncos Country tonight.
"We also reacted to the news that DaeSean Hamilton ^^
reportedly tore his ACL practicing away from the team facility. Facepalm!

frown I do suspect the Browns would flyer a player expected to recover even by Dec. 1, (because their roster spot could be stashed on IR with the expectation of returning), but best case ACLs are a full year.

T
Legend
Legend
T
If Joe Reed Wr, of the Chargers, were on the Browns, (If the Chargers were top heavy at Wr. and no longer wanted him, or valued a trade option).

23 years old, 6'1 225, 6'0+ 210, formerly Virginia.

If Joe Reed Wr. of the Chargers were on the Browns, to think of what that would do for the Browns, in terms of the Kick return game, and the dynamics of the offense, 4.47 speed, size to be a small ball 4th TE. 5th?
Versatility of usage, worth 3 minutes of thinking about.

Reed would be KR #1,
#2 D'Ernest,
#2b and #2c would Peoples-Jones and Schwartz, But! The number of options with mis direction or just faked mis directons would add a dimension to the Kick return game not seen every year.
Imho.
edit: Last check He's NOT been released, still a Charger.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 05/15/21 07:44 AM.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Why worry about kick returns? Most aren't retuned and you are assuming that the other team is going to kick-off more than once per game. tongue

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
tongue

How do you feel about Marvin Wilson? UDFA DT, FSU.

Since I feel he is clearly a better player than Jordan Elliott at DT, the Browns should try to trade Elliott.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Why worry about kick returns? Most aren't retuned...

woe woe woe woe whoa, if this guy; If I think he'd project
to Average
22-28 yards per return, all returns, over 17 weeks, and probably return Greater than! Two, over 60 yds, per each THIRD of the season,

and have a legit chance to have the highest yards per return in history, then that is something special.

Among all the other ways he could be used in versatility. Receiving and Receiving from a TE lineup, and blocking.
Joe Reed WR, Chargers were talking about, if waived or traded.

B
Legend
Legend
B
tongue

How do you feel about Marvin Wilson? UDFA DT, FSU.

Since I feel he is clearly a better player than Jordan Elliott at DT, the Browns should try to trade Elliott.

I like Wilson. I am not totally sure why he wasn't drafted, even if in the 6th round.

I like Elliott as well. I don't think trading him at this point makes any sense.

Let's get in to camp and see who brings what and what role they might play before we start talking about trading and cutting players.

Elliott and Wilson are different type players. Each can earn a spot. I could see us carrying 5DT's in to the season.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
What would you trade for Zac Ertz TE philly, on the 2021 Browns???

Oh my gawwwwsh, Philadelphia is trying to get rid of Zac Ertz, on an 8 mill, final year contract, he's willing to wait for a new contract after the season.

A TE? ARE YOU KIDDIN!! One of the HARDEST! Positons to fill on an NFL team.

Are the Browns all in on 2021 or NOT?

Answer this question, anybody, The 2021 Browns are,
Better,
Similar,
or Worse,
if Zac Ertz TE Philly, were traded for, Today?

There is No question the Browns are better, he's clearly better than, Harrison Bryant or Stephen Carlson.

The TE position team that plays the best almost always wins the AFC North.

Buffalo Bills, with almost no weaknesses and the best probably scoring defense in the past 3-4 years, have one overwhelming desire, that is, anything but trash on their TE roster. (They would Jump ahead and then the Browns are going to have to play against him!

Unlike WR, or QB, or LT, DE/OLB where there are two Studs in Every NFL Draft, TE with players coming into the league is very sketchy with some years having 3, or 4, but many, (Many), years having No starting caliber, game changers at TE to be found.

Baker, and most good QB's, Rely on reliable TE's to get them through the tuff times of games, so much that, having a good TE, =equals, their ability to keep an offense on the field, even helps a defense! by sustaining drives! (See the Chiefs and Kelce, frown

The Browns, haven't, really had a real offense sine Ozzy Newsome was on the team. .. OUCH!
ouch, owie that one hurts to hear and say. em, that stings.
( but I,,, I can't "not" believe it, I gotta go with what I believe is real)

Browns should JUMP, POUNCE! ON THE EAGLES' TELEPHONE, man,

They're trying to get rid of Zac ERtz,.. wha, er,
well don't blame them for being dumb, just take advantage of it.

Oh my gosh, (nanner) can you imagine if the Browns had Ertz' today?

Jingle bell jingle bell, Super Bowl, Baker to Ertz?

Ertz, Hooper, Njoku, on this same team? 1b, 1c, 1a, it doen't matter they all can play,

It would be Epic, UN- believable.

The Browns might actually win the freakin Div. with Ertz

Nah! They're going to be a 2nd place Wild card that goes on the road to
same ole same ole, ... whatever, nevermind, Go Browns.

AND GET ON THAT PHONE WITH PHILLY!

(Oh my gosh, naysayers, whose spot does he take?, I Don't Care SomeBody's Go Get It Done!
willynilly

E
Legend
Legend
E
I think we are all set at the WR position. I don't see anymore investments coming.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
No thank you. We are set at TE.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
T
Legend
Legend
T
116 catches,
70 + catches
80+ catches
70+ catches
70+ catches, last 5 years. in the words of his coach "let's be honest, Zack, Ertz is a top player in this league."

He's better than Gronk, check the numbers. shoot,
He is A! Top 26! player at any position in the NFL Today,
(I would, myself, never just poo poo an option like that.)

But OK, the Browns are set. (Just like Isaiah Crowell as starting Rb circa 2015.)

" never going to stop improving this team" Andrew Berry.

1st-2022, 2nd-2022, and name a player on the Browns save 5, in trade.
Baker
Myles
Chubb
Hunt
OBJ. edit: forgot to include Ward,

(We all have different minds..)
JOK yes! Clowney yes! #1 TE vs. #3-5 pass rusher?
(My thought would be perceived crazy...
but we all have different minds for a reason.) thumbsup

Who is JOK trying to stop in coverage??? What wins more, an incomplete pass, or a touchdown catch. (sigh) Moving! ON!

Last edited by THROW LONG; 05/16/21 10:29 AM.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Those are FOS numbers.
Zach ERtz had 1 terrible year last year,

I referenced the 5 previous year before his terrible year last year, where no coincidence,
He and his team were not getting along he wanted out.

T
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
T
I'm sure Berry having worked not too long ago for the Eagles is very familiar with Ertz, and would inquire at least if he felt the need

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
8 million for a one year rental at a position that we don't need help at. Like I said no thanks.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I don’t think we could afford him, anyway a 1 year rental isn’t what we need. I want to see Bryant develop. I can see Ertz going to Green Bay, I think The Aaron Rogers saga would come to an end

T
Legend
Legend
T
He is to TE what Roethlsburger was to QB in 2013, you play against it, but you never think it will come on the market.
They could just watch Harrison Bryant develop into vanilla and never go after special.
Volkswagons' don't win car races.
TE's are a very special part of football.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The problem you see IMO doesn't exist.

At this stage the Browns are a very complete roster you're overthinking this is what I am saying.

DN will be IMO the breakout player this season if he can remain healthy he is like the Browns on the doorstep of greatness.

So to add a TE no matter who they happen to be, is foolishness on your part IMO.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Harrison Bryant is not a polished option at this point.
Stephen Carlson, is barely worth mentioning. To contemplate adding an option, that can realistically project 70-100 catches on the year, is not dumb.

And if Mans best friend is a dog, A good Qbs' best friend is a top TE.

Legend
Legend
Ertz isn't worth disrupting a pretty strong group..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Ertz struggled to get separation and isn’t a great blocker ... so I’d avoid him as well. Hooper/Njoku/Bryant/Carlson is a great group for what we need

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Ertz struggled to get separation and isn’t a great blocker ... so I’d avoid him as well. Hooper/Njoku/Bryant/Carlson is a great group for what we need

Hooper/Njoku/Bryant/Carlson

Ertz, for as good as he is, isn't displacing ANY of those first three, and there is no chance at all we're adding $8 million to the roster for a backup TE.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Rather spend $8M bringing back Sheldon than bringing in Ertz - I think the front office probably feels the same.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Ertz struggled to get separation and isn’t a great blocker ... so I’d avoid him as well.

This. Bryant struggles to get separation and isn't a great blocker. So we have that already. But Bryant is cheaper, and has a chance to improve.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
We already have a more than adequate TE group. We don't need anyone else at this point. JMO

T
Legend
Legend
T
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/brown...y-for-a-safety/

April of 2019, the Browns traded Emmanuel Ogbah DE, for Safety Murray,
I already forget his first name, it wasn't good deal for the Browns.

Ogbah is having a nice little time down there in, Miami now, but the Browns signed Olivier Vernon? Is that what it said?

They didn't recognize the future in Ogbah and he played so well from the start? And that was Dorsey, But it was still the Browns.

It was ah, I gotta get my own way! disagreement contest. So they give up on Ogbah because Dorsey was in a bad mood? Or Ogbah was in a bad mood and didn't show up, because they couldn't find two spots on the same field to line up?
Really wish they could have kept the better player.

Legend
Legend
That was two years ago. It doesn't matter, now.... and we have better than Ogbah from DE1 thru DE3 on this roster. Again, he'd be a really expensive DE4 here, and the current DE4 might actually beat him out.

Besides that, his 9.0 sacks is kinda overblown.
He had a career-year with one really good run from Week 4 to Week 9 that accounted for 7 of his 9 sacks with two coming against the Jets in Week 6. The entire rest of the season he was MUCH, MUCH more like the Ogbah that played here in Cleveland - very quiet, not terribly productive, and rather pedestrian. Serviceable, but not above average, at all.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OgbaEm00/gamelog/2020/

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Ogbah was always someone, to me, who looked like Tarzan but played like Jane. He had a stretch when his best attribute was batting down passes, which isn’t necessarily a glowing endorsement

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I did not dislike Ogbah. Since that time, I think the DE unit has improved immensely.

As far as Eric Murray was concerned. Just from recollection, I thought he played decently for us. I was somewhat disappointed when we made little attempt to re-sign him. I thought he would have been a better depth piece than some of the Safties we signed for 2020. Hell, he couldn't have been less effective than Sendejo as a starter.

Granted numbers don't tell the whole story but here are some of his... Eric Murray

Legend
Legend
I agree about Murray. He wasn’t good, but we’ve had far worse in the secondary

T
Legend
Legend
T
Maybe I was misunderstood or unclear discussing Emmanuel Ogbah, who I wish had never left, sure, but;
that is not so much a hope they'd grab Ogbah off the Dolphins today.

It's a highlight of a look back to the way apparently/ reportedly things went down, and the process/ battle of wills, Or even a lack of shared vision explained for the future leading to a sense of disrespect or opisititely a reaction maybe an overreaction which also is received as a sense of disrespect which usually ends bad, that led to the trade, which as a trade was a joke, ended up way off the mark if considering Murray as a dominant safety. A reminder, actually a hope, that a good team/ the Browns could Aim to avoid things going down like that again in the future with any players.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
I did not dislike Ogbah. Since that time, I think the DE unit has improved immensely.

As far as Eric Murray was concerned. Just from recollection, I thought he played decently for us. I was somewhat disappointed when we made little attempt to re-sign him. I thought he would have been a better depth piece than some of the Safties we signed for 2020. Hell, he couldn't have been less effective than Sendejo as a starter.

Granted numbers don't tell the whole story but here are some of his... Eric Murray

This... from beginning to end. I dont' know why we appeared to make such little effort re-signing Murray.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
They won 10 games with Sendejo! iirc. rolleyes
Ya I know he didn't Move From His SPOT! during the snap; but. brownie
edit, I love him, that was just the one time.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 05/18/21 09:13 AM.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: OrangeCrush
Rather spend $8M bringing back Sheldon than bringing in Ertz - I think the front office probably feels the same.
And with such an opportunity back in March too. He may have already been in the room.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum NFL Released Players Con't.....

Link Copied to Clipboard